Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

NFL Draft Prospect comes out of the closet

Link to the protests?

They just slipped in seamlessly with the other protesters in St. Louis since everybody there is already angry about another huge bullrushing gay DEs who couldn't successfully make it to his target. Protestor turnout is up.

i was in buffalo wild wings in opelika, alabama, waiting for an order.

on the screen was a guy who had accepted an espy award.

the sound was off so i couldn't hear his words.

i saw that he was a big guy, probably a football player.

then he started to cry. nothing wrong with that of course, but his speech seemed to go on for quite a while.

then it hit me that the person must be the new gay football player.

i remember wondering if all the attention he was getting was going to negatively affect him.

then he started to cry. nothing wrong with that of course, but his speech seemed to go on for quite a while.

i remember wondering if all the attention he was getting was going to negatively affect him.

He wasn't very good, if anything him being gay kept him in camp longer than it should have.

Alabama...id move up north if I were you. Intelligent women make lots of cash up north.

He wasn't very good, if anything him being gay kept him in camp longer than it should have.

Two sacks in a preseason game. Doesn't mean you make the roster but I wouldn't say he didn't belong in camp :dunno:

Alabama...id move up north if I were you. Intelligent women make lots of cash up north.

i'm from nj. i live in georgia now.

my sister moved from california to alabama.

yes, you make more money up north and out west, but i prefer this type of living.

Two sacks in a preseason game. Doesn't mean you make the roster but I wouldn't say he didn't belong in camp :dunno:

He belonged in camp, but it was pretty clear he wasn't going to make the team, he can't play special teams, so he should have been cut a white ago.

i live in georgia now.

Do you know why the St. Johns River flows north? :huh:

'cause Georgia sucks! Go Gators! :banana:

Sam had a pretty good camp. The fact that he had to try make the Rams, who had a solid 8 D linemen already, made it pretty hard for him. Add in the fact that the free agent Westbrooks had a better camp than Sam, it sealed his fate. As far as him showing he can play in the NFL, absolutely he can. No joke intended, but when he saw action in preseason games, he was consistently getting a really good push into the backfield. I think he'll be on somebody's practice squad this year if no other team claims him for their roster.

Rams seventh-round pick Michael Sam went unclaimed on waivers.

Sam lost a camp battle to the more versatile UDFA DL Ethan Westbrooks. 31 other teams had a chance to claim his rights, but declined. Now he's free to sign with any team he chooses, which should benefit him in the long term. Sam, bidding to become the NFL's first openly gay player to appear in a regular season game, needs to land with a 4-3 club that has a specific need for a situational pass rusher. The Giants are one spot that makes sense.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I think Sams is a pretty good player, a bit slow to play outside backer, and a bit undersized to work the edge as a DE, but still pretty good. Unfortunately for him the team that drafted him has a stable of talent along that defensive line. Still, I have to wonder, if the media hd jsut left him alone, might he still be on an NFL roster ( practice squad) somewhere?

maybe he should have just shut his mouth and played football.

what's next....the first open...

cross-dresser?

bed-wetter?

necrophiliac?

furrie?

Update on the protests? :(

I think the masses are waiting to see which protected class he aligned toward, you cannot have both African Americans and the gays all protesting at once, thats not nice, each group wants its own air time on CNN. Unless you are a gay black, then you are all set....

maybe he should have just shut his mouth and played football.

what's next....the first open...

cross-dresser?

bed-wetter?

necrophiliac?

furrie?

This. He should've just played. He didn't need a show on Oprah. He didn't need to make the rounds on the daily tv shows. He didn't need to make the kiss a big deal.

Look at Johnny football. He's quickly becoming hated for the same reasons. To much exposure without warranting it. Just shut up and play. Same as movie stars. I don't want to hear their political beliefs. Shut up and make movies.

This. He should've just played. He didn't need a show on Oprah. He didn't need to make the rounds on the daily tv shows. He didn't need to make the kiss a big deal.

Look at Johnny football. He's quickly becoming hated for the same reasons. To much exposure without warranting it. Just shut up and play. Same as movie stars. I don't want to hear their political beliefs. Shut up and make movies.

I like the exposure some movie stars have gotten recently. :banana:

I like the exposure some movie stars have gotten recently. :banana:

That's good exposure. Mouth shut and nudes = :thumbsup: