Sign in to follow this  
edjr

AARON HERNANDEZ - NOT GUILTY

his lawyer Jose Baez has still never lost a 1st or 2nd degree murder trial

still in prison for another murder.

what was the point? :dunno:

This was not the main trial though? It was for the 2 random people he killed first?

This was not the main trial though? It was for the 2 random people he killed first?

He has already been found guilty of killing Odin Lloyd.

Focker is in prison for life no matter what. Waste of time and money

And Pats fans were engorged because Eli may have passed off a used jockstrap as game worn

Didn't he kill Odin because he was concerned Odin would dime him out for these murders?

That was the theory.

OOPS

That was the theory.

OOPS

You do not think he is innocent though?

He killed them.

You do not think he is innocent though?

He killed them.

Were you there? I wasn't.

I don't know what happened. I don't care either way.

At least he dodged that tricky second life sentence.

why did they even try to charge him :wacko:

Didn't he kill Odin because he was concerned Odin would dime him out for these murders?

The plan kinda worked. :dunno:

What a pointless waste of time. So now he only has to serve 1 life sentence without parole, what a score!

Were you there? I wasn't.

I don't know what happened. I don't care either way.

The one eyed witness was there. I'm pretty sure he didn't take out his own eye.

So is Jose Baez the GOAT of lawyers?

Did he coin the catchprase "If it doesn't fit you must acquit" or the Chewbacca defense?

I saw a picture of his expression when the judge said not guilty. All happy looking for someone to hug. lol Uhhh, Aaron, you're still going to be doing the life sentence you were found guilty of. :doh:

So is Jose Baez the Bill Belichick of lawyers?

mmhmmm

I see some people don't understand that the victims' family seek closure. With Hernandez getting labeled innocent, there's a possibility that a killer is still loose.

There's also the possibility that if he had been convicted, he could have faced the death penalty due to the murders being in different counties.

Why didn't this Baez guy defend him the first time around? Saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to put his streak on the line? :dunno:

I see some people don't understand that the victims' family seek closure. With Hernandez getting labeled innocent, there's a possibility that a killer is still loose.

There's also the possibility that if he had been convicted, he could have faced the death penalty due to the murders being in different counties.

I was thinking the same thing about victims' families seeking closure, but hadn't considered the possible death penalty. I spose some of them might have wanted that, but just getting confirmation/recognition Hernandez killed their loved one was probably the main goal.

Oddly though, the way it turned out Hernandez walked out of court with a big smile and the families are devastated. So not only was it a waste of money, it did more harm than good. Interesting.

why did they even try to charge him :wacko:

If that was you're son/daughter that had been murder and they told you "Hey, don't worry we already got him on a life sentence for another guy, so we aren't even going to waste the money on you're son's murder. Cool?"

Convictions get over turned. That's the main reason you try him for all his crimes.

If that was you're son/daughter that had been murder and they told you "Hey, don't worry we already got him on a life sentence for another guy, so we aren't even going to waste the money on you're son's murder. Cool?"

Hard to say, but if I knew that they got him for killing Odin for fear he was going to rat Hernandez out on the murder of my kid, I might find that closure enough. :dunno:

Convictions get over turned. That's the main reason you try him for all his crimes.

There is no statute of limitation on murder, so you can always try the person.

Hard to say, but if I knew that they got him for killing Odin for fear he was going to rat Hernandez out on the murder of my kid, I might find that closure enough. :dunno:

There is no statute of limitation on murder, so you can always try the person.

You want fresh witnesses.

You want fresh witnesses.

Yeah. It can get hard to find random hood rats to testify years down the line.

And in organized crime cases like this one, those people often vanish.

Focker is in prison for life no matter what. Waste of time and money

Ya know, that's easy for us sitting here at our Commode 64's to sniff at, but not for all.

If you loved the person that got killed, it's much harder to be aloof and pragmatic about their deaths - and their killers.

Some people talk about 'justice', I'd say more like Accountability and Closure.

You want the person who killed your loved one to be stood up and held guilty - and accountable.

It's hard to understand if you haven't been through it.

It's a lot like skipping the funeral - because "who cares? he's dead!"

Yeah, but for some reason, the closure matters. More so in the case of sudden murder.

A friend of mine was murdered - gunned down in his own garage - on May 8, 2015.

Murderer never caught - but suspected.

About a year later, some 'Life That Matters' was gunned down in an armored car robbery.

The Feebs 'attributed' Joe's death to this guy. But who the fock knows?

Sure a GD convenient way to clear your 'open cases' listing to assign something to the dead bad guy.

Family and Friends will never really know for sure.

Nah, knowing 'fer sure' ain't gonna bring him back.

Still, it matters.

In this case, yeah, pragmatically, you're right. That POS will likely never see the light of day.

But it's a whole different calculus when it's someone you love.

It just is.

In the Commonwealth, he is no longer a convicted murderer because his appeals were pending upon death.

No kidding? Wow.

No kidding? Wow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/

Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his prison cell on Wednesday morning after hanging himself using bedsheets and, under Massachusetts law, that means the murder conviction that sent him to prison in the first place has been voided.

Hernandez was still in the process of appealing his 2014 conviction of murdering Odin Lloyd, which means a legal principle dating back to English common law called “abatement ab initio” applies to his case. “Ab initio” translates to “from the beginning” and chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association Michael Healy told the Boston Globe that the principle reverts a case to its start if the convicted party dies before the appeals process has concluded.