Sign in to follow this  
WatsonRules

"Blind Side" subject Michael Oher says family scammed him

Oh my soul, this is going to be interesting going forward.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wonder why this is all coming out so late?

Sounds like he only recently learned about the conservatorship and what it included/didn't include. 

“The lie of Michael’s adoption is one upon which Co-Conservators Leigh Anne Tuohy and Sean Tuohy have enriched themselves at the expense of their Ward, the undersigned Michael Oher,” the legal filing states, per ESPN. “Michael Oher discovered this lie to his chagrin and embarrassment in February of 2023, when he learned that the Conservatorship to which he consented on the basis that doing so would make him a member of the Tuohy family, in fact provided him no familial relationship with the Tuohys.”

I don't doubt it, but surprised it had to come to legal action.  You'd think they would've just kicked him some money if he wanted it.

Let's assume he didn't just come flying off the top rope with a court order.  That means they told him to pound sand when he asked for a cut?  Maybe he thinks they made more than they did... or they're just complete a-holes.

Sounds like the  plot for the next movie.  

How could his agent not have him get any money from the movie?  (He had already been drafted when it came out).  That makes no sense

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

The whole movie is fiction. Why should someone get money because of a movie based on fiction?

Such as he was never adopted?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

How could his agent not have him get any money from the movie?  (He had already been drafted when it came out).  That makes no sense

Probably has something to do with the conservatorship. Since it happened recently, I am wondering if something else happened to make him look further into that and get a lawyer to check it all out. 

Like if the Tuohy's are suddenly dividing up assets or coming into more and he's like, "Hey, you guys adopted me, where's my cut of XYZ?" and they are like, "Ooopsie." 

I hope this not the case. I read about journe before the movie came out. Inspiring on many levels’ If it’s true, another mother has serious issues.😟

Tim McGraws character in that movie was 100 pct beta. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tim McGraws character in that movie was 100 pct beta. 

Maybe that's a good thing in this case.  An alpha wouldn't have allowed his wife to adopt a random kid, and then they wouldn't have had the opportunity to make millions of dollars off him.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Maybe that's a good thing in this case.  An alpha wouldn't have allowed his wife to adopt a random kid, and then they wouldn't have had the opportunity to make millions of dollars off him.

Yeah, that's a great thing to live with. And no adoption. 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The movie is based on a book by Michael Lewis, who also wrote Moneyball. I’m curious what his take is. 

10%? :dunno:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, frank said:

10%? :dunno:

:lol:

52 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Oof. Looks like the other team has the ball now. 

Sorta sad that it is coming to this.  Who knows what is true....

8 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Oof. Looks like the other team has the ball now. 

Not really. Nobody is denying they made millions off of him :dunno:

I thought the fat black big baby athlete was full of sh!t at the time these reports came out, but I waited for the truth. 

Here it is: https://sports.yahoo.com/blind-side-producers-detail-payouts-that-michael-oher-tuohy-family-received-053807875.html 

'Blind Side' producers detail payouts that Michael Oher, Tuohy family received

Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson pushed back against Oher's claim that the Tuohys received 'millions of dollars'

The production company that financially backed "The Blind Side" broke its silence Thursday after more than a week of the film’s subjects exchanging salacious accusations.

Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, co-founders of Alcon Entertainment, released a lengthy statement defending the movie’s authenticity and pushing back against Michael Oher’s claims that the Tuohy family has gotten rich at his expense.

Since the film’s 2009 release, Kosove and Johnson say that Alcon Entertainment has paid approximately $767,000 to the talent agency that represents the Tuohys and Oher. Kosove and Johnson described the deal as “consistent with the marketplace at that time for the rights of relatively unknown individuals.”

“It did not include significant payouts in the event of the film’s success,” they wrote. “As a result, the notion that the Tuohys were paid millions of dollars by Alcon to the detriment of Michael Oher is false.”

An attorney for the Tuohy family estimated last week that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, their two biological children and Oher have each pocketed about $100,000 apiece from the movie so far. That’s not wildly different from Alcon’s numbers, especially since Kosove and Johnson made a point of noting that the talent agency presumably took commission before passing the bulk of the money to the family.

Oher has alleged that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy and their two biological children collectively earned “millions of dollars” from the movie. He insists he received nothing for a story "that would not have existed without him."

Oher's supposed adoption out of poverty by the wealthy, white Tuohy family was the inspiration for "The Blind Side." The film became a massive hit, grossing more than $300 million at the box office and earning Sandra Bullock her first Oscar for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy.

In his petition to a Tennessee court last week, Oher alleged that he was never actually adopted and that he was misled into agreeing to a conservatorship. He is asking the court to compel the Tuohys to disclose their earnings from the movie and their use of his name, image and likeness. Then he wants to be paid what he believes he is owed.

Attorneys for the Tuohys responded to Oher’s lawsuit by describing it as a “shakedown” to extract money from the family that took him in and “loved him as a son.” Oher, according to Tuohy family attorney Steve Farese Sr., has been estranged from Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy for about a decade and recently has become “more and more vocal and more and more threatening.”

The rift between Oher and the Tuohys has been a harsh reality check for anyone who wanted to believe the real-life story was as perfect as the Hollywood version. And yet Kosove and Johnson bristled at how Oher’s lawsuit “seems to have given critics and journalists alike a justification to unfairly pick apart the movie fourteen years later.”

“The Blind Side is verifiably authentic,” they wrote, “and will never be a lie or fake, regardless of the familial ups and downs that have occurred subsequent to the film.”

I wonder.....has someone started whispering in this guys ear?  Selling him some nonsense?

How much did  Mo’Nique get for playing him in the movie? 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, seafoam1 said:

The whole movie is fiction. Why should someone get money because of a movie based on fiction?

Like The Avengers?

On 8/14/2023 at 5:47 PM, seafoam1 said:

So kinda like Sound of Freedom?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

So kinda like Sound of Freedom?

Never saw it. :dunno:

Go find someone else to whine to. 

6 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I thought the fat black big baby athlete was full of sh!t

Wow! Racist much? :thumbsdown:

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow! Racist much? :thumbsdown:

I knew this would come from some soft lefty. How's it racist? He's a black dude? I called him an athlete too, is athlete an insult or bigotry? Also, blacks are more likely to be butt hurt by white people and blame them and play the victim. Multi-million dollar athlete and he goes after his white adoptive parents that took him in, loved him and supported him. But whatever, you go white girl. If I was black I'd call him the N word and he'd deserve it. Truly pathetic what he's done here and says everything about him as a person, him specifically, not black people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I knew this would come from some soft lefty. How's it racist? He's a black dude? I called him an athlete too, is athlete an insult or bigotry? Also, blacks are more likely to be butt hurt by white people and blame them and play the victim. Multi-million dollar athlete and he goes after his white adoptive parents that took him in, loved him and supported him. But whatever, you go white girl. If I was black I'd call him the N word and he'd deserve it. Truly pathetic what he's done here and says everything about him as a person, him specifically, not black people.

You’re a loathsome individual. I try to cut you some slack — because, autism — but your view of humanity is so dim as to be disgusting 

On 8/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, IGotWorms said:

Not really. Nobody is denying they made millions off of him :dunno:

Well you were way wrong here. As usual.