Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Moon Landing - Donald Trump WILL be our next President

I've been here since 04 and he wasn't working then, IIRC. I'm turning 41 this year, so I was 29 when I joined.

If GoColts was a moderate, like me and 80% of America I'd have no beef. I'm fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I'm and atheist, and do believe in MMGW and a single payer HC system. But I'm not big on entitlements, illegal immigrants, and government bloat (including military bloat). I'm also 100% pro gun rights. Pretty much right down the middle.

What gets me so annoyed by GC is he's so far right, but has no problem reaping the benefits of social programs created by progressives like FDR, Obama, etc. For me, that strikes a nerve, because I feel someone in his position should understand and appreciate the importance of these programs. I don't question the legitimacy of his disability in the slightest. I'm happy he's able to keep his home, car and raise the son he clearly adores. I just get offended by his lack of empathy for others in similar situations. Especially considering children are the innocent victims in 90% of these situations.

Whatever though. I'm some super liberal that loves illegal aliens and handouts for everyone in his disabled brain. :wacko:

Well, your memory is wrong. I did indeed work then. Did not get on SSD until around 2007.

I am not nearly as far right as you and others think on here. So you are annoyed for no reason.

I have much empathy for folks in similar situations. I just do not like the abuse of some of these programs. Are you saying you are okay with abuse, because that is my only beef with mos all of them???

Not sure what makes you think I do not understand the importance of these programs.

Well, your memory is wrong. I did indeed work then. Did not get on SSD until around 2007.

I am not nearly as far right as you and others think on here. So you are annoyed for no reason.

I have much empathy for folks in similar situations. I just do not like the abuse of some of these programs. Are you saying you are okay with abuse, because that is my only beef with mos all of them???

Not sure what makes you think I do not understand the importance of these programs.

Well, when you say moderate republicans like Kasich are too liberal, I have to assume you're into the tea bagged guys like Cruz. I thought I remember you even saying he was your guy in this primary?

I hate the abuse too. I 100% do not think illegal aliens should be entitled to any social programs, outside of letting them die on the sidewalk.

In other situations with legal residents, it all comes down to kids for me. I think it's completely f'ed that people have 5-6 kids and milk the system, but in the end, the kids are the ones that pay if those benefits go away, or the kids are taken away (and inevitably go into some other social service we all pay for). I guess what I'm saying is It's not a simple black and white thing for me.

I hate the abuse too. I 100% do not think illegal aliens should be entitled to any social programs, outside of letting them die on the sidewalk.

In other situations with legal residents, it all comes down to kids for me. I think it's completely f'ed that people have 5-6 kids and milk the system, but in the end, the kids are the ones that pay if those benefits go away, or the kids are taken away (and inevitably go into some other social service we all pay for). I guess what I'm saying is It's not a simple black and white thing for me.

I agree. Example. Drug testing folks who receive social services that have minor children. It seems like many folks want to just yank the services from folks if they can't pass a drug test. The only folks who suffer in that situation are the children of these people. What are they going to do, let the children starve because mom or dad has a drug problem???

I agree. Example. Drug testing folks who receive social services that have minor children. It seems like many folks want to just yank the services from folks if they can't pass a drug test. The only folks who suffer in that situation are the children of these people. What are they going to do, let the children starve because mom or dad has a drug problem???

Well there you go then. We're not that different after all. most Americans are moderate, but the two party system forces us to "choose sides" and makes into a us vs. them situation.

At any rate, I'll stop saying you collect food stamps. But it's also not cool that you fabricate crap like I want illegal aliens to walk across the border and get free crap. At the risk of being racist, I actually loathe Mexicans. Living in Southern California with a 40% Mexican population. Seeing the squaler they live in, and complete lack of respect for the communities they overrun will do that to you. My city is actually going through a huge gentrification project right now, to push them out. Some rich dudes basically bought up all the land on the other side of town and are ripping out all of the motels and big apartment buildings the Hispanics lived in. Replacing them with 700k-1000000$ "working homes". Basically big lofts with a space to run a business from on the bottom floor.

Well there you go then. We're not that different after all. most Americans are moderate, but the two party system forces us to "choose sides" and makes into a us vs. them situation.

At any rate, I'll stop saying you collect food stamps. But it's also not cool that you fabricate crap like I want illegal aliens to walk across the border and get free crap. At the risk of being racist, I actually loathe Mexicans. Living in Southern California with a 40% Mexican population. Seeing the squaler they live in, and complete lack of respect for the communities they overrun will do that to you. My city is actually going through a huge gentrification project right now, to push them out. Some rich dudes basically bought up all the land on the other side of town and are ripping out all of the motels and big apartment buildings the Hispanics lived in. Replacing them with 700k-1000000$ "working homes". Basically big lofts with a space to run a business from on the bottom floor.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ONLY reason I said that was because of the foodstamp thing was getting to me bro.. Sorry about that.

