Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

"Instead of silencing the experts and having more political spin from the White House, we ought to silence the spin from the White House and hear more from the experts". -some dude on the radio

BINGO!!  Exactly. I don't care about some self-absorbed idiot trying to keep his approval rating up. I want to hear from people who actually have some knowledge about this virus. 

You care enough to post about 70000 times about him

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sorry dude.  It was Jake tapper's show. Not sure why it matters.  The quote is spot on. This is the first non-self-induced crisis that Trump has faced. He needs to put the safety of our citizens ahead of his campaigning.  He might even get rewarded with more votes/better approval rating if he just tried it one time.

I'm sure you agree with the highly qualified Dude on the radio.

Doesn’t California have Typhus, you know, the plague? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sorry dude.  It was Jake tapper's show. Not sure why it matters.  The quote is spot on. This is the first non-self-induced crisis that Trump has faced. He needs to put the safety of our citizens ahead of his campaigning.  He might even get rewarded with more votes/better approval rating if he just tried it one time.

ISIS was a crisis Obama induced.  Trump went in an decimated them in about 2 months.

Doesnt being wrong all the time get old ?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Jax has traffic?

When you work downtown yep, have to cross the river to get home and there are limited avenues to do that going East

The Dems are politicalizing the coronavirus and scaring the crap out of all of their sheep. They are scared chitless because they never check the facts.

The mortality rate of 2% for people with the coronavirus means that 98% of the people who get it recover from it. The younger you are the less chance you have of dying.

The mortality rate for SARS was 10%.

The mortality rate for MERS was 34%. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

The Dems are politicalizing the coronavirus and scaring the crap out of all of their sheep. They are scared chitless because they never check the facts.

The mortality rate of 2% for people with the coronavirus means that 98% of the people who get it recover from it. The younger you are the less chance you have of dying.

Maybe. But those were mostly in China. I don’t believe a fockin word they say. 

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Only 1 in 50 die?  That's awesome. Wouldn't mind getting it now. LOL  And your genius president compared it to the flu, which has a 1 in 5000 chance of killing you.  Ooof

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe. But those were mostly in China. I don’t believe a fockin word they say. 

Why not?  Do you think that the actual experts have their voices silenced and things get filtered through a dictator or something?

If many of us only have a few weeks to live, why are you all wasting your remaining time on this board?

are all of you really that afraid of dying?

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Someone in Orlando has it :(

Dump Disney if you have it. 

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

If many of us only have a few weeks to live, why are you all wasting your remaining time on this board?

are all of you really that afraid of dying?

*cough*  *cough*

Well I have to work.  I hope I make it a few weeks.  :cry:

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Why not?  Do you think that the actual experts have their voices silenced and things get filtered through a dictator or something?

Stfu. You act like a child. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stfu. You act like a child. 

Ouch.  That one must have hurt.  The very thing you said is fine for three days is bad when it's china.  Sorry. I didn't have to hit that hard.  🤣

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Ouch.  That one must have hurt.  The very thing you said is fine for three days is bad when it's china.  Sorry. I didn't have to hit that hard.  🤣

I figured out the other day who you are. You’re that guy that’s at the local bar every day. After a while you learn to just say hello and walk to the other end of the bar.. A discussion just isn’t worth it. 

Example: 

Board: Bernie is defending Castro

Newbie: Big deal, he said something 35 years ago

Board: He said it last night on 60 minutes. 
Newbie: Blah blah, deflection , Orange man bad   

Same shite, every day. There’s no point  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I figured out the other day who you are. You’re that guy that’s at the local bar every day. After a while you learn to just say hello and walk to the other end of the bar.. A discussion just isn’t worth it. 

Example: 

Board: Bernie is defending Castro

Newbie: Big deal, he said something 35 years ago

Board: He said it last night on 60 minutes. 
Newbie: Blah blah, deflection , Orange man bad   

Same shite, every day. There’s no point  

Translation: you're frustrated that I call you out on your bullsh*t and hypocrisy everyday so you'll just throw a hissy fit and whine.   

• Confused 1

Here's all just one of you needed to say this whole thing started:. "I would like to see Trump be a leader right now and forget the political bulshit for once".  That's it. Just one of you. And I would have had a little bit of respect for you. Not a single one would go out of lockstep with Trump. And that's f****** pathetic.  

Here's the bottom line, Trump never fails at missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

With the Democratic race looking like a shitshow, Trump was gift-wrapped an opportunity to actually be a leader and be presidential. And to look like he has the American citizens best interests in mind. And instead, he took a giant s*** on his opportunity. And once again couldn't resist an opportunity to lie to the American people, cover up truths, and blame the Democrats for his own incompetence. If he had handled this the right way, he would have walked into re-election without breaking a sweat.

38 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Only 1 in 50 die?  That's awesome. Wouldn't mind getting it now. LOL  And your genius president compared it to the flu, which has a 1 in 5000 chance of killing you.  Ooof

More lies from Newbie and no links.

