Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

53 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Bruh you’re trying to move the goalposts here. The fact is this virus isn’t on par with the different flus. Not from lack of treatment but from how they are in general. Flu is deadly. It’s a mutating virus that adapts every year with certain strains resulting in death. Flu is a very dangerous virus if left alone. This one? Well from all our advances we don’t have to worry about it. It’s not gonna cause all kinds of deaths like the flu has. In fact it’s got less symptoms than the flu. 

Trust me, it’s not as serious as you are trying to make it be

I wonder if China thinks it's as serious.  In the US, it's like week one of preseason. 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Bruh you’re trying to move the goalposts here. The fact is this virus isn’t on par with the different flus. Not from lack of treatment but from how they are in general. Flu is deadly. It’s a mutating virus that adapts every year with certain strains resulting in death. Flu is a very dangerous virus if left alone. This one? Well from all our advances we don’t have to worry about it. It’s not gonna cause all kinds of deaths like the flu has. In fact it’s got less symptoms than the flu. 

Trust me, it’s not as serious as you are trying to make it be

I am not moving the goalposts, I think a virus that has a 2% mortality rate and is easily spread is a major issue that we have not seen for a hundred years.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not moving the goalposts, I think a virus that has a 2% mortality rate and is easily spread is a major issue that we have not seen for a hundred years.

Do we have enough data to feel confident that the mortality rate in the US will be in the area of 2%?  Honest question.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It’s that way SO FAR. In the US it’s actually a zero percent mortality rate. Our living conditions, diet, and healthcare are MUCH better than a lot of places. Especially where a majority of the people died at. As times passes that rate will slow down because of the different treatments and preventions for it. Flu killed 60,000 in the US last year alone. 0 from Coronavirus. You tell me which one is worse

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Do we have enough data to feel confident that the mortality rate in the US will be in the area of 2%?  Honest question.  :dunno:

Of course not.  The only data we have is from other countries at this point. But are you confident we're going to ever really know the actual numbers here in the states?  

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s that way SO FAR. In the US it’s actually a zero percent mortality rate. Our living conditions, diet, and healthcare are MUCH better than a lot of places. Especially where a majority of the people died at. As times passes that rate will slow down because of the different treatments and preventions for it. Flu killed 60,000 in the US last year alone. 0 from Coronavirus. You tell me which one is worse

Plus, if 100,000 Americans are infected, Pence will tell us it's 3000. And if 2000 die, it'll be 12.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Not enough data, the problem is it takes 3-4 weeks (edit 2-8 weeks) before it kills you and the numbers out of China can't be trusted. 

Both diamond princess and south Korea are a few weeks away of providing a 1 month survivability rate.

Edit, from what I read diamond princess is going to have a high mortality rate, but it was a cruise full of old people. There are a few Americans on that cruise who sound like they are in trouble.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Of course not.  The only data we have is from other countries at this point. But are you confident we're going to ever really know the actual numbers here in the states?  

I don't follow your question unless it is in the context of your reply to Digby -- if your point is that Team Orange Man Bad will systematically lie about it, then there is really nothing to discuss and I suggest you seek help.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Plus, if 100,000 Americans are infected, Pence will tell us it's 3000. And if 2000 die, it'll be 12.

NewbieFacts

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You are going a little overboard on the dictatorship angle.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I don't follow your question unless it is in the context of your reply to Digby -- if your point is that Team Orange Man Bad will systematically lie about it, then there is really nothing to discuss and I suggest you seek help.  :thumbsup:

Oh, you're still following the Hannity/Carslon narrative.  Good for you.   At least Voltaire realizes there's a time to call a spade a spade and stop blindly following. 

And if you think Trump is going to let numbers be released if they start getting real bad, you haven't been paying attention

Maybe it's time everyone realized he's just trolling hard.  He ignores the actual facts that are posted and just keeps on going, and you all lap it up.  Just ignore him.  BTW, you're getting closer to him with your posts.  So far we have barely been touched in the U.S..  Yes, I get that it takes time and we may be.  But what if we aren't?  What if this turns out to be a nothingburger in the states?  Do you really think the Trump administration isn't doing anything?  As I noted earlier I heard a Dr. from the CO state health dept. on the radio today and she didn't sound concerned that we weren't prepared in the least.  Maybe trust those people instead of the "sky is falling" Dem politicians and the MSM, all of whom have not shown that they are impartial.

He's already told the health experts they are not allowed to speak with anyone until he gets clearance from Pence.  The fact that he even named Pence to lead the team is preposterous. Not an ounce of truth is coming out of the White House.  Thankfully, the ones with real knowledge will go to the New York Times or elsewhere to make sure the citizens of our country will not be kept totally in the dark 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Maybe it's time everyone realized he's just trolling hard.  

If you hadn't noticed by now, it's too late

Just now, Strike said:

Maybe it's time everyone realized he's just trolling hard.  He ignores the actual facts that are posted and just keeps on going, and you all lap it up.  Just ignore him.  BTW, you're getting closer to him with your posts.  So far we have barely been touched in the U.S..  Yes, I get that it takes time and we may be.  But what if we aren't?  What if this turns out to be a nothingburger in the states?  Do you really think the Trump administration isn't doing anything?  As I noted earlier I heard a Dr. from the CO state health dept. on the radio today and she didn't sound concerned that we weren't prepared in the least.  Maybe trust those people instead of the "sky is falling" Dem politicians and the MSM, all of whom have not shown that they are impartial.

OMG.  Just look at this post. After your usual whining about me, you follow by accusing MTSKiBum of trolling too.  You guys absolutely despise facts. And anyone who dares post them will get attacked by the Trump clan. Talk about trolls.  It's still trolling if it's done in packs. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Maybe trust those people instead of the "sky is falling" Dem politicians and the MSM, all of whom have not shown that they are impartial.

