cmh6476

2022 Midterm Elections

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

They say this youngest generation is turning more conservative.   Maybe they are but not fast enough.   

I guess the "free stuff" paid off.  One of liberals best tactics at getting votes.  Here free stuff.  Even though your uncle's tax dollars are paying for said free stuff.  

How can the generation that got fuk'd the hardest with all the CV19 lockdowns sh!t be voting in large majorities for the people who did that to them??    How the F does that make any sense?   

I didn’t think the phony fear mongering from the left would work. I thought people would be fearful of real things, not boogey men. People like to be more scared about things they have to imagine than what’s in front of them I guess. 

Just now, Masshole said:

How can the generation that got fuk'd the hardest with all the CV19 lockdowns sh!t be voting in large majorities for the people who did that to them??    How the F does that make any sense?   

Abortion and tuition stuff.    Abortion Rs should have left alone.  The tuition forgiveness is just a liberal tactic that is always going to work.  Don't fix any sort of problem with the setup of school but buy votes for now.  People that are 25 can't see more than 2 weeks ahead.

• Thanks 1

I think in PA the democrats also ran a somewhat normal person for governor and the republicans ran a different guy. That helped Fetterman. People tend to go straight ballot. 

Not how I hoped it'd shake out, but really not that much of a surprise.  There are a lot of stupid people in this country, and we only seem to be getting dumber as a nation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

If the #1 issue was abortion, how does that show they are tired of Trump?  To me just looks like Republicans can thank the Supreme Court for this result

This past weekend was the 1st time I thought "maybe this isn't going to be so great for the repubs" in several weeks.    I was talking to my wife about the election in MA.    I said "I don't care how you vote on anything else but just don't vote for Maura Healey*".    I've been with her for 30 yrs now and I was surprised about how vehement she was about the abortion issue in her response to that.   She didn't even know what the repub governor candidate's position on abortion was - she just knew she didn't like the repeal of Roe.    I really didn't understand how deeply she felt on that one issue and it really was the only issue that she cared about.    That was my moment when as a conservative who usually votes republican and was hoping for a red wave - I thought "uh-oh". . . 

* = Healey is a long-time MA dem apparatchik and brings not a single new or interesting thing to the table.    The repub candidate was trash but is/was certainly less odious than Healey.  

Another thing is that left wing media and the Democratic Party are for the most part in synch. Meanwhile Fox is pumping up candidates and McConnell isn’t backing or funding many of them.  

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If the #1 issue was abortion, how does that show they are tired of Trump?  To me just looks like Republicans can thank the Supreme Court for this result

That was in PA. But a lot of Trump backed candidates lost. And if Walker loses the Georgia (run off I'd presume) that is on Trump as well. 

Even still though- with inflation as bad as it was, and gas prices, and crime, and all that- people still said "Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to go with people who deny elections and all that."

22 hours ago, Strike said:

Politico posted an article yesterday detailing the various ways the election could be stolen.  It's really interesting that the people from the side of "elections are fair!!!" are preemptively making excuses for how the election was stolen. 

6 election security threats to watch for on Election Day

What's even more interesting is that after reading this article(I presume), that was your takeaway.

13 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I will readily admit that this is anecdotal evidence at best so take that for what it is worth. I teach mostly seniors in high school (Many who were voting for the first time in this election). I work in a district that would be classified as pretty fairly conservative. Just listening to the kids talk about the election* the past week there was a lot of "No one is going to tell me what I can do with my body,"  or "Why do men think they can control women" or some form of boys saying "I don't really care about abortion but I think individual women should have a choice in it and I don't want that taken from them." 

In the end abortion is a bad issue for Republicans and they need to ignore it and move on.

* Before anyone says anything and to be clear- I never engage in political talk with the kids. When asked who I voted for I always say "One of the two candidates." I never egg on the discussion either. I just hear the conversations that are being had at any given time. The most I ever do politically is when we read 1984 I take a veiled shot or two at both political parties and move on. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Another thing is that left wing media and the Democratic Party are for the most part in synch. Meanwhile Fox is pumping up candidates and McConnell isn’t backing or funding many of them.  

To your point I suppose-  Mitch did say a few months ago that this was a bad slate of candidates. 

The Republicans have a Favre/Rodgers situation. Just like the Packers finally said thanks for the one title and all the thrills Brett, you did some great stuff and it was fun, but we have another younger, better guy now. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I still can't believe they thought stupid Dr oz was their best shot.  Everyone hates Dr oz except Oprah fans, and they're all liberal.

Yeah, that was a bit weird. 

I don't remember what thread it was but I didn't think there was going to be a huge red wave.

15 hours ago, RLLD said:

Oh yeah, and I will relish watching CNN implode.....think I will turn to a nice Chianti tonight....:D

How was the Chianti? :( 

So after all said and done we will probably end up 50/50 still in the Senate?

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

That was in PA. But a lot of Trump backed candidates lost. And if Walker loses the Georgia (run off I'd presume) that is on Trump as well. 

Even still though- with inflation as bad as it was, and gas prices, and crime, and all that- people still said "Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to go with people who deny elections and all that."

Dems have been denying election reults since Bush/Gore. Not to mention Hilary, Abrams...

Lucky for them most of you have the memory of goldfish. 

Another thing on PA...in the aftermath of the Dobbs decision there were 47,000 young people who registered as new voters and Democrats. 40,000 people registered as Independents which is both new people coming in and selecting a party, but also people flipping from one party to a more "neutral" position.

PA is usually decided by less than 100,000 votes. 

43 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Because the population gets dumber as time goes by. It's totally over for this country now. When the country is a total disaster and they still vote in a vegetable (that being said Dr Oz was a horrible choice. The woman should have been the R candidate) and at the same time a candidate takes the biden route of hiding until the election is over AND looks to be winning, forget it. The low IQ population doesn't care that they are paying 2-3 x more for everything. At least we got rid of fat disgusting abrams and bedo once & for all.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Because the population gets dumber as time goes by. It's totally over for this country now. When the country is a total disaster and they still vote in a vegetable (that being said Dr Oz was a horrible choice. The woman should have been the R candidate) and at the same time a candidate takes the biden route of hiding until the election is over AND looks to be winning, forget it. The low IQ population doesn't care that they are paying 2-3 x more for everything. At least we got rid of fat disgusting abrams and bedo once & for all.

So many excuses- the GOP ran a bad candidate and lost. Many in the PA GOP party thought McCormick was the better choice and would've walked. 

Also, driving through PA there was just not a ton of excitement for Oz. You didn't see signs for him. They sent out almost nothing for him. Again- I'm a registered Republican- I got 1 thing in the mail for him this election cycle and it came on Saturday. 1 piece of mail. The one down ballot Republican candidate I averaged 8 mailings for them a week from September until election day. Mastriano I got absolutely nothing for in the entire election cycle. The PA GOP ran from him in every single way. Oz ran from him. 

Oz was painted by the Fetterman campaign as a carpetbagger and a Hollywood elite who didn't care about the working man in Philadelphia. Oz gave them tons of material for it the whole race. His whole grocery store thing about "I'm trying to buy some stuff for a crudité." There is no working person in the middle of the state who calls it that. And Oz's video was him buying salsa and asparagus. Dude- in PA it's a veggie tray with carrots, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, and ample amounts of ranch dressing.

Then the weekend before the election in Latrobe, PA (a working class town, the home of Rolling Rock beer, and Steelers mini camp for years) he says  "Make a call before the Steelers game tomorrow..." the Steelers were on the bye. You can't make these errors. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Abortion and tuition stuff.    Abortion Rs should have left alone.  The tuition forgiveness is just a liberal tactic that is always going to work.  Don't fix any sort of problem with the setup of school but buy votes for now.  People that are 25 can't see more than 2 weeks ahead.

Once again goes to the fact that the country is just getting dumber. No way the debt gets forgiven and now that the election is over, biden won't even mention it. It did its job on the stupid and gullible. They still will have to pay their loans. But like you said, they won't remember the buttfocking biden gave them.

If a woman is just voting on the abortion issue that woman is an idiot. Use birth control. Problem solved. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Watch Joe Biden, Fetterman and Hershel Walker all speak in public.  JFC we are idiots. 

and Elvira in Michigan won?  The crazy Governor who was locking down people?

Yes, we, the collective electorate are idiots.  

Stacy Abrams- 105 million. This is about more than trying to win an election. This is spreading ideology. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Watch Joe Biden, Fetterman and Hershel Walker all speak in public.  JFC we are idiots. 

They continue to get people that live in shitholes to vote for them. And they will still be shitholes next year. And the year after that….

In a year when inflation is sky high and Biden’s poll numbers have cratered, the GOP decided to run on abortion, drag queen story hour and re-litigating a 2 year old election. 

Heckuva job. :doh: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also, Katie Muth won the 44th district for PA. She is as close to a MILF as the Democratic side has. They need to run her more in front of the party. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, Katie Muth won the 44th district for PA. She is as close to a MILF as the Democratic side has. They need to run her more in front of the party. 

The newbie in Michigan looked strong too, was hoping she would win but didn’t look good. 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes once again the GOP placed a person who had zero grassroots support. Wasn't fighting for people during COVID and just appeared 6 weeks before the primary.  I knew Tutor wasn't going to win. Tutor had a hard-line approach on abortion. Say what you want but women want the ability to kill babies. It's more important to them than the lockdowns, inflation, shortages etc...

It's also frustrating to see the Liberal strongholds voting 70+% democrat while Red counties only vote 55-65% GOP.

