Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

I got the vaccine. I come here and read what the guys post about all the negative issues with the vaccine and I begin to regret getting it. Then I hope that Tim Hack will post something that puts my mind at ease with a counter argument, using his sources. It never works and I go back to regretting getting the vaccine. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I got the vaccine. I come here and read what the guys post about all the negative issues with the vaccine and I begin to regret getting it. Then I hope that Tim Hack will post something that puts my mind at ease with a counter argument, using his sources. It never works and I go back to regretting getting the vaccine. 

You weren't forced to get it. No regerts. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's extremely effective at preventing serious outcomes from covid and not bad at preventing you from getting sick from covid at all.   If you're over about 25, or under 25 and fat, it was probably a good idea to get it.   There have been some side effects, but if you had the vaccine more than like 2 weeks ago, you're probably in the clear.   At this point the only "negative" would probably be that you might get called a sheep by some conspiracy theorists.

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

If only 7% of the NFL is unvaccinated, the odds are a lot lower than the vaccinated players that they'll test positive.  It's similar to the UK situation, where ~95% of the vulnerable population is vaccinated.

Nonetheless, there have been unvaccinated players test positive.  Lamar Jackson is one.

I understand probability.  You name Lamar.  Now name another.  Each week you have 2 or 3 players test positive from each team.  Maybe they don't announce unvaccinated status as much as I thought they would.  They sure did right away woth Adams and Lazard.  And with most players I see popping.

Point is what are we trying to accomplish? Close contaxt unvaxed is out?l of a game. Why? Stop the spread?  The vaccinated are spreading it.  It only matters when an unvaxed player is anywhere involved.  Why? Are we trying to save healthy 26 year old Lazard's life because oh my he came in contact with covid filled vaxed Adams? 

Tell me what the point of all this nonsense is.  I was watching Buffalo News last night and schools are finally waking up.  So many kids miss school because of close contact.  They say this isn't science.  Most all of these close contacts do not get covid they have found.  Yet kids are missing school left and right.  Hurting them.  Lazard missing a game BECAUSE a vaxed player got covid.  Hurting him.

Who are we trying to save?  These young healthy people don't even contract it with close contacts they are finding.  And if they did, something serious happening is close to nill on the chance meter.

Are we trying to slow spread? Ok I can at least follow that.  Then why are vaccinated people allowed to spread it? For example they only get tested every 7 days in the NFL.  Walking around with covid.  Adams in all likelihood played Sunday with Covid.  And played well.  

Tell me how this all makes sense.

• Like 1

1. Doesn't matter that it's a year old, dickwad, it's still true.

2. She didn't write the original, dickwad.

You lose again. You go ahead and believe the lies of your article trying to dispute the obvious. You are too stupid to see what is going on.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The risk of getting covid + the risk of it being serious, didn't outweigh the potential risk of the vax for me. Everyone weighs these differently. Now that we are exiting the window of the effectiveness of the vax, it did it's job to protect fatties. No one else really needed to get it.

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Oh hey, it's lod recycling year old articles again: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-cdc/fact-check-this-cdc-document-does-not-say-that-that-sars-cov-2-doesnt-exist-idUSKBN27633R

If only 7% of the NFL is unvaccinated, the odds are a lot lower than the vaccinated players that they'll test positive.  It's similar to the UK situation, where ~95% of the vulnerable population is vaccinated.

Nonetheless, there have been unvaccinated players test positive.  Lamar Jackson is one.

Now you're getting it.  ~95% of the vulnerable population is vaccinated.  If 70% of the deaths come from 95% of the population, that's an 88% vaccine effectiveness:

30/500 = 0.06

70/9500 = 0.007

(0.06 - 0.007) / 0.06 = 88%

See above.  There is no ADE or failing efficacy.

Yes - https://www.logically.ai/articles/actors-behind-uk-misinformation-site-the-daily-expose , https://fullfact.org/health/vaccination-miscarriage-CDC-study-inaccurate/?fbclid=IwAR1_2-3P4viSI7fA8eIUyVpFAZDo-a1pjXJgTQxSyOr1mO4cIpC1EqPDFgE

False on both counts, Tim.  You have even admitted failing efficacy of vaccines previously in this thread.  Here's one for you:  doing nothing presents a 99.95% chance of surviving COVID.  True or false?

Treating high-risk Covid-19 patients with the antidepressant fluvoxamine may reduce the risk of prolonged hospitalisation by up to a third, a large-scale study showed Thursday.

Antidepressant reduced Covid-19 hospitalisation risk: study (msn.com)

Along with all the other treatments out there, there is no need for the jab.  

