Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Pros & Cons of Coffee

I'm kinda shocked so many here have never even tasted coffee. That just seems weird. I can't imagine not having a cup first thing in the morning. I love this time of year when they come out with pumpkin spice coffee creamer. Never ate the pie but I love that creamer.

Single guy Pros:

Would you like to grab a cup of coffee with me.

Would you like to come up to my place for a cup of coffee

Whoops I spilled some coffee on your skirt. Let's go up to my place and I'll throw it my washer.

Chick to guy ratio is awesome in coffee shops.

Cons: I always feel like getting a muffin or donut to go with my coffee which is where weight gain kicks in.

I generally feel better when I give up coffee for a prolonged period.

Yes...donuts or sugary pastries go well with coffee.

I'm kinda shocked so many here have never even tasted coffee. That just seems weird. I can't imagine not having a cup first thing in the morning. I love this time of year when they come out with pumpkin spice coffee creamer. Never ate the pie but I love that creamer.

It honestly depends on what time in the morning it is and how I feel. If I'm tired then I'll grab a cup of coffee if it's early enough. But after 10am I just feel it's too late in the day for a "wake me up cup". If I happen to go through Starbucks now that's completely different. I treat that more like a dessert than a cup of coffee

Never eaten pumpkin pie? That is about 1000x more strange than someone who has never drank coffee. Pumpkin pie is one of the best things you can even eat during this season, didnt think a single person alive avoided it their entire life. Not even a bite? As a kid? Never?

Never eaten pumpkin pie? That is about 1000x more strange than someone who has never drank coffee. Pumpkin pie is one of the best things you can even eat during this season, didnt think a single person alive avoided it their entire life. Not even a bite? As a kid? Never?

Never that I can remember. Thanksgiving was always at my grandmas and the aunt that brought the pumpkin pie wasn't the clean aunt and I don't know, it never looked good and I never ate it. Plus, it's a pumpkin. They are not meant to be eaten. You carve pumpkins.

Pumpkin pie is great. Pumpkin spiced coffee crap is a abomination.

You don't like the basic white girl stuff? The "PSL" they so proudly shout out? Yea me neither. Pumpkin pie though is focking great and so are pumpkin bars and pumpkin rolls

The largest brewer in Arizona, Four Peaks (bought in the past year or two by Anheuser Busch), makes a pumpkin porter every fall. I hate it. :(

The largest brewer in Arizona, Four Peaks (bought in the past year or two by Anheuser Busch), makes a pumpkin porter every fall. I hate it. :(

Pumpkin beer is focking gross.

I like the "Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead" by XTC

Suhweet! That was one of my favorite songs. :banana:

Let's have a listen:

I've heard it's about both Jesus and JFK. :thumbsup:

Suhweet! That was one of my favorite songs. :banana:

Let's have a listen:

I've heard it's about both Jesus and JFK. :thumbsup:

The video confirms that it is.

The video confirms that it is.

I've actually never seen the video. :unsure:

But I suppose that here in our internet age, I could do just that. :thumbsup:

Folgers, black, yes, please.

Almost all pro regarding health: lessens risk of alzheimer/parkinson dementia, diabetes, liver disease, certain cancers, and possibly stroke. It improves all cause mortality, with benefit greatest when consuming 6+ cups/day. It also helps athletic performance, concentration and mood.

Cons include the smell/taste, staining of your teeth and the pretense of coffee culture. The only health con is coffee may promote arrhythmias in people with preexisting heart conditions.

Cons all cons..

I just wish people who drink that nasty sh!t understood how bad their focking breath stinks.. Maybe then they would keep an acceptable distance when they speak to me, I can smell your wretched breath from all the way across the room.

I work in the healthcare industry, most of these people can't start their day until they get a cup down their gullet. Most of these nasty focks also seem to be current or former ( :rolleyes:) smokers as well.

I'm no fan, but if you remove smoking from the equation, coffee is actually very healthy.

I love coffee, I drink too much of it. Hate Starbucks though and I don't like hot coffee, I'll put an ice cube or two in there to cool it off.

I do 2 to 3 cups a day. Agree on Starbucks, overpriced and taste terrible.

To hot is bad to. Sipping steaming hot coffee sucks. Chugging room temp is perfect.

I have a birthday pumpkin pie every year.

Pumpkin bread is pretty good too.

