edjr

DESANTIS 2024!!! Ron DeSantis :wub:

On 10/21/2022 at 8:02 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Florida schools ordered to have bathrooms separated by biological sex. It’s a shame that this is necessary, but it’s the culture war that the left has brought upon us. And now they will complain about the war they began. I also love how the proponents of this garbage keep saying this is about the LGBTQ community. What does being gay or lesbian have to do with this ? Are they all the same now? It’s only about Trans. But they have to hide behind the crowd. Just like they do with black people and other minorities. 

Swords will be drawn to prove 2+2=4

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Trump started with the name calling again, Ron DeSanctimonious.

What a focking immature ass hole :lol:

I think it is hilarious. going to be a fun 2 years thanks to Trumpkin. 

Maybe Florida should stop running closeted gay democrats. Everyone knows. Own it. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, Shooter McGavin said:

Two days before an election. He's all about himself. Not the country. Not the party. Wish Repubs would turn their back on him but he's their cult leader so they wont.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

Two days before an election. He's all about himself. Not the country. Not the party. Wish Repubs would turn their back on him but he's their cult leader so they wont.

Agreed, Trump had his shot.

You should really take a look at yourself. You may not be throwing around those insults once you realize what you are.

Trump needs the lane all to himself. He’s going to have a tough time getting the nomination in purple/ blue states. NY republicans and other north east republicans will most likely go for Desantis when the time comes.  The south won’t be enough for Trump.  And he won’t get Florida this time. Rubio isn’t Desantis.  He knows this so he wants to squash it now. It’s also why he will announce next week and get out in front. He knows Desantis has to wait after just winning his race. 

25 minutes ago, Reality said:

Political stud. Bring on 2024.

Yeah, this was so easy because he made all the right moves, which were completely opposite of Democrat doctrine, so of course he looks golden

That’s a big step down from Lyin Ted Cruz, Little Marco and Low Energy Jeb.

Sad! 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

DeSantis should be the GOP guy in 2024. The electorate could not be clearer. 

Yup. For all the right reasons as well, he's actually awesome at his job. 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I wish trump would go away. 

Yeah, I think he should take a step back. Desantis is "the guy".  He has the right policies just like Trumo, but he has a better political savvy....I think he would make a great President, so long as he holds fast to the Trump-era policies. 

Just now, RLLD said:

Yeah, I think he should take a step back. Desantis is "the guy".  He has the right policies just like Trumo, but he has a better political savvy....I think he would make a great President, so long as he holds fast to the Trump-era policies. 

Trump gets too many people to anti vote 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

As long as he doesn't bend a knee to RINOs

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

As long as he doesn't bend a knee to RINOs

Everyone should have a voice.  JMHO

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The sentiment is growing.  Hopefully the right embraces this now and we can move on.

HE can go away, but his policies need to stay.... I think Desantis can do this. 

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup. For all the right reasons as well, he's actually awesome at his job. 

I also get the sense from him that his ideas are not so much about "owning libs" as much as it is what he truly believes. Also, think the fact that he is a little more nuanced on stuff like climate control and that helps him in a general election. 

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Trump isn't that type of guy though. Just yesterday he was saying in an interview

“You’ve endorsed more than 330 candidates this election cycle,” Martin noted. “Tonight, win or lose, the results for Republicans – how much of that will be because of Donald Trump?”

“Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit – and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all,” Trump answered. “But it’ll probably be just the opposite. When they win – I think they’re gonna do very well – I’ll probably be given very little credit even though in many cases I told people to run. And they ran and they turned out to be very good candidates.”

People on the GOP side need to understand what so many have been saying for a long time now- Donald Trump only cares about Donald Trump. No one else. He isn't interested in the Republican party unless he is at the forefront of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, RLLD said:

Everyone should have a voice.  JMHO

Nah, take care of the people that voted for you and forget everyone else. Trump started to care too much what centrists thought and it contributed to why he lost.

18 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Trump gets too many people to anti vote 

^This

Many on the right get pissed about this because a lot of it was unfair and dishonest to Trump (pee tapes, Russian collusion, kids in cages, impeachments, Russians putting bounties on our soldiers, etc., etc., etc.,).   But whether Trump got screwed or not and now a lot of people believe the cr@p they threw at him - it is what it is.    We can beat our heads against a wall and try to "fix" that by running Trump again or we can just acknowledge that it's a reality and it's always going to be a problem for him and maybe we should just go in a different direction and not fight that Trump battle anymore.    I hate surrendering to the libs on something like this, but you gotta fight the battles you can actually win.    

My flawed, informal research tells me that most geeks on the right preferred Desantis to Trump before last night. Everyone I know does as well. Now if we can just get the yahoos to stop going to his stupid Fockin rallies he will step away and use his influence for good. There was a time for him. That time has passed. Besides, like I said before these results, he’s not going to win purple/ blue states in the primary if there is a viable alternative. Desantis has the north east, west coast and Florida. All he has to be is on the ballot to get them. You can’t run against Jeb! And Hillary forever. 

7 minutes ago, Masshole said:

^This

Many on the right get pissed about this because a lot of it was unfair and dishonest to Trump (pee tapes, Russian collusion, kids in cages, impeachments, Russians putting bounties on our soldiers, etc., etc., etc.,).   But whether Trump got screwed or not and now a lot of people believe the cr@p they threw at him - it is what it is.    We can beat our heads against a wall and try to "fix" that by running Trump again or we can just acknowledge that it's a reality and it's always going to be a problem for him and maybe we should just go in a different direction and not fight that Trump battle anymore.    I hate surrendering to the libs on something like this, but you gotta fight the battles you can actually win.    

