wiffleball

The Chinese are revolting!

I wish.

Just yesterday we got our closest brush with COVID when delivery driver to a nearby beverage/milk tea/coffee store tested positive. I anticipate things around here are going to get really stupid, really fast in the next few days.

We have plane tickets for Dec 13th and I have likely taught my last class ... not by choice.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Revolting - that's pretty racist. 

You ever hear them slurp noodles? They're disgusting people. And I don't think they've ever actually heard of kleenex.

29 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I wish.

Just yesterday we got our closest brush with COVID when delivery driver to a nearby beverage/milk tea/coffee store tested positive. I anticipate things around here are going to get really stupid, really fast in the next few days.

We have plane tickets for Dec 13th and I have likely taught my last class ... not by choice.

It's interesting that this is your closest brush. In the last year or so, I've had not one but two clients with whom I'd spent an hour our two behind a closed door in my office call me the next day at say they had COVID. No one gives a fock anymore over here. Almost no one wears masks, and there is zero social distancing. 

I'm thinking the combination of vaccinations plus heard immunity has worked to a large degree over here.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'm thinking the combination of vaccinations plus heard immunity has worked to a large degree over here.

I'm curious what the vax rate is in China. 

I find it funny how they name the babies.  Apparently the father takes a set of cooking pans and throws it down the stairs.  Whatever sound it makes is the name.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's interesting that this is your closest brush. In the last year or so, I've had not one but two clients with whom I'd spent an hour our two behind a closed door in my office call me the next day at say they had COVID. No one gives a fock anymore over here. Almost no one wears masks, and there is zero social distancing. 

In February 2020, we had 14 in the initial surge, including 13 friends and family of one person. Then nothing until September of this year when an elderly man tested positive after getting off the train from Chengdu plus his taxi driver. So that was two more. Now this delivery driver, again from Chengdu. Until now, everyone but the taxi driver has lived on the other side of town. The taxi driver lives relatively near.

We had a whole lot of nothing until yesterday. One of the delivery driver's stops yesterday was a bullseye on my community. None of the people at that tea shop, nor his other stops have tested positive.

I had to cancel my Sunday afternoon classes. Everyone around here was required to get tested yesterday and we're all required to get tested again today because one guy with COVID was in the area for five minutes.

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm curious what the vax rate is in China. 

They have two Chinese vaccines that are barely above the WHO's minimum guidelines. It's an authoritarian country that keeps its people terrified of COVID so I imagine vaccination rates are high.

After being asleep at the switch and totally focking up the initial Wuhan disaster, the Chinese got their act together and COVID was under control. No joke. It stopped being a problem here at all, the lockdowns were effective, we led ordinary lives, and the CCP deserves credit for that. Well, until the Omicron variant came along. They never dialed back the policy. Omicron and the mutations since then are increasingly less deadly but also super contagious and it's given them fits.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

... not to mention, apparently pretty upset about covid.

anybody with a brain should rebel against the Plandemic

People have been rioting all over the globe against the mandates & lockdowns but they haven't been covering them on mainstream news

Same with the crooked Elections

• Haha 1

I was just out there for my now-daily-for-the-immidiate-future COVID test. I waited in line for 35 minutes. I'm pleasantly surprised the community isn't totally locked down; the only place shut is the tea shop where the COVID delivery guy was on Saturday. 75% of people are wearing masks today, up from 15% usually.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

In February 2020, we had 14 in the initial surge, including 13 friends and family of one person. Then nothing until September of this year when an elderly man tested positive after getting off the train from Chengdu plus his taxi driver. So that was two more. Now this delivery driver, again from Chengdu. Until now, everyone but the taxi driver has lived on the other side of town. The taxi driver lives relatively near.

We had a whole lot of nothing until yesterday. One of the delivery driver's stops yesterday was a bullseye on my community. None of the people at that tea shop, nor his other stops have tested positive.

I had to cancel my Sunday afternoon classes. Everyone around here was required to get tested yesterday and we're all required to get tested again today because one guy with COVID was in the area for five minutes.

Geez, it's not that big a deal, unless you're some anti-vax dumbass with co-morbidities and thinks his macho exhibitionism will kick ass on the virus. 

None of my clients who died from COVID were vaccinated. Not one, and I lost more than a few of them.

I don't get why China is so alarmist about it other than an another opportunity to suppress people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

anybody with a brain should rebel against the Plandemic

People have been rioting all over the globe against the mandates & lockdowns but they haven't been covering them on mainstream news

Same with the crooked Elections

This is like so two years ago. Move along, little camper.

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'm thinking the combination of vaccinations plus heard immunity has worked to a large degree over here.

