Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Alright you tipping experts out there...

I just ordered a Pizza from Giordano's (IMO the best pizza place ever) Total is 27.80. What should my tip be for delivery? I usually just throw the guy a buck or 2 as they already charge for delivery anyway so I figure that is part of the tip right? so On 27 bucks delivery how much do I tip in order to not be cheap? :mad:

The charge for delivery doesn't go to the driver...

Fock, c'mon dude....

I'de prob give him $35 and tell him to keep it.

Yeah, the driver doesn't get the delivery charge.

If you're paying when the pizza gets there, I'd give him 32 bucks, which is about a 15% tip. If you paid over the phone/internet, 4 or 5 bucks.

is that how expensive pizza is now?

i havn't ordered a pizza in who knows how long but damn. I thought a large pie with a topping from a non chain pizzeria was like 17

id tip 4 or 5 dollars i guess.

On a related note, how do you guys tip at bars if you don't have a tab? each time i go up and get a drink i leave a dollar but im told this is old school and no longer acceptable.

I just ordered a Pizza from Giordano's (IMO the best pizza place ever) Total is 27.80. What should my tip be for delivery? I usually just throw the guy a buck or 2 as they already charge for delivery anyway so I figure that is part of the tip right? so On 27 bucks delivery how much do I tip in order to not be cheap? :mad:

MINIMUM 5 bucks every single time on delivery. Even if it is only 10 bucks, you always should give at least 5 bucks to the driver.

Wow, you seem really cheap. cheaper than Giants Fan. you should be ashamed to tip the poor guy "a buck or 2"...terrible. or as Sir Charles would say, turrble

I'd give him $40 and tell him to buy a couple gallons of gas.

i havn't ordered a pizza in who knows how long but damn. I thought a large pie with a topping from a non chain pizzeria was like 17

On a related note, how do you guys tip at bars if you don't have a tab? each time i go up and get a drink i leave a dollar but im told this is old school and no longer acceptable.

I guess if you like shitty Pizza. I order from Giordano's - I got a stuffed pizza and it was 27 total for a medium with some toppings. I gave him an even 30 as he was late I would have given 35 if he was on time or early. :ninja:

Paid on CC I'd give him five bucks cash. All cash I'd give him 30+ - depending what I have on me.

32/34

I guess if you like shitty Pizza. I order from Giordano's - I got a stuffed pizza and it was 27 total for a medium with some toppings. I gave him an even 30 as he was late I would have given 35 if he was on time or early. :ninja:

With shtty tips like that, you will likely NEVER get a pizza quick. Seriously, delivery drivers will bend over backwards to get you your pizza fast IF you are a good tipper. Bad tippers or no tippers always get their pizza last. Delivery drivers take care of good tippers, just ask SUX. He is a good tipper and the folks that bring him his pizzas go above and beyond with him.

With shtty tips like that, you will likely NEVER get a pizza quick. Seriously, delivery drivers will bend over backwards to get you your pizza fast IF you are a good tipper. Bad tippers or no tippers always get their pizza last. Delivery drivers take care of good tippers, just ask SUX. He is a good tipper and the folks that bring him his pizzas go above and beyond with him.

What about Rusty writing a check ? Good customer or not ?

What about Rusty writing a check ? Good customer or not ?

Checks are fine, as long as there is a tip included on it. Or better yet, write the check and give the driver a cash tip.

i'm not going to argue the quality of pizza places that ive never been to compared to ones you've never been to. I don't order from shitty pizza places. (although i have to confess i used to love me some pizza hut, don't even know if there are any around me). I have my personal favorites and they have high ratings in the ny/nj area. its been at least a year since i ordered delivery pizza but i can't recall ever spending more than 25 with tip.

i'm not going to argue the quality of pizza places that ive never been to compared to ones you've never been to. I don't order from shitty pizza places. (although i have to confess i used to love me some pizza hut, don't even know if there are any around me). I have my personal favorites and they have high ratings in the ny/nj area. its been at least a year since i ordered delivery pizza but i can't recall ever spending more than 25 with tip.

You win by location alone.

NY Pizza > Chicago Pizza

I get suburb pizza and tip 3 and what ever the left over change is. It's really not a far drive to my house. I am usually a very fair tipper, though I probably tip the least on pizza. Hell I tip the chick who cuts my hair at sports clips 10 when she gives me the mvp (cut, shampoo, head massage, shoulder massage).

Pizza is so focking expensive now.

Always tip in cash whenever possible.

Generally speaking, pizza guy gets 5 bucks unless its a large order in which case more.

The only reason I would tend to side with Moz on this one (meaning not worrying about tipping as much) is that the drivers are getting paid as much as everybody else in the store and driving isn't the same kind of hard work and stress as waiting tables.

The only reason I would tend to side with Moz on this one (meaning not worrying about tipping as much) is that the drivers are getting paid as much as everybody else in the store and driving isn't the same kind of hard work and stress as waiting tables.

+1

I'm a generous tipper, but unless we get a huge order, I'm not giving the delivery guy much for driving 3 miles and knocking on my door. He's lucky he doesn't get this:

Gas? Wear and tear on their vehicle?

My neighbors have pizza over at our house every Friday. I would always tip like 15% and they would yell at me that it is like $1 per pizza. Since I don't like getting loogies on my pizza (or worse), I still tip my usual even if it comes out of my pocket.

In your case, anything less than $30 on the $27 tab is bad. I would give him at least $32/$33. :dunno:

Some use delivery cars owned by the place. Others i think get gas pay

Don't know; never been a delivery person. Do they?

Here's a link comparing waiting tables vs. delivering pizzas. It was written by someone encouraging people to tip their pizza drivers, so they're devaluing waitresses and overvaluing pizza delivery guys. It does say that they generally get a mileage reimbursement.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/compare/

Here's a link comparing waiting tables vs. delivering pizzas. It was written by someone encouraging people to tip their pizza drivers, so they're devaluing waitresses and overvaluing pizza delivery guys. It does say that they generally get a mileage reimbursement.

Yeah, i just read this one: http://www.pizzatoday.com/departments/back-office/2013-january-the-drivers-paycheck/

there isn't a focking thing you can buy anymore that isn't grossly overpriced.

Wow...does that drive exaggerate what he does...

He should have added one more line...Spend time trying to remove sand from my vagina. :cry:

I usually give the Pizza delivery guy a $5 tip.

I usually give the Pizza delivery guy a 5" tip.

:wub:

I think thats reasonable, though pizza is expensive where you live.

Generally when they tell me "that'll be 30 minutes" , I tell them to tell the driver that my tip drops at the 30 minute mark.

Food delivery is for the laziest of lazy mother fockers.

Unless you're on vacation or similar, there is never a reason to order deliver\y

Unless you're on vacation or similar, there is never a reason to order deliver\y

It's not delivery, it's digiorno!

If you are drunk is usually my favorite reason. :dunno:

I get home at midnight after a 20 hour shift. I order a pizza because nothing is open and I have no time to do groceries.

The laziest people get their food at grocery stores with their food stamps and have all day to cook it.