nobody

Jeff Saturday hired as new Colts head coach and that's raciss

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Saturday wasn't even interested in the job, he stated he didn't even consider himself a candidate for ANY HC job. Coincidentally neither did anyone else. 

He is in that role to lose. Period.

The Irsays are a despicable family of people 

They could have accomplished the same thing by leaving Frank Reich at the helm. 

granted, fan base expectations can now be lowered and losing can be more tolerated because Saturday is a beloved old colt 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

Saturday wasn't even interested in the job, he stated he didn't even consider himself a candidate for ANY HC job. Coincidentally neither did anyone else. 

He is in that role to lose. Period.

The Irsays are a despicable family of people 

Keep in mind irsay hired his workout buddy, grigson to be his GM when they had Andrew Luck.  He's just dumb.

Did you know that Frank Reich is the son of a former NFl'er......but Frank only has daughters....so we can be sure there will be no third Reich.....😑

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nobody said:

Keep in mind irsay hired his workout buddy, grigson to be his GM when they had Andrew Luck.  He's just dumb.

I know right? I mean, what in the actual fock.... :dunno:

On 11/9/2022 at 10:45 PM, craftsman said:

As an NFL fan, for the first time this year I would actually be interested in watching a Colts game. :dunno:

Why?  Because of Jeff Saturday?

Former Browns LT Joe Thomas is DEEPLY offended that companies just go out and hire whomever they want.  Fock freedom!!!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-hiring-of-jeff-saturday-the-most-egregious-thing-i-can-ever-remember-happening-in-the-nfl-says-former-browns-ol-joe-thomas-165749000.html

“The disrespect that NFL coaches have to feel when they saw that this hire was made is higher than almost anything I can ever possibly remember in the NFL,” Thomas said. “... When I saw this, I thought it was a joke. ... It was the most egregious thing I can ever remember happening in the NFL, and I went 1-31 my last two years in the NFL.”

Things more egregious than a stupid coaching hire that happened in the NFL

1. Rae Curruth killed someone
  2. Ray Lewis killed someone
  3. Leonard Little killed someone
  4. Marvin Harrison killed someone
  5. Henry Ruggs killed someone
  6. Donte Stallworth killed someone
  7. Pacman Jones involved in a shooting in Vegas that paralyzed a guy
  8. NFL actively covered up concussion effects of players
  9. Ben Roethlisberger raped a chick
  10. Ray Rice beat the living sh¡t out of some chick
  11. Deshaun Watson jerked off in front of 20+ unconsenting massage therapist
  12. Chargers/Pittsburgh game in 2008 that was clearly fixed.  Watch the clip here if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnO5n7XhhoU
  13. Didn't Albert Haynesworth stomp on a guy's head and cut him open
  14. Brian Flores was apparently paid to tank games for the dolphins

There may be - I don't know - hundreds more.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

One thing is for certain...  Jeff Saturday is already a better HC than Josh McDaniels!  :lol:

• Thanks 1

Jeff Saturday wining his first game as head coach is the equivalent of making The Waterboy your middle linebacker and having him lead you to a win in the Bourbon Bowl. 

12 hours ago, phillybear said:

Jeff Saturday wining his first game as head coach is the equivalent of making The Waterboy your middle linebacker and having him lead you to a win in the Bourbon Bowl. 

In what way?

13 hours ago, phillybear said:

It was 32 degrees today so there is no global warming. 

A former All Pro center, who always seemed football intelligent and a team leader was hired as an interim coach.  Who gives a Fock, the reaction to that hiring is mind boggling. 

20 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’m surprised they let him start Matt Ryan, unless they’ve already given up on Ehlinger 

JMHO.....Ehlinger is at best a backup journeyman... start him was akin to waiving the white flag....and from what I hear was a decision from the owner.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Bill Cowher is now pearl clutching over this.  go to bed grandma.

