Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That's weird that you want to have adults fooking kids in the ass.

That is your best shot?  How about admitting  your fact checkers were wrong.  Start there Mr. Teacher, take responsibility.

This is the timeline of events as reported by the Department of Defense.

The mayor of DC requested troops as did Dr. Christopher Rodriguez. The DOD also confirms there was no request for DOD support.

And either way- there is "no clear request that Trump asked for National Guard soldiers to be deployed and/or that Pelosi rejected it." 

But by all means- keep pissing into the wind

https://media.defense.gov/2021/Jan/11/2002563151/-1/-1/0/PLANNING-AND-EXECUTION-TIMELINE-FOR-THE-NATIONAL-GUARDS-INVOLVEMENT-IN-THE-JANUARY-6-2021-VIOLENT-ATTACK-AT-THE-US-CAPITOL.PDF

17 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I know many who agree with that position.

How does a reasonable person not? Let me give you a small sample. We just had an Ivy League educated Supreme Court nominee not answer what has to be the simplest question in the history of questions in that setting beyond “how are you”. She wouldn’t answer if she knew what a woman was. It’s not that she doesn’t know, she does, one way or another. It’s that she was afraid to answer something so simple. This is where we are. Our best and brightest are afraid to answer a simple question. She has a belief in what the answer to that is , but she risks either looking foolish by giving the answer her side of the aisle believes what a woman is, it’s what someone says they are, or she gives the correct answer. And if you think there isn’t a correct answer then I have no need to see anyone with that thought process holding the reigns of even limited power. The line is drawn. You’re  either for or against the simple issues we are contending with or you’re not. We are beyond nuance at this point. Maybe we can get back to being divided over supply side and trickle down and all that stuff someday. We’re in the twilight zone and I want out.  

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

That is your best shot?  How about admitting  your fact checkers were wrong.  Start there Mr. Teacher, take responsibility.

"The former House sergeant-at-arms said he did not have any discussions with congressional leaders about the National Guard until the day of the riot."

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

This is the timeline of events as reported by the Department of Defense.

The mayor of DC requested troops as did Dr. Christopher Rodriguez. The DOD also confirms there was no request for DOD support.

And either way- there is "no clear request that Trump asked for National Guard soldiers to be deployed and/or that Pelosi rejected it." 

But by all means- keep pissing into the wind

https://media.defense.gov/2021/Jan/11/2002563151/-1/-1/0/PLANNING-AND-EXECUTION-TIMELINE-FOR-THE-NATIONAL-GUARDS-INVOLVEMENT-IN-THE-JANUARY-6-2021-VIOLENT-ATTACK-AT-THE-US-CAPITOL.PDF

It's already been highlighted that Trump suggested more support and pelosi turned it down. Move on. You keep losing more. 

• Thanks 1

Didn’t the mayor of DC send a letter refusing the deployment of the national guard? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t the mayor of DC send a letter refusing the deployment of the national guard? 

Yep. And there is a trend. In the summer of 2020 the mayors of liberal cities refused help from Trump and the national guard and allowed their cities to be ransacked by liberals. So this is not really a reach in the least. 

• Thanks 2

The main question...democrats and pegging...how often and how many times last night??  3 or 4??

54 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Not to pull my tinfoil hat too hard onto my head - But I actually think that Pelosi et al wanted this to happen and knew that if they had minimal security that increased the chances of it going bad.   

Pelosi knew that the 2020 summer of riots would be an albatross around their necks and prompting a riot at the Jan 6th thing would be the quickest way to nullify that.   

If you want to really go tinfoil hat - the Ray Epps and FBI at the protest things make a lot more sense in the light of this. . .

Timeline explanationplease, as I am confused.  The January 6th thing happened before the summer riots, so how could it be in response thereto?

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Timeline explanationplease, as I am confused.  The January 6th thing happened before the summer riots, so how could it be in response thereto?

False.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Wow

Sorry.  I got my timelines mixed up.  That happens to me now.  Early onset of some memory issues.  I see this followed the summer of violence by 6 months.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Sorry.  I got my timelines mixed up.  That happens to me now.  Early onset of some memory issues.  I see this followed the summer of violence by 6 months.

Yeah, for me, that's the worst part of January 6. It gave the left an out after the horrifying summer of 2020. 

Anybody who claims the government was in danger of being overthrown is focking idiot, we all get that but, this event made the right look almost as bad as the left.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I have no idea why Republicans would want to support a candidate who at this juncture would be a lame duck upon arrival, and one who would be divisive and subject to constant obstruction and to lawsuits galore.  They would be wise to ove on but their coalition cannot be described as wise right now, passioned yes, but not wise.  They would do well to try to identify teh wise among them as there may still be some and to follow them

I would gladly take a better option and would definitely vote for someone else if that were the case.  That said, I wouldn't be upset if Trump won again, just to see the the entire cohort of Leftists have a massive heart attack, all at the same time.

