WhiteWonder

No topic on George Santos?

Haha you guys are focking dumb.

112 republicans voted to keep Santos, including all the top leaders!

More republicans voted to keep him then ship him out :doublethumbsup:

I actually think the arguments made yesterday to not expel him made some sense. There’s been no trial. No finding of guilt. Personally I think he’s guilty as hell but this isn’t the way our system is supposed to work. 

And the other point is that the voters haven’t been given a say about this. Now based on polling they would vote to remove him. But polling isn’t the same as officially voting. They elected the guy and now he has been expelled and they were not given the chance to weigh in. 

Maybe somebody can give me a good reason why this lying sack of crap should be removed without a trial and without say from those that elected him. But I think I would have voted against. 

43 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I actually think the arguments made yesterday to not expel him made some sense. There’s been no trial. No finding of guilt. Personally I think he’s guilty as hell but this isn’t the way our system is supposed to work. 

And the other point is that the voters haven’t been given a say about this. Now based on polling they would vote to remove him. But polling isn’t the same as officially voting. They elected the guy and now he has been expelled and they were not given the chance to weigh in. 

Maybe somebody can give me a good reason why this lying sack of crap should be removed without a trial and without say from those that elected him. But I think I would have voted against. 

You don’t need to have that, it isn’t an impeachment proceeding. So it’s a pretty disingenuous argument really. I guess they’re saying US Congressmen should have to be impeached just like presidents and members of the judiciary, but that’s not the way it was set up and probably for pretty good reason. I mean you’re just one of 435 in Congress.

The real issue for the Rs is they have a super slim majority as it is and don’t want to lose even one vote. Also they might be worried ol’ Georgey will squeal on em — after all he publicly threatened to do so 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You don’t need to have that, it isn’t an impeachment proceeding. So it’s a pretty disingenuous argument really. I guess they’re saying US Congressmen should have to be impeached just like presidents and members of the judiciary, but that’s not the way it was set up and probably for pretty good reason. I mean you’re just one of 435 in Congress.

The real issue for the Rs is they have a super slim majority as it is and don’t want to lose even one vote. Also they might be worried ol’ Georgey will squeal on em — after all he publicly threatened to do so 

I know that’s the real reason they voted against so you’re probably right what they said was disingenuous. But even so I still think it’s somewhat of a decent argument. 

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Haha you guys are focking dumb.

112 republicans voted to keep Santos, including all the top leaders!

More republicans voted to keep him then ship him out :doublethumbsup:

Oh so digby lied?  Shocker

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Oh so digby lied?  Shocker

Or he’s just focking stoopid. Always hard to tell with him 🤔 

• Haha 1

He was my classmate at fake astronaut school, and demonstrated incredible talent at faking being an astronaut. It's all disappointing. Hopefully he stars in a remake of "Fletch."

I completely understand and agree with Santos being booted.

Can someone please explain how none of the squad have been booted?

also, digby for congress!

Just now, edjr said:

I completely understand and agree with Santos being booted.

Can someone please explain how none of the squad have been booted?

Has the squad stolen money and been investigated by a bi-partisan committee and found likely to have broken tons of laws?

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Has the squad stolen money and been investigated by a bi-partisan committee and found likely to have broken tons of laws?

:huh:  those are the only qualifications for being dispelled? :wacko:

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Defending the squad now. What a clown. 

• Thanks 1

I was torn on this.   Guy is definitely a pos.  However without a trial and conviction it gets dicey.  

59 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nobody should be expelled for their views no matter how repellent you (and I) might find them. That needs to be up to the  voters. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I was torn on this.   Guy is definitely a pos.  However without a trial and conviction it gets dicey.  

There was a bi-partisan committee that put out a long list of shady crap that he's done.  If anyone deserves to get booted, it's him.  Look at all the Rs who voted to boot him, that should tell you all that you need to know.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Defending the squad now. What a clown. 

Please quote where I defended the squad moron.

Does it hurt to be as foolishly partisan as you are?  Like is it physically painful to have nothing but "liberals are evil" rolling around in your empty head all day?

Just a worthless tool you are. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I don't believe there are "qualifications."  It's happened only a few times in history despite the long history of moron loudmouths, see the squad and MTG for example.  There needs to be overwhelming evidence of actual crimes.

I would have preferred had they waited and allowed him due process in the courts before taking this action.  in the mean time they could have simply had the Sergeant at Arms bea itch slap him every time he entered the chamber.  Isn't that what the Sergeant at Arms is there for?

• Haha 1

Gotta hand it to the NY state Republican Party for not nipping this in the Bud. Then again, they would have been branded racist/ phobic if they did. Perhaps the liberal media on Long Island like that rag Newsday could have done some work on him?  Nah, He’s a  gay Latinx. They would never. 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:47 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I think the only justification really needed is that the House has the right to remove him.

7 hours ago, edjr said:

From what I have read it just needs 2/3 vote.  GOP wanted this guy out so here we are.

Was he driven there by Menendez?

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Looks like he has been eating copious amounts of carbs.

Maybe to prepare himself for his prison food diet. 

Thantos 2028 

He's back!

George Santos announces he’s running for Congress again

Former GOP Rep. George Santos, who was expelled from the House last year and is facing federal charges, announced Thursday night that he’s running for Congress again — this time to challenge a Republican congressman in New York.

“Tonight, I want to announce that I will be returning to the arena of politics and challenging Nick for the battle over #NY1,” Santos wrote on X, referring to GOP Rep. Nick LaLota. “I look forward to debating him on the issues and on his weak record as a Republican. The fight for our majority is imperative for the survival of the country.”

The former congressman, who had represented New York’s 3rd District, made his announcement during President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address Thursday — during which he was spotted at the US Capitol.