Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Do you think you could take Rhonda Rousey in a fight?

Regular guy In-shape is a world apart from boxer shape. Going a round with a boxer who's had any decent training is the longest 3 minutes of your life.

Don't disagree. Also by boxing I was thinking of stand-up with mma gloves, not boxing gloves. If a guy had to last more than a round he'd be toast.

My only point was that a guy might have a puncher's chance.

She would beat the out of at least 99% of the male population and 100% of the turds left on this bored.

She would do this to anyone here:

This is a perfect example. Most guys don't even know how to protect their chin from a right cross, much less block a kick to the gut.

Some of you need to man the fock up.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror each day?

Yes, she'd prolly kick my ass but I refuse to admit it

This is a perfect example. Most guys don't even know how to protect their chin from a right cross, much less block a kick to the gut.

Maybe, but that guy couldn't even drive around a tree.

She is the biggest draw in UFC.

Rousey is kinda like Tyson in his 1986-1990 run as boxing champ in terms of must see/can't miss TV. They both run through everyone pretty quickly and they just look too dominate to ever suffer a defeat.

hahahahahaaha

hahahahahaaha

Rousey does it again in just 14 seconds with the armbar.

I think her next fight should be against Tate. She's already beaten her twice but at least Tate lasted till the 3rd round in the last one, unlike Davis and Zingano who were getting knocked out and tapping out in a matter of seconds in Rousey's last two wins.

Regular guy In-shape is a world apart from boxer shape. Going a round with a boxer who's had any decent training is the longest 3 minutes of your life.

this :thumbsup:

i spar once a week with my buddy who was runner up in Golden Gloves a few years back ... the body shots are lethal, and the footwork better be on point to dodge trouble ... it gets easier each time in, as my training picks up, but it's never pleasant.

as far as this broad goes, i'd emerge victorious :bandana:

hth :wave:

i spar once a week with my buddy who was runner up in Golden Gloves a few years back ... the body shots are lethal, and the footwork better be on point to dodge trouble ... it gets easier each time in, as my training picks up, but it's never pleasant.

since you're a common civil who spars once a week, I agree that yiu should be able to easily handle Rousey. Your hip toss/arm bar defense should easily render her helpless. Lol

since you're a common civil who spars once a week, I agree that yiu should be able to easily handle Rousey. Your hip toss/arm bar defense should easily render her helpless. Lol

- my comment on sparring once a week had nothing to do with brawling with this Rhonda chick ... it was to reinforce what vuduchile had posted about the varying degrees of 'in shape'

it's called 'context' and 'comprehension' ... try to apply it next time.

hth

I think her next fight should be against Tate. She's already beaten her twice but at least Tate lasted till the 3rd round in the last one, unlike Davis and Zingano who were getting knocked out and tapping out in a matter of seconds in Rousey's last two wins.

Zingano focked up and rushed her - Zingano is pretty good she made a terrible mistake to rush Rousey. Rousey is P4P the best there is in MMA in the clinch and for Zingano to volunteer right away to clinch .......... Rousey used her momentum takes her down then her arm ... over.. Only good thing here is that this fight this makes a Cyborg fight likely very soon as after Holm was awful there is no one else for her to fight. Other than Anderson and maybe Bones I haven't seen a fighter just dominate and be so much better than everyone else in her division than Rousey.

- my comment on sparring once a week had nothing to do with brawling with this Rhonda chick ... it was to reinforce what vuduchile had posted about the varying degrees of 'in shape'

it's called 'context' and 'comprehension' ... try to apply it next time.

hth

and what about the part about emerging victorious against broad?

A moderately trained male MMA fighter at her weight class, meaning one who knows how to fight and has been in the ring competitively, would be able to hold his own against her and possibly win.

You would not. She'd armbar you in less than a minute, guaranteed. If she didn't knock you out first, that is.

I've done Krav Maga for the past 3+ years and if I went up against her I would still be hesitant. What most of you guys don't understand is being in a fight has nothing to do with who's stronger. Sure it helps but that's only a small percentage of it. "I box once a week" or "I'm in great shape" don't mean jack when you're in a fight. This girl would beat 99% of everyone's ass here on this board. Now I'm not gonna go into a fight thinking I'm gonna lose cause then you've lost before the fight even begun. But she would be one of the toughest people I would have fought. Straight up MMA rules I doubt I would come out on too just cause my ground game isn't nearly as good as hers. In a fight with no rules I think I would handle my own simply because a lot of the techniques I know are for handling someone with no rules. I'd have to watch out for crouch shots though

Glad I didn't pay for that fight last night! I jumped on the PC at 9 to catch the last couple fights and the event was already over!

you think that with no rules she would not break your arm in under a min?

Women's MMA is more a sideshow than a sport. Might as well create a dwarf MMA division. Credit to Rousey who's beaten every girl she's ever "fought", but given how bad that fight went I doubt MMA will ever make a women's MMA fight a main event again

I would find it difficult to beat her sporting a boner the entire time......loss of blood flow because of said boner would cause fatigue, possibly gives her another appendage to "arm bar" or "boner bar" if you will.....hopefully I kum before I pass out.

