KayJay1971

Dak Prescott Pledges $1 Million To Aid Social Justice

1 minute ago, posty said:

So where is the million going exactly?

According to the first paragraph of the article:

In a passionate Instagram post, the Cowboys' starting quarterback announced he will pledge $1 million to "improve our police training and address systematic racism through education and advocacy in our country."

OK, I can get with this....he did not kneel like a coward when our veterans were being honored, he did not burn or loot or just generally whine like a little b!tch, he stepped up......great example

He turns down multiple offers to become the highest paid player in the league and instead gives a million away.

Does that make him a Social Justice Warrior? :o 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Does that make him a Social Justice Warrior? :o 

Hard to know based on the available evidence, social justice warrior is defined as a person who expresses or promotes socially progressive views.  So perhaps it might hinge on what entities he is inclined to support.

There's nothing wrong with Prescott's decision, but I think he, like many others have a disillusioned perspective of police training.  Donating money to "improve our police training and address systematic racism through education and advocacy in our country", is better in message than it is in practice.  Since it's inception, police training is reactionary.  It changes as the criminal changes... not the other way around.  The idea of "systematic racism" only applies if you believe it exists.  Sure, a lot of people do, but just as many do not.  Simply, his donation is a fool's errand.  It won't actually accomplish anything.

There's no training in the police academy's that tells them to kill people.  They have training that tells them to protect ALL lives and property when possible.  There are racists out there.  Some may become cops.  No training will change them.  Maybe the one's doing the training could be more perceptive and weed them out.  That's something to strive for.  

is there a gofundme site ?

54 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Boy, that's a lot of bricks!

I believe this more than it going to anything useful.

Just curious, was Prescott supporting a stand against all the black murderers who were killing black people in Chicago and Baltimore and everywhere around this country that has been happening over the years and is happening at this moment and will be happening tomorrow and etc...?

Or he just mostly concerned that a white guy who had a hand in the death of a black guy. So now it's worth a million but before it wasn't?

And when did all this self advertising of donations become popular? 

Said Prescott in his post: As our communities take action, protesting and fighting for the justice of George Floyd and every black life, I am with you!

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I believe this more than it going to anything useful.

Just curious, was Prescott supporting a stand against all the black murderers who were killing black people in Chicago and Baltimore and everywhere around this country that has been happening over the years and is happening at this moment and will be happening tomorrow and etc...?

Or he just mostly concerned that a white guy who had a hand in the death of a black guy. So now it's worth a million but before it wasn't?

And when did all this self advertising of donations become popular? 

Too bad you glossed over the other statement he made:

"It is our obligation to tell our neighbor how much they matter to us and take a stand for the greater good of each other," he said.

I don't see how this can be turned into a negative. I guess he could have taken the route LeBron James took. That is way more helpful. :rolleyes:

I cant wait until all of the athletes and entertainers lead us to the promised land and we all live in harmony. They are the guiding light we have been waiting for. I nominate LeBron for supreme ruler. 

5 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Too bad you glossed over the other statement he made:

"It is our obligation to tell our neighbor how much they matter to us and take a stand for the greater good of each other," he said.

I don't see how this can be turned into a negative. I guess he could have taken the route LeBron James took. That is way more helpful. :rolleyes:

I don't care what he said. For people to come out now and say they want to support the black people in this country (when it's the black people who are tearing it apart) so they can capitalize on the optics of the situation is gross.

How many black people die unlawfully at the hands of the police? 

And how many die unlawfully at the hands of other black people?

Think about it.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

OK, I can get with this....he did not kneel like a coward when our veterans were being honored, he did not burn or loot or just generally whine like a little b!tch, he stepped up......great example

Yup.
Drew Brees has his head on straight also...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29262906/saints-drew-brees-says-never-agree-anybody-disrespecting-flag

Our problems will NEVER in our lifetime be fixed, because no matter what is "done" for "them" a large percent will still act like animals.

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't care what he said. For people to come out now and say they want to support the black people in this country (when it's the black people who are tearing it apart) so they can capitalize on the optics of the situation is gross.

How many black people die unlawfully at the hands of the police? 

And how many die unlawfully at the hands of other black people?

Think about it.

I don't know where you live but out here in California I see people from every race involved in these riots/lootings. White, Black, Brown, Asian....all types of people out there trying to capitalize on this situation. I think it is pretty silly to state it is black people tearing our country apart. 

52 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I’m sure it’s well intentioned, but it will be wasted.

This.  Until there is an honest discussion about the issue any money thrown at it is just a waste. 

