Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

12 hours ago, dogcows said:

You’ve ignored the argument about compensation for injustice. A white lady can get $1 million for spilling McD’s coffee on herself, but black people never got anything to compensate for slavery 1776-1860s and Jim Crow up to the 1960s.

If someone's grandchildren are getting paid because their grandparent spilled coffee on themselves, then we should probably fix that.  

• Haha 3

Tim Pool reads some woke leftist indoctrination books being assigned to kids.

George Floyd’s family got 27 million dollars. That’s way more outrageous than the coffee settlement.  Does anyone think they wouid give back that 27 million to have him back? His family lived in Houston. I wonder when was the last time they even saw him? Did they try and help him while he was shooting up drugs and terrorizing people? 

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Tim Pool reads some woke leftist indoctrination books being assigned to kids.

But it's just teaching hIzTEry!!!  Racisssss!!!

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

George Floyd’s family got 27 million dollars. That’s way more outrageous than the coffee settlement.  Does anyone think they wouid give back that 27 million to have him back? His family lived in Houston. I wonder when was the last time they even saw him? Did they try and help him while he was shooting up drugs and terrorizing people? 

I doubt he could have stolen that much stuff or sold that much drugs in his life.....certainly wasn't based on earning potential.  I think the European powers tried this with Germany back in the day-  maybe if we give stuff the bad people wont hurt us....Romans tried it too....never works.

Sorry, but anti-racism and CRT are the right-wing bogeymen. They are talked about WAY more by conservatives than liberals. I talked to some friends and they had to look it up to see what exactly the brouhaha is. Their responses were similar to my take: why is being anti-racist a bad thing? Again, if you think it is part of a vast conspiracy, you’re just buying into the hype.

Meanwhile, Prager stepped in it, basically admitting racism is one of the “very values the country was founded on.” Oooooops, somebody said the quiet part out loud again!

They attempted to clean up their mess with another tweet, but when asked to provide anything specific about the evils of anti-racism, only the sound of 🦗s.... and a rapid change of topics to communism in their twitter feed.

Liberals aghast at “vague gesturing”. Too funny. Same ones who can’t tell you what systemic racism is in 2021. They’ll tell you about redlining and Jim Crow, as if they are the only ones aware, but can’t point to anything today besides asking voters to show an ID. 

Hey, can we pretend that critical race theory is causing racism? I mean, there is no proof that our system does anything but reward hard work.....

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals aghast at “vague gesturing”. Too funny. Same ones who can’t tell you what systemic racism is in 2021. They’ll tell you about redlining and Jim Crow, as if they are the only ones aware, but can’t point to anything today besides asking voters to show an ID. 

Preach.  According to LeBron black people are afraid to leave their homes because they're being hunted.  Meanwhile 9 unarmed black people are shot by cops per year, and they all aren't cooperating with police while doing it.

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Hey, can we pretend that critical race theory is causing racism? I mean, there is no proof that our system does anything but reward hard work.....

:nono: The concepts of hard work, along with showing up on time and knowing how to do math are clearly examples of white supremacy.  Your white hood is showing Mr. Klansman. :mad:

17 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Sorry, but anti-racism and CRT are the right-wing bogeymen. They are talked about WAY more by conservatives than liberals. I talked to some friends and they had to look it up to see what exactly the brouhaha is. Their responses were similar to my take: why is being anti-racist a bad thing? Again, if you think it is part of a vast conspiracy, you’re just buying into the hype.

Meanwhile, Prager stepped in it, basically admitting racism is one of the “very values the country was founded on.” Oooooops, somebody said the quiet part out loud again!

They attempted to clean up their mess with another tweet, but when asked to provide anything specific about the evils of anti-racism, only the sound of 🦗s.... and a rapid change of topics to communism in their twitter feed.

Where's the right wing talking about anti-racism before 2020?  The left has for much longer.  The reason the right is talking about it so much is that, post 2020 election, the left has their foot on the pedal to enact every piece of their plan.

You and your friends are the perfect sheep targets for the left...Oh, anti-racism?  Sounds great, where do I sign up? It's just like BLM...the left has coined another term, that on its face, sounds like something everyone can get behind.  You have to dig into it to expose its nefarious teachings.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Where's the right wing talking about anti-racism before 2020?  The left has for much longer.  The reason the right is talking about it so much is that, post 2020 election, the left has their foot on the pedal to enact every piece of their plan.

You and your friends are the perfect sheep targets for the left...Oh, anti-racism?  Sounds great, where do I sign up? It's just like BLM...the left has coined another term, that on its face, sounds like something everyone can get behind.  You have to dig into it to expose its nefarious teachings.

Same clowns that fell for “ mostly peaceful”.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No....the reason objections are arising is because the cause has been perverted, and is not itself a racist dogma instead of a civil rights pursuit.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

You have to dig into it to expose its nefarious teachings.

Supposedly.. and yet I still await the exposé that’s certainly coming the day after tomorrow… I’m guessing it ends with all whites as slaves and black people owning them, right?

15 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Supposedly.. and yet I still await the exposé that’s certainly coming the day after tomorrow… I’m guessing it ends with all whites as slaves and black people owning them, right?

No, but it starts with all white people are responsible for slavery and it’s after affects. 

24 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You may find nothing wrong with it.  I do.  Do you agree with the following excerpts??

In the absence of making antiracist choices, we (un)consciously uphold aspects of white supremacy, white-dominant culture, and unequal institutions and society. 

For white people, being antiracist evolves with their racial identity development. They must acknowledge and understand their privilege, work to change their internalized racism, and interrupt racism when they see it.

