Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Delta variant more transmissible than chickenpox?

I’m as warn out on the COVID stuff as anyone, but this seems concerning:

Washington CNN —  

The Delta coronavirus variant surging across the United States appears to cause more severe illness and spread as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal document from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The document – a slide presentation – outlines unpublished data that shows fully vaccinated people might spread the Delta variant at the same rate as unvaccinated people.

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky confirmed the authenticity of the document, which was first reported by The Washington Post.

“I think people need to understand that we’re not crying wolf here. This is serious,” she told CNN.

“It’s one of the most transmissible viruses we know about. Measles, chickenpox, this – they’re all up there.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/politics/cdc-masks-covid-19-infections/index.html

I’ll do anything asked of me. I just want my kids in school and to not have to wear a mask all day. It’s pissing me off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll do anything asked of me. I just want my kids in school and to not have to wear a mask all day. It’s pissing me off. 

They want the masks back. I absolutely do not want to do it

Good. Get us to herd immunity faster. Any trimming of some of our morons will be nice too.

My approach on the whole kids masks in school thing... if my kid needs a mask to be in school to not potentially die the focking school should be closed. 

Another covid thread :rolleyes:

Covid is going to be endemic at this point, we will all get it multiple times in our lives. Get a vaccine( or not if you do not understand probabilities) and then live your life. No masks, no restrictions, no shutdowns, stop with that crap. Any decision made with the coronavirus needs to account for the fact that it will be around us forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Washington CNN —  

The Delta coronavirus variant surging across the United States appears to cause more severe illness and spread as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal document from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The document – a slide presentation – outlines unpublished data that shows fully vaccinated people might spread the Delta variant at the same rate as unvaccinated people.

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky confirmed the authenticity of the document, which was first reported by The Washington Post.

“I think people need to understand that we’re not crying wolf here. This is serious,” she told CNN.

“It’s one of the most transmissible viruses we know about. Measles, chickenpox, this – they’re all up there.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/politics/cdc-masks-covid-19-infections/index.html

You lost me at CNN.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Covid is going to be endemic at this point, we will all get it multiple times in our lives. Get a vaccine( or not if you do not understand probabilities) and then live your life. No masks, no restrictions, no shutdowns, stop with that crap. Any decision made with the coronavirus needs to account for the fact that it will be around us forever.

Absolutely agree. It's time to let the chips fall where they may. 

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Washington CNN —  

Exactly. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's better to get it and let your immune system do it's thing. Natural immunity > vaccine, for low/no risk individuals and society as a whole. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Another covid thread 

Yeah, worms forgot to log in as edjr before posting a thread that could go into numerous threads already on 1st page.

7 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

There isn’t sh1t at this bored anymore, so I’ll create a new thread if I want to. Put some quality threads on page one and I’ll change tactic :cheers:

I agree with you on your analysis, but are you sure that means that we just tomorrow let the thing run rampant and unchecked? I’m not an epidemiologist but I gotta imagine there’s value to easing into it, allowing it to take hold over time rather than suddenly and all at once. But I get it, I’m fockin tired of all this sh1t too.

7 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

So only those that don't do math are not getting vaxxed?

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Probably not until 2025.

59 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

There isn’t sh1t at this bored anymore, so I’ll create a new thread if I want to. Put some quality threads on page one and I’ll change tactic :cheers:

This reads like late-stage rusty.  Rusty got so worn out bashing his head against the wall trying to shame everyone that he just started openly pisssing on the forum until he got banned.  I give worms a month before he goes psycho.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So you think it’s not real?

Can't way one way or another.  But there's no reason they can't release the data that I can imagine.  So, why aren't they?  Saying I don't trust them, with the amount of flip flopping and changing guidance over the last year, would be an understatement.  Fauci is a liar, and the CDC is incompetent.  Why would I trust them?  Release the data and let other scientists who don't have a political agenda evaluate it. 

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

This reads like late-stage rusty.  Rusty got so worn out bashing his head against the wall trying to shame everyone that he just started openly pisssing on the forum until he got banned.  I give worms a month before he goes psycho.