Yeah, that was weird.  Why all the drama? One of the strangest “stories” this year.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, nobody said:

Things more egregious than a stupid coaching hire that happened in the NFL

1. Rae Curruth killed someone
  2. Ray Lewis killed someone
  3. Leonard Little killed someone
  4. Marvin Harrison killed someone
  5. Henry Ruggs killed someone
  6. Donte Stallworth killed someone
  7. Pacman Jones involved in a shooting in Vegas that paralyzed a guy
  8. NFL actively covered up concussion effects of players
  9. Ben Roethlisberger raped a chick
  10. Ray Rice beat the living sh¡t out of some chick
  11. Deshaun Watson jerked off in front of 20+ unconsenting massage therapist
  12. Chargers/Pittsburgh game in 2008 that was clearly fixed.  Watch the clip here if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnO5n7XhhoU
  13. Didn't Albert Haynesworth stomp on a guy's head and cut him open
  14. Brian Flores was apparently paid to tank games for the dolphins

There may be - I don't know - hundreds more.

Aaron Hernandez 

22 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

A former All Pro center, who always seemed football intelligent and a team leader was hired as an interim coach.  Who gives a Fock, the reaction to that hiring is mind boggling. 

I don`t get why anyone but the organization cares who they fire or hire.

16 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

People need to pander/white knight.

41 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

People that think they should have been considered might care

I hope Saturday and the Colts win out so that all these folks complaining will be forced to open a big ol' can of STFU.

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

I hope Saturday and the Colts win out so that all these folks complaining will be forced to open a big ol' can of STFU.

Me too. Until the next to last game of the season. 

Colts are beating the Eagles at the half.

Gotta wonder if Cowher and Thomas running their damn mouths with petty politics has fired up the Colts to play today.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:57 PM, KSB2424 said:

I mean I get the reaction. Dude didn’t even coach at the college level, and if he’s just a lame duck interim coach, you could have promoted someone already on staff. It’s eyebrow raising for sure. 

but I agree, he’s a legendary all pro Colt, very intelligent. If you’re going to make a weird hire, this is one that theoretically could work 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I mean I get the reaction. Dude didn’t even coach at the college level, and if he’s just a lame duck interim coach, you could have promoted someone already on staff. It’s eyebrow raising for sure. 

but I agree, he’s a legendary all pro Colt, very intelligent. If you’re going to make a weird hire, this is one that theoretically could work 

its a free country.  quotas suck. you should get THAT, not the horrible reactions.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

its a free country.  quotas suck. you should get THAT, not the horrible reactions.

The race angle was dumb, but it was still a bit shocking.  I believe it is the 1st HC in NFL history that never coached in college or the NFL.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The race angle was dumb, but it was still a bit shocking.  I believe it is the 1st HC in NFL history that never coached in college or the NFL.

not possible

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I believe it is the 1st HC in NFL history that never coached in college or the NFL.

Norm Van Brocklin went straight from QBing the Eagles to head coach for the Vikings.

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Colts are beating the Eagles at the half.

Gotta wonder if Cowher and Thomas running their damn mouths with petty politics has fired up the Colts to play today.

If the Colts need old hat Bill Cowher's words to fire them up they are losers. 

IND ended up losing at the very end even though they were under dogs.  I'm sure a minority coach would've made the difference. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

If the Colts need old hat Bill Cowher's words to fire them up they are losers. 

worked for the pats.

Take away the race aspect for a minute (from both sides of the argument).....does anyone want to argue that Jeff Saturday was qualified for the position? Really his hire was an insult to white and black coaches all up and down the NFL and college ranks. 

52 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

not possible

46 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Norm Van Brocklin went straight from QBing the Eagles to head coach for the Vikings.

Apologies.  First since Van Brocklin 61 years ago

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/jeff-saturday-becomes-first-head-coach-with-no-college-or-pro-coaching-experience-in-61-years/

• Confused 1

Saturday is probably an exceptional leader of men with a great football IQ. Irsay would obviously know this.  Thats all they need.  Dudes will run through walls for a leader that they want to follow. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

https://www.woodypaige.com/can-jeff-saturday-do-for-the-indianapolis-colts-what-larry-dierker-did-for-the-houston-astros/markknudson41/

Dierker was pretty successful, never coaching in his life

What made John Elway qualified to GM? 

I said earlier that I know it has happened more recently in other sports