AOC, other 'Squad' members win landslide victories in 2022 elections

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-other-squad-members-win-landslide-victories-2022-elections

AOC and the ‘Squad’ set to welcome new members after progressive wins in multiple states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-and-the-squad-set-welcome-new-members-progressive-wins-multiple-states

I'm good with straight up gridlock. Best case scenario really, not like the Democrats should be taking a victory lap here either. What's the rallying cry, we didn't get blown out... :dunno:

Not a great night for either party.

Bottom line, time to move on from Trump and who cares if liberals want to murder their babies. Move on from both, which has been my position this election cycle. At least it's obvious to everyone else now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MDC said:

How was the Chianti? :( 

It was delightful actually.  Looks like the people have spoken, I see good and bad here.  The good is that Republicans will take the house and we can finally see some investigations into the corruption around the Bidens, Ukraine and COVID.  Not sure what might come out of that but at least some attempt at justice might arise.

I sorta see the Senate being static as a positive. I hope it leads to a muting of any attempt on the part of Republicans to pursue retribution for the fake impeachments and try to do the same to Biden. I truly hope they do not further weaken the nation as the Democrats have. 

Other than that, stalemate in the Senate is good for us, Republicans owning the House is good for us....anywhere a Republican became Governor means crime will be dealt with instead of being tolerated.

Not a great or horrible night for either side.  Sadly, the Democrats have not been held fully accountable for their bad policies that are killing people.....so they likely keep it uop, and next year will be worse than this one economically. 😞

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It was delightful actually.  Looks like the people have spoken, I see good and bad here.  The good is that Republicans will take the house and we can finally see some investigations into the corruption around the Bidens, Ukraine and COVID.  Not sure what might come out of that but at least some attempt at justice might arise.

I sorta see the Senate being static as a positive. I hope it leads to a muting of any attempt on the part of Republicans to pursue retribution for the fake impeachments and try to do the same to Biden. I truly hope they do not further weaken the nation as the Democrats have. 

Other than that, stalemate in the Senate is good for us, Republicans owning the House is good for us....anywhere a Republican became Governor means crime will be dealt with instead of being tolerated.

Not a great or horrible night for either side.  Sadly, the Democrats have not been held fully accountable for their bad policies that are killing people.....so they likely keep it uop, and next year will be worse than this one economically. 😞

Copium is a helluva drug. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Copium is a helluva drug. :lol: 

It's politics, not personal, it would be like caring so much you wreck your TV because the wrong team won the Super Bowl.

I leave it to folks like you to make it something internal. I do lament that I cannot get a chance to watch the racists at MSNBC or the leftists at CNN cry about it....I would really have enjoyed that.

Meh, unlike the people that vote Democrat I can see what is real. Inflation is real, despite what the retard in the white house tries to tell you. Crime is also real despite the best efforts of Democrats to pretend it away. 

Knowing is the key, and the writing is on the wall, this will embolden Biden to continue to harm people, and Democrats as well to enable criminals. The people made their choice, now they can move to Florida as it gets ever worse. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

You really need to move past the COVID stuff. I didn’t realize quite how far you had gone down that crazy conspiracy hole. Most reasonable people think that proper measures were taken and every wave was worse than the one before until after the third wave — which is typical for pandemics. You weren’t winning that battle at the time and it sure as hell doesn’t matter now that it’s over :doh: 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think the country just continues to go more left, maybe accelerated in this techy/beta/video game/25 gender world.    Old generations of hard workers die out.  Replaced with new generations of lazy whiny kids and it just goes more and more left.   Republicans will gain in bumps and spikes.  But in the long run it will be like trying to play tug o war but the right is standing in mud.  Republicans are making gains with the youth, blacks, and latinos.  Yet tough overall progress because the population as a whole is just turning weaker and more reliant.   

if roe v wade wasnt struck down, obviously this is a much redder election.  but then you have to ask yourself what would you rather have?

1.  a GOP government that never pushes its agenda but wins more often.
2.  a GOP government that does things like strike down roe in exchange for winning less.

i hear some republicans complain that the republicans never do anything when they get voted in.  i hear other republicans complain that the wins are underwhelming.  but you build political capital to spend it.  Trump's victory in 2016 resulted in repealing Obamacare and overturning Roe and in exchange, the democrats had slightly better election outcomes in 2020 and 2022.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You really need to move past the COVID stuff. I didn’t realize quite how far you had gone down that crazy conspiracy hole. Most reasonable people think that proper measures were taken and every wave was worse than the one before until after the third wave — which is typical for pandemics. You weren’t winning that battle at the time and it sure as hell doesn’t matter now that it’s over :doh: 

No I will not.  People lost jobs, restaurants were closed FOREVER. Out of business.  There were beaches and parks closed for the love of baby Jesus.  My kids were outside playing soccer games in 90 degrees with masks on.  Drug abuse, mental health issues all rose because of lockdowns. Childrens test scores, all plummeted due to lockdowns. It was over the top insane. I will never forget.  Go fock yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1