Sign in to follow this  
TheGiantJets

Fred Jackson released by the Bills

Saw that, and while I am a little surprised. It has seemed like Jackson just wasnt Ryans guy from his first day there. At least thats the feeling I thought Ryan gave off anyways.

....and every McCoy owner breathes a sigh of relief. Even though he's like 67 years old, FJax has always been better than the guys ahead of him (right Spiller?)....

• Like 1

It will be interesting who will pick up Fred. Any team that picks him up will surely suffer one of their current RB's getting injured, Fred has that effect. Tennessee seems to need help. Now I wish I put more stock in McCoy.

I don't think that Fred Jackson will have much fantasy value. He will likely be picked up by a team intending to use him as part of a RBBC in NE, Cle, Tenn or Dal. I think his biggest value would actually be in Tennessee. That is the only place where he would be significantly better than the other backs and could carve out a 3 down role. I'm sure Billy B is dying to bring him in to download all of his information on the Buffalo offense and defense.

• Like 1

I think he's too old now.

He lasted longer than anyone really thought possible.

LOL look at this Buffalo Depth chart behind Shady...

Boobie Dixon and Karlos Williams.

Jackson must really suck now if he can't finda backup spot in that lineup.

Finally, CJ Spiller can run until he pukes

Spiller isn't a Bill anymore.

Was it last year or the year before that the coach said that about Spiller?

I believe it's been 2 seasons ago. I had him as a keeper for cheap and felt like I was on top of the world. Didn't work so well.

Heh when has Spiller done anything other than disappoint FF owners?

He should be on everyone's DND list is where he should be.

I like how Bills GM Doug Whaley is acting like he gave Jackson a break by releasing him now, when probably oh... March would've been a much classier act for a guy who's meant so much for that franchise.

I like how Bills GM Doug Whaley is acting like he gave Jackson a break by releasing him now, when probably oh... March would've been a much classier act for a guy who's meant so much for that franchise.

Agree with you .

Total move to keep him so long. Keeping a guy implis you need to see what he can bring to the table. Obviously Fred brings what he always brings. They knew he would be cut and dragged it out.

Could be an early signal that the Bills are looking to add Ray Rice ???

Who becomes the #2 behind McCoy right now? I see a bunch of guys who have shown flashes at times but have never stood out.

I'm in a 14 teamer and own Bell so I'm really desperate for a starting RB I can pluck off the FA list for Week 1 (and possibly 2) and not sold McCoy will be ready for the opener.

Because McCoy has been injured this preseason i didn't see the Bills cutting Jackson . Heck he looked good playing the Steelers this past week. I know it's all about the money with this situation but who else do they have this K Williams as been hurting also . It's very interesting .

Spiller running till he pukes is a common joke around here

Yea and I'm sure FBN knows that Spiller isn't on the Bills anymore. Doesn't seem like the type of guy to be out of the loop like that

I'm sure the Pats will take a look.

agreed.

Belichick loves Fred Jax and NE is looking to replace Vereen's pass catching

Spiller gonna be tossing cookies all over the field now, even all the way in NO. He will sense Fred Jax gone and just run til it all comes up.

Spiller gonna be tossing cookies all over the field now, even all the way in NO. He will sense Fred Jax gone and just run til it all comes up.

- howzabout this scenario:

CJ is still gimpy w/that knee ... Saints need a steady pass catching rb, so they sign Fredzo, AGAIN vexing Spiller owners -

• Like 1

- aaaaand it's SEATTLE ... headin' up for a visit, but deal seems imminent -

good for Fredzo, give him a very legit shot to go out on top.

SEA - RB Fred Jackson could play a lot

Source: The Seattle Times - Bob Condotta

Seattle Seahawks RB Fred Jackson ran with the starting offense Monday, Sept. 7, in place of RB Marshawn Lynch, who was tending to a personal matter. Head coach Peter Carroll said Jackson picked up the offense effortlessly and that Jackson will 'play a lot' in the Week 1 opener against the St. Louis Rams. Jackson will step into the role of former RB Robert Turbin. Carroll sees Jackson having a key role in third-down situations, both blocking and receiving.

Jackson might be worth a look in deep leagues if they want to monitor Lynch's workload.

Jackson skills in the passing game is with out question worth a pick up .