Utilit99

If you were a parent of an NCAA girls swimming and diving contender.

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Jerry you are a bit nuts on this issue.  Sorry.  Everyone in the school announcing their sexual preference is a ridiculous idea, and schools don't want to know anyway.  More problems. 

Sorry but you are showing your ignorance on this.  It's not sexual preference, it's gender.  And I don't advocate everyone in school announcing their gender, so you are just making things up I guess.  I also strongly oppose gender transition surgery for minors.  But if we are going to let kids dress as their gender identity (which I think is unavoidable at this point, but regardless I presume it for what follows), we need a solution for school bathrooms.  In my scenario it is only allowed for kids after consultation with their parents and whatever other info might be deemed necessary to determine that the kid identifies as trans.  I find it highly unlikely that the parents would lie to enable their son to be a sexual predator in bathrooms.  I also find it highly unlikely that a boy would live a trans lifestyle at home for the purpose of fooling his parents and raping girls in the school bathroom.  But it is theoretically possible.

Believe it or not I'm trying to draw a defendable line in the sand.  To provide no rights to true trans people just isn't going to fly and you'll end up not getting any restrictions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So they quote a CNN quote from their own study, without any facts from the study. Or a link to it.  :lol: 

I found the study. I did have one thing wrong....The lead researcher is from Harvard and in the school of public health there. The official survey and study was conducted through the University of Connecticut in conjunction with the Human Rights Campaign. Here is what they relied on survey wise: https://www.hrc.org/resources/2018-lgbtq-youth-report

Also on a side note- the Youth Risk Behavior Survey has this data:

The rates of sexual assault for nontrans US teens, those whose gender identity matches their sex assigned at birth, is 15% for girls and 4% for boys, according to the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey administered by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you want them to in essence, register? And if they change their mind, go back? Why do people disregard that they are all kids? Kids that are trying to figure it out? 

Yes, and yes.  And I know a kid who has moved in and out of being trans; I've mentioned him here before as an example of exactly what you are alluding to.  Regardless, such a kid is confused more than a predator.  

Individual restrooms is probably the best solution but that is cost prohibitive.

IMO if we threw the book at assaults in such cases we would assuage a lot of the fears.  But unfortunately the Left goes the other way, sweeping such crimes under the rug for fear of people opposing trans rights.  They don't realize that it has the opposite effect.

Case in point to what (I believe) Jerry is saying...I will- not often, but enough- get e-mails that a student used to go by "Name A" and now goes by "Name B" 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry but you are showing your ignorance on this.  It's not sexual preference, it's gender.  And I don't advocate everyone in school announcing their gender, so you are just making things up I guess.  I also strongly oppose gender transition surgery for minors.  But if we are going to let kids dress as their gender identity (which I think is unavoidable at this point, but regardless I presume it for what follows), we need a solution for school bathrooms.  In my scenario it is only allowed for kids after consultation with their parents and whatever other info might be deemed necessary to determine that the kid identifies as trans.  I find it highly unlikely that the parents would lie to enable their son to be a sexual predator in bathrooms.  I also find it highly unlikely that a boy would live a trans lifestyle at home for the purpose of fooling his parents and raping girls in the school bathroom.  But it is theoretically possible.

Believe it or not I'm trying to draw a defendable line in the sand.  To provide no rights to true trans people just isn't going to fly and you'll end up not getting any restrictions.

The best solution is to have a gender neutral bathroom, which is a single person bathroom, for use by kids who don't want to use the bathroom that their biological sex uses.  What you're proposing is unfair to the biological sex that you're asking to have to share with the trans kids, and in particular the female biological sex KIDS that you're asking to share a bathroom and/or locker room with biological males.  The percentage of kids who are trans and need such a bathroom is very small so it shouldn't be difficult to offer this accommodation.    Also note that many school districts are passing policies that allow the school to treat the kid as whatever sex they want WITHOUT discussion with or notifying of the parents so your assumption that the parents would be involved is a poor assumption.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yes, and yes.  And I know a kid who has moved in and out of being trans; I've mentioned him here before as an example of exactly what you are alluding to.  Regardless, such a kid is confused more than a predator.  

Individual restrooms is probably the best solution but that is cost prohibitive.

IMO if we threw the book at assaults in such cases we would assuage a lot of the fears.  But unfortunately the Left goes the other way, sweeping such crimes under the rug for fear of people opposing trans rights.  They don't realize that it has the opposite effect.

As usual, they just don’t ever think of the downside.  It’s sad. I want all kids protected. Straight, gay, trans, whatever. Sweeping any of it under the rug, no matter the victim or the offender should get you the boot. 

