Sign in to follow this  
MedStudent

medstudent's fashion tip of the year

Keep it simple: You want a wardrobe that looks great on you but you don’t want to overdo it. For example, don’t wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don’t dress like a rock star unless you’re in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a white belt, and your favorite pair of shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.

Keep it simple: You want a wardrobe that looks great on you but you don’t want to overdo it. For example, don’t wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don’t dress like a rock star unless you’re in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a white belt, and your favorite pair of shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.

WTF? Take it to the curly bored. :mad:

For a second there, I thought I was channel surfing past lifetime for womens what not to wear. :unsure:

Jeebus Christ boy, what are you? A focking h0m0? :nono:

If you're a guy and you wear a silver or gold necklace or an earing then you're queer.

I think I recognize some of the posters in here from the Borat and Bruno movies.

Keep it simple: You want a wardrobe that looks great on you but you don't want to overdo it. For example, don't wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don't dress like a rock star unless you're in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a white belt, and your favorite pair of shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more. You have to look your best when you're going down that emergency exit chute.

:bandana:

I'll add:

One hat doesn't look fine with everything you own unless you're doing the Favruh Wranglers look. Same with shoes/boots. Call it ghey, but chicks (the kind you want to see nekkid, at least) pay attention to stuff like that and aren't impressed with the 'yeah, these are my old reliable combat boots' attitude.

It also makes you aware enough to make informed comments about what SHE'S wearing, which if done right almost guarantees you get to see her without that outfit on.

I've been wearing a medallion the size of a hubcap and enough aftershave to drown a household pet ever since Fernando told me to.

I really feel sorry for you sideways hat(lid) wearing dumbasses. Just saying!

Call it ghey, but chicks (the kind you want to see nekkid, at least) pay attention to stuff like that and aren't impressed with the 'yeah, these are my old reliable combat boots' attitude.

Can't speak to the first part but I've always loved fashion, started getting Vogue at 12, took fashion illustration on the side in college. But when it comes to guys, being ostentatious in any manner is kind of a turn off. I agree with Med's idea of not over flashifying, and your idea of putting at least a little thought into it. But it's hard for me to imagine that a guy who willingly spends more than an hour in a mall (barring shopping for work or special occasion), is solid. I know there's exceptions (like being European), just hard to not judge a book by a cover sometimes.

Accessories? Guys (at least straight guys) don't wear "accessories."

I'll add:

One hat doesn't look fine with everything you own unless you're doing the Favruh Wranglers look. Same with shoes/boots. Call it ghey, but chicks (the kind you want to see nekkid, at least) pay attention to stuff like that and aren't impressed with the 'yeah, these are my old reliable combat boots' attitude.

It also makes you aware enough to make informed comments about what SHE'S wearing, which if done right almost guarantees you get to see her without that outfit on.

:rolleyes: Don't be a puzzy.

You guys are a couple of fockin' homos. I hope you find love together.

It's actually good advice you bunch of slobs you.

Maybe a grey jacket, white belt and some light colored shoes, but not a white blazer. Never a white blazer.

Fashion is important for guys, even if a lot of you think it's gay to say so.

The difference I see in this generation (ETA, I'm 28 so I guess I'm technically part of this generation) is it seems that everyone tries way too hard. Usually, trends were pointed towards looking good, while making it look like you're not trying. Now it seems, the effort is all part of the show. The fake tan, the blowout hair (although I haven't seen that in a while), every hat you see cocked to the side at the same exact angle, the white shoes with the matching white belt and white hat, the necklaces, watches, earings and so on and so on. I agree with Me2006 when he says fashion is important to women, as the way you dress will attract a certain type of girl. Dressing like a complete douchebag who looks like he woke up and followed MTV's "hot to be cool" instructions (example above) will attract most likely the mindless fake tanned dumbass girls who get their style from whatever celebrity is "hot" right now. And if you're just looking for some sex, then hey, no problem with that. Those girls are probably your best bet, so more power to ya.