Pay attention Jerry. This guy doesn't need the money. Let him walk. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I don't know where you live but out here in California I see people from every race involved in these riots/lootings. White, Black, Brown, Asian....all types of people out there trying to capitalize on this situation. I think it is pretty silly to state it is black people tearing our country apart. 

Opportunists, all of them. They need to be eliminated. They add nothing to society. And they most likely never will. 

8 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I think there are racists who think the riots are a race issue.  They're not.  They're a political issue.  The people involved in the riots are Democrats of all races.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, posty said:

So where is the million going exactly?

bricks mostly

he's thrown a lot of them

The money would be better spent giving black people training on how to act civilized. 

• Thanks 1

This will no doubt result in less people , especially black people, being killed by the police. Much less.  I have every confidence the goal will be achieved. And less Black people being incarcerated. This too will happen. Guarantee. It looks like a win is all but assured. 

This is  Cool  👍

Pledging money to bail out people arrested for assaulting cops?  👎

23 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The money would be better spent giving black people training on how to act civilized. 

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Better spent? Meh, I'm beginning to think there are better ways to spend that money. You hate America? You claim you're oppressed here? You claim African before American?  Ok. Maybe you should rethink your position. 

Some dumbass suggested we pay reparations to the tune of $350K per AM. How bout we spend $350 to send them back to the land that they wish they were still in? 

Done deal, right? We good?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This will no doubt result in less people , especially black people, being killed by the police. Much less.  I have every confidence the goal will be achieved. And less Black people being incarcerated. This too will happen. Guarantee. It looks like a win is all but assured. 

One day we will live the dream of having the police force abolished and the black communities can thrive in harmony like they have been trying to do for so long. Much like Islam, all they want is peace.

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Better spent? Meh, I'm beginning to think there are better ways to spend that money. You hate America? You claim you're oppressed here? You claim African before American?  Ok. Maybe you should rethink your position. 

Some dumbass suggested we pay reparations to the tune of $350K per AM. How bout we spend $350 to send them back to the land that they wish they were still in? 

Done deal, right? We good?

They would never ever leave. Even though they lie every day they know this is the best place in the world to live. At least it is right now. In 50 years when white people are no longer the majority. America will become another sh1t hole. 

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

One day we will live the dream of having the police force abolished and the black communities can thrive in harmony like they have been trying to do for so long. Much like Islam, all they want is peace.

Yes. The demands that they seek only have upside. Give them what they want. I’m all for it. Much like Newbie and the rest of the SJW’s, what do I care? We barely have any police where I live now. I won’t miss them. I have about 1000pct chance of needing the fire dept or an ambulance than I do a cop. Just keep them rolling and I’m good. 

How about using that $1M to educate folks how to not commit crimes and comply with orders given by police? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

How about using that $1M to educate folks how to not commit crimes and comply with orders given by police? 

*Class full of black people*

Teacher - "okay class here is the fist lesson. You get pulled over in your car what do you do"

Black guy 1 - " b1tch ain't no cop gonna pull me ovah. Sh1t I'm rolling on 22s I just fire up my whip and out.

Black guy 2 - "imma get out my car and run, niggah I already got two strikes on my @ss and you know I be slinging day rock, yah heard me. Sheeeet"

Black lady - "fock dat cop I ain't even do muffin"

Black guy 1 -"hell yeah sistah focking niggahs always tryin to keep a queen like you down. Blacker the berry no I'm sayin? Let hollah at you b1tch"

Black dude 3- " niggah I Ain no punk I'm coming out blasting that po-po"

Black dude 4 - "imma fight back cause I diddin du nuffin"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

According to the first paragraph of the article:

In a passionate Instagram post, the Cowboys' starting quarterback announced he will pledge $1 million to "improve our police training and address systematic racism through education and advocacy in our country."

That technicaly doesn't say where it is going...

2 hours ago, posty said:

That technicaly doesn't say where it is going...

Well I guess you would have to reach out to Dak's agent if you really need to know the specifics. 

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I cant wait until all of the athletes and entertainers lead us to the promised land and we all live in harmony. They are the guiding light we have been waiting for. I nominate LeBron for supreme ruler. 

Using their money in constructive ways is useful.

12 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Using their money in constructive ways is useful.

Until the mob comes for them. Then the they love the police. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Until the mob comes for them. Then the they love the police. 

I was just talking about their money being useful. For some reason people think a rich person has better opinions on social issues. I would love to set aside a chunk of land and let all of the defund police people try out a social experiment for us. They could really make a difference in this world if they show us how police are completely unnecessary in this day and age.