To hot is bad to. Sipping steaming hot coffee sucks. Chugging room temp is perfect.

I like it warm but not steaming. Also I drink a single 16 ounce coffee most mornings; run a double shot through my Keurig so it dilutes it a little. I drink Green Mountain breakfast blend cups. I like the lighter roasts (more caffeine as a bonus) so I also don't like Pike's at Starbucks which they bill as a medium roast but seems more dark to me.

i make a cappuccino every morning for my drive to work. on my days off i will have that and then sometimes i make another or an espresso shot. love the flavor. the caffeine has never effected me.

have avoided starbucks as much as possible. they have a few beans i can enjoy (verona), but they generally over roast their beans. only hit them if i have time to kill and there is no other coffee shop around.

I'm a freak for my food and coffee being hot. Anticipating a cool down. I'd rather have it too hot at first than too cold soon enough.

I have no idea what so ever how anyone outside of 18-24 year old girls frequent starbucks.....what is the point? It is like buying a 100 dollar pair of jeans but worse. I think I have had a cup of coffee there twice in my life and it makes no sense. Glorified McDonalds.

have avoided starbucks as much as possible. they have a few beans i can enjoy (verona), but they generally over roast their beans.

Same here and my brother brought some Starbucks Verona roast over on Thanksgiving, that stuff is :thumbsup: I'll get more.

I've gone through phases of coffee drinking during the winter months, but it ends up making my stomach feel a little iffy if l drink too much.

Plus, too much caffeine makes me jittery.

Half caf is probably the thing for me, but I've never taken the time to make it that way. Maybe I should start.

Almost all pro regarding health: lessens risk of alzheimer/parkinson dementia, diabetes, liver disease, certain cancers, and possibly stroke. It improves all cause mortality, with benefit greatest when consuming 6+ cups/day. It also helps athletic performance, concentration and mood.

Cons include the smell/taste, staining of your teeth and the pretense of coffee culture. The only health con is coffee may promote arrhythmias in people with preexisting heart conditions.

This is true IF you don't bog it down with a lot of creamer, sugar, or flavoring. A good cup of black coffee, like you said, has a lot of health benefits. Similar to a glass of red wine. Which is why I usually have a cup of black coffee in the morning and a glass of red wine at night. A single beer is good for you as well. Especially after a workout

This is true IF you don't bog it down with a lot of creamer, sugar, or flavoring. A good cup of black coffee, like you said, has a lot of health benefits. Similar to a glass of red wine. Which is why I usually have a cup of black coffee in the morning and a glass of red wine at night. A single beer is good for you as well. Especially after a workout

Correct about the coffee and wine. Although it may be refreshing, I'm unaware of any health benefit from daily beer. The whole 'drinking in moderation is good for you' idea is less convincing over time.

Correct about the coffee and wine. Although it may be refreshing, I'm unaware of any health benefit from daily beer. The whole 'drinking in moderation is good for you' idea is less convincing over time.

Here's a quick link for it. I remember reading it a while back that just one is usually good for you. Especially after exercise (it's been over a year since I read it so the details about it are fuzzy).

http://www.menshealth.com/health/have-a-beer

Switched to 'black' tea due to Brits in office.

Actually prefer it.

I prefer my tea in the harbor

I'd recommend that anyone who uses sugar or Splenda or whatever in their coffee try using stevia instead.

It's a natural zero calorie sweetener. Won't make you fat like sugar (adds up putting it into 2-3 cups of coffee per day every day). Isn't some artificial crap like Splenda.

There are different brands and some of them aren't very good (I believe it has to do with how they distill/extract the plant). Truvia is my favorite :thumbsup:

I'd recommend that anyone who uses sugar or Splenda or whatever in their coffee try using stevia instead.

It's a natural zero calorie sweetener. Won't make you fat like sugar (adds up putting it into 2-3 cups of coffee per day every day). Isn't some artificial crap like Splenda.

There are different brands and some of them aren't very good (I believe it has to do with how they distill/extract the plant). Truvia is my favorite :thumbsup:

You're back from rehab?!?!

I drink 3 cups per day.

typical for a secretary

What, rehab places don't have wifi? :doh:

I thought it was good when Bunny gave you an intervention about your drinking. Stick with the program, it works. But you have to work it. I saw that on the Sopranos.