Personally, I go for a nice pair of jeans from any store really, it's not the brand that matters, it's how they fit. A button down long sleeved shirt, with the sleeves rolled up almost to my elbow and the top couple buttons undone, a nice watch, little bit of hair gel, and a decent pair of shoes and I'm on my way. I'm ready in five to ten minutes. I've never had a girl whose sunglasses are bigger than her head interested in me, and I'm fine with that.

Hey, I watch Jersey Shore.

GTL

What more advice do I need when it comes to picking up wimmen?

GTL

I have been watching Miami Vice. No wonder. :wall:

phillybear's fashion tips for your lifetime

1. Never wear jewelry. Broads wear jewelry.

2. Don't wear the same article of clothing more than 3 times without sniffing it to make sure it doesn't reek.

3. Never wear a hat. Hats are for retards to protect themselves from pulling out their hair for no particular reason.

4. Polo shirts are for fruits.

5. If anybody ever compliments your clothing, something was gone horribly wrong. Immediately kill yourself.

Maybe a grey jacket, white belt and some light colored shoes, but not a white blazer. Never a white blazer.

Truth be told, Med's advice is better for the younger crowd. 18-25 year olds. This board trends more towards the all important Male 25-54 demographic.

Tips for the more mature crowd:

- Under shirts are out. Either don't wear one or wear a v-neck that can't be seen.

- Loose fitting clothes make you look like a slob.

- Unless you are wearing a t-shirt, ball caps make you look like a punk that wishes he was still 22.

Truth be told, Med's advice is better for the younger crowd. 18-25 year olds. This group trends more towards the all important Male 25-54 demographic.

- Under shirts are out. Either don't wear one or wear a v-neck that can't be seen.

- Loose fitting clothes make you look like a slob.

- Unless you are wearing a t-shirt, ball caps make you look like a punk that wishes he was still 22.

I wear tight stuff to expose my bulge. :thumbsup:

How big are your cans?

If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a white belt, and your favorite pair of shoes.

Any grown man over the age of 35 (really 30) should never been seen sporting a white belt. And the white blazer? Heads up, Lance Bass sighting.

Racist! Wait. Blazer. I was thinking flamer. Nevermind. Carry on.

Truth be told, Med's advice is better for the younger crowd. 18-25 year olds. This board trends more towards the all important Male 25-54 demographic.

See for me, undershirts were never about fashion. It was about absorbing sweat before it forms pitt rings and back sweat, which chicks definitely don't dig. (my main club days were in Tampa Florida, where it is hot as hell, even at night.)

See for me, undershirts were never about fashion. It was about absorbing sweat before it forms pitt rings and back sweat, which chicks definitely don't dig. (my main club days were in Tampa Florida, where it is hot as hell, even at night.)

Then a v-neck that isn't visible should suffice.

GTL

No grenade zone

Then a v-neck that isn't visible should suffice.

Nah, fock that. The only people who care if something is "in" or "out" (I'm talking regular clothes, not sh!t like members only jackets) are wimmens and gheys.

Besides, I'm married now, so I have a personal shopper who handles that sh!t for me anyway.

Nah, fock that. The only people who care if something is "in" or "out" (I'm talking regular clothes, not sh!t like members only jackets) are wimmens and gheys.

Besides, I'm married now, so I have a personal shopper who handles that sh!t for me anyway.

Yeah, if you don't care how you look then I pretty much agree you don't need to take fashion advice. :thumbsup:

Accessories? Guys (at least straight guys) don't wear "accessories."

:rolleyes: Don't be a puzzy.

You guys are a couple of fockin' homos. I hope you find love together.

This

Keep it simple: You want a wardrobe that looks great on you but you dont want to overdo it. For example, dont wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Dont dress like a rock star unless youre in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a white belt, and your favorite pair of shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.

Mr. G.Q. think he so smart. He no know that G.Q. stand for Gone Queer.