I disagree on this. I don't think it is that people believe those things. I think people laugh about some of them (pee tapes) or just roll their eyes at some of them (kids in cages) but it is noise to a lot of people.

For independents and fringe Republicans it is very much: Trump was always campaigning. He never really tried to run or highlight his strengths as a leader. When he did it was always "This was the greatest thing ever," "Best results ever"....people hate others who talk like that. Then it was "I didn't lose, election was stolen," and he went on and on and on about it. Even still he was on about it. Inflation is through the roof, gas prices are up, people point to crime....and all Trump could talk about was "Look at my poll numbers" or he threw his support behind guys like Dr. Oz. Never any discussion of how these people can solve things- just talk. Trump is a one trick pony at this stuff and his one trick has long become old and tired. 

The GOP has to see this and flip their support behind someone else. It would be insane to look at Trump- who was the first guy since Hoover to lose the House, Senate, and White House in the same term- lost the Senate race in 2020 for Republicans, and blunted the Republicans taking a dominant win in 2022 and think "He is winning it back in 2024."

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My flawed, informal research tells me that most geeks on the right preferred Desantis to Trump before last night. Everyone I know does as well. Now if we can just get the yahoos to stop going to his stupid Fockin rallies he will step away and use his influence for good. There was a time for him. That time has passed. Besides, like I said before these results, he’s not going to win purple/ blue states in the primary if there is a viable alternative. Desantis has the north east, west coast and Florida. All he has to be is on the ballot to get them. You can’t run against Jeb! And Hillary forever. 

I've told you all here many times- Donald Trump only cares about Donald Trump. You got the best of him in 2016...and you've got the worst of him in every election since. He is a cult of personality and will still draw crowds because he "tells it like it is." This is a monster the GOP created. They need to put him down now. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That's a huge problem the right has.  There are too many wackos that think Trump is some kind of savior.  It's almost disturbing.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's a huge problem the right has.  There are too many wackos that think Trump is some kind of savior.  It's almost disturbing.

Yeah, and there are several on this board, but I'm already started to see some of them give up this morning.

Trump has a massive political war chest, reports are $100 million. That's going to be a problem and he didn't use much of it this cycle to help out.

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Trump has a massive political war chest, reports are $100 million. That's going to be a problem and he didn't use much of it this cycle to help out.

He was essentially just creating money for himself. He will support some candidates but he was just trying to support himself. 

48 minutes ago, Reality said:

Spent 15 pct of it. Soros spent 130 million. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'd rather vote for DeSantis than Trump.

How about Desantis vs a generic democrat? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about Desantis vs a generic democrat? 

I would vote DeSantis unless there was a Democratic candidate that impressed me more.  Right now it's DeSantis for me.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I disagree on this. I don't think it is that people believe those things. I think people laugh about some of them (pee tapes) or just roll their eyes at some of them (kids in cages) but it is noise to a lot of people.

For independents and fringe Republicans it is very much: Trump was always campaigning. He never really tried to run or highlight his strengths as a leader. When he did it was always "This was the greatest thing ever," "Best results ever"....people hate others who talk like that. Then it was "I didn't lose, election was stolen," and he went on and on and on about it. Even still he was on about it. Inflation is through the roof, gas prices are up, people point to crime....and all Trump could talk about was "Look at my poll numbers" or he threw his support behind guys like Dr. Oz. Never any discussion of how these people can solve things- just talk. Trump is a one trick pony at this stuff and his one trick has long become old and tired. 

The GOP has to see this and flip their support behind someone else. It would be insane to look at Trump- who was the first guy since Hoover to lose the House, Senate, and White House in the same term- lost the Senate race in 2020 for Republicans, and blunted the Republicans taking a dominant win in 2022 and think "He is winning it back in 2024."

You are missing the point of my post.   I think that many on the right are holding onto Trump because they know he got screwed.  It's hard for a right leaning person to reward the libs with exactly what they wanted - destroying his presidency and candidacy for a 2nd term through misinformation and media bias.     My point was even if this is true - they gotta let it go.   He's a drag on the party and its candidates, even if a lot of that is because of all of the misinformation about him and his administration that was spewed by the left.    The right needs to be ruthlessly effective - even if that means no longer trying to fight the battle over the epic screw-job that was done to Trump and his admin.    If Trump is the collateral damage necessary to win the war, so be it.   Can't be sentimental or too tied to anyone.    Need to keep your eyes on the prize.  

None of this is to say that Trump is a perfect candidate or person absent the cr@pfest the left threw at him.  He had plenty of unforced errors all on his own.  My post wasn't about the "independents and fringe repubs", it was about the hard R's and letting this fight go.    

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would vote DeSantis unless there was a Democratic candidate that impressed me more.  Right now it's DeSantis for me.

C'mon dude. Get on the Bernie Sanders bandwagon with me for 2024. He's the right now at the right time for this country. 

I think his victory in FLorida will result in the Dems and their media puppets going crazy to attack him him now. 

He is potentially the most significant threat to their power, and Democrats crave power and attack anything that might impede that power. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

DeSantis > Disney. In a blowout. 

I had almost forgotten about all the people saying RDS committed political suicide by taking on Disney.    I guess it didn't quite work out that way. . .