wiffleball

Nikki Haley in 2024!

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I like to have fun and bust chops in here but I'm being dead serious. 

Well, you are League Champion.

She's a typical politician and we're in times where someone who has and wants to use courageous discernment would be helpful. There are certain things DeSantis does that I don't agree with, but gut wise, I read him as "self-possessed," and the overwhelming majority of politicians aren't. We can't afford more NPC presidents. Trump wasn't one, but he also had some glaring discernment blindspots.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:14 AM, avoiding injuries said:

MTG doesn’t care for her…

MTG is gross.  

• Like 1

Trump is to toxic.  Mostly he was railroaded by a biased media but he also has zero self control and is petty to a fault.  

My wish is he would make waves on the sidelines.  Bring his America First energy to the party but not run.  But he’s way to Alpha Male for that.  

Desantis and Rand Paul are my two wish list items.  I think Nikki would be a strong VP candidate as she checks boxes and would be strong in VP debates. She would wipe the floor against Kamala.  

She’s not perfect but I don’t need perfect, I want better and want to actually win.  

44 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Trump is to toxic.  Mostly he was railroaded by a biased media but he also has zero self control and is petty to a fault.  

My wish is he would make waves on the sidelines.  Bring his America First energy to the party but not run.  But he’s way to Alpha Male for that.  

Desantis and Rand Paul are my two wish list items.  I think Nikki would be a strong VP candidate as she checks boxes and would be strong in VP debates. She would wipe the floor against Kamala.  

She’s not perfect but I don’t need perfect, I want better and want to actually win.  

This is almost exactly what I'd like to see. The only change would be about Trump. He's too petty and fragile to ever step aside or help someone other then himself. Trump isn't about conservatives or the Republican party. Trump is all about himself. DeSantis is obviously the future of the Republican Party. Trump would destroy him if he could. He goes scorched earth on everybody weather they deserve it or not. He's a me me me guy. 

Well, she knows how to appeal to the base.  :thumbsup:

Pastor Nikki Haley Idolizes Is Covered in Controversy

Acontroversial pastor who in the past has made disparaging comments about Jews and same-sex marriage opened Nikki Haley's campaign launch event on Wednesday.

John Hagee is the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church that touts more than 22,000 active members.

He gave a prayer during Haley's first public event in her home state of South Carolina after declaring her candidacy for the 2024 presidential race.

Following the legalization of gay marriage in the U.S. in 2015, Hagee cited the Bible and rejected the notion that it was acceptable.

"Marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman," Hagee said, courtesy of a resurfaced video posted on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which monitors and exposes the activities of radical right political organizations. "Same-sex marriage will never be accepted in heaven as legitimate, so says God almighty.

"This Supreme Court has made America the new Sodom and Gomorrah. God will have to judge America, or he's going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah."

That comment was preceded by another made in 1999 in which Hagee, a televangelist at the time as well as a staunch supporter of Israel, said that "God sent Adolf Hitler to help Jews reach the promised land."

"Pastor Hagee, I still say I want to be you when I grow up," Haley said.

On 2/15/2023 at 4:06 PM, Mike Honcho said:

I can't judge until I know what her nickname is going to be.

Likky Taily?

On 2/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, KSB2424 said:

1. I Wood Not

2. While I'd prefer a few others in 2024, I think she'd be a decent President, but think her running is more a play for VP.    I think she is "in it" for the right reasons....and that in and of itself is appealing to me. 

they usually pick a veep that scares the other party.  so it will be a straight white male.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

they usually pick a veep that scares the other party.  so it will be a straight white male.

:o

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, she knows how to appeal to the base.  :thumbsup:

I am certainly no fan of Pastor Hagee. But Obama’s pastor was Jeremiah Wright. I don’t think we should be judging people by their pastors. 

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Nikki Haley fires back at Whoopi Goldberg: 'If my age is all they have, it means we’re winning'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nikki-haley-fires-back-whoopi-goldberg-my-age-all-they-have-means-were-winning

Forget Nikki Haley, but your 50’s is the perfect age for a politician.  50 years of life experience but still young enough for energy and vigor.  20’s and early 30’s you are still wet behind the ears.  70’s and 80’s you are either compromised or just to damn old. It’s not many but a Whoopie and a Lemon are so desperate to defend Biden they just make up stuff that makes ZERO sense.  

• Like 1

Trash hag who says what she believes will get her the votes. You could call her the female lindsey graham. Doesn't give a sh1t about anyone but herself. Whatever she is claiming she will do if elected most certainly won't happen. 

