cmh6476

2022 Midterm Elections

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I asked a question in the thread...you responded to the post.

Or you could be a man and answer his question.  Then ask your question again.

19 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

In America, you split hairs.  In Soviet Russia, hairs split you.

Take this to the Brittney Grinder thread. :nono:

:lol:

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Imagine being in a coma for 20 years, since 2002.  Then you wake up and watch a John Fetterman presser or debate.  The guy looks crazy, sounds crazy, is sick…..  he needs to be home getting care.  And then that dude WINS a United States Senate race.  You would be dumbfounded.  You’d look around and ask “WTF HAPPENED THE PAST 20 YEARS?!??“

And then seeing that the Republican party is pinning it's hopes on TV stars Donald Trump and Dr. Oz.

I went to bed a lot earlier than I did bought I would when I saw Arizona slipping away after hearing about all the fuckery that was afoot there earlier in the day and knowing who was in charge of the election there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I went to bed a lot earlier than I did bought I would when I saw Arizona slipping away after hearing about all the fuckery that was afoot there earlier in the day and knowing who was in charge of the election there. 

All that crap started at step one. I really don't understand why that was so bad as it was. 

I do not trust our elections in the least. 

13 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Oh yeah, new takeout restaurants were opening up all over the place.  🤣

What a moron.  

Wtf are you talking about, dumbass.  I’m talking about existing restaurants that were able to pivot to focusing on takeout /curbside.  Many gained future customers for when they eventually opened for dine-in.

Just now, craftsman said:

All that crap started at step one. I really don't understand why that was so bad as it was. 

I do not trust our elections in the least. 

This is at least two times in a row that Arizona has had a clusterfuck. Florida had one in 2020 and did something about it. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think a lot would have felt similar if they woke up to Trump or Biden being President.

Trump would've been almost exactly the scene from Back to the Future where Marty tells Doc in 1955 that Ronald Reagan is President in 1985. 

47 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No I will not.  People lost jobs, restaurants were closed FOREVER. Out of business.  There were beaches and parks closed for the love of baby Jesus.  My kids were outside playing soccer games in 90 degrees with masks on.  Drug abuse, mental health issues all rose because of lockdowns. Childrens test scores, all plummeted due to lockdowns. It was over the top insane. I will never forget.  Go fock yourself. 

Job market is better than it’s ever been. You’re a hyperventilating Nancy crybaby and it only hurts your credibility :dunno:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Masshole said:

Just really, really solid summary here in these posts.   Just my opinion but I think Listen nailed it here.   

I had quoted the exact same three quotes and agree; @listen2me 23nailed those.  :thumbsup: 

How can the generation that got fuk'd the hardest with all the CV19 lockdowns sh!t be voting in large majorities for the people who did that to them??    How the F does that make any sense?   

We've created a generation of kids who want to be coddled and taken care of.  I think it is a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome, or perhaps a better analogy is a drug addict who needs their fix. 

This past weekend was the 1st time I thought "maybe this isn't going to be so great for the repubs" in several weeks.    I was talking to my wife about the election in MA.    I said "I don't care how you vote on anything else but just don't vote for Maura Healey*".    I've been with her for 30 yrs now and I was surprised about how vehement she was about the abortion issue in her response to that.   She didn't even know what the repub governor candidate's position on abortion was - she just knew she didn't like the repeal of Roe.    I really didn't understand how deeply she felt on that one issue and it really was the only issue that she cared about.    That was my moment when as a conservative who usually votes republican and was hoping for a red wave - I thought "uh-oh". . . 

* = Healey is a long-time MA dem apparatchik and brings not a single new or interesting thing to the table.    The repub candidate was trash but is/was certainly less odious than Healey.  

Back in 2004 I had a similar experience with W which I called the "my mom" factor.  My mom was a lifelong blue dog labor friendly democrat, like most people in NE PA at the time.  But that election she told me she was voting for W, because we were at war and Kerry was too soft.  I had a strange feeling after that that W would win.

Fast forward to this past week and I had two such experiences.  One was my son telling me that his girlfriend isn't into politics at all, but she's really riled up about the abortion issue.  The second was my youngest daughter and the fact that she voted at all yesterday.  She is quite Left in philosophy but hates politics -- when the rest of our family starts discussing it she just curls into a ball and stays quiet.  The fact that she went through the trouble to vote put up a big red errrr... blue flag to me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Job market is better than it’s ever been. You’re a hyperventilating Nancy crybaby and it only hurts your credibility :dunno:

Nah, he’s right. The governors ran the show during Covid and the democrats states were horrible. The republican ones were better. It’s evident now. Fock em. They did it, they can own it. Too bad. 

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wtf are you talking about, dumbass.  I’m talking about existing restaurants that were able to pivot to focusing on takeout /curbside.  Many gained future customers for when they eventually opened for dine-in.

If that's your definition of excelling it certainly explains a lot.  

13 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And then seeing that the Republican party is pinning it's hopes on TV stars Donald Trump and Dr. Oz.

True.  At least they can coherently speak though.  But yeah, not even talking politics but just reality.  Biden is gone. Fetterman is sick.  It’s bizzaro world out there.  

We were masking babies and there were arrows on grocery store lanes to follow  so people would not get anywhere near another.  We all need to stop and just look around sometimes.  JFC. 

32 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What is the Dems plan?

Currently its "if we dont win, its the end of democracy" and idiots believe them.

No actual plan other thanks offering free stuff or cancel a loan (a lie of course).

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yep. I have in laws who own a restaurant, and they shifted to takeout and delivery and did great. It added a new revenue stream that continues to this day.

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Or you could be a man and answer his question.  Then ask your question again.

He’s not a man, he’s a Lib. 

