Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Just now, Strike said:

Wouldn't waiting for a lung transplant suggest an underlying condition, especially considering Covid is a respiratory disease?

I don't know.  Didn't sound like he had any health issues until he got covid.  I'm hearing it third hand.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

What is that suppose to mean?

You know so many people that have been affected by Covid in rural Iowa. You’re in the eye if the hurricane. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know.  Didn't sound like he had any health issues until he got covid.  I'm hearing it third hand.

So he was healthy, and needed a lung transplant due to Covid?   Your original post suggests he needed a lung transplant before Covid, or at least that's how I read it.

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You're gonna have to explain this one like we are 5.  The pie chart is total cases (including vaxxed) and shows 98.3% have mild symptoms, but a majority of people are vaxxed and 93% of vaxxed have mild symptoms according to the quote.  Combine the chart and the quote and WAY MORE % of vaxxed have severe symptoms.  :dunno:

I was more referring to the bottom part.

But the 93% is not "percent of people with symptoms," that's % effective, which means they have a 93% lower chance of having severe symptoms compared to an unvaccinated person.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know so many people that have been affected by Covid in rural Iowa. You’re in the eye if the hurricane. 

How do you now know very many people effected by it since it started?  Do you not have many friends or family?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

So he was healthy, and needed a lung transplant due to Covid?   Your original post suggests he needed a lung transplant before Covid, or at least that's how I read it.

He needed the transplant due to complications from covid.  He had been in the hospital with covid since September.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He needed the transplant due to complications from covid.  He had been in the hospital with covid since September.

Gotcha.  That's sad.  RIP.

Just now, Strike said:

Gotcha.  That's sad.  RIP.

Very sad.  I wish I knew more about what led up to it.  I don't know if he was a heavy smoker or had some sort of condition.  It's strange how it can't barely bother some people yet kill others.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How do you now know very many people effected by it since it started?  Do you not have many friends or family?

My kids have been affected by it and never had it. I also know people that have had it in densely populated NY. Just not as many as you. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My kids have been affected by it and never had it. I also know people that have had it in densely populated NY. Just not as many as you. 

Not sure what to tell you.  A lot of people have gotten very sick from it and some have died.  Almost all of the people I know who died were in that group of high risk people.  The majority of people do just fine though.  

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But the 93% is not "percent of people with symptoms," that's % effective, which means they have a 93% lower chance of having severe symptoms compared to an unvaccinated person.

dont forget to mention it has a 0% chance of keeping you from getting and you need 14 jabs 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It doesn’t say that at all. Your interpretation is wrong.

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

dont forget to mention it has a 0% chance of keeping you from getting and you need 14 jabs 

false

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It doesn’t say that at all. Your interpretation is wrong.

No it's not.  Feel free to expand on your claim if you disagree.  Timmy is correct that the top part is referring to all infections.  But the %'s in the bottom part are different metrics than the top part.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

false

so youve seen the study where they put 10000 jabbed people in a room with covid and figured out what the efficacy is?

nope cause it doesn't exist

the jab has not prevented anyone from getting it, so on this one I will listen to the CDC who flat out says the only benefit of the jab is to reduce potential long term risk and hospitalization

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Very sad.  I wish I knew more about what led up to it.  I don't know if he was a heavy smoker or had some sort of condition.  It's strange how it can't barely bother some people yet kill others.

Simply because there are tons of people walking around that are unhealthy and do not even know it. They never go to the doctor so they have no idea if the have HBP, diabetes, etc. There are some factors that are consistent. Fatties, 2+ comorbidities and low vitamin d3 levels. You got those and you need to pick out a coffin....or get ya some Ivermectin.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

let everyone get sick and give them the antibodies

done

That was the right move but wasn't the 'plan The 'plan' worked out exactly as they wanted.

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

let everyone get sick and give them the antibodies

done

Yup. The vulnerable should have stayed home. This thing is over by now if they did instead of everyone, and the vulnerable would have ended up better protected.  It’s like closing the beach because some non swimmers went in the water and drowned. 

