Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

Hey guys much as I would love to continue to discuss this subject, I find this CDub guy’s comments so distasteful that I really don’t want to participate. If that was his goal, mission accomplished. I’ll bow out so long as he keeps posting his hate. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Israeli Defense Minister: “No food, No electricity, No fuel, No water. We’re fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

This is very scary rhetoric. Of course, this is how Jews see all non-Jews so it's not a surprise. 

Or it is how the shocked and appalled act while still in shock from a great horror.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Or it is how the shocked and appalled act while still in shock from a great horror.

Maybe, but I believe they truly believe this about Palestine and others and always have. 

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Religion is certainly important but so is economics. A Palestinian living in Gaza has a hopeless existence: overcrowding, locked in, no hope of advancement, poverty, hunger. Such conditions breed extremism every time. They look across the fence and see the Israelis living in fine houses, their children well fed, attending clean schools and hospitals, restaurants, living the great life of westerners. And they’re not allowed in. Of course they’re going to hate. 

Palestinians living in Gaza copuld seek to emmigrate to greener pastures.  Alternatively, like the Issraelis they could build something.  There are alternatives beyond envy breeding hate breeding genocide.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Maybe, but I believe they truly believe this about Palestine and others and always have. 

Looking into the hearts and minds of others is an uncertain endeavour for me.  You may be right.  me, I am holding open any conclusions on this, for now.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Palestinians living in Gaza copuld seek to emmigrate to greener pastures.  Alternatively, like the Issraelis they could build something.  There are alternatives beyond envy breeding hate breeding genocide.

What if you build something and Israel says yeah that's mine now and forces everyone out and starts building more Jewish communities? This situation isn't good vs bad black vs white. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Looking into the hearts and minds of others is an uncertain endeavour for me.  You may be right.  me, I am holding open any conclusions on this, for now.

They are pretty open about it if you go look.

50 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The acting speaker has no power. According to what I heard (and it’s all I have to go on) he can’t even attend the Gang of 8 that responds to such matters. I have no idea if we should send special help to Israel or related issues, but the point is that we can’t until Congress meets and Congress can’t meet without a speaker. The word used by Kevin McCarthy was “hamstrung”. 

This is not true. All the house has to do is pass a resolution. McHenry can hold a meeting. get better sources Tim.

• "If they pass a resolution, it does then create a precedent that they can do substantive business," said Georgetown Law professor Josh Chafetz.
  • Michael Thorning, director of structural democracy at the Bipartisan Policy Center, said "there is probably very little, if any, actual restriction on what a majority of the House could do right now."

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/08/house-israel-resolution-speaker-bipartisan

40 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Religion is certainly important but so is economics. A Palestinian living in Gaza has a hopeless existence: overcrowding, locked in, no hope of advancement, poverty, hunger. Such conditions breed extremism every time. They look across the fence and see the Israelis living in fine houses, their children well fed, attending clean schools and hospitals, restaurants, living the great life of westerners. And they’re not allowed in. Of course they’re going to hate. 

The only real solution is for the people of Gaza to take Hamas from power. Then have leadership that actually wants peace and prosperity. Until then Israel will be struck and forced to retaliate. Death on both sides, hate in Gaza, a repeating cycle. Short of Israel going in and killing everyone there, that is the only solution. Although I have no hope at all that will happen. 

On 10/8/2023 at 12:53 PM, The Real timschochet said:

You’re correct. But my assertion is that by the time the Nazis took power they were largely a right wing movement, and they were given power by right wingers terrified of communism. 

I think that will depend on who you are reading.  But most of my readings indicate it was not that they were "right wing" at all, but instead that they disliked leftism  more.

55 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Just curious, do their living conditions breed violence amongst themselves, or is it just breeding hate towards Israelis? 

So this thing was entirely predictable, as I have done.  What if I told you he (Biden) was royalling focking up, and focking us over, in a few other places right now that are going to lead to even worse things next year?  Oh yeah, Biden is focking gold if you know how to make money off of him....and he is entirely predictable.