You are right. We are not that different. I completely agree. I am not nearly as conservative as I once was, like when I first started posting here. My views have evolved quite a bit from my first couple years here actually. I am actually pretty moderate for the most part nowadays. :cheers:

The "free crap" thing pisses me off to no end.

You know what I'd like? I'd like it people coming out of college and especially those who go to pursue a graduate or professional degree were not burdened with excessive debt. Don't we want a highly skilled workforce? Isn't higher education the classic way to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps"? And yet these people end up with crushing debt that handicaps them big time. How does that make any focking sense?

AND it's bad for the economy. People paying hundreds and hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month in student loans when they'd be spending that money elsewhere and DRIVING the economy. It's focking stupid.

So when a guy like Bernie Sanders says "hey maybe college should be paid for" and "hey maybe people getting advanced degrees shouldn't come out six figures in debt"...

NO THAT IS NOT "FREE CRAP". It's smart policy and it allows people to actually pursue the focking American Dream that hardly even exists anymore.

So yeah, I'd like to strangle the "free crap" people with my bare hands

Isn't higher education the classic way to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps"?

It's hard work. Educated people have become a dime a dozen.

I watch the debate from start to finish. He got absolutely owned on health care and the economy. You can't just keep saying over and over again It will be great, it will be great I will be amazing.That may work for Welfare sucking simpletons like go Colts, but at a certain point You actually need to add some meat to those bones.

I watch the debate from start to finish. He got absolutely owned on health care and the economy. You can't just keep saying over and over again It will be great, it will be great I will be amazing.That may work for Welfare sucking simpletons like go Colts, but at a certain point You actually need to add some meat to those bones.

I am not voting for Trump, so maybe I am not as simpleton as you think. :D

I am not voting for Trump, so maybe I am not as simpleton as you think. :D

You're going to vote for a democrat if he's the nominee?

I wish Trump wouldn't play games with his racist supporters. He was offered up a softball question about David Duke and the KKK and refused to condemn them. It's possible to be for limiting illegal immigration and not wanting Muslims coming in and still come off as not racist, just say you're looking out for those who are already here and that the US and it's government is not a charity that exists to handle/solve all the world's problems. But the KKK has a long history of being terrible.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just projecting onto Trump what I want him to be. He is, as I've said before, the only one of the top five that I think has any chance of being decent or better. Better roll the dice on the unknown when all the known others are known garbage. I'm really, truly enjoying his political show and hoping to not have to vote for Hillary because I honestly do like him (even though my reasoning for liking him so much is pretty much identical to the reason I also like Bobby Heenan).

I wish Trump wouldn't play games with his racist supporters. He was offered up a softball question about David Duke and the KKK and refused to condemn them. It's possible to be for limiting illegal immigration and not wanting Muslims coming in and still come off as not racist, just say you're looking out for those who are already here and that the US and it's government is not a charity that exists to handle/solve all the world's problems. But the KKK has a long history of being terrible.

He absolutely will not pander, or he panders all the time. Both arguments can be made.

One thing is certain, he is one of the kings of one of the most liberal cities in the world. It's his business to appeal to all people.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just projecting onto Trump what I want him to be. He is, as I've said before, the only one of the top five that I think has any chance of being decent or better. Better roll the dice on the unknown when all the known others are known garbage. I'm really, truly enjoying his political show and hoping to not have to vote for Hillary because I honestly do like him (even though my reasoning for liking him so much is pretty much identical to the reason I also like Bobby Heenan).

I agree. And my only real hesitations with voting for Trump are the fact that Congress will be GOP and he keeps pandering to the drobeski wing of the party: uneducated stupid bigots.

I agree. And my only real hesitations with voting for Trump are the fact that Congress will be GOP and he keeps pandering to the drobeski wing of the party: uneducated stupid bigots.

rmff

I don't want a president that can't palm a tennis ball

You're going to vote for a democrat if he's the nominee?

Not if it is Hillary or Bernie, still holding out hope the democrats come to their senses and put forth someone who is not a lair or flat crazy.

I meant in the primary, my bad.

Not if it is Hillary or Bernie, still holding out hope the democrats come to their senses and put forth someone who is not a lair or flat crazy.

Who would that be? Give us some ideas

Huge surprise NASCAR is endorsing Trump!

(the guy that owns it and his son, Cass Elliott)

nambla is endorsing Hillary
  • Like 1

This election cycle has really depressed me. I don't understand why anyone would vote for Trump. Cruz is an absolute abomination. Hillary is going to get the Democratic nod because of black people...which I just absolutely don't understand. It should have been Bernie. We'll see tomorrow, I guess...but I'm sick to my stomach over this. What a damn joke.

I just don't get it.

This election cycle has really depressed me. I don't understand why anyone would vote for Trump. Cruz is an absolute abomination. Hillary is going to get the Democratic nod because of black people...which I just absolutely don't understand. It should have been Bernie. We'll see tomorrow, I guess...but I'm sick to my stomach over this. What a damn joke.

I just don't get it.