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Trash hag who says what she believes will get her the votes. You could call her the female lindsey graham. Doesn't give a sh1t about anyone but herself. Whatever she is claiming she will do if elected most certainly won't happen. 

Sounds just like Trump :lol:

Late last month, Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, got an unexpected call from Jamie Dimon, the chief executive of JPMorgan Chase. Mr. Dimon said he was impressed by Ms. Haley’s knowledge of policy details and her open-minded approach to complex issues raised in the Republican presidential race, according to a person familiar with what they discussed. Keep it up, he told her.

He wasn’t the only business heavyweight to say so.

In recent weeks, a number of chief executives, hedge fund investors and corporate deal makers from both parties have begun gravitating toward Ms. Haley and, in some cases, digging deeper into their pockets to help her.

Her ascent in the polls and strong debate performances have raised hopes among Republicans hungering to end the dominance of former President Donald J. Trump that maybe, just maybe, they have found a candidate who can do so.

“I’m a long way from making my mind up — something could change — but I’m very impressed with her,” said Kenneth G. Langone, the billionaire Home Depot co-founder, who has donated to Ms. Haley’s campaign and is considering giving more. “I think she’s a viable candidate. I would certainly like her over Trump.”

Here’s a link so that cranky bish @Strike can complain it’s behind a paywall 😂 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/24/us/politics/nikki-haley-trump-2024.html

Oh cool. I’d like to be ruled even more by the Jamie Dimons. I like Trump because the oligarchs don’t. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh cool. I’d like to be ruled even more by the Jamie Dimons. I like Trump because the oligarchs don’t. 

She is certainly a more traditional “establishment” type. Kind of hard to imagine the republicans going back to that, but someday there *will* be a post-Trump party, if only due to the passage of time

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

:lol:

a leftard loves Nikki darling until the general 

Just posting articles on current events, trying to edumecate your stupid ass :cheers:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

She is certainly a more traditional “establishment” type. Kind of hard to imagine the republicans going back to that, but someday there *will* be a post-Trump party, if only due to the passage of time

I don’t think so. America First is gonna be here for a while. Mostly because the left keeps putting others in front of Americans.  Hell, Biden and the left are already losing hispanic support. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think so. America First is gonna be here for a while. Mostly because the left keeps putting others in front of Americans.  Hell, Biden and the left are already losing hispanic support. 

Can't wait for the right to flip their stance on the border to keep those votes rolling in.  

4 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Can't wait for the right to flip their stance on the border to keep those votes rolling in.  

They’re getting the support because Hispanics don’t want them coming here either. Another one that thinks they all think the same. Probably don’t know any. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They’re getting the support because Hispanics don’t want them coming here either. Another one that thinks they all think the same. Probably don’t know any. 

Lol, nope none in the restaurant environment.  🤣 

Tim says a lot of dumb stuff, but I think he had it right in another post - those people align more with the right naturally.  Stop calling them rapists and animals, and they would vote red a lot more.  

You need to decide, you want me to go away or is it that you just can't quit me?  

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“America First” is a meaningless slogan. You mean isolationism. And I don’t think that’s possible in today’s world 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

“America First” is a meaningless slogan. You mean isolationism. And I don’t think that’s possible in today’s world 

Residents of the NYC Housing Authority usually receive a thanksgiving meal. When they showed up the food was gone. The illegals got it.  Funding for schools and police in NYC is being drastically cut due to the influx of illegals to their sanctuary city. I’m sure trade relations are on the forefront of their minds.  

26 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

the right doesn't have a problem and never has with people who are here legally, and those who come here legally are against others coming here illegally as well

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

no america first doesn't mean isolationism, it means take care of your own house before you go do sh1t in other countries, promote american business and american made, its that simple

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no america first doesn't mean isolationism, it means take care of your own house before you go do sh1t in other countries, promote american business and american made, its that simple

I think this is a bit more complicated when put into practice. For instance big business thinks having cheap labor is important part of making products easier to buy. Consumers like purchasing cheaper products. How is that unwound?

On 2/17/2023 at 7:49 AM, KSB2424 said:

MTG is gross.  

is she the one who gives handies in the theater? give me her

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the right doesn't have a problem and never has with people who are here legally, and those who come here legally are against others coming here illegally as well

Is showing up at the border, claiming asylum, and getting a court date a legal means of entry? 

Just now, BuckSwope said:

Is showing up at the border, claiming asylum, and getting a court date a legal means of entry? 

I don’t think so. It’s a manipulative measure taken about by those that fundamentally wish to transform the country. Why do you want that to happen? 

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

no absolutely not, nobody from central america or mexico qualifies under asylum laws

also even being granted asylum does not make you a citizen I do believe