I'm laughing at the bolded and crying laughing at the underlined misspelled word right after...or vice versa. I'm not sure which, yet.

~Meow

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I'm laughing at the bolded and crying laughing at the underlined misspelled word right after...or vice versa. I'm not sure which, yet.

~Meow

I dread calling-out such things ... 

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Geez, it's not that big a deal, unless you're some anti-vax dumbass with co-morbidities and thinks his macho exhibitionism will kick ass on the virus. 

None of my clients who died from COVID were vaccinated. Not one, and I lost more than a few of them.

I don't get why China is so alarmist about it other than an another opportunity to suppress people.

If you die because you chose not to get the vaccine so what. It doesn’t affect anyone else. 

Hopefully, Voltaire can get him and his family out.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I was just out there for my now-daily-for-the-immidiate-future COVID test. I waited in line for 35 minutes. I'm pleasantly surprised the community isn't totally locked down; the only place shut is the tea shop where the COVID delivery guy was on Saturday. 75% of people are wearing masks today, up from 15% usually.

So... China's approach is to have everyone wait in line breathing on each other to get a test to see if one of them shouldn't be breathing on other people?  :dunno: 

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Is this a required test or by choice?  Do they have at-home tests over there?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

So... China's approach is to have everyone wait in line breathing on each other to get a test to see if one of them shouldn't be breathing on other people?  :dunno: 

And we don't social distance. Oh, that's not the half of it. They pull people out of their homes and quarantine them in notoriously unsanitary conditions, not for having COVID, but for having been in contact with somebody with COVID. You go sleep on a cot in a warehouse with not enough restroom facilities in super-close proximity to a bunch of other people like you that may have COVID but the vast majority probably don't. 

If you don't have an updated COVID test you can't go shopping or to school or even get emergency medical care. Multiple stories of people dying due to not having updated COVID tests, that have near 0% chance of having COVID including young children.

The entire country is in psychosis and whooped into paranoia. One of the top questions we get asked when we say we are going back to the US is if we're worried about COVID. They point out, correctly, that the number of "COVID deaths" in the US is over 1M, which is kind o fa padded number as you know. 

There's tons of examples on Youtube of people being focked with, I'd link some but my VPN is totally getting focked over and losing the war with the CCP lately. These last few weeks, it's been down way more than it's been up.

32 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is this a required test or by choice?  Do they have at-home tests over there?

It's supposed to be mandatory. Since my daughters go to school, and my wife and I teach -it was once a week for all of us- for now back to every day like it was in early September because we have had a COVID case locally. Now, my son is being homeschooled and my MIL seldom goes anywhere that requires so we don't take them too often. We're supposed to but its too inconvenient and the government can get focked. If they want to go to the mall or on public transportation or the movies or something, need an updated test, so my son and MiL would not be allowed on/in a variety of places right now. 

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is like so two years ago. Move along, little camper.

clueless

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They point out, correctly, that the number of "COVID deaths" in the US is over 1M, which is kind o fa padded number as you know. 

It’s not though.  It’s just that the majority of them happened pre-Omicron so with that and so many people having immunity it’s not much of a concern any more 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So glad I don't live in China.

...yet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yet, what?

This type of stuff is getting closer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

In the US?  Seems far from it.

Agreed it does seem far from it, but it can happen fast. Next Pandemic I can see it happening. I mean hell some still want vaccine passports to enter concerts and sporting events Both Canada and Australia sent people to camps. Sure they were hotels although I think Austalia had actual camps.

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Agreed it does seem far from it, but it can happen fast. Next Pandemic I can see it happening. I mean hell some still want vaccine passports to enter concerts and sporting events Both Canada and Australia sent people to camps. Sure they were hotels although I think Austalia had actual camps.

I think that the majority of people feel that the lock downs did more to hurt us than it did to help.  I don't see the US making that same mistake again.  The one's who want to lock everything down and have passports are the minority from what I've experienced.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yet, what?

I've got a fully furnished apartment in mild weather that can house six and can be rented cheaply. Great place to spend the winter. Totally COVID-free.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I've got a fully furnished apartment in mild weather that can house six and can be rented cheaply. Great place to spend the winter.

I'm not going there with all the covid crap they have going on.  They probably wouldn't let me in the country because I'm not vaccinated anyway.

How has it taken them 3000 years to see this?  About time they opened their eyes...

17 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Just like Iran, it will fizzle out.

And like Iran, the US govt will not help in any way. They will appear to show support yet secretly want any uprising to fail. Peace is not good for the business of making $.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The initial test was a tremendous success for future lockdowns. You just have to scare the people.