It's classic politics of division from the Clinton camp. Vote for me and I'll make sure you don't get screwed quite so much.

Or vote for Bernie and he'll try to undo the Royal ass focking 99% of us have been getting for decades. But there's nothing "special" about that for black working class folks. Now they actually would receive a disproportionate benefit because poverty and unemployment are higher among blacks but that's incidental to Bernie's plan rather than a promise to favor blacks over others

It's classic politics of division from the Clinton camp. Vote for me and I'll make sure you don't get screwed quite so much. Or vote for Bernie and he'll try to undo the Royal ass focking 99% of us have been getting for decades

It baffles me. Obama carried the day with "Yes We Can" and now Clinton is running against Bernie's ideas with "No We Can't" and it's resonating? What the fock is wrong with this country?

It baffles me. Obama carried the day with "Yes We Can" and now Clinton is running against Bernie's ideas with "No We Can't" and it's resonating? What the fock is wrong with this country?

I think she's convinced people she has the same vision but is more able to accomplish it. Total BS because she doesn't give two focks about rampant income and wealth inequality IMO

This is long, but pretty funny.

Learned some things (I think) too :thumbsup:

It's fine with me that they bring up the fact that white supremacists support Trump, and he should condemn them. But it's just another hidden ball trick. Goldman Sachs and crew are much more dangerous to America, and have done much more damage to all of us, African Americans included, than some backwards buffoons who run around in robes and hoods to hide who they are. I'd love to hear every candidate have to disavow GS and the rest of the thieves in banks and on Wall Street. Then we'd be getting somewhere.

Going to bed. Hopefully when I wake up it'll be a Trump sweep and that in distant second, Cruz has a better showing than Rubio.

Meanwhile, hopefully Sanders can get some momentum again.

Trump is going to crush it today.

It'll be over by 7pm tonight; and we'll all find out it'll be Hillary vs. Trump.

Trump will win the general election because Hillary is dirty and people know it. Hillary is a Democrat, and we've had 8 years of that already.

The pendulum will swing the other way and Trump will win.

I'm not saying I like it necessarily; nor am I saying I hate it. It just is what it is.

PS- I'll still take bets on Trump in the general if anybody wants to try me.

Currently: Chronic Husker: $50 bet on general between Hillary and Trump (both must be the nominees or bet is null). I have Trump.

You: ?

Trump will win the general election because Hillary is dirty and people know it.

Trump is 10x dirtier than Hillary, but the key is will people care when it comes to the general election? He seems invulnerable (currently) to people pointing out his sorted past.

Trump is 10x dirtier than Hillary, but the key is will people care when it comes to the general election? He seems invulnerable (currently) to people pointing out his sorted past.

This is the part that literally drives me crazy. Donald Trump has been in the middle of buying politicians and Wall Street his entire existence. Yet somehow he is the shining star to will save the Country from politics and Wall Street.

You cannot make this stuff up.

No. Trump is 10x more of a business man that Hillary. She works for the public. Trump is a private business man.

Hillary has much political dirt on her. Trump is just a businessman who uses the laws to his advantage to make money any way he can.

Is he slimy? Yup. Illegal? Doubtful.

Hillary is both, IMO.

I'm sorry but Trump is a bully and he'll easily toss more crap on her than she can handle. It'll be a disaster.

I hate them both.

but Trump's indiscretions had nothing to do with USA secrets

There are all sorts of polls, exit polls, data, etc showing who are the Trump supporters.

It's people over 60 and its the uneducated.

Who do you think con-artists, used care salesmen, snake oil salesmen go after? Old people and the uneducated.

This is nothing new folks.

• Like 1

There are all sorts of polls, exit polls, data, etc showing who are the Trump supporters.

It's people over 60 and its the uneducated.

Who do you think con-artists, used care salesmen, snake oil salesmen go after? Old people and the uneducated.

This is nothing new folks.

I really don't see how Trump is any worse than this field. Every one of them with the exception of Sanders is a bought and paid for shill of corporate America. The only differences with Trump are that he's primarily self funded, not beholden to the party elite and prone to saying stupid things.

This is the part that literally drives me crazy. Donald Trump has been in the middle of buying politicians and Wall Street his entire existence. Yet somehow he is the shining star to will save the Country from politics and Wall Street.

You cannot make this stuff up.

It's not all that hard to understand, years of Robert Murdoch's bombastc media desensitizing the base to inflamatory statements , rejection of science and mocking experts as "elitistist liberals", just a few of the reasons why he's got 30% of the country supporting him. And that 30% might be high, I'm guesstimating based on his percentage he's getting in the primaries, 50-60% of the primaries have been votes against him.

And despite BLS statements of how hated Hiliary is, Trump has a higher unfavorability, and when it gets one on one between the two, Hilary will look even better.

I hate them both.

but Trump's indiscretions had nothing to do with USA secrets

Don't believe that's really been proven with Clinton yet either. :dunno:

Don't believe that's really been proven with Clinton yet either. :dunno:

Can't we that hate her, just assume it's so?