Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Car Exhaust : Doosh move or no?

In a Facebook post, Aaron Robinson uploaded a picture of his car’s exhaust system apparently filled with Great Stuff foam. The post was accompanied by a letter allegedly written by an angry neighbor.

Rink

Hard to support messing with the car like that, I don't agree with it....but I understand.....

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Rink

Hard to support messing with the car like that, I don't agree with it....but I understand.....

Like a lot of things I would say it depends.  The article says he has an aftermarket exhaust.  Those can be quite loud.  Does he leave at 5:00 AM every day and rev the thing?  If so, more understandable.  In most cases, d*ck move though.  I happen to own a Shelby GT350 as mentioned in that article and I can tell you even from the factory that exhaust is godawful loud when you punch it.   It sounds great though so when out and about it's fun to listen to.  By default when you start it up the exhaust is put in to "quiet" mode which uses baffles inside the exhaust to muffle the sound level.  It needs the full exhaust when you punch it though so those baffles open up whenever you give it significant gas.  I've read on mustang forums about people removing those baffles so it's loud all the time.  I see no reason to do that.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If no laws are broken, fuk the mothafuker who did this.  Someone is gonna end up shot over this.

Bingo.  That is 100% it.   

In this case, if NO laws are broken, the guy with loud muffler should egg the other party on (it would be easy) and get them to break the law and have it recorded. 

What's more chickenshit than focking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fock with another man's vehicle. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

anyone with loud exhaust is a doosh

Yup.    This^

12 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Wat????  Mine came from the factory that way, and is necessary for the car to reach it's performance potential.  I idle it out of the neighborhood to keep the exhaust in quiet mode around my neighbors.   Because it's loud at times, that makes me a doosh? 

I dont mind the sound of a healthy car.  Sounds cool.  Now if it continues going up and down the street or at crazy hours its a problem...but opening it up once or twice doesnt bother me on a summer night.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wat????  Mine came from the factory that way, and is necessary for the car to reach it's performance potential.  I idle it out of the neighborhood to keep the exhaust in quiet mode around my neighbors.   Because it's loud at times, that makes me a doosh? 

Kind of.  Is it loud on the road, in other neighborhoods.  

22 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

This.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Performance? Lol. Loud exhaust - complete doosh. And tiny pennis

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes, is this the first time you've heard this?

I'd like to do that to every single Harley that's ever driven down my road.  I think they should all get tickets for noise pollution.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Strike said:

No. you've got it backwards:

Because you are a doosh, you bought a vehicle with a loud exhaust.      Now that you have bought your loud vehicle and are driving around in it - you are even dooshier.   

It's a chicken and the egg scenario - which came first, the doosh or the loud exhaust?    Doesn't really matter, they are both dooshy.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'd like to do that to every single Harley that's ever driven down my road.  I think they should all get tickets for noise pollution.  

I give motorcycles a pass because car drivers don't pay enough attention them on the road.

It’s a d!ck move.

The fact we have to question if it’s a d!ck move is a sad commentary on our society.

Neighbor finds the car and instead of addressing the owner, he decides vandalism is the answer? 

Yeah, dikish move. But the loud exhaust is the bigger dik move. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

No. We just know you are a doosh

37 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Boy this thread didnt go to plan 

I feel as though it did, no one brought politics into it and people had some frank postings, I consider this a nice one

1 hour ago, Old School said:

It’s a d!ck move.

The fact we have to question if it’s a d!ck move is a sad commentary on our society.

Neighbor finds the car and instead of addressing the owner, he decides vandalism is the answer? 

He did address the owner.  Did you click on the link?  The neighbor gave the owner a note stating he had 14 days to address the problem.

Don't fvck up someone's car. Just talk to the guy about it. My first car once had a muffler problem. Maybe some rust ate through or something. I drove around for few weeks with it sounding awful. Loud as hell. At the time I couldn't afford to fix it. If I caught someone shoving crap into my tailpipe I might have grabbed a long metal flashlight and whacked them on the back of their skulls while they were in the process of fvcking up my car.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Don't fvck up someone's car. Just talk to the guy about it. My first car once had a muffler problem. Maybe some rust ate through or something. I drove around for few weeks with it sounding awful. Loud as hell. At the time I couldn't afford to fix it. If I caught someone shoving crap into my tailpipe I might have grabbed a long metal flashlight and whacked them on the back of their skulls while they were in the process of fvcking up my car.