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

The best solution is to have a gender neutral bathroom, which is a single person bathroom, for use by kids who don't want to use the bathroom that their biological sex uses.  What you're proposing is unfair to the biological sex that you're asking to have to share with the trans kids, and in particular the female biological sex KIDS that you're asking to share a bathroom and/or locker room with biological males.  The percentage of kids who are trans and need such a bathroom is very small so it shouldn't be difficult to offer this accommodation.    Also note that many school districts are passing policies that allow the school to treat the kid as whatever sex they want WITHOUT discussion with or notifying of the parents so your assumption that the parents would be involved is a poor assumption.

I said in a followup posts that gender neutral is probably the best if it is viable.  But just because the percentage is small doesn't make it easier to provide such a room where one doesn't exist.  Also I did NOT say locker room; restrooms have stalls so you would not see a person's junk while they are doing their thing.  Shared locker rooms I oppose, unless an accommodation could be made to isolate the trans person when naked.

ETA:  Forgot your last part.  I do not assume this is the case; I am proposing that this be the case as part of my solution.  Although, I could see the requirement of parental involvement causing angst to trans advocates, so some sort of alternative corroboration may be required.  Again there is no perfect solution.  Also keep in mind that I am trying to solve/minimize the risk of sexual predators.  The harder it is, the safer kids will be.

The Obama administrations “dear colleague” letter on the trans bathroom matter clearly stated that all schools that receive public funding must provide access to all facilities based on a students gender identity. 

Let me help everyone here. 

A kid is born a boy or a girl. 

When they grow up, they should use that designation to determine what public bathroom they should use.

They can, on their own time, mutually lick or fock whatever other human body part they want. 

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I said in a followup posts that gender neutral is probably the best if it is viable.  But just because the percentage is small doesn't make it easier to provide such a room where one doesn't exist.  Also I did NOT say locker room; restrooms have stalls so you would not see a person's junk while they are doing their thing.  Shared locker rooms I oppose, unless an accommodation could be made to isolate the trans person when naked.

ETA:  Forgot your last part.  I do not assume this is the case; I am proposing that this be the case as part of my solution.  Although, I could see the requirement of parental involvement causing angst to trans advocates, so some sort of alternative corroboration may be required.  Again there is no perfect solution.  Also keep in mind that I am trying to solve/minimize the risk of sexual predators.  The harder it is, the safer kids will be.

Somehow we've gone 100+ years with basically the same accommodations for bathrooms in schools.  Not sure why so many people think we need to turn the system on it's head to accommodate the mental issues of a minuscule percentage of the school going population.  We'd be better served getting them the mental help they need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Somehow we've gone 100+ years with basically the same accommodations for bathrooms in schools.  Not sure why so many people think we need to turn the system on it's head to accommodate the mental issues of a minuscule percentage of the school going population.  We'd be better served getting them the mental help they need.

For God's sake, yes.

This is all just stupid noise. But for some reason, liberals are trying so hard to sell tranny on the world.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

But for some reason, liberals are trying so hard to sell tranny on the world.

Distortion of all social norms is the goal.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't disagree with the mental help part and it's unfortunate that that is not part of the solution.  But the psych community, being woke, I believe has stated that there is no mental illness involved.  Not unlike their position that masking and isolating young children for years on end has no negative effects on their development, but I digress.

Honestly though I don't remember how it was handled.  I don't recall any trans folks in my HS.  College must have had some but I have no specific memories of seeing a guy dressed as a girl or vice versa in the restroom.  My first exposure to it was in 1990, one year out of college, a guy in my company was going through the transition and dressed as a woman.  Again I don't remember how restrooms were handled, but my guess is that he used some gender neutral one somewhere in the building.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s funny, if you’re against the unisex bathrooms and locker rooms, the Mooneys of the world frame it that you’re against the trans kids. When in reality, I’m more worried about some little straight ass hole  using it as an excuse. Maybe a kid going  through puberty isn’t comfortable changing in front of that little ass hole? How do you regulate that? 

I’m against the trans kid. Call me what you want. Fock you too. 

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't disagree with the mental help part and it's unfortunate that that is not part of the solution.  But the psych community, being woke, I believe has stated that there is no mental illness involved.  Not unlike their position that masking and isolating young children for years on end has no negative effects on their development, but I digress.

Honestly though I don't remember how it was handled.  I don't recall any trans folks in my HS.  College must have had some but I have no specific memories of seeing a guy dressed as a girl or vice versa in the restroom.  My first exposure to it was in 1990, one year out of college, a guy in my company was going through the transition and dressed as a woman.  Again I don't remember how restrooms were handled, but my guess is that he used some gender neutral one somewhere in the building.

