Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Your teams record this year? (prediction)

Now that the schedules are out and we've had a chance to look them over, who is your team and what do you think their record will be?

As a Rams homer, I'm not sure what to think. There are many teams on the schedule we "can" beat, but will we? lol I'm going to be an optimist and say we finish the season at 8-8. I actually think there are 10 games we can win, but not all of them are going to go our way, so 8-8 would be respectable (for a team that has sucked for 12 years).

Cincinnati Bengals.

At 1st look, I went with a prediction of 9-7. With the loss of Zimmer & Gruden, I'm a bit worried on the transition in 2014. I think 9-7 may be a bit optimistic since the rest of the AFC North has improved this off-season. Plus the rest of the schedule has some teams who played below their potential in 2013 so this schedule has me worried. Away games at Houston & Tampa Bay can easily push this team to a 6-10 record.

8-8 is probably a bit more realistic but optimistic as well.

I actually like Gruden being gone in Cincy. I think Hue is going to be a better fit as the Coordinator. Gruden had a tendency to pass too often, especially in what I thought were clear running situations. Gio will, and BJGE could have value this season. So.... I think you will see much more running, but losing Zimmer will definitely hurt. I think he's one of the best D-Coordinators in the league and what he did with that Secondary was amazing.

Agreed. While he did a pretty good job of developing Dalton, his play call was sometimes questionable in those scenarios you described. Tried to get too cute with his playcalls around the goal line, imo.

Zimmer is a huge loss. He got the most out of his players & kept the defense together with duct tape & glue during the second half of the season after Atkins & Hall went down. Still wish they had promoted him several years ago instead of extending Lewis.

Pittsburgh 9-7.

I think SOS is one of the most overvalued assessments in sports, especially in the NFL. I understand we as fans look at our favorite team's schedule and optimistically tally up the W's, L's and maybes every year around this time. And for fun, that is certainly okay. But realistically, it's a complete waste of time. How a team performed last season, is no indication whatsoever how good or bad they will be this season... And that is not even factoring so many other variables that will change between now and Sept. ie) the focking draft... Which has not even happened yet, and that really pisses me off.

How many people counted their fav team vs. Chiefs and the Cards as a W last pre season? Or perhaps the Falcons or Ravens as an L? Not trying to be a Negative Nelly, or ruin anybody's fun but in conclusion... Fock SOS.

Houston Texans 7-9, but that all changes after the draft. The problem is I don't know if it will be for better or worse.

Pittsburgh 9-7.

That might be ideal. I'll say this, they better win early, cause it gets BRUTAL down the stretch! Not sure what the team did to "deserve" these last five games, but: NO, @Cincy, @Atl, KC, Cincy. Team would be VERY lucky to win 2 of those, maybe even just 1.

In the first 11 games, I see the Steelers with as many as 8 wins with 7 much more likely. Let's say they get 7 and then win 2 of the last 5 to finish 9-7. I think that would be extraordinary. Especially given the Steelers' propensity of losing games they shouldn't. Luckily, they don't play the Raiders this year! B)

9-7

• Like 1

I might be in the minority but I think looking at SOS def has value. Id like to here Doug take because I have to imagine it factors into his projections some.

Surely teams fall and rise each year but I can pretty confidently say that Denver and Pittsburg are gonna be tougher games for the Jets to win than Oakland and Tenn.

I drafted KC D last year purely because their first game of the season was at Jax.

Packers record with or without the schedule is all about keeping #12 healthy.

With him, they are a lock for 10 wins. Improve the defense and it can be more like a 13 win team.

My prediction, 11-5.

Saints go 12-4. And they do it with defense and a commitment to run the football.

can't go wrong betting 8-8 for DAL. 3 out of 4 on the road at the end of the season looks grim.

i want to say 10-6, but...

NYJ going to say 9-7. 8-8 last year and addressed WR. CJ2k may be over the hill but still a better weapon than they had. Need to address CB via the draft, schedule looks tough at first glance.

NYJ going to say 9-7. 8-8 last year and addressed WR. CJ2k may be over the hill but still a better weapon than they had. Need to address CB via the draft, schedule looks tough at first glance.

I'm interested in how the time share plays out between CJ, Ivory and Powell. Will Ivory be the early down thumper a CJ relegated to 3rd downs or ?

EDIT: Sorry not trying to hijack

• Like 1

I'm interested in how the time share plays out between CJ, Ivory and Powell. Will Ivory be the early down thumper a CJ relegated to 3rd downs or ?