Antiracist education, while considering class, race, and gender inequity, places race at the center of its analysis. Focusing on race exposes direct links to unequal power, a system of oppression and privilege, and institutional practices.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, dogcows said:

Clearly there are some jerkwads who dress up in black and commit violence in the name of Antifa. But I’m aware of no such group associated with anti-racism. Shouldn’t we all be against racism?

I’d like to go back to this.  As I read it again, I think your position is that Antifa is “mostly peaceful” and there are just a few wackos who do the violence, not even really associated with them, more “in the name of.”  Is that your position?  I can’t believe somebody could drink the koolaid that deeply, but… see this thread, I figured I’d ask.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I’d like to go back to this.  As I read it again, I think your position is that Antifa is “mostly peaceful” and there are just a few wackos who do the violence, not even really associated with them, more “in the name of.”  Is that your position?  I can’t believe somebody could drink the koolaid that deeply, but… see this thread, I figured I’d ask.

Replace  the subject with law enforcement, why do we care so much about the statistically insignificant negative police interactions.  Apparently importance is not a measure of frequency, but whether or not it fits ones bias

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No, Antifa has shown over and over they resort to violence. My point is that Antifa is highly decentralized with no clear membership which is why I said it that way. There is no similar coalition of “AntiRa” or anything else that I’m aware of...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You may find nothing wrong with it.  I do.  Do you agree with the following excerpts??

In the absence of making antiracist choices, we (un)consciously uphold aspects of white supremacy, white-dominant culture, and unequal institutions and society. 

For white people, being antiracist evolves with their racial identity development. They must acknowledge and understand their privilege, work to change their internalized racism, and interrupt racism when they see it.

Antiracist education, while considering class, race, and gender inequity, places race at the center of its analysis. Focusing on race exposes direct links to unequal power, a system of oppression and privilege, and institutional practices.

What are they excerpts from? I can’t say I agree or disagree without context.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

What are they excerpts from? I can’t say I agree or disagree without context.

Does it matter if it's left or right?  What do you think it's from?

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Does it matter if it's left or right?  What do you think it's from?

I don’t care what the source is - just want to read the whole document before making a judgment.

49 minutes ago, dogcows said:

No, Antifa has shown over and over they resort to violence. My point is that Antifa is highly decentralized with no clear membership which is why I said it that way. There is no similar coalition of “AntiRa” or anything else that I’m aware of...

Phew!  There is hope for you yet. :cheers: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, dogcows said:

I don’t care what the source is - just want to read the whole document before making a judgment.

Natl Museum of African American History at the Smithsonian.

Kevin McCarthy should study MLK if he’s going to make claims about him:

Yup. There’s been no progress since MLK.  None at all. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup. There’s been no progress since MLK.  None at all. 

It's been going backward since hussein. No one can prove that wrong. 

46 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Kevin McCarthy should study MLK if he’s going to make claims about him:

Was McCarthy wrong?  Seems not.  

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Was McCarthy wrong?  Seems not.  

Did you watch the MLK video? It’s only 2-3 minutes. MLK says a number of things that are quite consistent with CRT, but McCarthy claims CRT goes against everything MLK told us. He’s flatly wrong, which is obvious if you watch the video.

Apparently, McCarthy (and many others) believe the only thing MLK ever said was “Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.” If that’s all he ever said, whites wouldn’t have assassinated him. He was asking for jobs to be given to black people and asking for boycotts of businesses that didn’t do so. Telling black people to take their money out of white-run banks. You know, all the stuff right-wingers cry about if BLM does it. 

Parading out the “I love MLK” shtick while going against the exact things he advocated for is really old.

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Did you watch the MLK video? It’s only 2-3 minutes. MLK says a number of things that are quite consistent with CRT, but McCarthy claims CRT goes against everything MLK told us. He’s flatly wrong, which is obvious if you watch the video.

Apparently, McCarthy (and many others) believe the only thing MLK ever said was “Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.” If that’s all he ever said, whites wouldn’t have assassinated him. He was asking for jobs to be given to black people and asking for boycotts of businesses that didn’t do so. Telling black people to take their money out of white-run banks. You know, all the stuff right-wingers cry about if BLM does it. 

Parading out the “I love MLK” shtick while going against the exact things he advocated for is really old.

Did MLK say that all white people are inherently racist? Didn’t hear that. Is it in another speech?? Link? Thanks. 

Apparently Jamele Hill has some issues with interpretation.  Dr King in no way suggesting the vile excrement being proposed through critical race theory

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Hating someone or some organization is not "crying". 

And mlk did say what he is quoted as saying, it doesn't mean mlk was right about much else. But why not take his words and throw them in the faces of the liberal uninformed anyway? mlk did say them. :dunno:

Did MLK say looting is reparations? BLM has. Typical libs, cherry picking away. Did MLK say the nuclear family should be abolished? BLM has.  And can I get MLK’s views on abortion? Thanks. 

CRT = this year’s caravan. Republicans should’ve waited til closer to the midterms to roll this one out IMHO.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

CRT = this year’s caravan. Republicans should’ve waited til closer to the midterms to roll this one out IMHO.

It's weird how they don't care about illegal immigration anymore.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Another idiot who thinks the border is under control

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

We don’t?  We had it all but eliminated. As a matter of fact I’d bet it’s THEE top issue among conservatives 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

we care.  Why don't you care about ILLEGAL immigration?

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Really? What can you do when the other side is in charge of the agencies that regulate it? How come you don’t know how the country operates? What exactly is your degree in? 

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Another idiot who thinks the border is under control

Another idiot who doesn’t know how to focking read.

• Sad 1