Sign in to follow this  
edjr

My kid's school has Monday October 12th off for...... wait for it...

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Call it Columbus Day every chance you get. 

I wish Tony Soprano were still alive. Rolling over in his grave

I'm 1/7 Cherokean chowctaw and I don't hate Christopher Columbus. 

My kids school system has been calling it that for at least the past three years...  Might have been longer...

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Call it Columbus Day every chance you get. 

Agreed...

It is like how I say Redskins as much as possible when need be...

Indigenous Peoples day never sat well with me. If you really think about it, its excludes people who migrated to the country post Christ. It's anti-immigration. The Native Americans were the first to live here. But everyone came from the same place and just migrated to all parts of the world.  

• Like 1

Can we call it Liz Warren day?

There shouldn't be a "Columbus Day" anyway... he didn't do anything new.  To replace a stupid holiday with a stupid new name... is just, well, stupid.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There shouldn't be a "Columbus Day" anyway... he didn't do anything new.  To replace a stupid holiday with a stupid new name... is just, well, stupid.

I vote to make it a normal day of school and work everywhere.  Get rid of Columbus Day.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I vote to make it a normal day of school and work everywhere.  Get rid of Columbus Day.

No arguments from me.  Columbus shouldn't be celebrated.  I don't think there's a need to trash him either, but to glorify or exaggerate what he "accomplished", is excessive.  I mean, it was FDR who made it a federal holiday.  That should be all you need to know that it was stupid.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No. We should have every other Monday off.

Just now, edjr said:

No. We should have every other Monday off.

I'm good that that too.  Just no need for holidays like Columbus Day.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Just another BS reason for teachers to get the day off. Go to work like the rest of us!!!!

I can't wait till next year when I get juneteenth off. 🙄

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Just another BS reason for teachers to get the day off. Go to work like the rest of us!!!!

My kids will be at school.  Not every school gives that day off.

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You’re the worst Italian-American I ever met. You try sailing off into the unknown and back again with 15th century ships. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My kids will be at school.  Not every school gives that day off.

Well, you don't live in a state with a Plymouth rock, now do you?  I can smell the jealousy. :lol:

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well, you don't live in a state with a Plymouth rock, now do you?  I can smell the jealousy. :lol:

I have little desire to move to the NE.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You’re the worst Italian-American I ever met. You try sailing off into the unknown and back again with 15th century ships. 

Yep. Leave the freaking day alone. Also there is no such thing as indigenous people to the US. Every group migrated here. Yes. Even the indians.

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'll turn my pasta card in to the nearest North Italy club.  LOL.  Remember, while he was Italian, the Italian's told him to go pound sand.  He got his money from the Spaniards.

9 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

An Indian outlaw!  Was your baby a Chippewa?

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

An Indian outlaw!  Was your baby a Chippewa?

I bet she's one of a kind.

10 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

I didn't know you were Tim Mcgraw. Is your baby a chipewa?

Its not about the indigenous people.  Its a cash grab via guilt.  You see a class of people with a lot of wealth, so you spend 100 years trying to craft a million ways for them to feel guilty so they surrender their wealth to you.  Once they steal all the money, you can bet they will not give a crap anymore.

Look at Haiti.  Haiti was once the wealthiest area of the New World.  Greedy shiits ran a slew of guilt trips on the people living there to steal the money.  Then they eventually spurred a revolt, burned shiit down, slaughtered the productive people, and turned it into a hellhole.  Now, not a single damn person who pretended to care gives one second of thought about Haiti.  Because they already stole the money.  Now they've moved on to the US.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

Its not about the indigenous people.  Its a cash grab via guilt.  You see a class of people with a lot of wealth, so you spend 100 years trying to craft a million ways for them to feel guilty so they surrender their wealth to you.  Once they steal all the money, you can bet they will not give a crap anymore.

Look at Haiti.  Haiti was once the wealthiest area of the New World.  Greedy shiits ran a slew of guilt trips on the people living there to steal the money.  Then they eventually spurred a revolt, burned shiit down, slaughtered the productive people, and turned it into a hellhole.  Now, not a single damn person who pretended to care gives one second of thought about Haiti.  Because they already stole the money.  Now they've moved on to the US.

Premise is wrong. No such thing as indigenous people in the US.  Plus, not only were the indians nomadic when they got here, meaning no territory and laws for that territory, they were savages. And they treated their own as savages.

This is what should be taught in schools. Everyone early in this country's occupation was fighting to keep from being dead by others trying to kill them. Indians and white people. Later Chinese and black people. Later the Irish, later others, etc. etc. etc. 

Get over it and fit in with this country and you'll do fine. Stop trying to turn it into a violent ghetto before it is acceptable for you. 

It seems only a large subset of the black people here can't accept trying to fit in with American society and stop trying to change it to fit their violent and destructive nature. Now the political left has joined their cause only for a short bit until they can regain power and continue to control the poor and uneducated.

3 hours ago, riversco said:

Your Haiti analogy is not very accurate. It was wealthy, yes... Because it was home to some of the most brutal slavery ever practiced on this earth.

24 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Your Haiti analogy is not very accurate. It was wealthy, yes... Because it was home to some of the most brutal slavery ever practiced on this earth.

If it was not wealthy, no one would have cared.  If Haiti didn't ever have a single slave, they would have found some other reason to run guilt trips.  Its about the money.

Since the indigenous people came from Siberia they should just rename it Russian Nomad Day, if we want to truly acknowledge who "discovered" America.

8 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

And 6/7 retard 

One of these days I might become a POS drunk like you. 

13 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

👍

16 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

you don't have it off?

But Christopher Columbus never even touched his foot on or in any part of the United States or North America.

He clearly didn’t discover where he landed his ships as the land  was inhabited. If you fly to Paris you didn’t discover Paris just because it’s your first time there. 

Furthermore, even if you ignore the people (natives) who were already here, the Vikings beat everyone else (other Europeans).

5 hours ago, peenie said:

Furthermore, even if you ignore the people (natives) who were already here, the Vikings beat everyone else (other Europeans).

There were never natives to this country. No one originated here. All migrated.