Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Matt Ryan. 130 million, 5 years, 100 guaranteed

Yowsa.

Pretty sure there's a quarterback in Green Bay who's pretty happy about that deal.

Hamstring the franchise. Nice

Another barely above average QB that doesn't get it and doesn't want to win

I am unsure of their cap situation, but i am reminded of stafford on this. very good qb, not "worthy" of being highest paid, but getting ahead of the curve as other qbs start signing. not sure who they would get who is better (or better for them) for qb pricing.

• Like 1

this sucks. if ryan stafford flacco make this sh;t....eagles will have to pay wentz 400 billion dollars

I don't think Ryan is worth it either but what's your other option?

He's a franchise quarterback that still has years left of quality play. Those don't exactly grow on trees

I don't think Ryan is worth it either but what's your other option?

He's a franchise quarterback that still has years left of quality play. Those don't exactly grow on trees

I'm not blaming the Falcons, they have to pay. I am blaming the selfish money grubbing average QB (and agent)

it's mostly agent driven, but the players can put their foot down if they want to

I'm not blaming anyone for maxing out their market value. I'm blaming GMs for thinking they need to retain a slightly above average for such a huge percentage of their cap. Tell the dude to beat feet. Trade for Nick Foles. Have at least the same chance to get to a SB QB wise. Afford other positions better

F0ck me. Between Cousins and now Ryan, it's all over. Rodgers is gonna be the next domino (at least he is the best in the business).

30 million a year is the new norm.

Kirk Cousins gets $84m, Matt Ryan gets $100m........ Rog Goodell gets $200m.

Tells you just how much focking $$$ the owners are making for real.

• Like 1

Why did they have to pay him? Because that's what the NFL does? JFC...Look at what the Eagles did with Foles. The Vikings were close with Case Keenum. The Jaguars were right there with Blake Bortles.

I say fuk the conventional wisdom. Go spend some of that money on the line to protect the QB and beef up the D.

Stupid deal by the Falcons. They deserve to suck for the next 10 years.

I'm not blaming the Falcons, they have to pay. I am blaming the selfish money grubbing average QB (and agent)

it's mostly agent driven, but the players can put their foot down if they want to

You're full of shiot. You try and make as much as you can so why can't they? You sound like the new RLLD of football contracts.

I hope Rodgers demands 40 mill a year. :pointstosky:

I hope Rodgers demands 40 mill a year. :pointstosky:

Me too. I'd be fine with letting him go too. Then Mike McCarthy would be exposed for the fraud of a "coach" he is.

I hope when they give him that money they cut that no talent hanger on Matthews to pay for it.

I hope when they give him that money they cut that no talent hanger on Matthews to pay for it.

He can go too.

No player should take a discount hoping the GM uses the money elsewhere. These teams have millions of left over cap space every year. If Rodgers is going to take a discount, he should sign for $30 mil plus any left over cap money each year. Force the GM to actually use it.

Not even sure if this thats possible :dunno:

No player should take a discount hoping the GM uses the money elsewhere. These teams have millions of left over cap space every year. If Rodgers is going to take a discount, he should sign for $30 mil plus any left over cap money each year. Force the GM to actually use it.

Not even sure if this thats possible :dunno:

I like that idea

Why do you guys seem so clueless about this like the sky is falling? The cap goes up every year. Paying your QB is thr nature of the beast.

Sure teams could start saying forget it we will draft one and hope he is good on a rookie contract. But that is easy to say from our view. Tell a GM with no job security that.

The price of QB's is outpacing the rise in the salary cap on a percentage bases. Will swing back the other way at some point, but so many teams are going to be left holding the bag.

Amazing when you consider how much less the Eagles are paying he TWO best QBs in the game.

The NFL has already started refunding money to advertisers/networks. You can be sure sure the next TV contract is going to be significantly less than the last one. Even accounting for inflation. At some point, this shiit's just going to be unsustainable.

How often have you turned down a raise for the good of the company?

How often have you turned down a raise for the good of the company?

Kinda tough to go down this path. Ed isnt making $15M+

Or is he?

Amazing when you consider how much less the Eagles are paying he TWO best QBs in the game.

true fockin story

So wealthy people value money less?

No, I value money a lot. But $30 million per year vs $20 million pet year is different than $75k vs $50k. Its quite a bit easier to take an 8 figure pay cut while still making 8 figures than it is to take a 5 figure pay cut while still making 5 figures.

This/

this sucks. if ryan stafford flacco make this sh;t....eagles will have to pay wentz 400 billion dollars

You mean RG4? Eagles have 2 years to wait and see on that knee.

Go bless having a qb on a rookie deal

Ryan is elite. Never had a great oline, never had a great D. Now they will have top paid in the league QB and RB, WR soon to follow.

Whoa, easy there. Wentz is good but he ain't no Aaron Rodgers.

Ryan is elite. Never had a great oline, never had a great D. Now they will have top paid in the league QB and RB, WR soon to follow.

Ryan is not Elite. He sucks donkey balls.