That's because they are mentally ill as well.

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Distortion of all social norms is the goal.

Yeah. We aren't allowed to have social norms anymore I guess. We have to embrace every stupid focking weirdo thing that comes along. 

Jerry approves this messege.

I bet “straight” adults are way more likely to pose a threat to kids than transgenders. Maybe we should just ban adults from school bathrooms entirely? Since this is a very important safety concern and not at all a partisan wedge issue to rile morons up. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I bet “straight” adults are way more likely to pose a threat to kids than transgenders. Maybe we should just ban adults from school bathrooms entirely? Since this is a very important safety concern and not at all a partisan wedge issue to rile morons up. 

Anymore you walk into a bathroom and you end up having to write up a few students for vaping....So yeah- just use the faculty restrooms. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Anymore you walk into a bathroom and you end up having to write up a few students for vaping....So yeah- just use the faculty restrooms. 

As a little kid's teacher, you enjoy that, don't you?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

What's with the quotes on "straight"?

Insecure much old man?

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah, you said that already.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, you said that already.  

@MDCack doesn't know the difference between men and women. He never encountered that part of life.

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

Smart bet that 99.9999% of the population pose a bigger threat than .0001%, but I bet it’s closer than you think. 

30 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. We aren't allowed to have social norms anymore I guess. We have to embrace every stupid focking weirdo thing that comes along. 

Jerry approves this messege.

This is why I called you a neanderthal.  You lack the ability to see any nuance and instead leap to a black and white conclusion.  :thumbsup: 

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is why I called you a neanderthal.  You lack the ability to see any nuance and instead leap to a black and white conclusion.  :thumbsup: 

I'll take that as a compliment. :thumbsup:

There are many parts of life we don't need allow ourselves to be mired down in nuance. Questions about whether someone is a male or female is one of them. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, MDC said:

We've established here that utilit99 is not straight. 

33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'll take that as a compliment. :thumbsup:

There are many parts of life we don't need allow ourselves to be mired down in nuance. Questions about whether someone is a male or female is one of them. 

Thanks for proving my point.  I am trying to discuss the options for handling the situation, and you interpret that as I "embrace every focking weirdo thing that comes along."  I would ask if you could see why I said discussion with you is useless, but I already know you don't. :( 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks for proving my point.  I am trying to discuss the options for handling the situation, and you interpret that as I "embrace every focking weirdo thing that comes along."  I would ask if you could see why I said discussion with you is useless, but I already know you don't. :( 

He already established he is way off base here considering he proved what you and I were saying already after insisting we were wrong. 

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You called me a "Neanderthal" and I said parts of life shouldn't be bogged down in nuance. A focking boy is a boy, and a girl is a girl. And somehow that sets you off. 

You are going mooney looney on this topic. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You called me a "Neanderthal" and I said parts of life shouldn't be bogged down in nuance. A focking boy is a boy, and a girl is a girl. And somehow that sets you off. 

You are going mooney looney on this topic. 

Alrighty then, carry on.  :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

100% this

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

There are many parts of life we don't need allow ourselves to be mired down in nuance.

Specifically referring to this statement, I agree.  I've come to find that I'm about to hear or read something really stupid after I hear or see the word "nuance".

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just wait until one of these priveleged, white transgender "athletes" prevents a black chick from winning ... it will hit the fan, and that will be the impetus for change. 

Just wait, it's coming. 

ETA: I don't mean in swimming, because we all know the sistahs don't do the aquatics. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Just wait until one of these priveleged, white transgender "athletes" prevents a black chick from winning ... it will hit the fan, and that will be the impetus for change. 

Just wait, it's coming. 

Yes, it's always interesting how the hierarchy of oppression changes to further the narrative.

• Confused 1

The rates of sexual assault for nontrans US teens, those whose gender identity matches their sex assigned at birth, is 15% for girls and 4% for boys, according to the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey administered by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Does the guy who "assigns" sex at birth, have a clipboard?  I missed him in the delivery room when my son was born.  

I just assumed that the Y chromosome showed up earlier in the process. But I am not a scientist.  :dunno:

Still waiting to hear about all the arrests and convictions of people who sexually assaulted trans kids in school. Forgive me for wanting more than a self reporting survey. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Nation Excited For First Trans Woman Basketball Player To Finally Make WNBA Watchable

https://babylonbee.com/news/passage-of-equality-act-may-finally-make-the-wnba-watchable

:lol:

The basketball fan grew even more excited after learning about plans to add cheerleaders to each WNBA team so the TV cameras could have something interesting to focus on whenever the trans woman was not playing.