Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Kaepernick is back!

In Madden

Colin Kaepernick is back in the game — on the virtual gridiron. For the first time since the 2016 season, when the former San Francisco 49ers signal-caller began kneeling during the national anthem in protest of racial inequality and police brutality in the United States, Kaepernick will return to the Madden NFL video game on Tuesday, EA Sports announced.

Kaepernick, who remains unsigned by an NFL team, makes his virtual NFL comeback as the top free-agent quarterback in Madden 21, with an 81 overall rating. His rating places him among the elite quarterbacks on Madden 21 and in the top 15 of the video game’s 111 total quarterbacks.

EA Sports released the following statement on Tuesday:

“Colin Kaepernick is one of the top free agents in football and a starting-caliber quarterback. The team at EA SPORTS, along with millions of Madden NFL fans, want to see him back in our game. …

“Knowing that our EA SPORTS experiences are platforms for players to create, we want to make Madden NFL a place that reflects Colin’s position and talent, rates him as a starting QB, and empowers our fans to express their hopes for the future of football. We’ve worked with Colin to make this possible, and we’re excited to bring it to all of you today.”

Why didn’t the bring back Ray Caruth and OJ too. What, they weren’t  victims of institutional racism? 

• Like 1

When the NBA fires Adam Silver, they can make Kaepernick the new commissioner.

Why wouldn't a guy just nominated for the Pro Footbsll Hall of Fame not be a top 15 QB?  

The game sucks like a bad movie-rehash. They already made their coin and do not give a phuck. Lots of content online on how the video game has been in Hades for while. They just don't care. No improvements, graphic or content upgrades. All that stopped. Just a POS game and they are looking for another developer. 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

When the NBA fires Adam Silver, they can make Kaepernick the new commissioner.

Honestly I don't keep up.  Why would Adam Silver get fired?

13 minutes ago, TylerRoseFan said:

Honestly, I don't know of any rumors that he will go and so I am only projecting. My train of thought follows that as its his primary job in managing the league to make the owners money while keeping the image clean, I don't know that he has done anything other than fail spectacularly.

31 minutes ago, TylerRoseFan said:

He's woking the NBA into only China cash matters. 

52 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Woke

The only reason, obviously. 
So sad

My video game of choice has been COD since forever (well, for quite a bit, anyhoo)

A few months ago the put in a BLM thingie when the game was loading 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/5/21281327/call-of-duty-black-lives-matter-update-modern-warfare

Yea...Whatever, I get it, I guess...Luckily nothing since

2 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

My video game of choice has been COD since forever (well, for quite a bit, anyhoo)

You still Suxbnu ? I’m still Shotsup and haven’t seen you online for a while - granted I only play a couple days a week

Just now, Mike Isles said:

You still Suxbnu ? I’m still Shotsup and haven’t seen you online for a while - granted I only play a couple days a week

I play every single day. 
Lemme turn the stoopid thing on and see what my handle is now...

Ahh... I don't have you listed.  
Send my a frined request... Handle is Suxbnu_1 (that's an underscore between the u and the 1) 

Had to buy a new controller the other day. Those things last about 3-4 months for me

19 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I play every single day. 
Lemme turn the stoopid thing on and see what my handle is now...

Ahh... I don't have you listed.  
Send my a frined request... Handle is Suxbnu_1 (that's an underscore between the u and the 1) 

Had to buy a new controller the other day. Those things last about 3-4 months for me

Will do. Probably not until Hockey is over. That is my passion. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Why? Stupid.

Watch, they will make him unstoppable in the game. 

... When he plays the Packers

When you’re a woke game designer at EASports, it’s natural for you to want to go God Mode with your hero, Colin Kaepernick. Destroy the NFL.

I understand the urge.

When I was ten years old, the knight rescuing the princess, the unhittable baseball pitcher, the starship captain, the guy doing all the jumping/climbing / shooting with the hacked maxed out stats always had my name. Yay me! 

Can’t be putting Kaepernick in this game and give him worse stats than Blaine Gabbert. If you want him at all, you want him to win and some non-binary beta tranny knob-gobbling programmer at EASports has your back.

"Colin Kaepernick is one of the top free agents in football and a starting-caliber quarterback."

This was not true when he opted out of his contract. Starting caliber free agents don't get beat out by blaine gabbart. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why didn’t the bring back Ray Caruth and OJ too. What, they weren’t  victims of institutional racism? 

Can't you already play with OJ on one of the classic teams?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Can't you already play with OJ on one of the classic teams?

I don’t know. But if there’s a carve out for Kaepernick, why wouldn’t there be for every guy who was ever prosecuted by the racist criminal justice system? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know. But if there’s a carve out for Kaepernick, why wouldn’t there be for every guy who was ever prosecuted by the racist criminal justice system? 

It at least makes a little sense for Kaepernick since he is technically a free agent and available to play if a team wants to sign him.  If any of the other players you are talking about are free agents that are trying to make a team then they should be in the game as well if they want.