Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Where are you getting supplies?

So, where are you guys getting supplies during this fiasco?

Toliet Paper is still hit or miss at most markets, at least it can be found in limited quantities.

Clorox wipes- I accidentally dumbed into them twice over the past month. Other than that they seem to be not obtainable.

And the big one-hand sanitizer. Is there any place to purchase this stuff? I read there is now a shortage on the plastic bottles on top of the shortage of sanitizer.

Anyone making their own? Hell, the alcohol and the Aloe Vera Gell are in short supply now.

We're staying home 99.9 % of the time so I'm not worried about hand sanitizer.  If neither of us has the virus then we're not gonna catch it from anything in our house.  We go to the market once every week or two.  That's our biggest potential infection possibility.  We're there for 30 minutes or so and try to practice social distancing.  First thing I do when I get home is wash my hands thoroughly.  We went to Costco a couple weekends ago and were able to get TP so we've got plenty of that.  That's about it. 

I stocked up on all of those in January. :overhead:

We use Kroger and Walmart click list for groceries. 

• Thanks 1

We in no way were hoarding but we have TP on subscribe and save at Amazon and we went on week vacation. Kids weren’t home before all this happened and we ended up being overstocked. 
Clorox wipes came in today from Amazon. 

I drive to the defense and aerospace sector of Los Angeles.  The local markets around there don't follow the rules of the rest of LA.  You can still get fountain drinks and fresh coffee.  They put plenty of straws out for customers even though straws are banned in LA.  They've got TP and paper towels.  Its all fresh and clean and well-stocked.  Everything else is picked clean.  It appears that, when supplies come in, they get distributed to the military sector first.

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I stocked up on all of those in January. :overhead:

We use Kroger and Walmart click list for groceries. 

This, except Walmart.

Been going to the market once a week max for the last 3-4 weeks. Had plenty of TP and paper towels before this all started and still have 4 weeks left (or so). 

Wife ran out of wine, so I went to the liquor store today. Grabbed some vodka and 12 bottles of wine, including a really nice Stag’s Leap for our 25th Anniversary tomorrow. She went to the butcher and grabbed some great steaks too.

We couldn’t find milk yesterday where my wife shopped, but the neighbors got us a gallon today. You make due and adapt, I guess.

38 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Been going to the market once a week max for the last 3-4 weeks. Had plenty of TP and paper towels before this all started and still have 4 weeks left (or so). 

Wife ran out of wine, so I went to the liquor store today. Grabbed some vodka and 12 bottles of wine, including a really nice Stag’s Leap for our 25th Anniversary tomorrow. She went to the butcher and grabbed some great steaks too.

We couldn’t find milk yesterday where my wife shopped, but the neighbors got us a gallon today. You make due and adapt, I guess.

Congrats on the 25th anniversary!  :cheers:

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It's my anniversary???!! Holy Fock, I better get a card! :wall:

You should.  Also, sorry about drinking the Stags Leap, but it was quite good.  :cheers:

Paper goods - Winn Co. and Sam's Wholesale. Have not had much problem bcoz I go early. 

Meat/food - Winn Co. and Mexican markets. Have not had much problem bcoz I go early. 

Hand sanitizer is the only thing I can't find. 

The other thing we did and will continue to do - bought meat at local butcher and fish at local fish market- no more supermarket for those items. Better product and support local business- 

we have a small mexican market & taqueria that most white and black people are scared to go in. They have almost everything. TP you buy by the roll not the pack.

We keep our garage (fridge and two freezers) fully stocked pretty much all the time with meats, canned goods and other non perishables.  It’s good to always have it there.

Before this really started, we added some stuff so we are good for months.  Anything we didn’t get, we order through Instacart.  They deliver from Shoprite, Acme, Wegmans and Costco.

I just go to the store and get what I need. Just like before only I have to get there before 8pm now. 

TP, I don't get the craze. Never will. I usually have enough on hand to last a while, and there's a store near me that has boxed tissues that no one is buying up in masses, so, if I get to that point, I'll just use those. Always plenty of paper towels as well in case of dire need. 

Anyone have any luck getting Gloves, Masks, and/or Hand Sanitizer Online?

TIA

Nitrile gloves are gone. No more. N95 masks aren’t even available to healthcare workers so forget about that. I just got a 50 pack of surgical masks and gave some to family and elderly neighbors. 

