Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Side hustles

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Sucks when your six figure self made and run business isn’t doing too well. I hear Uber is hiring 🤣

Says the unemployed mooch.  

29 minutes ago, JohnD. said:

I recently started to ref high school soccer. Usually two games a couple nights a week at around 50$/game. Gets me some exercise and makes some extra cash.

Do the refs also have to flop around like they have been shot if anyone gets near them?  I was not sure how far the insanity went with that Communist sport.  

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Sucks when your six figure self made and run business isn’t doing too well. I hear Uber is hiring 🤣

We can't all sponge off our BIL's and fraudulently collect money from bogus disability claims.  Most people have more self respect.  

What have you been doing since you last got fired anyway?  Ironing your wife's blouses and making her lunches? 

• Haha 1

You could introduce your wife to a young stud and sue him next year for "alienation of affection."  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Elderly care

UPS/FedEx/Amazon Prime driver

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Better money can be made betting NFL and CFB props. 

I'm no good at that though!  I'm making between 7 and 17% each week since March.  I expect that to go up with Hockey and Basketball starting though.  Those are MUCH softer historically.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'm no good at that though!  I'm making between 7 and 17% each week since March.  I expect that to go up with Hockey and Basketball starting though.  Those are MUCH softer historically.

See the FFAWT and read those guys for a while. You will pick up on what they are doing rather quickly. I'm still not as good as most of those guys, but have been turning a solid profit the last couple years. Sometimes they will post plays that you can tail. 

ETA: If you're a hockey guy you could probably make some coin at Bovada with their over/under goalie save bets. 

17 hours ago, bostonlager said:

See the FFAWT and read those guys for a while. You will pick up on what they are doing rather quickly. I'm still not as good as most of those guys, but have been turning a solid profit the last couple years. Sometimes they will post plays that you can tail. 

ETA: If you're a hockey guy you could probably make some coin at Bovada with their over/under goalie save bets. 

Now all I need is for Colorado to allow sports gambling!

You could be one of those annoying people on LinkedIn that’s trying to sell leads or some other kind of bullsh1t. Or maybe a headhunter? I assume those people must be getting something out of it 

• Like 1

Just got a call from a guy across the border in Indiana who runs a flooring and window treatment store.  He's looking to retire and wants to know if I want to take over.  His biz is 80% window treatments and 20% flooring.  Mine is pretty much the opposite.  If we can come to an agreement, I'll lease his existing space and open a 2nd location.  If that works out, that'll be the side hustle. 

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Just got a call from a guy across the border in Indiana who runs a flooring and window treatment store.  He's looking to retire and wants to know if I want to take over.  His biz is 80% window treatments and 20% flooring.  Mine is pretty much the opposite.  If we can come to an agreement, I'll lease his existing space and open a 2nd location.  If that works out, that'll be the side hustle. 

Awesome!  Sounds like more than a side hustle though...  :dunno:

19 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do the refs also have to flop around like they have been shot if anyone gets near them?  I was not sure how far the insanity went with that Communist sport.  

No but I've been doing lots of Varsity girls games and I get to watch them "flop around"

Just now, jerryskids said:

Awesome!  Sounds like more than a side hustle though...  :dunno:

True. 

Right now, I sell blinds as an add on. Sort of an afterthought really.  I don't dedicate showroom space to them.  I just have a few sample books in the warehouse I bring out if someone is interested.  I've toyed with the idea of going after that business hard as the side hustle, but there's a gay couple (one of whom is on the city council) who run a well established window treatment store here in town.   The potential new store would be 20 minutes away in a much larger city, so I wouldn't be competing directly with them.  

Find a deposed prince or government official from a third world shiithole who has a treasure trove they need to smuggle out of the country and offer to let them transfer it to your bank account in exchange for a cut.

55 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Now all I need is for Colorado to allow sports gambling!

On the ballot :)

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

On the ballot :)

Everyone I know is voting yes on proposition double D.

Boys and I are going to our first card show on Sat.  They already have halfway decent collections going and I've decided to put some time into this as well. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 12:57 PM, Djgb13 said:

I hear Uber is hiring 🤣

Laugh all you want it's been a decent part-time gig for me the first month and I'm only working days,no bar crowd idiots to contend with.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Boys and I are going to our first card show on Sat.  They already have halfway decent collections going and I've decided to put some time into this as well. 

If you decide to seriously get into it I've got about a thousand cards(collected in the 90's) that need a new home.I've personally never tracked them to see if any are worth much but would be interested in finding out.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, MDC said:

Find a deposed prince or government official from a third world shiithole who has a treasure trove they need to smuggle out of the country and offer to let them transfer it to your bank account in exchange for a cut.

You still bitter about falling for that one?

44 minutes ago, sderk said:

You still bitter about falling for that one?

Are you this unfunny irl Peefoam?

Magic the gathering and other tcgs

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Are you this unfunny irl Peefoam?

Good job on getting ripped off. You are like the town drunk.

6 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Don’t overpay for a Shivan Dragon. 

5 hours ago, nzoner said:

If you decide to seriously get into it I've got about a thousand cards(collected in the 90's) that need a new home.I've personally never tracked them to see if any are worth much but would be interested in finding out.

There’s a semi interesting documentary on Netflix about how  the baseball card industry was ruined for awhile in the 80’s and 90’s. 

It goes off the rails a bit into a personal father/son story but it does give some insight into that time period and what happened. 

Its called Jack of All Trades.