Sign in to follow this  
AmbassadorOfKwan

Would you go

100 a ticket per person. Only 3 hours. Buffet, dancing, CASH bar, at a hotel way across town from your graduating school. Would you go?

depends on your hs experience and how much you want to see old friends......

my hs was pretty tight. i'll be going in sept

pay $100 to be around idiots I couldn't stand 10 years ago?

fock em

Thanks roid boy, that is the exact response I was looking for. Funny thing is..out of the blue I get an email (sure it was a mass email) from the class prez who states that the reunion is for reconnecting, not for comparison or competition. I about fell the fvck out of my chair. Ive never been to a reunion, but Im a realist that knows exactly what is going on. Only thing bothering me is that im not fat, ugy, mental (much), scarred, or just completely fokked in the head. I am very proud of my family and would love to show them off, but not to these people. I kind of thought the 20 year reunion was supposed to involve the whole family too. Guess it all comes dwn to what roid boy said...fock em.

For that money the class bully should pick you up in a limo while his ugly gf gives you a handjob :overhead:

I would not pay $100 (per person) for ANY get together that has a CASH BAR.

WOW

Is head included?

You know, I don't even think I will have the opportunity to chose if I go to a class reunion. I went to the same school for the first couple years of HS but my senior year I was emancipated as I moved out of my mothers and had to enroll myself in school. But I finished my senior year in Dec as opposed to June. I had more than enough credits to graduate and since I had full custody of my brother, I finished early so I could raise him and work full time.

So I didn't graduate from the school I would actually WANT to go to a reunion at so I'm not sure I would even be allowed to? :overhead: Guess that makes it pretty easy on me to decide huh.

And to answer your question, hell no I wouldn't pay $100/head with not alot of options included. :D WTF do they even use that money for anyway?

Thanks roid boy, that is the exact response I was looking for. Funny thing is..out of the blue I get an email (sure it was a mass email) from the class prez who states that the reunion is for reconnecting, not for comparison or competition. I about fell the fvck out of my chair. Ive never been to a reunion, but Im a realist that knows exactly what is going on. Only thing bothering me is that im not fat, ugy, mental (much), scarred, or just completely fokked in the head. I am very proud of my family and would love to show them off, but not to these people. I kind of thought the 20 year reunion was supposed to involve the whole family too. Guess it all comes dwn to what roid boy said...fock em.

You usually don't get to show off the entire family at a reunion, just the spouse/fock friend. They'll occasionally have a day time get together the day before for the kids.

My reunion is coming up in November. I'm actually on the planning commitee. It is only $40.00 per person, which includes a sit down dinner and a DJ. It will be a cash bar.

I never quite understood why people don't go to their reunions. (although at $100.00 per person, I would probably skip it).

Unless you were a total dork or were extremely hated, for some reason, why would you say "I couldn't stand anyone twenty years ago, why would I want to see them now?" I think that shows signs of social problems, either back in school or now.

Mine is in a couple of weeks, and I'm not going. My two closest friends - one has been MIA for about 12 years and the other one I keep in contact with. The rest of the class that might be there I'm not really that concerned about seeing and catching up with.

I wouldn't be caught dead at my high school. My graduating class had 800+ kids, of those I probably knew about 20.

I wouldn't be caught dead at my high school. My graduating class had 800+ kids, of those I probably knew about 20.

Between your Everwars fascination and the above statement, I'd say that you are a social outcast.

HTH

I am on the committee and we hired a coordinator who went out and did everything for us, came to about $71 a head.

Thus far 90 out of 380 graduates have signed up to attend, which is a just past our break-even point. Every day another person or two has been signing up, so we hope to have at least 120 graduates, perhaps 200 total people, attending.

I would not say we were all "tight" but there are core groups of people that were, who will attend based on that.

my 20th was this summer and it was only $30 a person but it was hors d'oeuvre and some cut rate garage band. i later found out that the band was the band a classmate had been in since middle school. no thanks. i would have been much more inclined to go had they raised the price to say $75 a person, had a golf tourney and better food. my class was all a bunch of stuck up yuppie, preppy pricks anyway so i decided not to go. the only reason they found out where i was at was because a classmate of mine found out where i lived, found my phone number and gave it to the reunion chairperson. i later found out the only reason they wanted me to so up was because of all the weight i have lost. i see my classmates that i want to see when i go home for the weekends; the rest of 'em can go rot in hell. bunch of phony fockers.

Mine is this fall. I've been away for basically the whole time. Missed the 10 year. I've been on classmates and getting in touch w/ old frineds. It'll be a hoot.

I think the 10-year could/should be something less, perhaps a $30-40 thing; but the 20 should be something a bit more. JMHO

We had ours last fall. $30/person in a regular hall with a band (that was too loud). We had 125 in my class and I knew just about everyone and I live about 4 miles from the place, so I was going with the Mrs.

Several of my friends and I got together the night before at a local bar and that was fun. The event itself was not bad at all. There were actually a couple of women (twins) who said that I looked good and they had the hots for me back in HS. :lol: So, I gave their guide dogs a pat on the head and hung out with the rest of my friends. :dunno:

We had ours last fall. $30/person in a regular hall with a band (that was too loud). We had 125 in my class and I knew just about everyone and I live about 4 miles from the place, so I was going with the Mrs.