Some people on X (Twitter) were reposting video of the young woman who was taken away on a motorbike from the music festival, as her boyfriend was marched away on foot...footage proving that she was safe in captivity.

Hamas defenders were highlighting it...see this is all *mostly* humane.

Such naivety.

Her father was leaning into the viral quality of it to plead for her safe return.

New headline: "Hamas announces it will begin to EXECUTE hostages and post video evidence online for every Israeli airstrike as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu orders Israel's Defence Forces to besiege Gaza."

Unfortunately she'll probably be the first or among the first given how viral that was.

57 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey guys much as I would love to continue to discuss this subject, I find this CDub guy’s comments so distasteful that I really don’t want to participate. If that was his goal, mission accomplished. I’ll bow out so long as he keeps posting his hate. 

Liar.  You used to say this crap all the time at FBG's and 20 minutes later you couldn't help yourself. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So this thing was entirely predictable, as I have done.  What if I told you he (Biden) was royalling focking up, and focking us over, in a few other places right now that are going to lead to even worse things next year?  Oh yeah, Biden is focking gold if you know how to make money off of him....and he is entirely predictable.

Someone once said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fock things up."  Hmmmmm...........

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Man, if that's true, level gaza. Fock 'em all. The civilians have been warned to leave anyway and they've had their chance to root out the cockroaches that lived amongst them long before this.

And if you are not voting for R or Kennedy in 2024, you are one of them as biden's handlers (obama) has let in 1000s of these cockroaches. We need a president to round them all up and get them out of here.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Someone once said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fock things up."  Hmmmmm...........

Here is another prediction....now I stand by my assertion that we should see another two rate hikes from the fed.....BUT.....Joe wants to be elected, and the Democrats want power....so what will they do? I predict that before spring is over Biden et al will compel the fed to drop rates....even though it will be bad for us....it will be potentially beneficial to them politically....and after all....fock us....right?

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

And Israel shouldn't kill kids who throw rocks at a tank. The back and forth goes back until the start of recorded history. I don't know the answer. I just know innocents will suffer.

There are only two kinds of Palestinians. 1. Palestinians that hate Jews and want them exterminated. 2. Palestinian children that will grow up to hate Jews and want them exterminated. 

Iran said back in 2019 if the usa goes to war in israel / gaza / iran, the sleeper cells of 910 will start hitting targets inside america.  I would expect at this point with our wide open border they have nukes

4 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

There are only two kinds of Palestinians. 1. Palestinians that hate Jews and want them exterminated. 2. Palestinian children that will grow up to hate Jews and want them exterminated. 

I don't disagree with your statement.

28 minutes ago, Reality said:

Mic drop. Fock MSNBC.

This guy makes me rage. He dares to try to make me upset about women getting raped and kids getting killed when HERE IN AMERICA TODAY THE DEMOCRATS MUTILATE KIDS GENITALS. Holy this guy needs a beating

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Iran said back in 2019 if the usa goes to war in israel / gaza / iran, the sleeper cells of 910 will start hitting targets inside america.  I would expect at this point with our wide open border they have nukes

This is good to know. I don't remember that.

Carmine Sabia (name is so familiar, but I don't really know who he is) was saying someone he knows who knows a diplomat said that there is a real threat of this. His advice—via this diplomat-knowing friend—was to stay away from big cities.

He got a lot of heat for being vague (by both left and right leaners). I can post the Tweet thread if anyone's curious.

It's a good time to be wary of fear mongering lest it's being harnessed to get the masses in a certain line.

But, this also seems really conceivable.

So if Iran actually said that...✔️

The more I think about this, it actually seems more than plausible. The "long game" motivation didn't make sense, but I guess they might feel they can deter US assistance to Israel this way.

Larry doesn't like the fruit that grew from the seeds he helped plant. 

