Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Baseball

I am not saying he didn't hit him good, he did.

but this was a BARE FIST. what part of this are you missing?

No knock out and no broken bones? That's just odd

You watch too much tv... .Real life isn't a Walker Texas Ranger episode, people don't always go down just bcoz they got clocked.

You watch too much tv... .Real life isn't a Walker Texas Ranger episode, people don't always go down just bcoz they got clocked.

this isn't wwe, this is real life.

bare fist punches actually do damage

I think the punch was more side of the face/ jaw as opposed to being down more towards the chin where maximum whiplash could have occurred and knocked him cold. You could tell he was dazed after getting touched though.

I think the punch was more side of the face/ jaw as opposed to being down more towards the chin where maximum whiplash could have occurred and knocked him cold. You could tell he was dazed after getting touched though.

Yeah. Pretty much what I said earlier. If that punch had landed square on the chin, he would have collapsed in a heap.

You could tell he was dazed after getting touched though.

Definitely...his knees buckled for sure. Very close to being a KO. Bitchtista was funny afterward talking shitt that "it takes a bigger man to knock me down." :lol:

Definitely...his knees buckled for sure. Very close to being a KO. Bitchtista was funny afterward talking shitt that "it takes a bigger man to knock me down." :lol:

Beltre could have been a cardboard cutout and he'd have still succeeded in holding Bautista back. J Bats wanted nothing to do with those knuckles at that point.

did he knock him down"?

Jake Arrieta limited the Giants to one run and four hits over seven innings in Friday's victory.

Arrieta easily won the duel of the Jakes, with Peavy failing to make it through the second inning. He's allowed one run or fewer in six of nine starts, and he's now 8-0 with a 1.29 ERA. The Cubs have won his last 22 starts dating back to July 30.

Its not just that he is good it is that he his getting run support EVERY time he pitches. That just does not happen.

Jake Arrieta limited the Giants to one run and four hits over seven innings in Friday's victory.

Arrieta easily won the duel of the Jakes, with Peavy failing to make it through the second inning. He's allowed one run or fewer in six of nine starts, and he's now 8-0 with a 1.29 ERA. The Cubs have won his last 22 starts dating back to July 30.

Its not just that he is good it is that he his getting run support EVERY time he pitches. That just does not happen.

Sports center had a stat that the run differential is +52 when he pitches, if your offense is scoring that much, makes it much easier, but not to take anything away from him, he's a stud

Sports center had a stat that the run differential is +52 when he pitches, if your offense is scoring that much, makes it much easier, but not to take anything away from him, he's a stud

oh no. he is still going out an pitching gems. the 1.29 era shows. It makes me wonder how pitchers from this day and age would fare if they were allowed to pitch from the mound height gibson did in 68. He ended up with a 1.12 era and cruised through so easily that he threw 300 innings. THREE HUNDRED.for 268 ks. I Maintain that if you gave Randy Johnson an extra 6 inches of mound height his 2001 season would have been the best ever.

oh no. he is still going out an pitching gems. the 1.29 era shows. It makes me wonder how pitchers from this day and age would fare if they were allowed to pitch from the mound height gibson did in 68. He ended up with a 1.12 era and cruised through so easily that he threw 300 innings. THREE HUNDRED.for 268 ks. I Maintain that if you gave Randy Johnson an extra 6 inches of mound height his 2001 season would have been the best ever.

Mound height

Extra six inches

Your mom

Your wife

Your sister

He's on an unreal run. Even though their pitching styles were/are drastically different, it reminds me of Verlander in his prime. Every time he went out on the mound, you would cancel any plans and watch him because you knew he was going to dominate. Of course Kershaw has been like that for 5 years.

Kelly pitching a perfect game thru 6 against the tribe

Ichiro now 46 hits from 3,000

At his current rate he'lol get it next year in his farewell mariner season

I'm going to the Astros game today, hamels and keuchel, should at least be entertaining

lmao...