It’s happened a time or two before :) Maybe try to contribute something, though, instead of just this dreck?

10 minutes ago, Boots11234 said:

What the article does not say is that it’s less deadly which is kind of important 

because of the vax, jack

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Exactly. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's better to get it and let your immune system do it's thing. Natural immunity > vaccine, for low/no risk individuals and society as a whole. 

Good strategy.

Both caught covid but one vaccinated.

For one Mississippi couple who caught Covid-19, their outcomes provide a growing contrast. The wife, who is vaccinated, recovered after 10 days. But her unvaccinated husband has been in the hospital for 22 days and counting.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Good strategy.

Both caught covid but one vaccinated.

For one Mississippi couple who caught Covid-19, their outcomes provide a growing contrast. The wife, who is vaccinated, recovered after 10 days. But her unvaccinated husband has been in the hospital for 22 days and counting.

I wish everyone that didn't get the vax would get it.  It's also the best way for your child to learn something. The hard way

Now that they're paying people to take the vaccine. I've changed my mind completely on it. 

I'm writing down a number. (A cash, non taxable number)

10 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

This x a hundred million.

The rollover period for the delta variant is 45-90 days.  The. Delta will be all but gone by the beginning of October.

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Washington CNN —  

Is it as serious / deadly though?  

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Is it as serious / deadly though?  

I think the main point is it spreads like wildfire. But yeah, seems they think it’s worse too (for unvaccinated people)

I think you guys are pretty misguided if you think this is a ploy. Biden basically ran on ending the pandemic and essentially declared victory a couple of months ago. It wasn’t Mission Accomplished on the aircraft carrier, but close enough. Believe me I don’t think they’re happy to see this coming back

the only question is now...does the vaccine work or not?? if yes, then who gives fock??? if no, i still don't give a fock:music_guitarred:

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I think you guys are pretty misguided if you think this is a ploy. Biden basically ran on ending the pandemic and essentially declared victory a couple of months ago. It wasn’t Mission Accomplished on the aircraft carrier, but close enough. Believe me I don’t think they’re happy to see this coming back

So the fock what.  I'm vaccinated.  I locked down heavily last year.  I wore a mask in public until several weeks after I got vaccinated.  I DID all the sh*t they asked.  I'll consider a booster shot if they provide a credible reason to do so.  But I"m not taking them at their word on this sh*t any more.  I notice you didn't answer my question from earlier in this thread.  If this is such a focking big deal, why won't they release the data so it can be scrutinized.  I mean, isn't the mantra "follow the science?"  Well, one of the MAJOR mantras of  science is to publish data so it can be peer reviewed.  If they won't do that I have the right to be skeptical. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Strike said:

So the fock what.  I'm vaccinated.  I locked down heavily last year.  I wore a mask in public until several weeks after I got vaccinated.  I DID all the sh*t they asked.  I'll consider a booster shot if they provide a credible reason to do so.  But I"m not taking them at their word on this sh*t any more.  I notice you didn't answer my question from earlier in this thread.  If this is such a focking big deal, why won't they release the data so it can be scrutinized.  I mean, isn't the mantra "follow the science?"  Well, one of the MAJOR mantras of  science is to publish data so it can be peer reviewed.  If they won't do that I have the right to be skeptical. 

The fock do I have to do with releasing data? :wacko:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

But yeah, seems they think it’s worse too (for unvaccinated people)

They also think that maybe the vaccine has little effect at best. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They also think that maybe the vaccine has little effect at best. 

I don’t think that’s accurate. You can get it and spread it, which is obviously not ideal. But you don’t get it nearly as bad. Unless it turns out the vaccine was useless, which I doubt and certainly hope not

it's from p-town orgies, that is why it is more transmissible. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t think that’s accurate. You can get it and spread it, which is obviously not ideal. But you don’t get it nearly as bad. Unless it turns out the vaccine was useless, which I doubt and certainly hope not

Fauci himself debunked the bolded part.  The last part could be true about the variants, according to what they are saying. 

• Sad 1