Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Tom Brady's popularity tied to rise in 'white rage and white supremacy,' professor says

Kyle Kusz, a kinesiology professor at the University of Rhode Island, published a book this month titled “Making American White Men Great Again: Tom Brady, Donald Trump, and the Allure of White Male Omnipotence in Post-Obama America." He theorized that Brady became popular due to the rise of “white rage and white supremacy,” according to Campus Reform.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-popularity-tied-white-supremacy

Outside of the New England states I think he is more hated than any active athlete. Kyle Kusz is a stupid sonofabitch and so is his theory. 

57 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Outside of the New England states I think he is more hated than any active athlete. Kyle Kusz is a stupid sonofabitch and so is his theory. 

100%

I was just in NY and TB12 is more hated there than poor people

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

100%

I was just in NY and TB12 is more hated there than poor people

BS. Giant fans do not hate him or the team.  

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

What a dumb fock article.

someone should look at his twitter from 7 years ago, I am sure there is KKK stuff

• Like 1

Brady is up there with Jeter - as an all time great foe who's so likeable, it's impossible to hate him.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Spot on, he may get a lot of air time an or but I think he is right up there with post roid arod as most hated

20 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Brady is up there with Jeter - as an all time great foe who's so likeable, it's impossible to hate him.

I hate him so much, cause hes so focking good, but hes not on my team and I am jealous

however I would hate Eli's face no matter if he played for my team or not

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I hate him so much, cause hes so focking good, but hes not on my team and I am jealous

however I would hate Eli's face no matter if he played for my team or not

Being handsome really does make life easier. A friend told me

THIS is the kind of critical thought now celebrated across college campuses.  And a further note, to oppose it is to risk a leftist label.....no disloyalty to the ideology is permissible.

Patriots have definitely added to RLLD's white rage

• Like 1

Just now, edjr said:

Patriots have definitely added to RLLD's white rage

😂 :first:

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

BS. Giant fans do not hate him or the team.  

Jets fans do... they're in the same area.

LOL, this guy wrote a book Revolt of the White Athlete: Race, Media and the Emergence of Extreme Athletes in America (Intersections in Communications and Culture).

This is what the summary says...

"Informed by whiteness studies, Kyle Kusz’s groundbreaking book examines the role that sport discourses play in reproducing a central, normative, and superior position for white masculinity in American culture and society at the turn of the twenty-first century. Specifically, Kusz illuminates how the American sports media – through cover stories detailing the so-called disappearance of the white (male) athlete in American sports or the rise of extreme sports – produced a set of contradictory images of white masculinity as victimized and unprivileged, yet superior and squarely centered in American culture, that shaped and were shaped by a broader cultural struggle to re-secure white male privilege."

What a moron!  Needless to say, the book has a 1.7 star rating from the 5 comments.  You need to read those comments.

doesn't if fock up his whole argument when the poster boy for white rage marries a Brazillian girl?

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Whatever happened to universities teaching life skills?

That would mean taking on responsibility. It is much easier to just blame the evil white man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TD Ryan2 said:

doesn't if fock up his whole argument when the poster boy for white rage marries a Brazillian girl?

I wonder if in Brazil they consider Giselle to be an uncle marco for marrying a white guy.

As I said, once colleges start handing out racial/gender studies degrees, the graduates must find work in that field.  That means they must endlessly find new examples of racial / gender problems to justify their degrees, no matter how ridiculous they get.  It will make gender / race relations WORSE, not better.  The solution is to force colleges to stop offering these degrees.  Otherwise, they will get more and more ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Jets fans do... they're in the same area.

Of course.  But I can assure you, where Ed was hanging out there aren't very many actual NY'rs. Hardly anyone from Mid-Town Manhattan is from there. One of the most popular sports bars in NYC is a Michigan Wolverine Bar. 

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That would mean taking on responsibility. It is much easier to just blame the evil white man. 

Responsibility to them is to hate white people and to be proficient at pretending to have compassion for others (non white) rather than just admitting they are using those others as pawns for pushing their hate agenda

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course.  But I can assure you, where Ed was hanging out there aren't very many actual NY'rs. Hardly anyone from Mid-Town Manhattan is from there. One of the most popular sports bars in NYC is a Michigan Wolverine Bar. 

That isn't all that surprising. How far away from NYC is the closest major college football program? 10,000 miles?

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

That isn't all that surprising. How far away from NYC is the closest major college football program? 10,000 miles?

It's more about all the rich diks that went to Michigan and live in NY. 

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course.  But I can assure you, where Ed was hanging out there aren't very many actual NY'rs. Hardly anyone from Mid-Town Manhattan is from there. One of the most popular sports bars in NYC is a Michigan Wolverine Bar

Gotchya.

Wolverine's eh?  Not really surprised.  I have found that big cities have a lot of bars for college and pro teams that I've never expected.  I saw an Ohio State bar in Charlotte, a Duke bar in St. Louis, and a Chargers bar in New Orleans.

1 hour ago, TD Ryan2 said:

She might have been born in Brazil but she’s German.

Hell her grandparents may well have been Nazis hiding out after WWII. Tons of those in South America.

50 minutes ago, riversco said:

As I said, once colleges start handing out racial/gender studies degrees, the graduates must find work in that field.  That means they must endlessly find new examples of racial / gender problems to justify their degrees, no matter how ridiculous they get.  It will make gender / race relations WORSE, not better.  The solution is to force colleges to stop offering these degrees.  Otherwise, they will get more and more ridiculous.

This is so true.  But, we can't force them to stop.  That's very un-American.  We just need to do a better job of having kids taught properly.  We need more schools that focus on reality and not fantasy.  The best way to do that is to not tax everyone equally for a school tax.  People should be allowed choose which schools they want to be taxed for.

For years now the left constantly creates and spouts crazy stuff like this.

It's maddening!

4 hours ago, Big Guy said:

For years now the left constantly creates and spouts crazy stuff like this.

It's maddening!

To be fair, a large bit of the blame falls on the right and center.

Some wackjob moron like this says something dumb. But you never read about it on his site or whatever forum he has access too. It's always the millions of tweets, reddits, and message bored posts that get it widely disseminated.

Same thing happens the other way too sometimes. Some wacko eighty says something Looney, and the left jumps all over it to paint half the electorate with that brush. 

If people would quit spreading the idiocy of idiots, we'd all be better off.