Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Dez Bryant

Sorry but it does seem to happen a lot to a player after they just sign a new contract .

Foot injuries tend to linger. I'm not buying.

Yeah...the 3-6 weeks sounds optimistic to me.

Sorry but it does seem to happen a lot to a player after they just sign a new contract .

My thought as well. Really can't fake a broken foot but I just knew Dez was somehow going to crap out after getting that big contract

this is why you draft good depth and hawk the wire. while i'll hope dez returns after the week 6 bye this won't end my season. sometimes it seems like people love to celebrate big injuries around here.

• Like 1

this is why you draft good depth and hawk the wire. while i'll hope dez returns after the week 6 bye this won't end my season. sometimes it seems like people love to celebrate big injuries around here.

If they aren't on my team hell yea I celebrate them. He just got many millions guaranteed, I won't shed a tear for his absence.

per local postgame, his is the same injury that demarcus lawrence suffered last season--broken 5th metatarsal. lawrence went on IR/R, which kept him out for a mandatory 8 weeks. however, word is that he was fully healed well before 8, so a 6 week timetable is not unrealistic.

So my awesome team that looked unbeatable in the offseason, the one that i had the sick feeling in the pit of my stomache about, yeah i may not have a winning record. I have now lost Nelson and Dez. Wow.

Never been happier to be a Dez avoider. not that i wish injuries on anyone.

But after getting paid, stuff tends to happen. Was he dehydrated, or pissed at Romo (again).

Where's all the "oh, wr are so mucn safer and consistent then rb" theorists.

That doesnt mean injuries to WR dont happen man :dunno:

Dez was on my team the past two years and he played in every game and produced like a WR1. The first game of this season he breaks his foot and will miss at least half the season but honestly that 4-6 week timetable is beyond wishful thinking. I don't care if you are a beginner or a seasoned fantasy football owner cause the bottom line is it all comes down to luck.

The schedule is truly brutal for Dallas in these next seven games and not having Dez on offense for probably two months will lead to at best a 3-7 start to the season.

How is an injury related to that theory at all?

Dez owner in my league is probably screwed. He drafted DEZ and Romo in the first 2 rounds, thinking he was going to hit combo points paydirt. I don't see him moving Dez though.

So much for that plan.

They're hanging out with all the "not sufficiently significant sample size" statistical theorists.

Cowboys dont need that sloppy bum anyway. Anyone notice how he got paid and dissapeared even before the injury? Classic case. why run hard and risk injury when you got a contract?

Oh, this year keeps delivering.

So in the first round - drafting 8th - I eyeball Julio Jones, and then see Dez right below. I say to myself "self, don't take Julio. You don't want an injury-prone WR - stud that he is - anchoring your team. Pick Dez."

Brilliant. :cry:

Now it looks like seven weeks or more , own him on one of my teams , I'm going to offer him up for a trade , and if I can't I'm letting him go just don't have the room on that roster .

Cowboys dont need that sloppy bum anyway. Anyone notice how he got paid and dissapeared even before the injury? Classic case. why run hard and risk injury when you got a contract?

TBH, I've had him on teams since he was a rookie, and he/the Cowboys often don't get him rolling until the second half. It was common place last year and the year before for Dez to have me worried until halfway through the third quarter.

I'm no Dallas homer (I'm still upset about them taking out John Jurkovich in a playoff game a very long time ago), but I respect Dez a lot. I highly doubt he's a guy to cash out. This is the guy who, as a rookie in training camp, told Roy Williams to go F himself when Roy tried to pull rookie hazing stuff on him. Roy told him to 'carry my pads, rook', to which Dez walked away, responding "I'm here to play football, not carry your pads". He is a competitor, and his teammates have only ever said the same about him. He was about in tears over the overturned catch against the Packers. Dez comes to play.

That doesnt mean injuries to WR dont happen man :dunno:

Why that's what everyone partially bases it on that they will break down or get injured. When the WRs have the most turnaround in the top 10.

Dez owner in my league is probably screwed. He drafted DEZ and Romo in the first 2 rounds, thinking he was going to hit combo points paydirt. I don't see him moving Dez though.

So much for that plan.

Lol, if he drafted Romo in the 2nd round than he was already screwed.

Lol, if he drafted Romo in the 2nd round than he was already screwed.

He drafted Romo in the with the second last pick in the first round, then went over the top for Dez. We all laughed our asses off.

Please no "I wanna play in your league" posts, everyone else knows what they're doing. This guy forgot to bring any draft lists to the draft. Yeah he's that guy.

Oh, this year keeps delivering.

So in the first round - drafting 8th - I eyeball Julio Jones, and then see Dez right below. I say to myself "self, don't take Julio. You don't want an injury-prone WR - stud that he is - anchoring your team. Pick Dez."

Brilliant. :cry:

you are really hating life right now, i suspect. 8 rec in the first half for julio.

Out 4-6 weeks. Buh bye, thanks for playing.

On Pardon the Interruption tonight Wilbon said inside rumor was 2-3 months. :ninja:

Sucks for yall that drafted him. I would have too given the opportunity.

On the flip side, it's kinda funny if ya don't like Dallas considering all that damn money they paid him. :wave:

I'm going to offer him to a guy in my league who has Julio/beckham/evans for evans straight up. figure he's prob down on evans with the inactive this past week....i really want to try and get something rather than just let dez take up a bench spot for 6+ weeks.

what kind of value should dez return? WR2? nothing?

wow... it took all i had to draft luck instead of Dez... being a cowboy homer and all...

hopefully he can come back strong in the 2nd half of the season as the cowboys are making a playoff push... that could be an easy division if philly is really that bad

I really don't see how anyone can speculate that it will definitely be more or less than 6 weeks. Nobody knows how fast his body can heal, so to panic because some doctor who didn't examine him said it will be 12 or 13 weeks is foolhardy.

I really don't see how anyone can speculate that it will definitely be more or less than 6 weeks. Nobody knows how fast his body can heal, so to panic because some doctor who didn't examine him said it will be 12 or 13 weeks is foolhardy.

I agree and disagree . Agree that everyone heals differently , but those that hesitate are lost. And than you just have a bench warmer . I have him on one of my teams I'm going to try to trade him and if not I might just cut him lose .

Nobody knows - that's the bottom line.

Jerry Jones was on this morning, said Demarcus Lawrence had the same injury last year. He came back after 8 weeks - but Jones said he could of come back sooner.... Based on Dez's fire and freakish body - I'd be shocked if he's not back before 6 weeks.

What's the fantasy impact on the WR corps in Dallas now?

I've always liked Cole Beasley. He reminds me of a poor man's Welker/Edelman and Romo clearly likes him. I think he's an obvious add in PPR but I'm thinking he could be a sneaky add in Non-PPR as well. He could get a ton of targets with Dez gone. Would Devin Street have any value/upside as the #3 now with Beasley and TWill being a bit undersized? Dallas homers?

Would Devin Street have any value/upside as the #3 now with Beasley and TWill being a bit undersized? Dallas homers?

I'm not sure anyone here, or Romo, trusts D. Street. Especially after Sunday night... I'd personally look for Dunbar to be more productive in the passing game than he.