4 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Semi-regular reminder that Omicron still hasn't killed a single human on Earth

Actually, someone from the UK just died from it. Then again, it was probably some senior citizen who would've died from getting the flu. Seems like Omicron is just a strong flu bug at this point, so it makes sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so youve seen the study where they put 10000 jabbed people in a room with covid and figured out what the efficacy is?

nope cause it doesn't exist

the jab has not prevented anyone from getting it, so on this one I will listen to the CDC who flat out says the only benefit of the jab is to reduce potential long term risk and hospitalization

Just because that specific study doesn't exist (and of course other randomized trials do), doesn't mean the efficacy is 0%.  We've been over this.

So more and more people are getting it yet it’s still the same people dying from it. How about we reverse engineer this thing? Is there an engineer in the house, that maybe went to a good  school like MIT? 

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

False.  Masks help by about ~10% according to the largest randomized trial done on them.   They were never going to completely stop the spread, but they do help.

The CDC reported that masks were1.5% effective.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The vaccine still works against infection, but not as well as against hospitalization/death.   The effectiveness against infection (pre-Omicron) was in the neighborhood of 60-80%.   So still pretty effective, but not going to stop it completely.

Most of the deaths in the US have been unvaccinated, and this of course includes January/February when the people that were dying had been infected before the vaccine was available to anyone (about 1/3 of the deaths in 2021 were in January/February).     Since March or so, Delta is another reason, which was more contagious and at least as deadly possibly moreso than earlier strains, but even still has killed largely the unvaccinated.

How does your graph link back up your false claims?

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just because that specific study doesn't exist (and of course other randomized trials do), doesn't mean the efficacy is 0%.  We've been over this.

then whats the efficacy, I mean you think we would know

if I get the vaxx what are the odds I never can get covid

the answer to that is ZERO.  There is no going over this, this is 100% fact

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

The CDC reported that masks were1.5% effective.

How does your graph link back up your false claims?

That was mask mandates.  Big difference since that depends on compliance and doesn't apply to all situations.   I wouldn't disagree that mask mandates in stores and such probably didn't do much, since the risk of catching covid if you're not there for an extended period are low to begin with.

The graph showed that vaccinated people are dying at an extremely low rate.

57 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It's about 60-80%.   

That would depend on how many times you are exposed to covid.  Vaccine efficacy is comparing to the risk of getting it if not vaccinated.   So every time you are exposed, you have a 60-80% lower chance of getting it than someone that is not vaccinated.   And keep in mind even unvaccinated/not previously infected people don't automatically get covid if they are exposed.   So sure, if you are exposed to covid for an extended period on like 500 different occasions, yes, chances are you'll probably get it at some point even if vaccinated.

35 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That was mask mandates.  Big difference since that depends on compliance and doesn't apply to all situations.   I wouldn't disagree that mask mandates in stores and such probably didn't do much, since the risk of catching covid if you're not there for an extended period are low to begin with.

It's about 60-80%.   

That would depend on how many times you are exposed to covid.  Vaccine efficacy is comparing to the risk of getting it if not vaccinated.   So every time you are exposed, you have a 60-80% lower chance of getting it than someone that is not vaccinated.   And keep in mind even unvaccinated/not previously infected people don't automatically get covid if they are exposed.   So sure, if you are exposed to covid for an extended period on like 500 different occasions, yes, chances are you'll probably get it at some point even if vaccinated.

and if I am exposed to measles 500 times, how many times am I going to get it?

ZERO

and youre 60-80 is arbitrary, cause we are seeing millions of cases in the vaxxed

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's about 60-80%.   

This is also false and we've plowed this ground in this thread before.  When it is pointed out that the "vaccine" doesn't prevent infection, you'll switch to the line that the vax prevents "serious illness and hospitalization."

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Actually, someone from the UK just died from it. Then again, it was probably some senior citizen who would've died from getting the flu. Seems like Omicron is just a strong flu bug at this point, so it makes sense.

