Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Real or Fake - Christmas trees

Christmas Trees  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake?

• Real
    • Fake

Gotta go fake here - but with a couple of caveats.

We need a really big tree (12'+) for our main display, and they are hard to handle, and cost a ton. The one we have is really life-like, but I still miss the fragrance of a real tree, so what we do is use real pine boughs for a lit mantle display to get it.

This may be our last year with a fake, we bought it our son's 1st xmas, not knowing how he'd react to a tree.

Real one next year! :pointstosky:

This may be our last year with a fake, we bought it our son's 1st xmas, not knowing how he'd react to a tree.

Real one next year! :pointstosky:

Weve always had a real cut tree.

But yesterday, I helped a lady unload and set up her live, potted tree.

I like the idea so Im going with those next year and every year after til my sons are grown.

We have several good spots in the yard where a nice fir tree would work.

Real. And find a place where you can take the family and cut it down yourself. Make a family day of it. :thumbsup:

Similar to bewbs, real

I agree that it is similar to bewbs, which is why I go with fake. Real trees/boobs sag when they get older. Fake trees/bewbs are always perky no matter how long they have been packed away. Once you are tired of the fake tree/bewbs, you can get a new set fairly easily. With real, it is messy.

Real. And find a place where you can take the family and cut it down yourself. Make a family day of it. :thumbsup:

This. Always real. The annual family tree hunt is one of my favorite days of the year.

I like my bewbs real and my trees fake.

Long ago at my wife's and my first xmas, I was a fake tree person and she was a live tree person. So we compromised and got a live one. :D Also bought a tree stand... drove the tree home scratching up the roof of the car, struggled to get it inside, only to find that the trunk was too wide for the stand. We were young and I hadn't amassed tools, including apparently even a hand saw, as I remember using her bread knife to pare that focker down. Then her cats knocked a bunch of the needles off of the bottom rows of branches.

The next year we went fake and have never looked back. In fact just bought a new one since, despite PFB's comments, they eventually get droopy.

This. Always real. The annual family tree hunt is one of my favorite days of the year.

I don't know. I can see maybe deer or elk hunting. They move around. You are really taking it to another level by hunting down something that doesn't even move. What is next, quadraplegics? smh

I have a fake right now. However, once I either buy/build my own house or have kids then I will start buying real trees. Specifically, I would like to go cut my own tree every year

I don't know. I can see maybe deer or elk hunting. They move around. You are really taking it to another level by hunting down something that doesn't even move. What is next, quadraplegics? smh

It's the movement that gives them away. Trees are smarter than that.

We had a good fake one. And it's a lot less hassle than the real.

Of course, my mom had to have her own fake one. It was just white strips of s***. As if we're supposed to believe that if it snowed on a real tree made of paper? It's f****** weird.

Remember occasionally she get pissed off at my dad because she was always an outsider in the family. We'll know s*** b****. You can't even celebrate Christmas with your own kids? Looking back, it explains a lot.

What is next, quadraplegics? smh

Not right now, he's busy spending $4,000 on a phone that has a built-in Xbox and running a underground Fight Club.

Fake. Use it every year, no mess, no fire hazard, no annoying troughs of water, can use a spray to get the pine smell if that’s what you want.

, can use a spray to get the pine smell if that’s what you want.

But then the rest of your house smells like your bathroom. :thumbsdown:

real is actually easier. 30 bucks. bring it in, stand it up. throw it out.

I remember the ridiculous process off hauling our fake tree down out of the corner of the attick, putting it all together branch by branch, spreading out the branches to make them look full. Only to have to tear it all down in a few weeks, put it back in the box, and haul it back up.

Fake, silver one....with the spinning wheel of color behind it.

Ok, that's the we had at my house in the 70s. I have had fake trees as long as I can remember. Fiberoptic died last year, replaced with a fake one with lights built in.

Bah humbug.

Fake, silver one....with the spinning wheel of color behind it.

Rev Al, Jesse Jackson, OJ. Lebron

who else you have on it?

Fake, real is more of a hassle than my wife and I want to deal with..

My son is 14, he doesn't give a sh!t if it's real or not, he is only concerned that the correct Xbox games are under it.

The newer real ones must be easy to stand up. Im thinking of the old heavy steel wire ones where you have to put it all together.

I got offered a Canadian tree from people I do work with but declined. We have a decent fake one thats enough of a pain with little kids picking at it then to add the shedding and watering. When they get old enough to really get involved in cutting it down and whatnot we will do real one

Gotta go fake here - but with a couple of caveats.

We need a really big tree (12'+) for our main display, and they are hard to handle, and cost a ton. The one we have is really life-like, but I still miss the fragrance of a real tree, so what we do is use real pine boughs for a lit mantle display to get it.

My wife found these fragrance things you hang like ornaments and it gives the illusion.

• Like 1

Another reason we do fake is that we have a tall, slim spot we like to use for it and it would be hard to find a real one that fits and is tall enough to look good.

real is actually easier. 30 bucks. bring it in, stand it up. throw it out.

I remember the ridiculous process off hauling our fake tree down out of the corner of the attick, putting it all together branch by branch, spreading out the branches to make them look full. Only to have to tear it all down in a few weeks, put it back in the box, and haul it back up.

Eff that... wrap that sumbitch it plastic wrap (with the decorations and everything still on it) and place it into the attic whole. Next year you just box cutter the wrap off and, viola, perfect tree.