Sign in to follow this  
smperry

Kadarius Toney

22 minutes ago, smperry said:

With Kelce out, what should we expect from Toney?

Disappointment. Though his off-season injury caused his adp to plummet, saving drafters from more pain.

well, he missed nearly all of training camp with the injury.   I wasnt expecting him to be in tune with the offense.

but  the drops are disappointing

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow he’s terrible 

he certainly was today.

I cant defend that.

I wasnt expecting a big performance as I figured he missed most of camp, so wouldnt be in tune with the offense.   but there is no excuse for the drops.

that's just plain ol terrible football no matter how you slice it and dice it.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

he certainly was today.

I cant defend that.

I wasnt expecting a big performance as I figured he missed most of camp, so wouldnt be in tune with the offense.   but there is no excuse for the drops.

that's just plain ol terrible football no matter how you slice it and dice it.

He’s just a numbskull. That was the knock on him in NY as well

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s just a numbskull. That was the knock on him in NY as well

I did notice he had a couple games like this in New York.   I figured he had lost that when he got to KC.  up til today he was looking ok.

but today was just a s**t sandwich.   I'm so glad I didnt have him starting, cuz I would have been pretty choked about it if I had.

What a stat line:

1 reception for 1 yard  5 targets, and at least 4 of those targets hit him right in the hands uncontested. 

1 rush for -1 yard.

Net 0 yards on 6 targets/rushes. 

Play in 2 leagues where we start 10 RB/WR/TE, and my 10th guy(s) in the 2 leagues this week are Toney & Marvin Jones.  Not the greatest starts.  3 combined catches for 9 yards.

KC's depth chart lists their top three Wr's as Toney, Scantling, and Moore. They combined for 3 rec, 49 yds, 0 Tds.

Typical Chiefs. Yet Mahomes will still throw 5,000 yds this season. So frustrating. 

48 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

KC's depth chart lists their top three Wr's as Toney, Scantling, and Moore. They combined for 3 rec, 49 yds, 0 Tds.

Typical Chiefs. Yet Mahomes will still throw 5,000 yds this season. So frustrating. 

not if Kelce misses significant time.

this weeks game it looked like he was the only one who knows how to catch the ball

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not if Kelce misses significant time.

this weeks game it looked like he was the only one who knows how to catch the ball

I wonder if Kelce missing the game caused part of the problem. All Chiefs plays are designed with Kelce on the field. Last night looked like they were drawing plays in the dirt.

Just now, GobbleDog said:

I wonder if Kelce missing the game caused part of the problem. All Chiefs plays are designed with Kelce on the field. Last night looked like they were drawing plays in the dirt.

I was wondering that myself.

I wouldnt go dumping all your KC players yet.   I'd want to see what the offense looks like with Kelce on the field.

though if you take away the drops the game wouldnt have been that bad, but the KC offense just didnt look scary like it usually does.   the Detroit offense looked more explosive.    that said I only watched the second half.  maybe the story was different in the first half.

Mahomes at least looked sharp.  nearly all the drops were close to being perfect throws.

it is also possible that multiple people just had bad days.   it happens sometimes.   and first game of the season you get this a bit more often than the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I was wondering that myself.

I wouldnt go dumping all your KC players yet.   I'd want to see what the offense looks like with Kelce on the field.

though if you take away the drops the game wouldnt have been that bad, but the KC offense just didnt look scary like it usually does.   the Detroit offense looked more explosive.    that said I only watched the second half.  maybe the story was different in the first half.

Mahomes at least looked sharp.  nearly all the drops were close to being perfect throws.

it is also possible that multiple people just had bad days.   it happens sometimes.   and first game of the season you get this a bit more often than the rest of the season.

Agreed, I'm holding Toney (he was my last round pick, but did get a lot of looks/targets).  One of his misses was another WR crossed in front of him (not his fault), could he lost some in the lights ?  Love to hear him speak.  He's talented, and Fat Andy said there were misses "we usually don't miss", so he knows that was not normal, Sky also had drops, same with Mckinnon.  The O looked off.  I think it was lack of playing together in the Preseason, Mahommes dropped back and just ran around looking for someone open, seemed almost every play was a broken play.

I’m seeing some over reactions on the little help board, one game and people are jumping.  I own S Moore on both of my leagues, he’s safely on the bench. He’s a back up.  

I saw a lot of throws behind or over the WRs.  Chalk this one up to a bad day all the way around.

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

I saw a lot of throws behind or over the WRs.  Chalk this one up to a bad day all the way around.

a couple were slightly off target, but a pro level receiver should be able to adjust and make at least some of those

I think the pick 6 was a slightly high throw caught on the tip(though my memory was a bit foggy on that so if I"m wrong dont crucify me)

but I agree, everyone seemed to be slightly out of sync.   I do seem to recall the chiefs looked a bit rusty week 1 last year too.   Though not nearly THIS bad.