• Thanks 1

the left is trying to look Super Official to make people think they are truthful.

its like going thru a mcdonalds drive thru.  you order nuggets and an apple pie.  they hand you nuggets and say thank you.  you tell them i ordered apple pie as well.  they start to argue with you and say "no you didnt i have the order right here!" and you go "um, im RIGHT HERE.  i know what i ordered.  please sell me an apple pie."

people just default to the most official-looking thing, which to the order clerk was the screen in front of them.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I would gladly take a better option and would definitely vote for someone else if that were the case.  That said, I wouldn't be upset if Trump won again, just to see the the entire cohort of Leftists have a massive heart attack, all at the same time.

I live for that moment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I have no idea why Republicans would want to support a candidate who at this juncture would be a lame duck upon arrival, and one who would be divisive and subject to constant obstruction and to lawsuits galore.  They would be wise to ove on but their coalition cannot be described as wise right now, passioned yes, but not wise.  They would do well to try to identify teh wise among them as there may still be some and to follow them

are you john mccain?  

that is the kind of broken logic that led mccain to helping the democrats destroy the country.

i can remember when governor arnold schwarzenegger was seen as a strong republican conservative that would lead california back. big tough guy.  the left whipped up scandals on him and they got to him.  he became domesticated and effectively a democrat.

other republicans talk tough, act tough, but then a scandal hits and they resign and flee.

what i see in trump is a willingness to FIGHT.   he is NOT going to cower like ahnold.  he is NOT going to resign and flee.  thats a breath of fresh air and i damn well will support him for a 2nd term over someone like desantis.  i have no idea what desantis' spine is made of.  he might flip like arnold.  he might just quit.  

trump deserves every second in office he can get.

im crystal clear on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether the footage had been seen previously or not, it confirms that there were criminal actions by the protestors on the Capitol Grounds that day.  The actions were intended to try to circumvent the process of democracy.  That’s troubling and should be repudiated.

It is deeply concerning to see people not only NOT repudiating the actions, but suggesting that the actions are acceptable.  That suggests it would be OK for people to do again in the future.  Whatever side you are on, we should be able to agree that violent invasion intended to prevent the functioning of government should not be allowed.

I also was troubled by the clearly political motives of the investigation and how information was presented - particularly the closing prerecorded edited videos about how people felt summoned by Trump.  That was not what I expect from fair due process.

Holy sh!t, this place never fails to disappoint me when I'm seeking out the dumbest, most ignorant opinions from people still oblivious enough to support DJT. Hilarious. Also troubling, but that's why I don't spend much time here anymore.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Holy sh!t, this place never fails to disappoint me when I'm seeking out the dumbest, most ignorant opinions from people still oblivious enough to support DJT. Hilarious. Also troubling, but that's why I don't spend much time here anymore.

Things were better with him in charge. Biden is a disaster. This isn’t a debate anymore. 

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Question for the board libs, does this qualify as terrorism?

Of course not, that woman has a "D" as her political affiliation, she gets a free pass of course. 

13 minutes ago, Fnord said:

nHoly sh!t, this place never fails to disappoint me when I'm seeking out the dumbest, most ignorant opinions from people still oblivious enough to support DJT. Hilarious. Also troubling, but that's why I don't spend much time here anymore.

You are the best at "dumbest, most ignorant opinions." 

Welcome back. Please post more as you are hilarious. :pointstosky:

Not as good as huskyhater but close. Are you another rusty alias? 

Doesn't matter. Keep it coming peanut!!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Biden is a disaster.  I would take Bernie at this point.

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Biden is a disaster.  I would take Bernie at this point.

Yup. And the only reason Biden is president is they made and paid everyone else to back off because Bernie was on his way to the nomination. 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Things were better with him in charge. Biden is a disaster. This isn’t a debate anymore. 

This is debatable of course. I disagree, but you're free to feel that. What's not debatable is that DJT and his cronies attempted to halt the peaceful transfer of power to a duly elected Chief Executive. The word for that is treason. If we have any hope of getting out of the downward spiral we're in as a country, the fukkers need to be put on trial.

I watched about 5 minutes yesterday, saw people standing around chatting, mixed in with professional videos and talking heads (I like to go to MSNBC for the full effect of events like this).  Then finally the hearing started and some capitol police woman (pretty cute, wood) talked about how the mob scared her or something, I lost interest and stopped paying attention to be honest.

My question is, and I apologize if this was covered but I don't have time to read the whole thread:  what was the stated purpose for that hearing?  Is there some decision to be made, or new indictments, or ??? which would come out of that event?  What are the next steps? :dunno: 

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I watched about 5 minutes yesterday, saw people standing around chatting, mixed in with professional videos and talking heads (I like to go to MSNBC for the full effect of events like this).  Then finally the hearing started and some capitol police woman (pretty cute, wood) talked about how the mob scared her or something, I lost interest and stopped paying attention to be honest.

My question is, and I apologize if this was covered but I don't have time to read the whole thread:  what was the stated purpose for that hearing?  Is there some decision to be made, or new indictments, or ??? which would come out of that event?  What are the next steps? :dunno: 

They're incrementally laying the groundwork to show evidence that Trump was behind the whole thing. It was definitely a made for TV sort of event, which I didn't like. But let's face it, that's the only way to keep the public's attention anymore. Liz Cheney was articulate and forceful. 

The big reveal was that the acting SecDef Christopher Miller was taking direction from Mike Pence on 1/6, since Trump was MIA. Speculation is that Miller may have been under the impression that Trump was fomenting a coup, and since he couldn't reach POTUS, Pence took charge. 

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

They're incrementally laying the groundwork to show evidence that Trump was behind the whole thing. It was definitely a made for TV sort of event, which I didn't like. But let's face it, that's the only way to keep the public's attention anymore. Liz Cheney was articulate and forceful. 

The big reveal was that the acting SecDef Christopher Miller was taking direction from Mike Pence on 1/6, since Trump was MIA. Speculation is that Miller may have been under the impression that Trump was fomenting a coup, and since he couldn't reach POTUS, Pence took charge. 

OK thanks, I sorta knew that they wanted to blame Trump, but my question remains.  Is there any actual action Congress can take?  Or are they trying to convince some other authorities to do something?

54 minutes ago, Fnord said:

This is debatable of course. I disagree, but you're free to feel that. What's not debatable is that DJT and his cronies attempted to halt the peaceful transfer of power to a duly elected Chief Executive. The word for that is treason. If we have any hope of getting out of the downward spiral we're in as a country, the fukkers need to be put on trial.

Well, it’s not like republicans are holding them back from charging him. They have total control and the DOJ and FBI will do as told. So take it up with the democrats.   

Did they really say trump didn’t call the national guard?  The President can’t do that if they aren’t federalized, that’s on the governor 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, it’s not like republicans are holding them back from charging him. They have total control and the DOJ and FBI will do as told. So take it up with the democrats.   

Yup. Do they have the guts to do it and weather the political storm that will follow? I have my doubts. 

35 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

OK thanks, I sorta knew that they wanted to blame Trump, but my question remains.  Is there any actual action Congress can take?  Or are they trying to convince some other authorities to do something?

My guess is that this is an exercise in informing members of the general public that mostly ignore politics of what really happened in order to mitigate the political backlash of indicting some of these bastards. I'm not overly hopeful this will actually happen, given the tendencies we see in D.C. The Dems aren't exactly known for executing this sort of thing effectively, after all.

5 minutes ago, Fnord said:

My guess is that this is an exercise in informing members of the general public that mostly ignore politics of what really happened in order to mitigate the political backlash of indicting some of these bastards. I'm not overly hopeful this will actually happen, given the tendencies we see in D.C. The Dems aren't exactly known for executing this sort of thing effectively, after all.

And your thoughts on the Russia hoax? Same deal? Just curious. 

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

are you john mccain?  

that is the kind of broken logic that led mccain to helping the democrats destroy the country.

i can remember when governor arnold schwarzenegger was seen as a strong republican conservative that would lead california back. big tough guy.  the left whipped up scandals on him and they got to him.  he became domesticated and effectively a democrat.

other republicans talk tough, act tough, but then a scandal hits and they resign and flee.

what i see in Clownzo is a willingness to FIGHT.   he is NOT going to cower like ahnold.  he is NOT going to resign and flee.  thats a breath of fresh air and i damn well will support him for a 2nd term over someone like desantis.  i have no idea what desantis' spine is made of.  he might flip like arnold.  he might just quit.  

trump deserves every second in office he can get.

im crystal clear on this.

Being a self-serving, arrogant, divisive, doosh and bully isn't the same as being a fighter. He's widely regarded as one of our nation's worst presidents. He embarrassed this country daily home and abroad, and he crapped all over the Constitution by trying to destroy our election system. 

He's a foul, despicable human being who ought to be in prison.

The best thing that could happen to this country is if his fat orange ass dropped dead long before 2024.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

Being a self-serving, arrogant, divisive, doosh and bully isn't the same as being a fighter. He's widely regarded as one of our nation's worst presidents. He embarrassed daily home and abroad, and he crapped all over the Constitution by trying to destroy our election system. 

He's a foul, despicable human being who ought to be in prison.

The best thing that could happen to this country is if his fat orange ass dropped dead long before 2024.

The presidents of the Northern Triangle, who we are giving loads of cash to, blew off Biden.