18 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Happy Anniversary 

7 minutes ago, Old School said:

Happy Anniversary 

Thanks. I just realized what the Mrs. got for steaks. Got herself a prime filet ($40/pound). Got my oldest and I N.Y. Strip. Seems like she has no problem spending my money on her. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HTH said:

Anyone have any luck getting Gloves, Masks, and/or Hand Sanitizer Online?

TIA

I picked up gloves at Home Depot- but that was a few weeks ago. Their website shows what is available at local stores, but it doesn't look like much is available for delivery.

Masks are advertised on Facebook from a bunch of new advertisers at pretty high prices. I'll pass and make due with one of those hokey home made bandana masks until I find something better.  

Hand sanitizer is what I want- when I do go out to forage I try to use hand sanitizer before touching anything inside the car. I've found a couple of the little bottles I've been given over the years, but that's not going to last much longer. Hand sanitizer cannot be found- with the exception of that Healthvanna stuff on TV for $12 or $15 a bottle plus shipping. I'm actually thinking about making a batch, if I can get some PGA and Aloe Vera Gel- both are pretty hard to find.  It just creeps me out to not clean my hands as soon as I leave any building. 

8 minutes ago, Old School said:

I picked up gloves at Home Depot- but that was a few weeks ago. Their website shows what is available at local stores, but it doesn't look like much is available for delivery.

Masks are advertised on Facebook from a bunch of new advertisers at pretty high prices. I'll pass and make due with one of those hokey home made bandana masks until I find something better.  

Hand sanitizer is what I want- when I do go out to forage I try to use hand sanitizer before touching anything inside the car. I've found a couple of the little bottles I've been given over the years, but that's not going to last much longer. Hand sanitizer cannot be found- with the exception of that Healthvanna stuff on TV for $12 or $15 a bottle plus shipping. I'm actually thinking about making a batch, if I can get some PGA and Aloe Vera Gel- both are pretty hard to find.  It just creeps me out to not clean my hands as soon as I leave any building. 

Maybe try this? 

https://www.amazon.com/Artnaturals-Sanitizer-Alcohol-Infused-Alovera/dp/B085P3T9LX?ref_=s9_apbd_orecs_hd_bw_b2TLTJz&pf_rd_r=3N0ZX2GCEXM8P1NVACB6&pf_rd_p=4ddf4c18-82c5-5bf1-b9c9-6576feae5f07&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=2265897011

Went to my local HEB this morning they had almost everything. A decent amount of groceries, TP, and cleaning supplies. Looks like the hording maybe slowing down..

26 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Thanks. I just realized what the Mrs. got for steaks. Got herself a prime filet ($40/pound). Got my oldest and I N.Y. Strip. Seems like she has no problem spending my money on her. :lol:

Time to trade her in.

7 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

Went to my local HEB this morning they had almost everything. A decent amount of groceries, TP, and cleaning supplies. Looks like the hording maybe slowing down..

When the hoarding slows down and grocery stores catch up to being in full stock of things, people who have freezers full of meats, garages full of TP, a dozen bags of flour, 100 packets of yeast, 12 gallons of hand sanitizer, etc. are going to realize all the hoarding wasn't really needed in the first place. I think people should have only stocked up for like 2 weeks at a time unless they have special circumstances of high risk folks at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Best grocery store ever. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shotsup said:

What does HEB stand for

Howard Edward Butt - the initials of the owner's son. 

Nothing changed since the quarantine. I ordered food delivery even before quarantine. The only thing changed is constructions supplies.I had to look for a new company, and that's not the easiest thing in the world you know. Thanks god I found this https://glassaround.com/

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I will be buying more from Trader Joes now.

I don't shop there often, but did go once recently.  Got some pizza dough and made Margherita pizzas with pepperoni on a sheet pan in the oven.  Followed the video below for some basic tips.  Came very good.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KJaro said:

Nothing changed since the quarantine. I ordered food delivery even before quarantine. The only thing changed is constructions supplies.I had to look for a new company, and that's not the easiest thing in the world you know. Thanks god I found this https://glassaround.com/

WTF creates an account to make one post- to post a link- to sell something- in a thread that’s 3 1/2 months old?

7 hours ago, Herbivore said:

I don't shop there often, but did go once recently.  Got some pizza dough and made Margherita pizzas with pepperoni on a sheet pan in the oven.  Followed the video below for some basic tips.  Came very good.

Friday is pizza night in my house. Homemade dough is super easy. We've made regular round, stuff crust round, Detroit style, regular square, deep dish Chicago style. It's freaking easy and since we've been home we've had the time.