Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

My Oxycodone Pills UPDATETORED

The container says take 1 tablet every six hours for pain, as needed. everybody's "as needed" is different, and I shoot for one pill a day. When I got out of rehab, they gave me a "no refills" bottle of 84 pills. I did the math, and  I averaged 1.3 pills a day. The actual need for the pills is associated with my toes. They got deprived of proper blood circulation, due to the medication used to keep me in an induced comma. The first time I saw my toes, it scared the out of me. I thought I must have been in a car accident. Passed out while driving, or something, and gotten my feet mangled and burned. My toes were black, and looked like fried, shinny beetles. No way that could be associated with heart surgery, right? 

At various points, I was told I might lose my feet, one foot, part of one foot, my toes on the right foot, some of my toes on the right foot. two of my toes, and then, possibly none of my toes. I am told my body has amazing recuperative powers. I went home from rehab with constant low-level pain in my toes. In general, I called it a pain level of one or two, with some short episodes of higher level pain. 

I was getting around better at home, and got to where I could walk around, slowly and carefully, without a walker or transport. Then I went to the podiatrist. He cut the dry gangrene off the end of two toes. They put a little numbing gel before he started with the scalpel, for which, I am grateful. I still had my original bottle of Oxycodone at that time. 

Now I am on my 3rd bottle of Oxycodone, supplied by the foot doc. I have tried to keep my use of the med low, and actually went for six days without taking a single pill. One of my toes healed completely (no toe nail, and kind of blunt on the end). The remaining toe started healing up, better and better every week, and me and the doc thought I may escape any surgery. Then, the hole in the end of my toe quit getting smaller, and I have an exposed bone. The partial amputation of the toe is scheduled for Tuesday morning. The toe has hurt worse since my office visit last Monday.

I have been taking two pills a day  (5-325's), and I am awake right now because I put off taking the second pill. 😅

It is not lost on me that I am lucky to be in the shape I am in, and realize many, many people would gladly trade places with me. I will be fine. 

Hang in there. Those Oxy kicked my ass when I took more than 1 in a day and even then I had a really bad hangover. The pain must be real bad.

You will get through this!

• Like 1

Was addicted taking over 20 per day.  Please be careful.  The addiction is real and can get you when you you least realize.  Wishing you the best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Was addicted taking over 20 per day.  Please be careful.  The addiction is real and can get you when you you least realize.  Wishing you the best.

Holy crap. That's Brett Favre territory. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Holy crap. That's Brett Favre territory. 

I am one of the luck people who pain pills made me feel very good.  Many people get sick.  I felt tremendous.

• Like 1

They make me puke..so I couldnt take them when I had kidney stones.  sounds like your in a good headspace...2 pills a day is not abnormal..I think your ok...it is scary territory..buy doesnt sound at all like your abusing at all.  It is still the most effective pain killer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

They make me puke..so I couldnt take them when I had kidney stones.  sounds like your in a good headspace...2 pills a day is not abnormal..I think your ok...it is scary territory..buy doesnt sound at all like your abusing at all.  It is still the most effective pain killer.

Thank you, man. With me, I found out that stopping them cold turkey seems like a walk in the park, the first night. I guess it is because I still have the drug in my system. Night number two I get more restless, and don't sleep as well. Night three is the worst, but it get easier after that. 

Man you take care.  Hope this is the last of it.

• Like 1

A partial amputation, damn. Is it your big toe? Thats rough to hear. You are definitely lucky to be in the position you are, but still losing appendages has to be the suck.

I am personally lucky on the drug front. I don't like them. A pain pill once in a while, like once a year, is fine if I have pain. I can't stand how lethargic most drugs make me feel. I have never tried any hard core stimulants becasue those I would probably like too much.

It sounds like you are being mindful of your intake. Hopefully you can pull through without having to work to get off the pills.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

A partial amputation, damn. Is it your big toe?

Let's just say he ain't ever going to the market again.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Actually, it is "this little piggy stayed home".  😁

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Good luck.  You do realize we're gonna call you Stumpy now, right?