• Thanks 1

Boy that jab juice sure saved this woman's life.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/woman-wasnt-tested-by-urgent-care-because-she-was-vaccinated-but-later-dies-of-covid-19?taid=617a2e7b35a2610001b04b09&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

"Her team of doctors said multiple times if she would have just come in sooner, they could have given her Regeneron or the monoclonal antibodies," Lisowski said.

As you can see, the fockups at the CDC have delivered treatment guidelines and procedures that are killing people left and right, including, "ask them if they have had the juice and if so, do not test them. We want as few positive tests as possible from those juiced up." 

14 hours ago, Gepetto said:

https://onepagericu.com/blog/debunking-ivermectin-a-complete-guide

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand probability.  You name Lamar.  Now name another.  Each week you have 2 or 3 players test positive from each team.  Maybe they don't announce unvaccinated status as much as I thought they would.  They sure did right away woth Adams and Lazard.  And with most players I see popping.

Point is what are we trying to accomplish? Close contaxt unvaxed is out?l of a game. Why? Stop the spread?  The vaccinated are spreading it.  It only matters when an unvaxed player is anywhere involved.  Why? Are we trying to save healthy 26 year old Lazard's life because oh my he came in contact with covid filled vaxed Adams? 

Tell me what the point of all this nonsense is.  I was watching Buffalo News last night and schools are finally waking up.  So many kids miss school because of close contact.  They say this isn't science.  Most all of these close contacts do not get covid they have found.  Yet kids are missing school left and right.  Hurting them.  Lazard missing a game BECAUSE a vaxed player got covid.  Hurting him.

Who are we trying to save?  These young healthy people don't even contract it with close contacts they are finding.  And if they did, something serious happening is close to nill on the chance meter.

Are we trying to slow spread? Ok I can at least follow that.  Then why are vaccinated people allowed to spread it? For example they only get tested every 7 days in the NFL.  Walking around with covid.  Adams in all likelihood played Sunday with Covid.  And played well.  

Tell me how this all makes sense.

Yeah I'd agree that the NFL probably doesn't need the "close contact" protocol.   In my kid's school close contacts aren't kept home if they are wearing masks.    In general I haven't really seen many school outbreaks or tons of kids being held out for close contacts since early September or so.

But the vaccinated players are not really "spreading" it.  0.6% positive rate in the NFL's latest release last week - https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/resources/press-releases/nfl-covid-19-testing-results-and-vaccination-rates-oct-3-oct-16-2021

6 hours ago, LOD01 said:

1. Doesn't matter that it's a year old, dickwad, it's still true.

No, it's not.  We've been over this.  There isn't "a" PCR test.  There are dozens.   Even if this specific test wasn't accurate (which based on my link, is not even the case), there are many other tests.

And once again, what's your argument here?   Do you think there were more false positives or false negatives?  If your answer is false positives, that means we're further from herd immunity and the death rate is higher than we think.

6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The risk of getting covid + the risk of it being serious, didn't outweigh the potential risk of the vax for me. Everyone weighs these differently. Now that we are exiting the window of the effectiveness of the vax, it did it's job to protect fatties. No one else really needed to get it.

I think you said you were over 50, so you are 100% wrong assuming you do not have a confirmed prior infection.

3 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

False on both counts, Tim.  You have even admitted failing efficacy of vaccines previously in this thread.  Here's one for you:  doing nothing presents a 99.95% chance of surviving COVID.  True or false?

There is some "declining" efficacy.  But not "failing" efficacy.

False.   0.2% of the country has already died.   That's a lot more than 0.05%

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Antidepressant reduced Covid-19 hospitalisation risk: study (msn.com)

Along with all the other treatments out there, there is no need for the jab.  

"But it's only 33% effective."   The vaccine is the most effective prophylaxis that we have.

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think you said you were over 50, so you are 100% wrong assuming you do not have a confirmed prior infection.

:lol:   If it was confirmed, I wouldn't have to assume either way.  

Nonetheless I am about 99.9% certain I have had covid a while back.  And not because I ever felt sick, but because I was in prolonged close quarters with sick people and never felt sick. And tested negative several times during that time.

Guys we don't know the long term effects of ivermectin with covid

We need to give the jab to kids so we can learn the long term effects.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

We need to give the jab to kids so we can learn the long term effects.

It really is the way to determine if its safe. The CDC is full of insane psychos.

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   If it was confirmed, I wouldn't have to assume either way.  

Nonetheless I am about 99.9% certain I have had covid a while back.  And not because I ever felt sick, but because I was in prolonged close quarters with sick people and never felt sick. And tested negative several times during that time.

So you're certain you had covid because you tested negative multiple times and never had symptoms?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Has anyone said this?  I thought it was more that it probably doesn't work.  

