Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Favorite Gunslinger Movie

True Grit(new one---glenn cambell is awful in the original), The Shootist, Outlaw Josey Wales, Unforgiven, Wild Bunch, 3:10 to Yuma, Silverado, Once Upon on a Time in the West & Tombstone are re-watchable for me. Lately 3:10 to Yuma ranks really high, but if absolutely forced to pick, it's always The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. The dubbing can be a little distracting but Eli Wallach's Tuco might be my favorite western character of all time...

The Magnificent Seven

This is getting a big budget remake this year with Denzel and Chris Pratt. Looking forward to it.

The dubbing can be a little distracting but Eli Wallach's Tuco might be my favorite western character of all time...

Agreed. This thread should be 2nd best gunslinger movie because Good, Bad, Ugly should win hands down.... even with the bad sound dub.

BTW - the actor in that scene you posted who was gonna shoot Tuco... committed suicide a few years later by jumping out a high-rise window.

Josey Wales is my favorite all time western.

Good Bad and Ugly, and Unforgiven, are a small notch below.

I'll try to type more later.

Unforgiven is one of the worst acted movies I have ever had the privelage to watch. The scene with the kid who finally gets his first kill was as poorly directed and acted out as a Jenna Jamison scene where she does ATM and pretends that a sh!t d!ck is yummy. Awful movie.

Josey Wales is Greta. I think Joe Kidd is very good, underrated Eastwood flick

• Like 1

Some of the older "classics" are worth watching too, Who Shot Liberty Valance? Rio Bravo and in particular High Noon all good movies. I find them enjoyable, but the studio system of the time, creating vehicles to showcase their stars often makes the characters the same from movie to movie---especially John Wayne(who seems to be in every other western). That and some of the other conventions of the time, just lessen those movies to me.

Mentioned earlier, but a fun throwback western is Silverado. Kasdan clearly made that movie as tribute to the studio westerns, with white hats and black hats and a showdown at noon. If you haven't seen it and you are a fan of the genre, it should be on your list.

Josey Wales is Greta. I think Joe Kidd is very good, underrated Eastwood flick

Can't think of an Eastwood western that I don't like,here's another that's seldom mentioned

My fav Western seems to waiver, depending on my mood... I've always had a soft spot for 'Chisum', not sure why. Not saying it's an all time great, but it is one of my top 3 all time favs.

Right now I'd prolly say: Chisum, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and El Dorado.

Not sure if this is ghay or not. But me and by the mrs are huge Young Guns 1&2 fans.

Not sure if this is ghay or not. But me and by the mrs are huge Young Guns 1&2 fans.

It prolly is cuz I like those flicks too :(

Didn't we do this recently?

Unforgiven

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The Cowboys

High Plains Drifter

The Mag 7

Little Big Man

Support Your Local Sheriff

Open Range is up there.

Open Range is up there.

Good movie, I thought about including it in my list but figured one Costner western was enough. The gunfight at the end is incredible!

As I mentioned in the other thread where we did this genre, Lonesome Dove might be the greatest western of all time. It was a tv mini series, but it's as better than most of the movies listed here.

Once upon a time in the west

My name is nobody

I think Henry Fonda was in both of these

:thumbsup:

Charles Bronson grew up in my relatives home town. He was the 11th child of 15 and worked in the Pennsylvania coal mines. That will add character to your face. My dad was the 7th of 9 kids and was a bad a$$. Today is the 8th year of the anniversary of his death. To bad I turned out to be such a possy.

http://www.waterfrontsoundingsproductions.com/pages/libertyships.html

My dad on the cover of this documentary about Liberty ship men during world war two

Charles Bronson grew up in my relatives home town. He was the 11th child of 15 and worked in the Pennsylvania coal mines. That will add character to your face. My dad was the 7th of 9 kids and was a bad a$$. Today is the 8th year of the anniversary of his death. To bad I turned out to be such a possy.

Ironic then that he plays the guy who freaked out in the mine in the Great Escape, another fav of mine.

Edited by Mike Honcho

Whatever movie Roland of Gilead will star in, since he is the last gunslinger. :ninja:

I've probably seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 30 times.

Yeah. This is top notch as well.

Whatever movie Roland of Gilead will star in, since he is the last gunslinger. :ninja:

I hate to admit my nerdy ways, but this is the first thought I had.

Side note, casting has begun for The Gunslinger, the first dark tower book. Idris Elba has been cast as the gunslinger and Matthew McConaughey as the man in black.

Charles Bronson grew up in my relatives home town. He was the 11th child of 15 and worked in the Pennsylvania coal mines. That will add character to your face. My dad was the 7th of 9 kids and was a bad a$$. Today is the 8th year of the anniversary of his death. To bad I turned out to be such a possy.http://www.waterfrontsoundingsproductions.com/pages/libertyships.htmlk

My dad on the cover of this documentary about Liberty ship men during world war two

My dad died 8 years ago, next month.