Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

***The Walking Dead Season 7 Thread***

So, neither of the deaths was in any way shocking or even surprising.

Personally, just glad to see them gone.

Countdown until the National Association of Husky Broads lodges

a complaint against the show for killing off the fat chicks.

The most telling part was the VERY brief little square preview right before

the last scene with the Priest on watch.

If I saw that right (and froze it so I could);

I think the next phase will be the guy with the boots (or someone else)

has brilliantly figured out a way to weaponize the zombies.

Did you notice the one in the sneak peek had all kinds of jousty things

attached to it and had it's head covered?

Fock yeah, send an army of the undead into Neganville.

Watch those guys plow through their armor against

absolutely fearless zombies looking for a snack - and attracted to gunfire and motion.

Decimate their ranks and their ammo - then send in

the various human tribes to do targeted work.

It's about damn time those zombies earned their keep.

Hell, if THAT'S NOT the plan, I'm writing my own damn zombie book.

Watched about 20 minutes of this show the other day. First time I've seen it. Is there some deep character development that I'm missing, or is it always sh!tty, gratuitous violence and not much else?

Watched about 20 minutes of this show the other day. First time I've seen it. Is there some deep character development that I'm missing, or is it always sh!tty, gratuitous violence and not much else?

There's zombies in it.

You were expecting something from the Aaron Sorkin oeuvre?

There's zombies in it.

You were expecting something from the Aaron Sorkin oeuvre?

I was told the show was about people's response to extremely stressful situations, and the characters were interesting. All I saw was a bunch of zombie killing. :dunno:

Besides sports and nature shows, I don't watch much TV. Of the big series the last few years, the only one I watched (and enjoyed) was Breaking Bad. Given the hype, I expected a little more from TWD I guess.

Well, if you're truly scouting for character development

you might perchance wish to watch - pretty much anything -

for more than 20 minutes.

HTH.

And, to answer your query, there is a great deal of character development.

I find the priest to be particularly fascinating. Though some people still hate him.

In fact, most of the characters have proven to develop over time and tragedy.

For those that are capable of watching for something beyond Zombie Gore,

The whole show really centers far more on character development than

upon Plot development. Which is both a plus and a minus.

Though, the infant seems a little one-dimensional to me.

...And unless the Russians tapped into the polling data,

I have scoured the poll results and the award for dumbest

possible focking moment of the entire episode - and a STRONG

STRONG contender for the entire first half of Season 7 goes to:

A single bullet fired at point blank range managing to not only HIT, but

LODGE itself squarely INSIDE A MOVING BASEBALL BAT with a 2.5 inch diameter.

Absolutely FAN FOCKING - TASTIC shot

that even ol Wild Bill Hickock couldn't have pulled off.

...And unless the Russians tapped into the polling data,

I have scoured the poll results and the award for dumbest

possible focking moment of the entire episode - and a STRONG

STRONG contender for the entire first half of Season 7 goes to:

A single bullet fired at point blank range managing to not only HIT, but

LODGE itself squarely INSIDE A MOVING BASEBALL BAT with a 2.5 inch diameter.

Absolutely FAN FOCKING - TASTIC shot

that even ol Wild Bill Hickock couldn't have pulled off.

Lucille was thirsty for lead.

And to top it off not only did he let the girl live THEY DIDNT EVEN MARK UP HER FACE. Fock that. If that happened to me I'm splattering her brains and taking Eugene to torture

First couple seasons were different. It's gone downhill since, slowly until this season when it fell off a cliff.

Was very pleased with the mid season finale after the atrocity of the rest of the season. Tied up a lot of loose ends, that dipsh1t Spencer finally met his maker and the reunion at the end was pretty cool. Gave me hope for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

First couple seasons were different. It's gone downhill since, slowly until this season when it fell off a cliff.

It's become more drama than anything now

1. its a show about zombies.... for as much as I complain about the shows awful geography and convenience writing.... the last thing i'd be worrying about is a bullet hitting a baseball bat. How is that so unbelievable in a world full of zombies? A straight up miss would have been better writing but obviously she was going to take her shot there and obviously she was not going to kill Negan.

2. I am at least happy that Jesus reveals he knows the Kingdom. As per my convenience and geography complaints, I found it extremely hard to believe that so many groups could be living so close to each other (days walking distances) and not know about each other. Found it not very believable that Alexandria never ran into any Saviors before Rick showed up. I know they were "sheltered" but they still went on runs.

3. I also find it unbelievable and poor writing that Rick was so quickly broken and so quick to be ready to throw down again. Never would happen. More realistic would be Rick faking it and plotting his move or actually being broken to the point that he would not flip flop back so quickly.

also who the hell is left? the only people from the original group are Rick, Carl, Daryl and Carol. (I guess if you want to lump Morgan into here you can). The only person left from the farm is Maggie. The only people left from Prison/Woodbury are Sasha and Michonne. That's 7 (8) people from the first 4 seasons.