Flu mortality rate

This excess mortality of 7.8% is what we found in a population with over 60% vaccine coverage. Our findings suggest that had none of the elderly been vaccinated, excess mortality during flu season would have averaged about 9.8%.
academic.oup.com/aje/article/170/5/650/102527

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Flu mortality rate

This excess mortality of 7.8% is what we found in a population with over 60% vaccine coverage. Our findings suggest that had none of the elderly been vaccinated, excess mortality during flu season would have averaged about 9.8%.
academic.oup.com/aje/article/170/5/650/102527

there was already a link posted in this very thread. The fact that you missed it is not my problem. Hope this helps

As I was flying today I noticed lots of people with masks on. Way more than normal

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Jake Tapper 😢Jesus next you’ll be telling me Brian Stelter is a reliable source. 

33 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Here's the bottom line, Trump never fails at missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

With the Democratic race looking like a shitshow, Trump was gift-wrapped an opportunity to actually be a leader and be presidential. And to look like he has the American citizens best interests in mind. And instead, he took a giant s*** on his opportunity. And once again couldn't resist an opportunity to lie to the American people, cover up truths, and blame the Democrats for his own incompetence. If he had handled this the right way, he would have walked into re-election without breaking a sweat.

Funny I never heard you complain about Hussein and Rahm and their always capitalize on a crisis mentality. 

55 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Flu mortality rate

lt's like @The 0bserver is a f0cking retard, just spewing out the hate and talking points handed to him by Pelose and Schumer.

Does this guy EVER think on his own?

I'd love to hear your 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon explanation on how this is the White Houses' fault

more "facts"

3 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

I'd love to hear your 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon explanation on how this is the White Houses' fault

That is probably what FBG, Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, HuffPost all said...

4 hours ago, The Observer said:

The White house moved on Thursday to tighten control on coronavirus messaging by government health officials and scientists, directing them to clear all statements and public appearances with VP Mike Pence.  Dr Anthony Fauri, one of the country's leading experts on viruses and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told associates that the White House instructed him not to say anything else without clearance.  😲

Ladies and gentleman, we have officially become authoritarian nation. You will only get the information that the dictator wants you to get.  Don't expect to be told how many new cases spring up every day. Trump has officially told everyone that he will release the information that he wants released. 

That's horrible. This Dr. Fauri is the smartest guy in the room whenever the White House does press briefings. It was seeing him take questions next to the president, knowing that the White House was taking advice from him, that gave me full confidence in their response. The man is clearly super knowledgeable and yet makes things easy to understand and sprinkles in a touch humor. Muzzling him is  bad sign.

Just now, posty said:

That is probably what FBG, Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, HuffPost all said...

Not even FBGs are trying to tie this to Trump

Just now, Voltaire said:

That's horrible. This Dr. Fauri is the smartest guy in the room whenever the White House does press briefings. It was seeing him take questions next to the president, knowing that the White House was taking advice from him, that gave me full confidence in their response. The man is clearly super knowledgeable and yet makes things easy to understand and sprinkles in a touch humor. Muzzling him is  bad sign.

Who says he’s being muzzled? They just want things run by them first. Come on man 

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

Not even FBGs are trying to tie this to Trump

Really?  Wow, I just assumed that he was on the top of the list...

6 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

The person in California is already on a ventilator, which takes 2 weeks. How many people in northern california have it and are not diagnosed. 20+? more?

Where else is it in the US that we do not know about. Our government needs to get its head out of its ass and start testing people asap.

Schools in Northern California should be closed.

Who do we...

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Who should we test?  Everyone?

... never mind, Strike asked.

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

People that have symptoms: fever, dry cough, without a runny nose.  It is here in multiple cities, but we do not know where. How do they know which schools to shut down, where people should be working from home, etc.

Why in the hell wouldn't we do that at this point?  Are you saying that we have people with COD symptoms and we aren't doing anything about it?  That seems... unlikely.  :dunno:

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Really?  Wow, I just assumed that he was on the top of the list...

I spoke too soon, my bad

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who says he’s being muzzled? They just want things run by them first. Come on man 

This is the guy you want leading the response.

I watch these press conferences and have come to love this guy. He's wicked smart and knows everything. He exudes competence and I trust him 100%. He's also a great speaker and makes things easy to understand. This is the guy who President Trump and Mike Pence should be listening to, not the other way around.

Really, for all things coronavirus, Dr. Fauri should make the decisions and Donald Trump and Mike Pence should be his press secretary, say a few words, then step aside and let him take the questions.

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This is the guy you want leading the response.

I watch these press conferences and have come to love this guy. He's wicked smart and knows everything. He exudes competence and I trust him 100%. He's also a great speaker and makes things easy to understand. This is the guy who President Trump and Mike Pence should be listening to, not the other way around.

Really, for all things coronavirus, Dr. Fauri should make the decisions and Donald Trump and Mike Pence should be his press secretary, say a few words, then step aside and let him take the questions.

Nowhere did it say he can’t talk or make a public appearance. That’s an idiots spin. They just want it cleared first to avoid mixed messages.