49ers v Chiefs: Super Bowl

49ers v Chiefs: Super Bowl  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers
    • don't give a rat's ass

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trying to see how the 49’rs win. Can’t get there. 

Kind of been that way all year for this 9'ers team, so I get it but, then they beat the sh!t out of the other team.

I'm expecting a good game but, honestly, it might not be. The 9'ers may do what they've done all year. If that happens, we'll all be shocked but, we shouldn't be, they've done it all year.

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Kind of been that way all year for this 9'ers team, so I get it but, then they beat the sh!t out of the other team.

I'm expecting a good game but, honestly, it might not be. The 9'ers may do what they've done all year. If that happens, we'll all be shocked but, we shouldn't be, they've done it all year.

I might have recency bias working here,  but the chiefs totally shut down Henry, who was running the ball at a clip as good as anyone ever. I know the Titans are more smash mouth and the 49’rs more scheme,  but If the chiefs are frustrating SF on the ground I think it becomes an air game and that’s the chiefs strength.  But, and this is a huge but, Andy Reid turtling up is always a factor. He seems to be better lately with it, but old habits and all that. These are the two best teams though. Hoping for a good one. 

I would not be surprised if the 49ers early script is pass heavy to back the lbs up.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I might have recency bias working here,  but the chiefs totally shut down Henry, who was running the ball at a clip as good as anyone ever. I know the Titans are more smash mouth and the 49’rs more scheme,  but If the chiefs are frustrating SF on the ground I think it becomes an air game and that’s the chiefs strength.  But, and this is a huge but, Andy Reid turtling up is always a factor. He seems to be better lately with it, but old habits and all that. These are the two best teams though. Hoping for a good one. 

They really didn't shut down Henry, he had 68 yards at halftime. Only 3 rushes in the second half, Titans getting behind shut down the run because they had to abandon it. Henry does his damage in the second half when they are grinding teams down.

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I would not be surprised if the 49ers early script is pass heavy to back the lbs up.

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

They really didn't shut down Henry, he had 68 yards at halftime. Only 3 rushes in the second half, Titans getting behind shut down the run because they had to abandon it. Henry does his damage in the second half when they are grinding teams down.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Lots of runs for little gain, putting Tennessee in passing situations. 

I will predict this will go down as one of, if not the, worst halftime shows ever. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I will predict this will go down as one of, if not the, worst halftime shows ever. 

I'll be grilling the burgers at halftime working on beer number eleventy  :cheers:

About to head over to the party.  Good luck guys. I might be able to check in now and then.

Go 9ers!

pre-kickoff preview:

1.  Jimmy Garoppolo has VERY strong stats against man coverage but has thrown more INTs than TDs vs zone.  The Chiefs almost exclusively play man and aren't built to swap to zone easily.  It looks like Jimmy will be able to throw the ball at will in this one, UNLESS the Chiefs cook up some amazing zone defense scheme and run it a lot and it works.

2.  Of course they Chiefs defense struggles vs the run and the 49ers can run it extremely well.  I still don't see the 49ers coming out and running it a ton because, as we've seen in the playoffs, Mahomes can play out of his mind for a couple quarters and nuke you if you slip.  The 49ers are going to have to put up points no matter what. 

3. The Chiefs REALLY need to start hot to try to make sure the 49ers abandon the run. 

4. Overall I see this going WAY over, with a total somewhere over 70.  The 49ers offense matches up incredibly well with the Chiefs defense, and I think the Chiefs have so much team speed that even the vaunted 49er pass rush won't slow the Chiefs down too much.  This will be a pinball game.

Don't really care. Great thing is we don't have to hear about Brady anymore.

Now, if SF can win though, we can say that they have never lost a SB except when K-stink was the QB. Which will be great. That would put a stamp on his worthless life.

Both HCs need the win. Fatty because he's a perpetual big game failure and Ratface junior because he's one of 3 HCs that should have beat the Pats in the SB except that he went full blown stupid like Martz and Pete Carroll.

The weak link is Garoppolo.

Looks like the media is doing their job as usual, trying to stir up some hate & a name change. Um 'Chiefs' is NOT derogatory, stupid media. If you really don't like it, I say, go with the 'Fighting Whiteys'. Us whiteys would love to have a team named for us.

"It's the portrayal, imagery of the kind of warrior savage, the uncivilized kind of perception and stereotype that has unfairly lingered around Indian country for a really long time," said Kevin Allis, the CEO of the National Congress of American Indians, the oldest and largest American Indian and Alaskan Native advocacy organization. Just die you worthless POS.

I'm getting drunk nzoner not so much.  But he throws a hell of a party.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

:banana:

If both teams keep playing like this (as well as the refs), it will be an epic SB.

• Like 2

Just now, Utilit99 said:

If both teams keep playing like this (as well as the refs), it will be an epic SB.

Yes

• Like 1

What a garbage call. That kind of back and forth happens on every play.

There was more of a push off by Rudolph in the Minnesota win.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Way to run out the half, Niners. :doh: 

Terrible. Should have called the to after the stopped kc with 1:45 left

In case anyone is interested in an alternative to the halftime show, Brian's Song (the good one) is on Sony network.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

In case anyone is interested in an alternative to the halftime show, Brian's Song (the good one) is on Sony network.

Shakira is worth watching yowser

11 minutes ago, Reality said:

What a garbage call. That kind of back and forth happens on every play.

Arm extended , no push. Terrible call 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Shakira humped the camera for 5 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, frank said:

Shakira humped the camera for 5 minutes. 

I mean..jfc..I am watching this with my kids. 

Come on nfl.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Come on nfl.

Some good motivation for them. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Come on nfl.

We keep a throw blanket by the sofa. :ninja: 

10 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

A halftime show that's better on mute.

I'm not sure they sang in English even once. Yet there are no teams in South America or in Cuba or in any other shlthole area of the world.