edjr

Brock “NotSo” Purdy has turned into a punkin

Only a few days before Halloween too.  :sad:

I was wondering about this last night while watching the game (and needing Addison to not have one more catch).

Purdy has now thrown really bad interceptions at key moments in a couple games. Probably a small blip and he can go back to being efficient in big spots in the game. But….

As a Seahawks fan I hope this spirals.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Succ% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds Sk% NY/A ANY/A 4QC GWD AV Awards
2022 23 SFO QB 13 9 5 5-0-0 114 170 67.1 1374 13 7.6 4 2.4 66 50.3 54 8.1 8.6 12.1 152.7 107.3 67.5 11 84 6.1 7.13 7.57 1 1 6 AP ORoY-3
2023 24 SFO QB 13 7 7 5-2-0 131 193 67.9 1668 11 5.7 3 1.6 83 55.6 42 8.6 9.1 12.7 238.3 107.2 75.6 12 71 5.9 7.79 8.20  

Seems pretty good...

• Like 1

Brock wasn't the issue at all last night, he was the only reason the 9ers were in the game.

Terrible take.

The Superbowl caliber defense proved it may not be that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

Brock wasn't the issue at all last night, he was the only reason the 9ers were in the game.

Both INT's were horrific. 

34 minutes ago, Reality said:

Terrible take.

Well, when your QB is throwing picks, it's tough on the defense. And they only gave up 22 points even without pressuring Cousins. 

As a Browns fan

He doesnt cost 230 million guaranteed

He is better than Deshaun Watson....aka rub n tug

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

As a Browns fan

Watson was way better pre suspension. Who knows what he is now. Other than injured. 

Eh, I think it's as simple as he's not as good as his undefeated streak and not as bad as people now want to claim because he lost two games in a row and made a few bad throws. 

It's still a great story, he's still playing well and there are teams that would gladly take him right now. 

To be fair, he did step into the absolute perfect situation for his story to unfold. A Shanahan offense with CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle can make you look really good. But there has to be something there on the QB's end too. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Eh, I think it's as simple as he's not as good as his undefeated streak and not as bad as people now want to claim because he lost two games in a row and made a few bad throws. 

It's still a great story, he's still playing well and there are teams that would gladly take him right now. 

To be fair, he did step into the absolute perfect situation for his story to unfold. An Shanahan offense with CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle can make you look really good. But there has to be something there on the QB's end too. 

If only you knew anything about football...:dunno:

17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

To be fair, he did step into the absolute perfect situation for his story to unfold. An Shanahan offense with CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle can make you look really good. But there has to be something there on the QB's end too. 

He’s not as good as his undefeated steak.  Hot take. 

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Had he not got hurt last year, some people assume SF would have beat Filthy and made the SB. I think that narrative has been debunked a bit. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Had he not got hurt last year, some people assume SF would have beat Filthy and made the SB. I think that narrative has been debunked a bit. 

Yeah, I don't know about all that. Hard to evaluate when SF played that game with 0 threat of a pass after the injury. Pretty sure it just would have been a good, close game. 

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

As a Browns fan

His price is obviously his best attribute. He’s also been above average. Small sample though and perhaps we are seeing some flaws. That int at end of game was really bad.

I read something that he has had really good dropped INT luck thus far.   Maybe that is coming back to norm.

I think he was getting a bit too many props.  But I do think he is a real solid QB.  Of course not a team carrier but not many are.  

Before: 124.3 QB Rating

19 of Passing 24

252 Yards 1 TD 0 INT

After: 4.2 QB Rating

2 of 6 Passing

20 Yards 0 TDs 2 INTs

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not so sure he should've played.  Looked like he hit his head again.

No, that's just his play.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

No, that's just his play.

He also smacked the back of his head on the ground.  Probably still dealing with a concussion.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

He also smacked the back of his head on the ground.  Probably still dealing with a concussion.

I didn't see it but the NFL doesn't fock around with that anymore. 

Purdy is a helluva fine QB at a discount bin price.  SF doesn't need a superstar QB, what he offers is easily good enough, and he frees up cash to spend on superstars at other positions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I didn't see it but the NFL doesn't fock around with that anymore. 

With concussions, you're not dealing with the team doctor who's paycheck depends on making the GM and coach happy. This is a prototcol designed by outside evaluators responsible to the NFL and NFLPA.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

With concussions, you're not dealing with the team doctor who's paycheck depends on making the GM and coach happy. This is a prototcol designed by outside evaluators responsible to the NFL and NFLPA.

I saw a story about Walter Payton about how he had his own personal doctor approve him playing when team doctors would say "no".

The old days of football were kind of fun. 

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I saw a story about Walter Payton about how he had his own personal doctor approve him playing when team doctors would say "no".

The old days of football were kind of fun. 

You know you watch these ex-jocks that go onto commentating panels and coaching after they retire and they all seem fine. Terry Bradshaw seems to have lost a step but that's likely old age, I don't remember him being out of in the 90s. But then you see the doctor reports on examining the brains post-mortem of dead football players and 99/100 show evidence of brain injury. 

On 10/30/2023 at 8:27 AM, TimHauck said:

Geez what happened to the 49ers?

d isn't getting their typical pressure.

o-line has been breaking down since Williams has been hurt (biggest factor imo)... less time.

purdy is doing fine and will reduce the turnovers once he has more time.  he is still making some great throws and reads

On 10/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, thegeneral said:

I was wondering about this last night while watching the game (and needing Addison to not have one more catch).

Purdy has now thrown really bad interceptions at key moments in a couple games. Probably a small blip and he can go back to being efficient in big spots in the game. But….

As a Seahawks fan I hope this spirals.

Flips that one pass at goal line little higher it was an easy TD and game changer.

Slinging Sam is waiting for his chance.  I don`t think Purdy will get a long leash at this point.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

Flips that one pass at goal line little higher it was an easy TD and game changer.

Slinging Sam is waiting for his chance.  I don`t think Purdy will get a long leash at this point.

Whatever causes the Niners chaos I’m all for 😀

On 10/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, Reality said:

Terrible take.

Exactly. The guy accounted for over 425 yards yesterday. It might help if this elite defense he supposed to have wouldn’t keep getting shredded every week lately where he’s got a try to throw them back in the game. He’s not Josh Allen or Mahomes. And he still down his best receiver.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

He's fine.

Defense was the issue. 

Trent being back is the biggest factor imo

I should have told you all that I'm playing against Purdy, so he was sure to have a big game today.  :(