8 minutes ago, naomi said:

This is good to know. I don't remember that.

Carmine Sabia (name is so familiar, but I don't really know who he is) was saying someone he knows who knows a diplomat said that there is a real threat of this. His advice—via this diplomat-knowing friend—was to stay away from big cities.

He got a lot of heat for being vague (by both left and right leaners). I can post the Tweet thread if anyone's curious.

It's a good time to be wary of fear mongering lest it's being harnessed to get the masses in a certain line.

But, this also seems really conceivable.

So if Iran actually said that...✔️

The more I think about this, it actually seems more than plausible. The "long game" motivation didn't make sense, but I guess they might feel they can deter US assistance to Israel this way.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/inside-hezbollahs-american-sleeper-cells-waiting-irans-signal-strike-us-and-israeli

Inside Hezbollah’s American Sleeper Cells: Waiting for Iran’s Signal to Strike U.S. and Israeli Targets

by Matthew Levitt

Aug 4, 2019

Kourani went on to describe himself to the FBI as being part of a “sleeper cell,” and explained, “There would be certain scenarios that would require action or conduct by those who belonged to the cell.” Kourani said that in the event that the United States and Iran went to war, the U.S. sleeper cell would expect to be called upon to act. And if the United States were to take certain unnamed actions targeting Hezbollah, Nasrallah himself, or Iranian interests, Kourani added, “in those scenarios the sleeper cell would also be triggered into action.”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reality said:

Larry doesn't like the fruit that grew from the seeds he helped plant. 

He shouldn't worry much.  Maybe the terrorists these folks have helped prop up will kill their families last due to their allegiance.  It's astounding to think you can negotiate with barbarians who don't have the same morality.

The U.N. again demonstrating it is completely useless and should be disbanned.

Yeah, both of these religions are the same. 

2 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

I don’t know if Iran had a hand in planning this. We do know they sponsor Hamas though. There’s a WSJ article claiming they have proof but those folks are neocons. 

It might not have been from the recent 6 billion, but Iran paid for those rockets and the US pays Iran.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is why liberals lose. Don’t be a poosay

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Thank you, CDUB!  :clap:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/inside-hezbollahs-american-sleeper-cells-waiting-irans-signal-strike-us-and-israeli

Inside Hezbollah’s American Sleeper Cells: Waiting for Iran’s Signal to Strike U.S. and Israeli Targets

by Matthew Levitt

Aug 4, 2019

Kourani went on to describe himself to the FBI as being part of a “sleeper cell,” and explained, “There would be certain scenarios that would require action or conduct by those who belonged to the cell.” Kourani said that in the event that the United States and Iran went to war, the U.S. sleeper cell would expect to be called upon to act. And if the United States were to take certain unnamed actions targeting Hezbollah, Nasrallah himself, or Iranian interests, Kourani added, “in those scenarios the sleeper cell would also be triggered into action.”

:dunno:

how could they slip into the US

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jonnyutah said:

That’s just the way most of the Middle East wants it. 

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

Thank you, CDUB!  :clap:

You're welcome!

What I find disgusting is people on the left demand everyone have the same views as they do. Tim demanded UNITY but only in the way he wanted. It's pretty clear I don't support "our greatest ally". That doesn't mean I support Palestine either. I think both are in the wrong and I don't want the US to have any part of it. 

The left wants zero debate. You either fall in line or they take their ball and go home.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You're welcome!

What I find disgusting is people on the left demand everyone have the same views as they do. Tim demanded UNITY but only in the way he wanted. It's pretty clear I don't support "our greatest ally". That doesn't mean I support Palestine either. I think both are in the wrong and I don't want the US to have any part of it. 

The left wants zero debate. You either fall in line or they take their ball and go home.

You are a piece of sh1t Holocaust denier. You are, of course, permitted to have and express that view, but you should be roundly condemned for it. This is not a left wing/right wing thing.