Several of my friends and I got together the night before at a local bar and that was fun. The event itself was not bad at all. There were actually a couple of women (twins) who said that I looked good and they had the hots for me back in HS. :dunno: So, I gave their guide dogs a pat on the head and hung out with the rest of my friends. :wave:

U R GHEY! :lol:

U R GHEY! :lol:

It was a joke. The story is somewhat true. Except substitute the guide dogs and pat on the head for their husbands who were 6'5" and shaking hands. Not to mention the fact that I said that my wife went as well. :dunno:

It was a joke. The story is somewhat true. Except substitute the guide dogs and pat on the head for their husbands who were 6'5" and shaking hands. Not to mention the fact that I said that my wife went as well. :dunno:

LOL.... :lol:

Went to my 20th last year. The dipshits that were dipshits back then still are. :bandana: Over all it was ok. Saw an old friend who had a locker next to mine and I've got to tell you she was by far the hottest one there. :dunno: She made all the cheerleader types in hischool look like worn out whores, by far the best part of the whole ordeal.

Also for 100 bucks.........nofuckingwayinhellwouldigo :thumbsup:

Didn't go to the 10th and my 20th will be in 2008. Considering I'm bailing on my HS buddies FF league this year, chances are I'll say fock it to the 20th. Didn't get my picture taken in the 1988 yearbook so I doubt I'll be missed. Fock'em all.

Also :doublethumbsup:

My ten year is in two years, I plan on going. I still keep in contact with most of them online via myspace or email but haven't seen anyone since I moved to Colorado back in 2000 right after graduation. Plus, 30FBT has never been to Cali so we can make it a vacation of sorts. I'm successful, good looking and was friends with everyone (graduating class was 601 people) so there would be no reason for me not to go. The only downfall is that is around the time when I want to get pregnant so that may suck :doublethumbsup: As far as the 20th goes, yes, but it depends where I'm at in my life.

my 20 year is in a month, $125, two nights - football game on Friday night, formal dinner, band, cash bar on Saturday night. 250ish graduating class, expecting about probably 110-120 of those to attend, and it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it. The 10 year was a lot of fun. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is on Friday night at the football game, they're expecting us to wear reunion t-shirts and have it announced at the game that we're there. Yee focking haw :doublethumbsup: , I'm not sure I'm in for that, think I'll punch the girl that came up with that idea in the head.

My ten year is in two years, I plan on going. I still keep in contact with most of them online via myspace or email but haven't seen anyone since I moved to Colorado back in 2000 right after graduation. Plus, 30FBT has never been to Cali so we can make it a vacation of sorts. I'm successful, good looking and was friends with everyone (graduating class was 601 people) so there would be no reason for me not to go. The only downfall is that is around the time when I want to get pregnant so that may suck :rolleyes: As far as the 20th goes, yes, but it depends where I'm at in my life.

where in cali?

100 per person and a cash bar? No way man. Im not spending 300 bucks to see people I could not stand in high school anyway. I have a renuion whenever I go home with the classmates that I liked anyway and if we are spending 100 per person we are getting FU(ked UP.

Did not go. I do not keep in touch with anyone from high school and was not really curious about it. It has been so long since I saw anyone it almost feels like a dream rather than 4 years more than 20 years ago. Cash bar for 100 bucks seems pretty steep, bring a cooler in your trunk.

Did not go. I do not keep in touch with anyone from high school and was not really curious about it. It has been so long since I saw anyone it almost feels like a dream rather than 4 years more than 20 years ago. Cash bar for 100 bucks seems pretty steep, bring a cooler in your trunk.

What he said.

I think "aren't you curious about people" was the most frequent question I got when people found out I wasn't going. I knew what was going on with the people I cared about. The rest I was not curious about at all.

Im not spending 300 bucks

Do you assume that you will spend $100 on drinks or are you planning on taking your girlfriend's girlfriend to try and impress your classmates?

I would go anyways, but I liked high school I guess, I would love to see some of the chicks I nailed. Don't most reunions have a get together the night before thats free at a bar or where ever? Thats what went on at my 10 year, the free thing was a blast because way more people went to that than the dinner thing, I think that was 70 bucks. Yea if you hated high school and all the people why the hell would you even think about going :overhead:

Between your Everwars fascination and the above statement, I'd say that you are a social outcast.

HTH

:overhead:

That's funny. I knew almost everyone in my graduating class of 350.

I still talk to a bunch of them, either friends, softball or golf.

How people can live without interaction from real people is beyond me :bandana:

just go. you can pretend you invented post-it notes and get revenge on all the cool kids who made fun of you.

:shocking:

My 20 year is this weekend, about 5 miles from my house. I think it was around $65 per head. I would have went, but we had a camping trip scheduled already with people I actually enjoy being around. I still keep in touch with most of the people I want to keep in touch with and there are another 10-15 people I wouldn't mind seeing what's up with ... but, that might have to wait until the 25 year ...

I graduated from a small town, class of about 90, I didn't go to the tenth.. Only me and the valedictorian went to college, and I really lost touch with everyone. Most just went and had babies right after graduation.

My college ten year is in November, class of about 400, military school so we're all pretty tight.

Cost is 220 for a couple, and that includes a dinner and bar friday night, and tailgate BBQ/Bar before the football game.

Mungette and I are staying in a hotel built in in 1700s that George Washington used to stay at, and my college town is an awesome place.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I would not pay $100 (per person) for ANY get together that has a CASH BAR.

WOW

Is head included?

whats next? an ala carte meal :overhead:

Do you assume that you will spend $100 on drinks or are you planning on taking your girlfriend's girlfriend to try and impress your classmates?

Im assuming that I will take my girlfriend and that at 100 a head the drinks will be $10 a pop. Throw in the fact that I live 800 miles away from where I graduated going would cost me more than 300. But yes. I could spend 100 bucks at a cash bar between 2 people.