Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill Burr to host SNL this week. Will it make a difference?

Same shite cast as last year. Even Chris Rock couldn't help last week

I know this is cliche and upsets wiffle but, honest to the Lord above... I'd have no idea that SNL was still on the air if it wasn't for this site. I haven't watched in at least 15 years, probably closer to 20.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Well, after january, it'll be Biden they make fun of and you sissy-girls can start enjoying it again

Will they make fun of how Biden was elected but had to recuse himself for the mental decline that any functioning human brain can observe?  That should be hysterical.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Will they make fun of how Biden was elected but had to recuse himself for the mental decline that any functioning human brain can observe?  That should be hysterical.  :thumbsup: 

It's Jim Carey playing him so I'm sure it'll be funny.   Maybe they can do an episode where he talks about nuking a hurricane or raking 30 million acres of forest. That'll be hilarious!  

• Haha 1

It was funnier when they made fun of Obama.  

I'm old enough to remember when Chevy Chase would play Gerald Ford and have him tripping and falling all over the place.  Before snowflakes were so sensitive that you could make fun of their messiahs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It's Jim Carey playing him so I'm sure it'll be funny.   Maybe they can do an episode where he talks about nuking a hurricane or raking 30 million acres of forest. That'll be hilarious!  

It’s amazing how you still don’t get the raking thing.  You do you.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It’s amazing how you still don’t get the raking thing.  You do you.  :thumbsup:

On the bright side, 40% of the country is stupid enough to believe his nonsense. Or at least try to make excuses why he doesn't sound so moronic. So you're in a minority but it's not a humongous minority.  You be you. 

Trump has destroyed SNL. They can't keep up with him. By the time they write a script he's already body slammed Democrats. Whatever they are writing this week is already old news.

20 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Trump has destroyed SNL. They can't keep up with him. By the time they write a script he's already body slammed Democrats. Whatever they are writing this week is already old news.

Trump saved snl. He was a walking punchline. He gave them more good material than any president in history. They are going to miss him dearly.

SNL ratings have been in a steady decline for over a decade. Many of the former cast members discuss openly why the show sucks now. SNL is not saved. Just an old relic show in decline the network refuses to let die. They media makes fun of Trump for not wearing a mask but watch, they won't say a word about the cast not wearing them. Not a single word.

There are a handful of funny skits every year. Better to just watch them online than to wade through all the crap skits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to SNL in 1997/98. Garth Brooks was the host. Colin Quinn did weekend update and they made fun of Clinton in the opening skit.  It was really good and cool to watch. Shame what it has become. 

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

I'm old enough to remember when Chevy Chase would play Gerald Ford and have him tripping and falling all over the place.  Before snowflakes were so sensitive that you could make fun of their messiahs

You sure are sensitive people don't like your silly program.

The cast isn’t funny. They had to bring in outsiders to do Trump and Biden and it was terrible. The writing is terrible. Presidential election time is the easiest stuff to parody and they still failed. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I went to SNL in 1997/98. Garth Brooks was the host. Colin Quinn did weekend update and they made fun of Clinton in the opening skit.  It was really good and cool to watch. Shame what it has become. 

last week, 1st episode of the season, 100% of weekend update was Trump. Sad

18 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

The cast isn’t funny. They had to bring in outsiders to do Trump and Biden and it was terrible. The writing is terrible. Presidential election time is the easiest stuff to parody and they still failed. 

Perfectly put.  Baldwin's Trump was good for a week. Jim Carey's Biden was good, but too similar to Pet Detective and everything else he ever did,

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

last week, 1st episode of the season, 100% of weekend update was Trump. Sad

Sad!

Just now, wiffleball said:

Don't the libs hate BB? 

Love him. 

Yes. that's why I am wondering if he can even help SNL. Doubt it

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Reality said:

I know this is cliche and upsets wiffle but, honest to the Lord above... I'd have no idea that SNL was still on the air if it wasn't for this site. I haven't watched in at least 15 years, probably closer to 20.

Why would that upset me? I can't remember the last time I watched full episode of that show. That's enormous unfunny black womsn is enough to drive me away. F***, she can't even read a cue card. Plus,  damn little funny there.

Weekend Update is still pretty good though.

14 hours ago, The Observer said:

When was Ford anyone's messiah? 

57 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

That's enormous unfunny black womsn is enough to drive me away. 

She gone.  She is hosting a game show now. Starts in 10 days!!!

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

She gone.  She is hosting a game show now. Starts in 10 days!!!

Is it about looting? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it about looting? 

:o   :lol: 

The liberal echo chamber did not like what they saw. NO NEW IDEAS. Only lockstep. 

'I had to change the channel': 'SNL' host Bill Burr divides fans after controversial opening monologue-USA Today

Jim Carrey got Fly and Bill Burr got cancelled on a buzzy new 'SNL': 'How did you manage to be sexist, racist, and homophobic in under 5 minutes?' -Yahoo

Bill Burr’s ‘Homophobic’ ‘SNL’ Rant About Pride Month Bombs: ‘Worst Monologue’ in Years-Daily beast. 

Was stuck in the ER last night (feeding tube got clogged) and caught about 1/2 of it.  It was brutally unfunny.  Burr’s monologue was phobophobic as stated; it wasn’t particularly funny either, and combined with a snowflake audience it bombed.  The VP debate showed a lying evading Pence vs. a sassy hipster Harris (note:  Carrey plays a good Biden, and that Cain part was dreadful).  The gangster scene had potential if they had pushed the envelope to slipper slope activities, but nope, ... Messican... umm, you can’t say that ... queer... you can’t say that either...  then the only tough person in the gang is a black woman, which in that crew of beta libs is probably accurate but not funny.

Top it off with the unlistenable shrieking “music” of Jack White and I was glad when they started tying the new tube to my inner news; the pain was blissfully distracting.  :thumbsup:  

I turned off auto DVR last season and forgot to record it :(

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

Twitter is all butt hurt today and trying to get Bill Burr canceled today. 🙄

The left is total fascism at this point.  Book burning x one million.  Hitler would be incredibly proud of what the democrats have become.

44 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

BBs Style just doesn't work in today's environment.

Sure it does.  Burr hit it out of the park, as usual.

Works 100% of the time, EVERY time.  The truth always works.  :thumbsup: