Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Random facts you have heard

I thought you were going to say his coat was stuffed with phone books, or something.

Those phone books would have, like, zero numbers in them. :dunno:

If you have over 50,000 posts on a message board you are 147 times more likely to be a virgin.

If you activlely use tanning saloons, you are 99.9% more likely to have WAHS (widened a$$-hole syndrome)

People who feud on internet message boards are losers.

25% of Russians die before they are 55.

Also, it is now illegal in Russia to tell children that gay people exist, No kidding.

Closer to home, the US is pretty much the only developed country to NOT have some kind of widespread accommodation in their currency for the blind. There are of course, electronic banking and seperate adaptive devices, but not built into the currency itself.

The US Treasury was already nailed by the SCOTUS, but has still failed to comply with the ADA.

Other Countries measures include: Various sized and shaped Coins for currencies, different sized bills based upon denomination, and at least half a dozen countries have raised "braille' type dots or ridges right on their currency.

As paranoid as we are about counterfeits and as many redesigns as we've seen, this makes little sense.

25% of Russians die before they are 55.

Also, it is now illegal in Russia to tell children that gay people exist, No kidding.

Closer to home, the US is pretty much the only developed country to NOT have some kind of widespread accommodation in their currency for the blind. There are of course, electronic banking and seperate adaptive devices, but not built into the currency itself.

The US Treasury was already nailed by the SCOTUS, but has still failed to comply with the ADA.

Other Countries measures include: Various sized and shaped Coins for currencies, different sized bills based upon denomination, and at least half a dozen countries have raised "braille' type dots or ridges right on their currency.

As paranoid as we are about counterfeits and as many redesigns as we've seen, this makes little sense.

They have the different sizes for denominations here in china. It's annoying. The ¥1 bill is tiny, like the size of Monopoly money. The ¥100 bill is huge. I had to buy a new wallet because the ¥100 hangs out half an inch. Needed a bigger one.

It makes it annoying because it just doesn't make a pile right if you have some of each denomination. It's just weird.

Drinking Guiness makes your poo Emerald Green-ish / black.

Totally true. Has to do with the Iron content.

They actually teach you that if you take the orificial tour.

I think most people know this by now, but for all the hoopty-do made about the British Royal Family and Royal Lineage to the throne,

The family is actually of Germanic descent.

In fact, they didn't even bother changing their name (to Windsor) until all that pesky anti-German sentiment rose up in WW1.

You'd think that would upset the Brits, but apparently by then, they just really liked the pageantry and myth.

Stupid Limeys.

There was actually a black Ku Klux Klan leader not too far back in the day.

His name was Clayton Bigsby.

True fact, you can look it up.

I found out what 40 meant three years after it was cool.

Well then, you're gonna love this:

"Quarantine" actually comes from the French word for 40 "qarante".

Whenever a ship was suspected of being infected with something from far away travels,

the ship was not allowed to make port for a period of approximately 40 days.

Hence the term.

I actually really love Etymology - the study of bugs.

No, just kidding - it's the study of where, how and/or why certain words or phrases came to be.

Things that we consider idioms generally have a basis in fact/reality if you go back far enough.

But even just basic words can have a fascinating journey from where/how they started out to

common usage today. Sometimes, the words themselves pull a full 180 from original intent.

For example: "Incredible" - We use that to mean "amazing!" or "great!", but the reality is, it's far more

equivalent to "Bullshiit!". If someone told you something back in the day and you said ''that's incredible!'

You're likely to have gotten punched in the face. If you think about how we use the word "credible", such a meaning is understandable - even far more accurate than as commonly used today.

For me, the most fascinating - and telling - is this: The word 'heresy' actually comes from the Latin word for "Choice".

Hence, to be anti-heretical is to be quite honestly - anti-choice. To make your own faith choice? Heresy.

Pretty much sums up organized religion, no?

The next time you pay bills, think about this: The term for "mortgage" comes from the French for "death contract".

Jesus, THAT's a happy thought. But considering the life expectancy back then? Makes sense.

We think "Denim" and "Jeans" are true blue (so to speak) American?

Denim comes from where the fabric originated: Like we have "made in America" Denim was tagged "Serge de Nimes".

Literally, 'From Nimes' (France) (pronounced "NIM".)

The 'serge' was dropped over time to ultimately result in Denim.

And Jeans? We owe that to Genoa, Italy.

Any you have would be great.

drobeski can't walk up 'em.

Ouch :lol:

I actually really love Etymology - the study of bugs.

No, just kidding - it's the study of where, how and/or why certain words or phrases came to be.

Things that we consider idioms generally have a basis in fact/reality if you go back far enough.

But even just basic words can have a fascinating journey from where/how they started out to

common usage today. Sometimes, the words themselves pull a full 180 from original intent.

For example: "Incredible" - We use that to mean "amazing!" or "great!", but the reality is, it's far more

equivalent to "Bullshiit!". If someone told you something back in the day and you said ''that's incredible!'

You're likely to have gotten punched in the face. If you think about how we use the word "credible", such a meaning is understandable - even far more accurate than as commonly used today.

For me, the most fascinating - and telling - is this: The word 'heresy' actually comes from the Latin word for "Choice".

Hence, to be anti-heretical is to be quite honestly - anti-choice. To make your own faith choice? Heresy.

Pretty much sums up organized religion, no?

The next time you pay bills, think about this: The term for "mortgage" comes from the French for "death contract".

Jesus, THAT's a happy thought. But considering the life expectancy back then? Makes sense.

We think "Denim" and "Jeans" are true blue (so to speak) American?

Denim comes from where the fabric originated: Like we have "made in America" Denim was tagged "Serge de Nimes".

Literally, 'From Nimes' (France) (pronounced "NIM".)

The 'serge' was dropped over time to ultimately result in Denim.

And Jeans? We owe that to Genoa, Italy.

Any you have would be great.

Las Vegas is Spanish for the vegas.

Grapefruit juice makes your jizz taste better. Thats why your mom ships it to me by the case!

We are the only mammal that continues drinking milk past the nursing stage

We're also probably the only mammal that drinks a different mammal's milk

We're also probably the only mammal that drinks a different mammal's milk

Yeah but isn't that just because other animals are too stoopid to husband cows, pasteurize milk and whatsuch? I mean, when we give cow milk to cats, they lap it up. We're also the only mammal to beat off to internet pr0n. :dunno:

Ha

I knew that, I just wanted it to sound like a scene from a dumb sitcom, or something. <_<

We're also the only ones who make halfway decent metal music.

Other animals, like us, think it us weird to be sucking on you mother's titty past the age of 1.

We just figured out a way to bottle it.

If a zebra figured out a way to bottle milk and drink it whenever it was thirsty, instead of going to the croc infested watering hole, you damn sure they would.

Anybody can attain a beer belly. It takes a real man to maintain it!

RIP Arnie!

:cheers:

• Like 1

Anybody can attain a beer belly. It takes a real man to maintain it!

RIP Arnie!

:cheers:

Ha!!!

Yeah but isn't that just because other animals are too stoopid to husband cows, pasteurize milk and whatsuch? I mean, when we give cow milk to cats, they lap it up. We're also the only mammal to beat off to internet pr0n. :dunno:

I knew that, I just wanted it to sound like a scene from a dumb sitcom, or something. <_<

Dunno about the pron but they found a group of monkeys that beat off

https://www.google.com/amp/gizmodo.com/9-animals-that-masturbate-other-than-humans-1723592357/amp

Vikings didn't actually have horns on their helmets. Ostriches don't stick their heads in the sand. A peanut is not a nut. A real John Deere is actually affordable.