They constantly talk about how they have each other and "we always survive" etc etc... but their original crew is down to nothing.

Not saying everyone should live but if that's your premise, that this group of "good guys" survives together, makes it less enjoyable when they kill off too many key members. Beth, Tyrese, Glenn, Abraham, Herschel....

you need some shocking deaths but they went overkill for a while there with ending so many solid characters.

Definitely thought the last 10 minutes almost saved the season and made it worthwhile.

Noticed them walking up to hilltop house....too many women.

Sasha, michonne, Tara, mexi chick, little homely girl, Maggie.......shiit...Jesus and carl for that matter.

Looks like next season will have more action....probably some bs episodes convincing the kingdom to help out.

Definitely thought the last 10 minutes almost saved the season and made it worthwhile.

Sasha, michonne, Tara, mexi chick, little homely girl, Maggie.......shiit...Jesus and carl for that matter.

Looks like next season will have more action....probably some bs episodes convincing the kingdom to help out.

I agree. The last 10 minutes was some redemption for an otherwise forgettable season so far.

I agree. The last 10 minutes was some redemption for an otherwise forgettable season so far.

Agreed, Jesus is a bad a$$ tho, pretty sure he's a ninja.

Agreed, Jesus is a bad a$$ tho, pretty sure he's a ninja.

True.

Oh and the Rick and Darryl reunion was pretty great.

I liked the whole episode. The formula of bouncing around between groups works better than one an episode. I liked Negan and Spencer, but that bullet in the bat was ridiculous and beyond improbable. Optimistic for the second half of the season.

ya think? thats pretty much the whole point of the show right now. these 3 (and maybe a 4th) group have to band together to take out negan. Kingdom is the only place with ammo unless oceanside tribe comes into play.

its all about the people now.

can't remember the last time there was a walker bite related death to a meaningful character... or even a bit character

Would you PLEASE stop posting like this? :mad:

Let us please not forget that I was the first guy to predict the weaponization of Zombies.

the Zombie Union Rep has been agitating for weeks over their limited role.

I wish they had some sort of map where we could see where Alexandria, The Kingdom, The Hilltop and The Sanctuary are all located.

And exactly how far they all are from each other. And then on a bigger scale, maybe even show where the CDC , The farm, the jail, Woodbury, Terminous were.

My biggest problem is not knowing the geography.

Amazing how many people on the show have to mask their accents. Like 5 or 6 regulars are from England

I wish they had some sort of map where we could see where Alexandria, The Kingdom, The Hilltop and The Sanctuary are all located.

And exactly how far they all are from each other. And then on a bigger scale, maybe even show where the CDC , The farm, the jail, Woodbury, Terminous were.

My biggest problem is not knowing the geography.

You'll never know the geography because they make it up for convenience as the show goes on. Terminus being he most outrageous example.

As for cdc, farm, Woodbury prison etc... that was all in georgia.

I believe they are now in Virginia? They took a road-walk trip to the now dead black kids house and I think had decided that even though eugene was lying, thay DC was a solid bet. They were on their way to DC I think when alexandria gay guy found them

I had no idea that Rick Grimes was in "Love Actually".

Cute, but completely milquetoast and entirely forgettable.

Mock me all you want, it's my goto Christmas Movie.

I had no idea that Rick Grimes was in "Love Actually".

Cute, but completely milquetoast and entirely forgettable.

Mock me all you want, it's my goto Christmas Movie.

Learned that years ago. Yes it's a good movie

Every single season has its shortcomings.

This one, however, pretty much takes the cake, and there's a reason why it's shed about 7 million viewers over last.

There has been zero continuity this 1st half of Season 7. Sh!t, people are not seen for so long you almost forget what the hell they're doing or even where they are. It's just been a meandering, directionless pile of dung.

2nd half better be absolutely epic and have some meaningful direction or this household is finally going to check-out.

Every single season has its shortcomings.

This one, however, pretty much takes the cake, and there's a reason why it's shed about 7 million viewers over last.

There has been zero continuity this 1st half of Season 7. Sh!t, people are not seen for so long you almost forget what the hell they're doing or even where they are. It's just been a meandering, directionless pile of dung.

2nd half better be absolutely epic and have some meaningful direction or this household is finally going to check-out.

I'm still holding out hope that this is the direction that they're trying to move in. Introducing all these groups to at some point to get them together for a huge battle against the Saviours. That's what they do in the comics. And with that will bring a lot of death and destruction, which is when this show thrives.