Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

NFL Draft Prospect comes out of the closet

Apparently the Rams aren't going to give Sam and OWN any "special" access to the camps or practices for this documentary. So it just going to be footage of Sam at home working out and stuff? Maybe they follow him to the ghey club? :rave: Is it really going to be more of what we saw when he got drafted?

:unsure:

Michael Sam is the Faggut Cliven Bundy.

All the supporters of the 'mo are all running away from the gay grenade and trying to erase all evidence of ever supporting the fruitcake. :banana:

Dunno.

Did he not have people interviewing him about his life and asking him about the book/movie? Did he not have people buzzing around him who could have possibly distracted him while he was pursuing an NFL career?

Or was he in a bubble where he could focus exclusively on football?

Part of being a career athlete is dealing with distractions. It happens all the time.

Agreed, but if you are a bubble type athlete to start with, and trying to be a pioneer and break down barriers, wouldn't it be in your best interest to try and minimize those distractions to whatever extent possible, rather than compounding them exponentially? (I'm exaggerating of course, no one watches OWN.)

2-14, woulda been 8-8, Hopefully fisher doesn't bow to the pc crowd and cuts the kid if he's too much of a distraction

Agreed, but if you are a bubble type athlete to start with, and trying to be a pioneer and break down barriers, wouldn't it be in your best interest to try and minimize those distractions to whatever extent possible, rather than compounding them exponentially? (I'm exaggerating of course, no one watches OWN.)

Maybe.

But aren't the people best equipped to decide what's in their best interest the actual people involved?

There's the way we would handle it...there's the way previous athletes have handled it....and there's the way Michael Sam is handling it. As long as he can prepare like a professional everything else is irrelevant in my opinion.

Apparently the Rams aren't going to give Sam and OWN any "special" access to the camps or practices for this documentary. So it just going to be footage of Sam at home working out and stuff? Maybe they follow him to the ghey club? :rave: Is it really going to be more of what we saw when he got drafted?

Doesn't really sound like a big deal to me. :dunno:

Everything changes though if Oprah follows him around introducing him everywhere he goes. MIIIIICHAEL SSSSAAAMMM!

He happened to get picked by a team with one of the top front sevens in the NFL, but he didn't know that going in, and this Oprah deal has been in the works for a while. Nor did he know he'd last until the late seventh round. So you can't say he's doing it because of a low probability of making the team.

I don't know how much of a homophobe I come off as here, but I was hoping that after his announcement he'd not say another thing about it. Get drafted, work hard, make the team. Then the NFL and the sports community in general would see that it is no big deal for a guy who happens to be ghey to be on a team. IMO that is what would have had the strongest long-term effect. Now, I'm thinking that he is doing more harm than good for the advancement of the cause. I could be wrong, but that is how I feel. :dunno:

I tend to agree. He's turning it into a whole LOOOOK AT MEEEE thing. Certainly not unusual in today's culture but it is disappointing.

I tend to agree. He's turning it into a whole LOOOOK AT MEEEE thing. Certainly not unusual in today's culture but it is disappointing.

It's especially disappointing since bigots like to accuse the gays of this sort of "look at me!" behavior and then Sam goes and plays right into their hands.

• Like 1

It's especially disappointing since bigots like to accuse the gays of this sort of "look at me!" behavior and then Sam goes and plays right into their hands.

Agreed. He's either severely misguided or doesn't care about "the cause" one bit over his own personal gain. At least that's the way it appears right now.

I doubt he makes the team anyway. He's on a tv money grab tour now. I hoped he would've said enough gay talk, let's talk only football, but he didn't.

Agreed. He's either severely misguided or doesn't care about "the cause" one bit over his own personal gain. At least that's the way it appears right now.

In a bubble, I don't care if he cares about "the cause" or if he's doing it for his personal gain.

But after his "I don't want to talk about Michael Sam the gay football player, I want to talk about Michael Sam the football player", anything he does to encourage talk about "Michael Sam the gay football player" is asswipey.

I love the left's spin on this, calling a Reality TV show a Documentary Series. Give me a break!

In a bubble, I don't care if he cares about "the cause" or if he's doing it for his personal gain.

But after his "I don't want to talk about Michael Sam the gay football player, I want to talk about Michael Sam the football player", anything he does to encourage talk about "Michael Sam the gay football player" is asswipey.

I only care because Repubs often accuse public figures of grandstanding as a way to discourage them from coming out. So it's a shame to me thy Sam would reinforce this belief by doing exactly what dumbeski types accuse all gays of doing.

As the very first openly gay NFL player I think Sam has a responsibility to think beyond just himself.

yeah, but now I understand HBO is pitching a spin-off series called "Hard Cawks".

I love the left's spin on this, calling a Reality TV show a Documentary Series. Give me a break!

I love that you attribute one guy's throw away comment as indicative of what "THE LEFT" is doing, being there are multiple references in this thread from the dreaded, evil lefties calling it a "reality series".

Isn't today bingo day? Leave the room. Mingle. You might win a banana or some extra pudding or something.

I love that you attribute one guy's throw away comment as indicative of what "THE LEFT" is doing, being there are multiple references in this thread from the dreaded, evil lefties calling it a "reality series".

Isn't today bingo day? Leave the room. Mingle. You might win a banana or some extra pudding or something.

Or the way your broad brush labeled Christians as racists and bigots.

:rolleyes:

Or the way your broad brush labeled Christians as racists and bigots.

True....other than ya know....that pesky Bible is littered with racism and bigotry in its teachings.

True....other than ya know....that pesky Bible is littered with racism and bigotry in its teachings.

Once again, a fine example of bigots chastising other bigots, with bigotry.

Nicely done.

Not to mention how intolerant they are of shellfish.

Apparently, sock-cucking and eating crawfish are on the same level in God's eyes.

Asswipey is going to be my new favorite word.

Thanks.

"Being Gay is Cool." That's an interesting perspective.

Ironically, the only sack he'll register in his pro career.

Im sure he will grab a few sacks here and there before getting cut.

I wish I was a gay these days.

Why? You would still have to take a cack in the mouth and arse. I think it's been that way for thousands of years.

Were you happier in college? :dunno:

You say that now, but if you've ever had to pass corn kernels out of your diickhole, my God, it makes kidney stones seem like a walk in the park.

Why? You would still have to take a cack in the mouth and arse. I think it's been that way for thousands of years.

Good point

"Being Gay is Cool." That's an interesting perspective.

If this is directed at me....I didn't mean being gay makes someone cool. Simply, I am as cool with someone being gay as I am being straight.

If not directed at me, then whatever.

Sam is busy pounding another man's fecal material into oblivion.

Sam is busy pounding another man's fecal material into oblivion.

yeah scientifically normal

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-hoping-not-picked-hard-224238843--nfl.html

Fisher said the announcement by the Oprah Winfrey network to film a documentary about Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team, came as a surprise.

''I think the Oprah thing, it caught us off-guard,'' Fisher said. ''Whenever it takes place, I think it'll be a positive piece.''

Just not this summer.

''Not good for the locker room,'' the coach said. ''Nor Mike to get involved at this point.''

Seems like the team thinks it might be an unnecessary distraction, even for a "scrub" 7th round draft pick. Don't know why I never considered that aspect of it. Guess that's why I'm not a coach or GM.

If you're both the same size you could save money on clothes. It probably helps a lot in landing a government or media job too.