I think a lot will play itself out in camp and during the season. Not exactly the same but much as the qbs will be competing I imagine the rbs will as well.

I don't know if the Jets have anything in mind but I would speculate that CJ and Ivory would rotate some series...with CJ and Powell getting some 3rd down touches.

If all are healthy Id almost project about the same number of rushes for both CJ and Ivory with CJ being the overall touch leader.

as Mullman said, i expect camp competition with CJ getting the opportunity to show if he still has 'it'. If he does, I can see him getting the majority of touches with Ivory being the short yardage and goal line hammer. Powell likely the forgotten man.

if CJ doesn't have 'it', hell still be an asset in the passing game ala Tomlinson as a Jet. and i would expect more of a 50/50 split in touches.

• Like 1

Cincinnati Bengals.

At 1st look, I went with a prediction of 9-7. With the loss of Zimmer & Gruden, I'm a bit worried on the transition in 2014. I think 9-7 may be a bit optimistic since the rest of the AFC North has improved this off-season. Plus the rest of the schedule has some teams who played below their potential in 2013 so this schedule has me worried. Away games at Houston & Tampa Bay can easily push this team to a 6-10 record.

8-8 is probably a bit more realistic but optimistic as well.

Can't disagree with this, but it has little to do with Gruden and Zimmer being gone. IMO...one of the worst 3 schedules in the league.

- Open and close on the road

- Bye during week 4

- 3 game road trip

- 5 of last 7 on the road

- Last Monday night game of the year....Broncos

- Road games at Patriots, Colts, Bucs, Saints and Texans

- Toss in the Falcons and Panthers for some added insult to injury

I challenge anyone to find a tougher schedule. It's as if the NFL is daring them to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Can't disagree with this, but it has little to do with Gruden and Zimmer being gone. IMO...one of the worst 3 schedules in the league.

- Open and close on the road

- Bye during week 4

- 3 game road trip

- 5 of last 7 on the road

- Last Monday night game of the year....Broncos

- Road games at Patriots, Colts, Bucs, Saints and Texans

- Toss in the Falcons and Panthers for some added insult to injury

I challenge anyone to find a tougher schedule. It's as if the NFL is daring them to make the playoffs.

Last 7..@Saints, @Texans, @Bucs, Steelers, @Browns, Broncos, @Steelers.

I don't see that as that tough. :dunno:

They play the Pats, Broncos, and Colts, and then Browns, Jags, and Titans, for out of division. Seems even.

Hawks - 12-4

Start out 6-0 (With wins over GB, SD, Denver, Wash, Dallas, Rams) - We Look like the team to beat again. Very impressive.

Games to lose:
At Carolina
At KC
At S.F

At Phily

I really can't see us losing at home. I think we go undefeated there.

I could see Arizona or Rams beating us also, but I predict something happens to Arizona and they fall off. C. Palmer is no K. Warner.

KC Chiefs

vs Tennessee 1-0

@ Denver 1-1

@ Miami 1-2

New England 1-3

@ San Francisco 1-4

Bye (may find a way to play the bye close....call it a tie)

@ San Diego 1-5

St Louis 2-5

NY Jets 3-5

@ Buffalo 3-6

Seattle 3-7

@ Oakland 3-8

Denver 3-9 (flexed out of Sunday Night, and rightfully so)

@ Arizona 3-10

Oakland 4-10

@ Pittsburgh 4-11

San Diego 4-12

4-12 and a picking #3 in the 2015 draft and I don't renew my season tickets

KC Chiefs

vs Tennessee 1-0

@ Denver 1-1

@ Miami 1-2

New England 1-3

@ San Francisco 1-4

Bye (may find a way to play the bye close....call it a tie)

@ San Diego 1-5

St Louis 2-5

NY Jets 3-5

@ Buffalo 3-6

Seattle 3-7

@ Oakland 3-8

Denver 3-9 (flexed out of Sunday Night, and rightfully so)

@ Arizona 3-10

Oakland 4-10

@ Pittsburgh 4-11

San Diego 4-12

4-12 and a picking #3 in the 2015 draft and I don't renew my season tickets

Wow, you're harsh on ur team...

I see KC going:

1-0

1-1

2-1

3-1

3-2

bye

3-3 (could win this one though)

4-3

5-3

6-3

7-3 (hot streak and beat my Hawks)

8-3

8-4 (2 loses to Denver this year)

8-5

9-5

9-6

10-6

Make playoff's as a wildcard at 10-6. (2nd in the div)