Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Shame on you homophobes for not going to see Bros

Just now, Horseman said:

"before"

So close.

That implied the "before" part. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Was that movie actually popular or did it just win a bunch of awards bc libtards love a ghey movie 

MDC love love loved it. "It was to die for." 

12 hours ago, craftsman said:

MDC love love loved it. "It was to die for." 

I wonder how Men on Film would rate it?

It is always entertaining when these narcissists lash out when people dont invest in their POS social virtue movies

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It is always entertaining when these narcissists lash out when people dont invest in their POS social virtue movies

From what I've read, it's actually a pretty good rom-com.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If people enjoy it, if it is good, then it will be patronized.....if not....the people who choose to not pay to watch are not evil people....

This is the problem with leftists today, they have converted their political ideology into a religion.  Failure to comply to the religious edicts means you are an infidel and must be destroyed. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sounds more of a ram-corn to me. 

• Haha 3

Im not gonna pay 30 dollars to watch guys cackfight.  I can do that for free here.

• Thanks 1

I think anything trying to follow up on and improve upon Tweek and Craig would be anticlimatic and disappointing, much like the experience women have when they make it with me.

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Im not gonna pay 30 dollars to watch guys cackfight.  I can do that for free here.

Well.... elsewhere online

15 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Call me thilly. 

Admittedly, I've never been waterboarded to know for sure, but I have a feeling that I'd rather spend three hours getting waterboarded than three hours watching gay men grope each other.

• Haha 1

Heard an interesting take from Shapiro on this.  Straight men are not the target market for rom coms of any kind; it is primarily women who want to see them, and sometimes they'll drag the guy along.  

The problem this movie faces is that women watch rom coms looking for... women to fall in love.  This movie doesn't have that.  So straight women aren't inclined to go, they won't be dragging their men, and their men were never going to go on their own.

Seems to make sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Heard an interesting take from Shapiro on this.  Straight men are not the target market for rom coms of any kind; it is primarily women who want to see them, and sometimes they'll drag the guy along.  

The problem this movie faces is that women watch rom coms looking for... women to fall in love.  This movie doesn't have that.  So straight women aren't inclined to go, they won't be dragging their men, and their men were never going to go on their own.

If they really wanted more of the general public to want to see it then they should've promoted more as a comedy that everyone would enjoy.  I don't think many people would mind going to see a really funny movie that just happens to be based on a gay couple.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Are you trying to say MDC isn't a real man?

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

No no, not me, umm, I'm just reporting what I heard.  :ninja: 

Imagine the crazy sh1t (no pun intended) that will be included in the "Director's Cut".  :shocking:

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Sure. Give us your review on Monday.

It's not a movie I would go see in the theater but I would watch it on Netflix or something.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not a movie I would go see in the theater but I would watch it on Netflix or something.

While you're alone? Yeah, I get it

• Haha 5

First and foremost, not going to the movies to watch some focking romantic comedy....period....

Secondly, it just looks like a dumb movie in general...

and lastly, another example of trying to force ones ideology on others and then crying when your dumb arse loses on the deal 

16 minutes ago, RLLD said:

First and foremost, not going to the movies to watch some focking romantic comedy....period....

I am not overly political, but civil rights is higher on my list of what i care about.  Good for them for making the movie, but they need to know their target market.

The two reasons listed above has me avoiding this movie. No real appeal for me. I would be more drawn to it if it were a drama and deals with their potential issues.

A very good movie (and great cast) was It's My Party from the 90's

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

and lastly, another example of trying to force ones ideology on others and then crying when your dumb arse loses on the deal 

The Shapiro point was a good one.   My wife and I will occasionally trade movies.  One for me, one for her.  So if she wanted to drag me to something like Bridesmaids(which was actually funny) I'll go, cause I might make her go see Fletch or whatever.

But.....we do get vetoes.  And if she wanted to see this movie(which she doesn't) I would be allowed in this case to say nope.     

28 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I am not overly political, but civil rights is higher on my list of what i care about.  Good for them for making the movie, but they need to know their target market.

The two reasons listed above has me avoiding this movie. No real appeal for me. I would be more drawn to it if it were a drama and deals with their potential issues.

A very good movie (and great cast) was It's My Party from the 90's

Or it was just a comedy that happened to have the main characters be a gay couple.  Look at Step Brothers & Talladega Nights, as examples.

51 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The Shapiro point was a good one.   My wife and I will occasionally trade movies.  One for me, one for her.  So if she wanted to drag me to something like Bridesmaids(which was actually funny) I'll go, cause I might make her go see Fletch or whatever.

But.....we do get vetoes.  And if she wanted to see this movie(which she doesn't) I would be allowed in this case to say nope.     

Bridesmaids was definitely one of those movies that didn't look that good but I really enjoyed when I watched it.

I’d say it’s just as ghey as all these superhero movies that grown men watch. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I didn’t actually see Bros, even though I’m not a real man. I’m not interested in romcoms or any kind. And fortunately my wife isn’t either.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Would she want to see that? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Nope.  Just making the point

Whoosh!!!  :lol:

On 10/4/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

You and your boyfriend gonna go see it?

On 10/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, supermike80 said:

Please use this PSA to rush out and get your tickets for Wakanda Forever.  Don't poop on another masterpiece because of your cis white male privilege

Not so fast!  Whites not allowed to see it on the first weekend.  @Hardcore troubadour, this is BS from presumably the left 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not so fast!  Whites not allowed to see it on the first weekend.  @Hardcore troubadour, this is BS from presumably the left 

You’re starting to make me feel uncomfortable. I don’t like it when someone with all sorts of time on their hands starts showing obsessive behavior towards me. Gonna have to not acknowledge you for a while then see what happens. Lots of weirdos out there and you appear to be one of them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re starting to make me feel uncomfortable. I don’t like it when someone with all sorts of time on their hands starts showing obsessive behavior towards me. Gonna have to not acknowledge you for a while then see what happens. Lots of weirdos out there and you appear to be one of them. 

Lol, answering questions is being obsessive now?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Does this mean if you wait until after opening weekend you won't have to deal with people talking throughout the movie?

This might actually be a good marketing strategy. 

On 11/4/2022 at 1:23 PM, TimHauck said:

LOL.  That has to be trolling.