cmh6476

2022 Midterm Elections

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

if roe v wade wasnt struck down, obviously this is a much redder election.  but then you have to ask yourself what would you rather have?

1.  a GOP government that never pushes its agenda but wins more often.
2.  a GOP government that does things like strike down roe in exchange for winning less.

i hear some republicans complain that the republicans never do anything when they get voted in.  i hear other republicans complain that the wins are underwhelming.  but you build political capital to spend it.  Trump's victory in 2016 resulted in repealing Obamacare and overturning Roe and in exchange, the democrats had slightly better election outcomes in 2020 and 2022.

The ACA exists still no?

Also, more people are favorable towards the ACA than unfavorable. Maybe not a good issue to crow about overturning. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Simple question- inflation is high, Republicans ran on it....what was their plan they outlined to combat it?

thats never something that defines a change in leadership and a stupid question.  it applies to all walks of life, not just politics.  when a head coach in the NFL is fired, no-one asks what specifically the new head coach will do to fix the team.  they just want the old leadership out and want to try new leadership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The ACA exists still no?

No it does not.  Trump repealed it.  Specifically, the HUUUUUUUUUUUGE complaint people had with the Obamacare was the individual mandate.  the individual mandate was the part where if you DIDNT have insurance, you paid a fine.  It was a gross overstepping of federal government to fine you into compliance.  Trump killed the individual mandate, and because of that, Obamacare no longer exists.  I would call the new thing Trumpcare.

the MSM is lying its asss off by saying Obamacare stil exists, i agree there.

32 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's politics, not personal, it would be like caring so much you wreck your TV because the wrong team won the Super Bowl.

I leave it to folks like you to make it something internal. 

Last night you cared enough to open a bottle of Chiant and watch CNN. lol

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No I will not.  People lost jobs, restaurants were closed FOREVER. Out of business.  There were beaches and parks closed for the love of baby Jesus.  My kids were outside playing soccer games in 90 degrees with masks on.  Drug abuse, mental health issues all rose because of lockdowns. Childrens test scores, all plummeted due to lockdowns. It was over the top insane. I will never forget.  Go fock yourself. 

#neverforget

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

No it does not.  Trump repealed it.  Specifically, the HUUUUUUUUUUUGE complaint people had with the Obamacare was the invidual mandate.  the individual mandate was the part where if you DIDNT have insurance, you paid a fine.  It was a gross overstepping of federal government to fine you into compliance.  Trump killed the invidual mandate, and because of that, Obamacare no longer exists.  I would call the new thing Trumpcare.

I mean the ACA still exists. It is slightly different, but it still exists.

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

thats never something that defines a change in leadership and a stupid question.  it applies to all walks of life, not just politics.  when a head coach in the NFL is fired, no-one asks what specifically the new head coach will do to fix the team.  they just want the old leadership out and want to try new leadership.

Exactly

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No I will not.  People lost jobs, restaurants were closed FOREVER. Out of business.  There were beaches and parks closed for the love of baby Jesus.  My kids were outside playing soccer games in 90 degrees with masks on.  Drug abuse, mental health issues all rose because of lockdowns. Childrens test scores, all plummeted due to lockdowns. It was over the top insane. I will never forget.  Go fock yourself. 

#metoo

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean the ACA still exists. It is slightly different, but it still exists.

see, now your splitting hairs so that you can lie going forward.  Obamacare is dead.  we have Trumpcare now.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

see, now your splitting hairs so that you can lie going forward.  Obamacare is dead.  we have Trumpcare now.

Trumpcare is not a thing. You are making up stuff.

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

if roe v wade wasnt struck down, obviously this is a much redder election.  but then you have to ask yourself what would you rather have?

2.  a GOP government that does things like strike down roe in exchange for winning less.

i hear some republicans complain that the republicans never do anything when they get voted in.  i hear other republicans complain that the wins are underwhelming.  but you build political capital to spend it.  Trump's victory in 2016 resulted in repealing Obamacare and overturning Roe and in exchange, the democrats had slightly better election outcomes in 2020 and 2022.