Fock no none of us are beating her.....she could literally leg kick us to death, wouldn't have to land a punch.

t I doubt MMA will ever make a women's MMA fight a main event again

wrong Rousey - Cyborg would not only Main event -- it would be one of the highest number of buys of any MMA event ever.

I've done Krav Maga for the past 3+ years and if I went up against her I would still be hesitant. What most of you guys don't understand is being in a fight has nothing to do with who's stronger. Sure it helps but that's only a small percentage of it. "I box once a week" or "I'm in great shape" don't mean jack when you're in a fight. This girl would beat 99% of everyone's ass here on this board. Now I'm not gonna go into a fight thinking I'm gonna lose cause then you've lost before the fight even begun. But she would be one of the toughest people I would have fought. Straight up MMA rules I doubt I would come out on too just cause my ground game isn't nearly as good as hers. In a fight with no rules I think I would handle my own simply because a lot of the techniques I know are for handling someone with no rules. I'd have to watch out for crouch shots though

I've thought about Krav Maga for a while now. How do you think it compares to other self defense programs? Did you start from scratch? I know a lot probably depends on the instructor, but is it fun? Any insight would be appreciated.

Zingano focked up and rushed her - Zingano is pretty good she made a terrible mistake to rush Rousey. Rousey is P4P the best there is in MMA in the clinch and for Zingano to volunteer right away to clinch .......... Rousey used her momentum takes her down then her arm ... over.. Only good thing here is that this fight this makes a Cyborg fight likely very soon as after Holm was awful there is no one else for her to fight. Other than Anderson and maybe Bones I haven't seen a fighter just dominate and be so much better than everyone else in her division than Rousey.

You guys are way too into women's MMA

HTH

I've thought about Krav Maga for a while now. How do you think it compares to other self defense programs? Did you start from scratch? I know a lot probably depends on the instructor, but is it fun? Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes you start from scratch. You will start in the class with all the women and old people but once you master those techniques you can move on. I got recommended by one of the instructors to be trained by the owner himself with a select few that are training for actual fights and compete. I don't have time to compete but it's loads of fun. Great way to blow off steam and the techniques are very useful for real world situations. They go over plane jackings, ATM jackings, one on one combats. Loads of fun

Yes you start from scratch. You will start in the class with all the women and old people but once you master those techniques you can move on. I got recommended by one of the instructors to be trained by the owner himself with a select few that are training for actual fights and compete. I don't have time to compete but it's loads of fun. Great way to blow off steam and the techniques are very useful for real world situations. They go over plane jackings, ATM jackings, one on one combats. Loads of fun

Thanks.

I would find it difficult to beat her sporting a boner the entire time......loss of blood flow because of said boner would cause fatigue, possibly gives her another appendage to "arm bar" or "boner bar" if you will.....hopefully I kum before I pass out.

Fock no none of us are beating her.....she could literally leg kick us to death, wouldn't have to land a punch.

The winner, at 0:53 of the first round via Boner Bar submission. RONDA ROUSEY!!!!!!

The winner, at 0:53 of the first round via Boner Bar submission. RONDA ROUSEY!!!!!!

Perfect.....exact amount of time it takes me to actually kum during the sex.....soooooo......win?

I'm happy to see realistic responses from this board. Anyone who isn't specifically trained in some sort of fighting and is in at least above avg shape could not go toe to toe with her. I often see guys say "well I have 30lbs on them so I'd win." Fighting is not a contest of who can lay on their opponent and suffocate them, sorry. She would embarrass all but maybe a couple guys on this board at the most. Im talkin wicked shots on the chin poorly defended or devastating kicks to your flabby guts. Probably would make us legit cry. Rarely would these fights end in ground based armbars or holds, it wouldn't go that far.

She's also really hot. No makeup and in fight gear yes she looks plain, just like any woman would. But she cleans up very well and has a rocking body, your dumb if you don't think she's attractive.

I've trained with some pretty advanced female martial artists. If you think you are just going to put up your dukes and come in swinging and hit her, you are sorely mistaken. Her legs are longer than your arms, and it is easy for a trained fighter to control distance with side kicks and front kicks.

Remember also that Rousey's primary style is Judo, which was developed by little people to negate the advantages of large people. You would have at best one very small chance of landing a knockout blow as you lunged toward her. Then you are in close space and she can use her judo skills and lower center of gravity to put you on your ass.

Her latest opponent trained at a gym near me. I'm friends with another MMA (female) fighter. My friend didn't have much to say about her, but the locals were SOOOOO emamored of her. I told them I wasn't even sure to watch the fight because RR won the last fight in 16 seconds. I was told repeatedly that "She's been training with men and they've got RR all rigured out." (Quote)

Yeah, they were right, it wasn't 16 seconds.

If you know anything about Cat Zingano, she is the epitome of crazy biitch syndrome.

She would break down in tears trying to decide what dressing to choose at Penera.