I'm extremely surprised it took them this long to pin a death on Omicron. Other perfectly valid guess as to the real cause of death are gunshot to the heart and decapitation via auto collision with semi trailer.

5 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I can't believe you guys are still arguing about masks. 

They are still mandatory in a lot of places and frankly are the only reminder there's a "pandemic" going on. With out them people would go about business as usual.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

They are still mandatory in a lot of places and frankly are the only reminder there's a "pandemic" going on. With out them people would go about business as usual.

I miss orgies

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I miss orgies

Did you stop getting invited because you got old and fat?

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Did you stop getting invited because you got old and fat?

been old and fat since 1 year post graduation, always been ugly. :(

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Correct unless you purchase my jab juice backpack with iv drip. Then as long as you are pumping the juice into your body you are 100% safe for the few days you are still alive

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and if I am exposed to measles 500 times, how many times am I going to get it?

ZERO

and youre 60-80 is arbitrary, cause we are seeing millions of cases in the vaxxed

Wrong again, measles vaccine is 97% effective after 2 doses according to CDC, so you can still get measles too - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mmr/public/index.html / https://www.science.org/content/article/measles-outbreak-traced-fully-vaccinated-patient-first-time

The 60-80% has been seen in multiple countries.   CDC claims it's even higher than that (they say 5.8x based on the link I posted earlier which equates to ~85%)

1 hour ago, Casual Observer said:

This is also false and we've plowed this ground in this thread before.  When it is pointed out that the "vaccine" doesn't prevent infection, you'll switch to the line that the vax prevents "serious illness and hospitalization."

link?  Even the "alarming data from Israel!" still had it at around 40% after 6+ months.  Most other countries are in the 60-80% range.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wrong again, measles vaccine is 97% effective after 2 doses according to CDC, so you can still get measles too -

And the R0 of measles is around 16 and yet we don't see people getting measles nearly as often as covid with an estimated R0 of what? 2?  

What does that tell you about the efficacy of this covid vaccine? 

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wrong again, measles vaccine is 97% effective after 2 doses according to CDC, so you can still get measles too - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mmr/public/index.html / https://www.science.org/content/article/measles-outbreak-traced-fully-vaccinated-patient-first-time

The 60-80% has been seen in multiple countries.   CDC claims it's even higher than that (they say 5.8x based on the link I posted earlier which equates to ~85%)

link?  Even the "alarming data from Israel!" still had it at around 40% after 6+ months.  Most other countries are in the 60-80% range.

You were arguing two different things the point is if I cannot get it I cannot get it being exposed multiple times to measles does not increase your chance the advocacy is 97% as in it works 100% of the time or 97% of the people

It’s completely different type of vaccine in case you didn’t actually know that which I’m pretty sure you do when you get the measles vaccine you’re getting a dead virus and your body is creating its own antibodies to fight that off now once that works you are immune. If your body is unable to create the antibodies to fight it off that’s where the efficacy doesn’t work

with Covid if I have 60% chance of the vaccine keeping me from getting it every time I come in contact with somebody I have 60% chance that’s not the Same at all compared to real vaccines for Covid vaccine does not create antibodies so your body naturally fight it off

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You were arguing two different things the point is if I cannot get it I cannot get it being exposed multiple times to measles does not increase your chance the advocacy is 97% as in it works 100% of the time or 97% of the people

It’s completely different type of vaccine in case you didn’t actually know that which I’m pretty sure you do when you get the measles vaccine you’re getting a dead virus and your body is creating its own antibodies to fight that off now once that works you are immune. If your body is unable to create the antibodies to fight it off that’s where the efficacy doesn’t work

with Covid if I have 60% chance of the vaccine keeping me from getting it every time I come in contact with somebody I have 60% chance that’s not the Same at all compared to real vaccines for Covid vaccine does not create antibodies so your body naturally fight it off

so you agree that if you've had covid you can still get it again, correct (even though your body has created antibodies)?