5 hours ago, plasma george said:

Agreed, I'm holding Toney (he was my last round pick, but did get a lot of looks/targets).  One of his misses was another WR crossed in front of him (not his fault), could he lost some in the lights ? 

Disagree.  If you're playing thanksgiving football in your backyard, sure if someone passes in front of you drop the ball. 

If you're a professional wide receiver and you make 2M a year to catch footballs and the ball hits your hands, I don't care if someone runs in front of you.  Catch the ball.

Anyone taking a player on KC not named Kelce or Mahomes, learned nothing from last year.  No WR or RB last year, averaged 12 fpg.  Even those numbers don't reflect how useless they were.  Juju, the highest scoring player on that team, scored 16+ points 4 times.  The other 12 games that he played, he average 7.5 fpg (only 3 hit double digits).  Everyone, until proven otherwise, is at best a RB3 or WR4/5, at best.  If you drafted one of them to start, well, that's your fault.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nobody said:

Disagree.  If your playing thanksgiving football in your backyard, sure if someone passes in front of you drop the ball. 

If you're a professional wide receiver and you make 2M a year to catch footballs and the ball hits your hands, I don't care if someone runs in front of you.  Catch the ball.

We all have eyes that track the ball, if there’s a flash in front or object that can distract and lose sight of the ball

they're humans not Superman 

I bet Toney thought the WR crossing in front was catching it

Happens 

It's not every day that you can pin a loss in the NFL on one player singlehandedly- especially a non-QB.  You could make a persuasive argument that Toney singlehandedly lost that game for the Chiefs.  Dreadful

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Anyone taking a player on KC not named Kelce or Mahomes, learned nothing from last year.  No WR or RB last year, averaged 12 fpg.  Even those numbers don't reflect how useless they were.  Juju, the highest scoring player on that team, scored 16+ points 4 times.  The other 12 games that he played, he average 7.5 fpg (only 3 hit double digits).  Everyone, until proven otherwise, is at best a RB3 or WR4/5, at best.  If you drafted one of them to start, well, that's your fault.

Pacheco was useful but otherwise I agree

1 hour ago, WR Guru said:

It's not every day that you can pin a loss in the NFL on one player singlehandedly- especially a non-QB.  You could make a persuasive argument that Toney singlehandedly lost that game for the Chiefs.  Dreadful

No argument there

happens when RBs ls cough up the ball in bad spots

Good coaches go right back to him, to get it out of his mind and confidence back 

I think Fat Andy force feeds him next game 

He's very talented, but he seems to be a bit lacking between the ears.

He's a hothead and can't seem to control his ego either.

What he did Thursday is more or less what he's done his who stint in the NFL.

He will show quick flashes of his talent in a game or two, make a big play here or there, only to follow it up with 10 dropped passes and an injury

On 9/8/2023 at 6:49 PM, IGotWorms said:

Pacheco was useful but otherwise I agree

Depends on what you call "useful".  In Week 1, he scored 12.2 points... he didn't exceed 2 (not a typo), points in any game until Week 11 where he got 10.7.  From there, he got 14.6, 14.2 (both solid high end RB2 numbers, then followed that up with 9.3, 7.7, 9, & 10.9.  That's not a starter for 4 weeks.  Then his law game was 12.4, which is a mid to low end RB2.  To me, that's not useful.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Depends on what you call "useful".  In Week 1, he scored 12.2 points... he didn't exceed 2 (not a typo), points in any game until Week 11 where he got 10.7.  From there, he got 14.6, 14.2 (both solid high end RB2 numbers, then followed that up with 9.3, 7.7, 9, & 10.9.  That's not a starter for 4 weeks.  Then his law game was 12.4, which is a mid to low end RB2.  To me, that's not useful.

Considering you probably got him off waivers last year, that’s useful. Hopefully you didn’t need him at all but if you had injuries and such and he had to be a fill in down the stretch, yeah that’s useful

Toney HODL'er.   If he has another awful game I will drop.  I would not be surprised if they feed him a little next week to get his confidence back.

They need to realize that Rice and Ross are the WRs that should be starting. Unfortunately they also hired the idiot that was HC of the Bears, as OC

Disappointing, for sure. Correct on his opportunities. But him not playing in the preseason was a huge factor. He just wasn’t in sync with Mahomes.

This week of practice, I am sure they are going to really work on it.

Kelce comes back and those two guys are going to be the KC offense.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:03 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I have him on two teams that start a ridiculous number of players, he is useful there.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have him on two teams that start a ridiculous number of players, he is useful there.

That's fine, but most leagues don't require you to start an RB4 every week.  The most amount of RB's I can start in any of my leagues is 3.  I usually use that flex spot for another WR.  If I were expecting to start 3 RB's, I'd make sure that Pacheco would be my RB5.

I see him as an "emergency only" type starter.