If I am asking myself....then I would rather they just win because I give no shlts about abortion.   It is a stupid issue to me and not something they should have went after at all.   Who cares?  Religious people?  Who else?  Now yeah fight to not let these nutjobs kill babies as they are coming out if the womb. But abortion is a no win issue.  And I think a good % of R voters are like myself in that it isn't of any concern.  I don't know a ton of Republicans who are beating the drum on abortion.  Most I know don't care like me or down right say it is thr one issue they stand with Dems on.  

heh when i went to bed, almost all of Nevada counties were reporting blue and in its Senate race.  Now I see Newsmax has all counties reporting red except Clark county (Vegas) and they called it for Laxalt.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

If I am asking myself....then I would rather they just win because I give no shlts about abortion.   It is a stupid issue to me and not something they should have went after at all.   Who cares?  Religious people?  Who else?  Now yeah fight to not let these nutjobs kill babies as they are coming out if the womb. But abortion is a no win issue.  And I think a good % of R voters are like myself in that it isn't of any concern.  I don't know a ton of Republicans who are beating the drum on abortion.  Most I know don't care like me or down right say it is thr one issue they stand with Dems on.  

on the other hand, the Supreme Court was the only branch of government the GOP controlled, so this was the time to win on abortion.

Masters continues to close in on a win in AZ.  its really down to this race.  If Masters comes all the way back, the senate is red.

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

What's more important for Republicans?  Less dead babies or a stronger economy?  It's time for republicans to give up on dead babies and focus on what people actually care about.

18 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Roe v Wade was struck down??? @TBayXXXVII told me that never happened

Just now, JustinCharge said:

on the other hand, the Supreme Court was the only branch of government the GOP controlled, so this was the time to win on abortion.

I have no polls or numbers.  But what is a win if half your voters don't care about the issue?  You are only riling up your own women voters.  Shoot self in foot.  

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

In America, you split hairs.  In Soviet Russia, hairs split you.

• Haha 1

Masters is behind by 90k votes with 74% reporting per newsmax for the AZ senate seat and 51 GOP senators.

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Some cities/states definitely went over the top and keeping schools closed as long as they were is the among the biggest mistakes, but you’re oversimplifying.

Dine-in Restaurant business was going to be down ~50%+ regardless of restrictions.  And those that were able to focus more on takeout excelled.

Most parks and beaches reopened once we realized the risk was lower outdoors.

The increase in drug abuse and mental health issues was just as much the result of the pandemic itself than “lockdowns.”  For example Florida had among the highest increases in overdose deaths.

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

See the problem is you nor JustinCharge can articulate the plan. 

What is the Dems plan?

it feels like the MSM is scared Masters will win and put the GOP at 51, so they are hard-selling the narrative that "the red wave is a ripple" to mute the potential news that the GOP took both chambers.

Imagine being in a coma for 20 years, since 2002.  Then you wake up and watch a John Fetterman presser or debate.  The guy looks crazy, sounds crazy, is sick…..  he needs to be home getting care.  And then that dude WINS a United States Senate race.  You would be dumbfounded.  You’d look around and ask “WTF HAPPENED THE PAST 20 YEARS?!??“

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What is the Dems plan?

I think it's clear we don't know. But the other side didn't name anything they would do either. So devil I know vs devil I don't for some people I would bet. 

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

And while you're at it Mooney, can you give me a rundown on what Biden ran on and what he's accomplished?  TIA

And while you're at it can you answer my question? TIA

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And those that were able to focus more on takeout excelled.

Oh yeah, new takeout restaurants were opening up all over the place.  🤣

What a moron.  

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Last night you cared enough to open a bottle of Chiant and watch CNN. lol

Oh, was I supposed to sit in a dark room and pray?  Do tell, what is the approved manner to enjoy election night.  :huh:

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Oh, was I supposed to sit in a dark room and pray?  Do tell, what is the approved manner to enjoy election night.  :huh:

You tell me. You were the one who was going to open some wine and get off on CNN. 

How’d that work out for you? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

And while you're at it can you answer my question? TIA

I don't see that you asked me a question.  How would they tackle inflation?  Cut spending and get back to energy independence. 

Just now, Gladiators said:

I don't see that you asked me a question.  How would they tackle inflation?  Cut spending and get back to energy independence. 

I asked a question in the thread...you responded to the post.

38 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Simple question- inflation is high, Republicans ran on it....what was their plan they outlined to combat it?

Stop spending 

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Imagine being in a coma for 20 years, since 2002.  Then you wake up and watch a John Fetterman presser or debate.  The guy looks crazy, sounds crazy, is sick…..  he needs to be home getting care.  And then that dude WINS a United States Senate race.  You would be dumbfounded.  You’d look around and ask “WTF HAPPENED THE PAST 20 YEARS?!??“

I think a lot would have felt similar if they woke up to Trump or Biden being President.