• Like 1

A Pennsylvania state representative who died last month was reelected during the midterm elections, reports say.

Democrat Anthony "Tony" DeLuca died Oct. 9 "after a brief battle with lymphoma, a disease he twice previously beat. He was 85," the Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus wrote. 

DeLuca was Pennsylvania's longest-serving state rep, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

True.  At least they can coherently speak though.  But yeah, not even talking politics but just reality.  Biden is gone. Fetterman is sick.  It’s bizzaro world out there.  

We were masking babies and there were arrows on grocery store lanes to follow  so people would not get anywhere near another.  We all need to stop and just look around sometimes.  JFC. 

Have you heard Trump speak? :unsure: 

Just now, MDC said:

Have you heard Trump speak? :unsure: 

Since his speech isn't as bad they just ignore it.  Never really understood why they don't criticize his terrible speaking but will criticize everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Since his speech isn't as bad they just ignore it.  Never really understood why they don't criticize his terrible speaking but will criticize everyone else.

Who? Biden? Everything can be explained away by his stutter. Even the economy.

So basically nothing changed and we have to hope we still have a country in 2 years...great

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly fuming over the Republican Party's failure to produce a red wave, but he's not ruling out an announcement about a 2024 presidential campaign.

The twice-impeached former president's hand-picked GOP candidates largely flopped in Tuesday's midterm elections, and Democrats still have an outside shot at maintaining congressional majorities in both chambers, which CNN's Jim Acosta said leaves Trump and his inner circle pointing fingers at one another.

“'Trump is livid' and 'screaming at everyone,' after last night’s disappointing midterm results for GOP, according to a Trump adviser," Acosta reported. "The adviser went on to slam the former president’s handpicked contenders: 'they were all bad candidates.' 'Candidates matter,' the adviser said."

Trump had reportedly considered announcing a presidential run on Monday, ahead of the midterms, but sources say the election results muddle the timeline for entering the 2024 race.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2024-2658622056/

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Who? Biden? Everything can be explained away by his stutter. Even the economy.

I don't make excuses for Biden.  He's terrible.  His speech is much worse than Trump's but that doesn't mean Trump is very good either.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't make excuses for Biden.  He's terrible.  His speech is much worse than Trump's but that doesn't mean Trump is very good either.

ive never heard trump continually mumble words or mix up thoughts

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

As for me, I don't care what a president sounds like in front of a microphone. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ive never heard trump continually mumble words or mix up thoughts

He's done it plenty of times.  He also rambles on way too much.

Just now, craftsman said:

As for me, I don't care what a president sounds like in front of a microphone. 

Then you shouldn't care what Biden sounds like.  Same with Fetterman.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's done it plenty of times.  He also rambles on way too much.

my friend is a huge maga chick, I watched the rally friday or saturday, and never heard a missed word

biden cant talk even once and be able to do that.

Rambling is a whole other topic

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

my friend is a huge maga chick, I watched the rally friday or saturday, and never heard a missed word

biden cant talk even once and be able to do that.

Rambling is a whole other topic

This is a pretty good article breaking down Trump's speeches.  It's pretty interesting and shows that maybe he talks the way he does for a specific reason during his speeches.

https://www.firstrand.co.za/perspectives/an-analysis-of-president-donald-trump-s-use-of-language/

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Then you shouldn't care what Biden sounds like.  Same with Fetterman.

I don't. I have made fun of them. But that's more like a friendly SNL type thing from me. 

I should also overlook their policies and the current state of our country from border security to economy to climate sky screaming to letting felons out of prison to murder rate to power hungry politicians to getting rid of the constitution as we know it. 

:thumbsup: I think I'll become a liberal by brainwashing myself into thinking all these things are going great. Go national debt!!! 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You tell me. You were the one who was going to open some wine and get off on CNN. 

How’d that work out for you? :lol: 

I enjoyed the wine, watching some CNN be really perused multiple networks to see how they were framing it.  I mostly saw decent journalism I give credit where its due.  The Chianti was fantastic.  All in all, not bad at all. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I enjoyed the wine, watching some CNN be really perused multiple networks to see how they were framing it.  I mostly saw decent journalism I give credit where its due.  The Chianti was fantastic.  All in all, not bad at all. 

That's not the answer MDC was looking for. He wanted you to say you were crying because that hero Fetterman won.  

You guys sound like a bunch of old out touch geezers. Every generation since the beginning of time has thought that the younger generation would ruin our country. We’re still here. Stop listening to fear mongering morons like Tucker Carlson and getting your news from social media. Maybe you’d be more in touch with what’s going on and a lot less like Tipper Gore preaching that song lyrics are the devil. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Did you criticize Trump for this as well?

I always criticize the national debt  going up for ridiculous spending. No matter who it is. 

Now do the other things I mentioned. 

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah, he’s right. The governors ran the show during Covid and the democrats states were horrible. The republican ones were better. It’s evident now. Fock em. They did it, they can own it. Too bad. 

How is it evident?

Just now, OldMaid said:

You guys sound like a bunch of old out touch old geezers. Every generation since the beginning of time has thought that the younger generation would ruin our country. We’re still here. Stop listening to fear mongering morons like Tucker Carlson and getting your news from social media. Maybe you’d be more in touch with what’s going on and a lot less like Tipper Gore preaching that song lyrics are the devil. 

Generic spreadsheet response row 42. 

5 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

You guys sound like a bunch of old out touch geezers. Every generation since the beginning of time has thought that the younger generation would ruin our country. We’re still here. Stop listening to fear mongering morons like Tucker Carlson and getting your news from social media. Maybe you’d be more in touch with what’s going on and a lot less like Tipper Gore preaching that song lyrics are the devil. 

Listen, many of us have been waiting decades to scream "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!."  Don't rain on our parade.