Sure, but people understand the difference between a car that is in need of repairs and a car that is loud on purpose.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sure, but people understand the difference between a car that is in need of repairs and a car that is loud on purpose.

But the guy posted this on his facebook:

"Honest to God I’m a reasonable human being I would have changed it no problem just had to ask... "

I'm not sure if he is just saying that or if he means it, but seriously, talk to the guy before you start shoving crap into his car's tailpipe.

• Thanks 1

Not a doosh move, it’s a crime. Fact not opinion 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He did address the owner.  Did you click on the link?  The neighbor gave the owner a note stating he had 14 days to address the problem.

A note? It was a threat.

Too cowardly to face the person face to face and even attempt to have a conversation. 

This is the new normal. And apparently it’s widely accepted. If you don’t like something destroy it. It doesn’t matter that it’s someone else’s property.

What ever happened to knocking on someone’s door?

Then punching them in front of their wife &  kids? 

If I'm the guy with the car and I knew who the guy was who did that, I'm dishing out some payback. But not right away. I'm waiting about 6-12 month's and doing something 10x worse to that dude, totally unrelated to vehicles.

6 minutes ago, Old School said:

Damn that is Old School right there

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I feel as though it did, no one brought politics into it and people had some frank postings, I consider this a nice one

I do what I can. 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Trump's fault!!! :mad:

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Bingo.  That is 100% it.   

In this case, if NO laws are broken, the guy with loud muffler should egg the other party on (it would be easy) and get them to break the law and have it recorded. 

No, this is like the a****** Philly fan who thinks he can talk on the phone or boo or talk loud or whatever he wants to do in a movie or a theater or wherever because he paid his $40. And it's not illegal.

This is the ultimate male attention w**** lose. South Park do the whole episode on Harley writers. is your that small that you really need to call attention to yourself?

It was funny, first Harley dorks we're saying that that's just a natural sound from the engine. And then when that was proven to be b*******, they said it was a safety feature so other cars could hear them on the road. No, you just have a really small .

The car's exhaust system is the same thing. These little rice burner teenagers who make their Supra the loudest thing on the road. Shut the fup. 

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe

I get the feeling you had a lot of bananas in your tailpipe.

2 hours ago, Old School said:

A note? It was a threat.

Too cowardly to face the person face to face and even attempt to have a conversation. 

This is the new normal. And apparently it’s widely accepted. If you don’t like something destroy it. It doesn’t matter that it’s someone else’s property.

Do you know how hard it is to punch a guy in the face from 6 feet away?

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

No, this is like the a****** Philly fan who thinks he can talk on the phone or boo or talk loud or whatever he wants to do in a movie or a theater or wherever because he paid his $40. And it's not illegal.

This is the ultimate male attention w**** lose. South Park do the whole episode on Harley writers. is your that small that you really need to call attention to yourself?

It was funny, first Harley dorks we're saying that that's just a natural sound from the engine. And then when that was proven to be b*******, they said it was a safety feature so other cars could hear them on the road. No, you just have a really small .

The car's exhaust system is the same thing. These little rice burner teenagers who make their Supra the loudest thing on the road. Shut the fup. 

Then just talk to the dude. Why damage property? Can't blocking the exhaust lead to fumes backing up into the vehicle? 

Anyway, if I don't like how someone is making a lot of noise in their garage, should I sneak over there at night and sprayfoam the whole inside of the garage?

16 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Then just talk to the dude. Why damage property? Can't blocking the exhaust lead to fumes backing up into the vehicle? 

Anyway, if I don't like how someone is making a lot of noise in their garage, should I sneak over there at night and sprayfoam the whole inside of the garage?

You know what? I concede all that. It's a puzzy move.  Should be a last resort, not a first response.