Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Who was your favorite MLB player growing up?

Jim Rice

Wade Boggs

Strawberry

Dykstra

What? That doesn't make sense. I bet 1986 was a confusing year for you.

Dykstra.

Pete Rose got me hooked. At the first baseball game I ever attended a rookie was the only guy signing autographs before the game. He signed my ball and instantly he was my favorite. Eddie Murray.

Willie Stargell - We are Family was the first baseball I remember watching seriously.

Paul Molitor - Not even sure why

Jim Rice and Dwight Evans

shutup Franknbeans

What? That doesn't make sense. I bet 1986 was a confusing year for you.

Grew up in Met household and uncles were spankee fans and I wanted something different and I got WBSK on my cable system in the early 80s so I became a Red Sox fan - but a hometown Mets fan.

B4 you ask - I was 100% behind the red sox in 1986. In fact had bets with all my friends and they were giving up and throwing $$ at me late in game 6 - well of course I had to pay it back and then some !

Thurman Munson. The guy was awesome. Tough as heck.

Bad pilot though.

He was my best friend's favorite athlete. He was borderline catatonic when he died.

definitely rickey henderson. always stayed up to watch the late games when oakland was playing. great ballplayer. great base stealer. even better entertainer.

Bad pilot though.

He was my best friend's favorite athlete. He was borderline catatonic when he died.

I have a tendency on the golf course to pull short putts to the left. To this day i still call them "Thurman Munson's" (Dead Yank)

Growin up in Oklahoma in the late 80s early 90s, all I got was WGN and WTBS.

So the answers are clearly Dale Murphy and Ryne Sandberg.

I also was a huge Mike Schmidt fan.

I still remember some of the most obscure players on the Cubs and Braves from them days.

Yes, I remember large Charles Kerfeld.

dale murphy....only back to back mvp winner not to be in the HOF......ever. when he left he had respectable numbers only to see the steroid generation diminish his greatness.

Bobby Higginson I guess :thumbsdown:

My childhood was the awful, desolate era of the Detroit Tigers, so I didn't really get into baseball until they got Pudge. I still remember the Sosa-Jr-McGuire race like it was yesterday though.

My childhood was the awful, desolate era of the Detroit Tigers, so I didn't really get into baseball until they got Pudge. I still remember the Sosa-Jr-McGuire race like it was yesterday though.

Higginson is part of my alltime most hated tiger list

Higginson Raburn Juan Gonzalez

Focking Inge Deivi Cruz Inge Rick Leach

Todd Jones

Lance Parrish

Manager: Sparky

GM: focking Schembechler...he fired Ernie Harwell for Christs Sake.

dale murphy

Its guys like Dale Murphy whom I feel the worse for in regards to this whole steroid era of baseball 90's-2000's. I remember him hitting over .300 with 35+ homeruns and thinking WOW what a beast of a hitter. For average and power.

Now that won't even get you in the All-Star game.

Man, how the game has changed.

Its guys like Dale Murphy whom I feel the worse for in regards to this whole steroid era of baseball 90's-2000's. I remember him hitting over .300 with 35+ homeruns and thinking WOW what a beast of a hitter. For average and power.

Now that won't even get you in the All-Star game.

Man, how the game has changed.

Yeah, but Murphy would be hitting 45-50 HRs and batting .330 in today's game.

Happy to see all the love in here for my main man, Donnie Baseball. He was really the only player worth a damn on my favorite team when I was growing up.

Happy to see all the love in here for my main man, Donnie Baseball. He was really the only player worth a damn on my favorite team when I was growing up.

I think I still have the pride and power poster of him, Winfield, Jack Clark and Rickey Henderson.

I think I still have the pride and power poster of him, Winfield, Jack Clark and Rickey Henderson.

The first baseball card that I ever remember owning was Mattingly's 1984 Topps rookie card. :thumbsup:

Johnny Callison :wub: (pretty sure it's the first time I've ever used that hearts thingy).

Hit a walk-off HR to win the 1964 All Star Game on the eve of my 6th birthday. Still have his rookie card, a few from his days with the Phillies, and an autographed pic.

Met him when I was in my 30s and was still star struck.

Only tiger I have ever booed and I have been going to games since 84..annddd I went to 35 games the year we lost 119.