My cousin texted asking if I was going to still be able to count to 20. I responded: 19 & a 1/2, wise guy.  😁

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. :bandana:

• Thanks 1

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I couldn't sh!t for 3 days after my hernia surgery. Only took like 6 percs over 2 days. I can't imagine how bad it would've been if I took them for more than 2 days. Good luck sh!tting and walking in circles now. :P

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I couldn't sh!t for 3 days after my hernia surgery. Only took like 6 percs over 2 days. I can't imagine how bad it would've been if I took them for more than 2 days. Good luck sh!tting and walking in circles now. :P

...and walking in circles now.      :lol:

Can I have the part of the toe they cut off? I'm making a necklace. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Can I have the part of the toe they cut off? I'm making a necklace. 

Oh shiot man, I wish I had seen this before the amputation! 

Oxycodone is good sh1t. Had it for when I tore my patella tendon rucking and when I got my wisdom teeth out. Hydrocodone always made me feel sick and gave me a bad hangover the next day 

• Like 1

"This little piggy stayed home" got shortened past the first joint.  It was an out-patient thing, and they sent me home soon after the operation. Low pain level until the afternoon. 

This is only the day after, and the pain is less than it was before the operation. 

8 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

"This little piggy stayed home" got shortened past the first joint.  It was an out-patient thing, and they sent me home soon after the operation. Low pain level until the afternoon. 

This is only the day after, and the pain is less than it was before the operation. 

👍 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Oh shiot man, I wish I had seen this before the amputation! 

Well if you have to lop off any more appendages I’ve got dibs. 

9 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Well if you have to lop off any more appendages I’ve got dibs. 

Word. If there is infection, there may be a foot in it for you.    :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Updatetored: Three weeks after the amputation, I had an office visit, and I knew the doc was going to remove the stitches. I took my last two Oxys to alleviate the pain. He decided to wait one more week. Lol. I had a happy afternoon, but wasted the last of my pills. I decided I wanted to quit taking them on my own terms; so I did not request a refill. 

The withdrawal went exactly how I anticipated. The first day, I have the Oxy in my system, and it is a breeze. Day two involved sleeplessness and a little squirming. Day three is a beast, but it gets easier after that. I took Tylenol XL a few days afterwards. Now I take nothing for pain. I am glad the Oxy was there when I needed it, and I am glad to be done with it now. 

• Like 1

Salesman:  Great shoes.  What size can I get you?

BPB:  Ten and a half and a nine, please...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

Updatetored: Three weeks after the amputation, I had an office visit, and I knew the doc was going to remove the stitches. I took my last two Oxys to alleviate the pain. He decided to wait one more week. Lol. I had a happy afternoon, but wasted the last of my pills. I decided I wanted to quit taking them on my own terms; so I did not request a refill. 

The withdrawal went exactly how I anticipated. The first day, I have the Oxy in my system, and it is a breeze. Day two involved sleeplessness and a little squirming. Day three is a beast, but it gets easier after that. I took Tylenol XL a few days afterwards. Now I take nothing for pain. I am glad the Oxy was there when I needed it, and I am glad to be done with it now. 

Glad you have the monkey off your back. 

What day is this?

On 6/8/2020 at 6:36 AM, Alias Detective said:

I am one of the luck people who pain pills made me feel very good.  Many people get sick.  I felt tremendous.

Definitely. When I had my knee I had some and I totally get why people get hooked...they were amazing. 

On 6/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, fandandy said:

Unless it's one of those open air Chinese markets that sell dogs to eat and such. I'm sure there's some guy that needs a toe for his stew.

Day 2 was the hardest for me. After that I was fine. I can see why people get addicted to them. Definitely gives you a euphoric feeling. The constipation does suck. 

Jesus dude, hadn’t seen this thread. Sorry you’re going through this and I hope it all works out for you :cheers:

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Two pills for stitch removal?  :unsure:

Anyway, glad you are off of them.  :thumbsup:

MDC used heroin for the pain. A different kind of pain though. 

Last September I broke my hip Tua style.  They gave me a hack doctor, so I held off going into surgery trying to transfer hospitals.  They finally gave me someone good after giving me the run around on the transfer.  Broke it and dislocated on Sunday and had surgery on Thursday.  They did an MRI on it or something when I went to the emergency room and they said the report said I had a lot of stool.  I believe them cause I had to shìt all morning the day I got hurt.  Ended up not taking a dump until the following Saturday thanks to the morphine and Norco.

BiPolarBear, did/do you have diabetes?