The US Government is giving 450k to illegal aliens but having service men and women, nurses, etc lose their jobs because they won't get a vaccine that is less than a year old.

Forget D's vs R's and all the give and take on this bored.

Things are severly focked up today in America.  

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you're certain you had covid because you tested negative multiple times and never had symptoms. 

I shared a house with 2 people that had the "highly contagious" Delta variant for 2 weeks. Got tested regularly because, like everyone, I am responsible.  Nothing. Maybe just one of 99% who breezed through it. A true outlier. :lol:

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I shared a house with 2 people that had the "highly contagious" Delta variant for 2 weeks. Got tested regularly because, like everyone, I am responsible.  Nothing. Maybe just one of 99% who breezed through it. A true outlier. :lol:

Thank you for being responsible.  Unfortunately,  not everyone is - https://apnews.com/article/san-francisco-lihue-coronavirus-pandemic-hawaii-arrests-07d4399b0fdb2e94c4df5d4a0b81113e

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Florida is doing really good. 

Best state in the nation 100% free and thinned the fatty herd nicely.

20 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

Best state in the nation 100% free and thinned the fatty herd nicely.

Well at least you're admitting Florida's recent deaths aren't because they have more old people

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Welp, there goes the government justification for vaccine mandates:

Just as likely to "spread," but not as likely to catch - The analysis also found that 25% of vaccinated household contacts still contracted the disease from an index case, while 38% of those who hadn’t had shots became infected.

Nonetheless, the "peak viral load was similar" thing has been found in prior studies.   And similar to those, this one confirmed that it did not last as long - "Fully vaccinated individuals with delta variant infection had a faster (posterior probability >0·84) mean rate of viral load decline (0·95 log10 copies per mL per day) than did unvaccinated individuals with pre-alpha (0·69), alpha (0·82), or delta (0·79) variant infections."

"Interpretation

Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. "

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just as likely to "spread," but not as likely to catch - The analysis also found that 25% of vaccinated household contacts still contracted the disease from an index case, while 38% of those who hadn’t had shots became infected.

Nonetheless, the "peak viral load was similar" thing has been found in prior studies.   And similar to those, this one confirmed that it did not last as long - "Fully vaccinated individuals with delta variant infection had a faster (posterior probability >0·84) mean rate of viral load decline (0·95 log10 copies per mL per day) than did unvaccinated individuals with pre-alpha (0·69), alpha (0·82), or delta (0·79) variant infections."

"Interpretation

Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. "

Not surprised you missed the point.  And I tried to lead you to water.......

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not surprised you missed the point.  And I tried to lead you to water.......

Your point was about mandates.  If you are less likely to catch, then the validity of the mandates could be argued (to be clear I am against the mandates)

Just now, TimHauck said:

Your point was about mandates.  If you are less likely to catch, then the validity of the mandates could be argued (to be clear I am against the mandates)

The justification for the mandates has been that the unvaccinated are infecting the vaccinated.  This study shows that line of thinking to be incorrect and invalidated the need for a mandate.  Don't want to get Covid, get vaccinated.  Just as some of us have been saying for a year.  Even the government was saying that before they moved the goalposts yet again. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be great if Cdub deletored this thread?

Isn't it about time to say goodbye to this crap and go outside and act normal in life again? No, not liberal normal.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Wouldn't be great if Cdub deletored this thread?

Isn't it about time to say goodbye to this crap and go outside and act normal in life again? No, not liberal normal.

No, it wouldn't.  There is good information in this thread.  Just like when Peenie does it, I hate when anyone deletes a thread.  Just because one person starts a thread doesn't mean they own it.  A lot of people contribute and deserve to not have their time and contributions simply removed on a whim. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, it wouldn't.  There is good information in this thread.  Just like when Peenie does it, I hate when anyone deletes a thread.  Just because one person starts a thread doesn't mean they own it.  A lot of people contribute and deserve to not have their time and contributions simply removed on a whim. 

I wouldn't miss it. It's 391c pages of repetitive masks work, no they don't, get the shot, no I won't, people died, they got hit by a bus but oh, they had covid. 

Meh, you can have it for your reference. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

The justification for the mandates has been that the unvaccinated are infecting the vaccinated.  

link?

A buddy’s company just announced a 30-day suspension w/out pay for anyone not fully vaccinated by late December followed by termination in early January.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

link?

Look it up for yourself.  You're the self proclaimed Covid information expert on these forums.  I'm surprised you're not already aware of it. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

There is already a shortage of workers, now let’s fire a bunch.  

Let's fire all the first responders who kept working and risked their lives when no vaccine existed while the rest of us were locked down, simply because now that a vaccine does exist they object to taking it.