Come on, what would lead you to believe that I am only posting my views because of politics. I have been in this thread since the beginning and have had my opinion well before any politician made a public statement. 

Come on, what would lead you to believe that I am only posting my views because of politics. I have been in this thread since the beginning and have had my opinion well before any politician made a public statement. 

I don't think you're trolling like Newbie but your posts are very dogmatic, with the attitude that the administration is not doing anything and we are all going to get infected and turn in to Zombies.  Your posts are unreadable to me.

29 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

No. You have to throw out China and Iran. Those 2 losers have no idea how to fight something like this. They are skewing the #s. They can only unleash sh1t like this. Losers.

Look at S. Korea to get a real gauge on the percentages. A real country. 2337 confirmed cases. 13 dead. 0.5%. Still a lot of 150 million get infected but not what people think.

55 minutes ago, lod001 said:

No. You have to throw out China and Iran. Those 2 losers have no idea how to fight something like this. They are skewing the #s. They can only unleash sh1t like this. Losers.

Look at S. Korea to get a real gauge on the percentages. A real country. 2337 confirmed cases. 13 dead. 0.5%. Still a lot of 150 million get infected but not what people think.

The cases are too new, it takes 3-4 weeks(2-8 weeks) before mortality is known.

Wait, newbie you have made it more than clear you hate old people. 

This virus affects them the most. 

Is this why your rooting for it ?

22 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He's already told the health experts they are not allowed to speak with anyone until he gets clearance from Pence.  The fact that he even named Pence to lead the team is preposterous. Not an ounce of truth is coming out of the White House.  Thankfully, the ones with real knowledge will go to the New York Times or elsewhere to make sure the citizens of our country will not be kept totally in the dark 

LOL, NYT, yea they are unbiased

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/coronavirus-trump.html

21 minutes ago, The Observer said:

OMG.  Just look at this post. After your usual whining about me, you follow by accusing MTSKiBum of trolling too.  You guys absolutely despise facts. And anyone who dares post them will get attacked by the Trump clan. Talk about trolls.  It's still trolling if it's done in packs. 

I love facts, I despise NewbieFacts for obvious reasons that I have stated over and over.

Well maybe they'll go to Fox News in hope it reaches the public. 🤣

Might be a good idea, lots more Americans watching that than all your sources combined.  

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Might be a good idea, lots more Americans watching that than all your sources combined.  

No wonder.  40% of Americans worship Trump and that's state run TV.  The other 60% are divied up by 5 other networks of actual unbiased reporting. hth

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't think you're trolling like Newbie but your posts are very dogmatic, with the attitude that the administration is not doing anything and we are all going to get infected and turn in to Zombies.  Your posts are unreadable to me.

You are now taking my stance to the extreme after blaming my stance on politics. I have never said that society will fall apart or anything close to that.

There is a big difference between a .01% mortality rate of the flu, 2% mortality rate of this, and everyone turning into zombies.

I do post my opinion, but I do try to preface it with stating that it is my opinion, unless it is obvious. Close to half of my posts in this thread are what I believe to be facts without any opinion. I do fully understand that this is new, and that what we believe to be facts today may turn out to be false in the future. I am always open to changing my mind.

No wonder.  40% of Americans worship Trump and that's state run TV.  The other 60% are divied up by 5 other networks of actual unbiased reporting. hth

More NewbieFacts

BTS had to cancel shows :o  Now shite is gettin' serious!

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

You are now taking my stance to the extreme after blaming my stance on politics. I have never said that society will fall apart or anything close to that.

There is a big difference between a .01% mortality rate of the flu, 2% mortality rate of this, and everyone turning into zombies.

I do post my opinion, but I do try to preface it with stating that it is my opinion, unless it is obvious. Close to half of my posts in this thread are what I believe to be facts without any opinion. I do fully understand that this is new, and that what we believe to be facts today may turn out to be false in the future. I am always open to changing my mind.

1)  I never blamed your stance on politics.  I said you were becoming very trolly on the level of Newbie.  In a subsequent post I clarified that.

2)  You keep saying there's a 2% mortality rate but that's not true.  That may be true in a place like China.  I don't know.  But I know for certain that in the U.S. the mortality rate is 0%.  It's not like we haven't had any cases.  We have.  And not one person has died.

Thankfully Trump is in office and handling this instead if Hillary. 

We've already seen how she deals with crisis, people begging for resources. 

She leaves them hanging and let's them get sodemized, raped and dragged through the streets to their eventual death, because she more worried about getting weapons into Islamic terrorists hands. 

If called put she'd just claim what difference does it make, and those state media outlets will have her back. Because like her they are despicable humans. 

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  I never blamed your stance on politics.  I said you were becoming very trolly on the level of Newbie.  In a subsequent post I clarified that.

2)  You keep saying there's a 2% mortality rate but that's not true.  That may be true in a place like China.  I don't know.  But I know for certain that in the U.S. the mortality rate is 0%.  It's not like we haven't had any cases.  We have.  And not one person has died.

1. It can 100% promise that I am not trolling in this thread, and in fact the opposite. I am being on the defensive trying to explain why I have the opinion I do. The fact that the only other poster on my side of the argument is the biggest troll on the board should be ignored.

2. In my opinion, there are not enough cases to determine what the mortality rate of this would be in America. In addition due to the large lag time between diagnosis and mortality that other countries are experiencing it is impossible to say that all 60 people currently diagnosed in the US will recover. However, even if more than 2 die out of that group passes away then it does not mean the mortality rate is greater than 2%. The princess diamond cases all tend to skew to the old side.

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

NewbieFacts

There’s facts and then theres newbiefacts 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1