As if the Tigers didn't have enough problems, they lose their best starter and best hitter in the same game. Zimmerman likely pulled his groin, Cabrera comes out after being hit in the knee with a pitch.

Dear David Ortiz,

Please dont retire.

Signed,

A guy wearing a Red Sox t shirt

Srsly

came about 6 inches from hitting for the cycle yesterday :shocking:

Srsly

came about 6 inches from hitting for the cycle yesterday :shocking:

Everybody fall down?

39 games into his age-21 season, Bryce Harper had a .765 OPS, three home runs, 12 RBI, and 16 runs scored. Mazara through 39 games at age 21? .865 OPS, eight home runs, 21 RBI, and 21 runs scored.

At his current rate he'lol get it next year in his farewell mariner season

40 away now :banana:

I'm about halfway through "The Arm," a book about the history of arm trouble and Tommy John surgery. It's excellent and pretty eye opening about how focked up the youth baseball system with it's obsession with pitch speed and ranking kids, and basically just causing them to blow their arms. 30% of elbow surgeries are teenagers. Couple good stories on current major leaguers who went through the surgery and re-hab, some twice. Some history on guys like Koufax and Nolan Ryan. Good stuff.

Basically, there is no way to understand why some guys' elbows blow out and others don't. A lot of people are working the problem but have not been able to correlate IP, velocity, age, etc. Really good sections on the science and mechanics of the arm, and how it's just not designed to throw a baseball 95 MPH.

The problem is even worse in Japan because they get all samurai about it and kids are pitching hundreds of innings in tournaments.

Recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Billion-Dollar-Mystery-Valuable-Commodity/dp/0062400363

I'm about halfway through "The Arm," a book about the history of arm trouble and Tommy John surgery. It's excellent and pretty eye opening about how focked up the youth baseball system with it's obsession with pitch speed and ranking kids, and basically just causing them to blow their arms. 30% of elbow surgeries are teenagers. Couple good stories on current major leaguers who went through the surgery and re-hab, some twice. Some history on guys like Koufax and Nolan Ryan. Good stuff.

Basically, there is no way to understand why some guys' elbows blow out and others don't. A lot of people are working the problem but have not been able to correlate IP, velocity, age, etc. Really good sections on the science and mechanics of the arm, and how it's just not designed to throw a baseball 95 MPH.

The problem is even worse in Japan because they get all samurai about it and kids are pitching hundreds of innings in tournaments.

Recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Billion-Dollar-Mystery-Valuable-Commodity/dp/0062400363

Now that sounds like a book I could get interested in.

Royals :thumbsup:

The last two games were fun to watch! Tied for first after that amazing 9th inning comeback win, and now just half game back of Cleveland since they won.

Yeah and morales hasn't hit for sh1t, starting pitching hasn't been good, moose prolly out for the season and they are still finding ways to win

Had Moustakis and Gordon. Not good.

Is it bad that I am even considering starting whit Merrifield over Bryce harper in Homer's? :sad:

TB starter pitched a one hitter today...and lost. He gave up a walk in the 6th and a HR, and lost 2-1. It's rare to lose a one-hitter.

Part of that is that the Yankees starter gave up the 1 run, followed by 3 hitless innings of relief with 7 of 9 batters whiffing.

The White Sox are back to their usual horse sh!t self...so I can officially have the less than 15 weeks until Week 1 countdown to look forward to :thumbsdown:

The White Sox are back to their usual horse sh!t self...so I can officially have the less than 15 weeks until Week 1 countdown to look forward to :thumbsdown:

:banana:

Went to the Rangers game Sunday, got to finally see the Pirates play - never have before... We took a series from a very damn good team - those boys are for real. Has to suck being in the division they are in right now.

KC fans working hard again on those ballots. A dream come true for any baseball fan who has wished for an All-Star starting lineup composed of players on the DL.

All I saw was salvy, cain and Hosmer leading their positions, which they probably should be...